Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I know it was during one of the fights with Luke. Don't recall if it was Return of the Jedi or not.
Ok so I’m trippin on why he didn’t jus force grab Ben from the bot, why did his attention seem to go off Ben

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I need more!
I'm still trying to figure out how the chase scenes made it in the show. That little girl doesn't look like she has ever been outside in her whole life. The director and cinematographer made bad decisions!

Man the fact that you are still obsessed with those 30 second scenes after everything that happened in this episode is crazy. I literally haven’t given them a second thought.

i swear some of you niggas will be talking about those chase scenes with your dying breaths lol.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Darth tried to burn that Nigga! Darth could have killed his ass outright but is bitter af! Man, if Obi Wan trains they are going to have some epic fights!
Nigga this ain't dragon ball z. I hope that's the only tight we see I don't want them stepping all over continuity just to stroke some nerds need to see their fan fiction come to life. I'm glad they didn't go over the top in that lightsaber fight and start dancing and twirling lightsabers like a band majorette with a baton. Lightsaber fights were always about intensity and emotion and not american ninja with Lazer swords.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga this ain't dragon ball z. I hope that's the only tight we see I don't want them stepping all over continuity just to stroke some nerds need to see their fan fiction come to life. I'm glad they didn't go over the top in that lightsaber fight and start dancing and twirling lightsabers like a band majorette with a baton. Lightsaber fights were always about intensity and emotion and not american ninja with Lazer swords.
Nah, I disagree. Obi Wan is responsible for Anikan/ Vader. He saw how evil and twisted Anikan has become when he was murking innocent town people for no reason. He has an obligation to at least try and stop Vader.

I'd bet in the next couple of episodes Obi Wan is going to contact Quagon (his former master) and Quagon is going to re-train him.

Last edited:

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
tumblr_oy0zcpPgSY1w8mobyo1_540.gifv

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

People don't realize that the entirety of the original trilogy was about the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. That's it. It's not about laser battles, it's not an action flick, it's not John Wick. It's about the redemption of one man that saves the galaxy. Hell Luke's entire purpose is to make Anakin reconnect to the good inside himself.

Nerds invented an entire universe outside of the trilogy because they wanted one.

But if you come at the movies thinking Obi Wan is a badass warrior and can't be weak and I want to see badass fight scenes, you miss the entire point.

It's not about the fight scenes.
It's not about how slow Leia ran (ffs)
It's not about huge battle scenes.

It's about Obi Wan feeling he has failed, everything he believed in has failed and he failed his best friend/apprentice. All hope has gone out of the world. And now he's hiding so that he can survive to see through his final mission of training Luke when it's time.

THAT'S IT.

The powers are secondary.

The only chance the Galaxy has is that the children of Anakin Skywalker may bring balance to the Force.

I think that's where people get disappointed. They're expecting the Avengers when they're getting a redemption drama.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People don't realize that the entirety of the original trilogy was about the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker. That's it. It's not about laser battles, it's not an action flick, it's not John Wick. It's about the redemption of one man that saves the galaxy. Hell Luke's entire purpose is to make Anakin reconnect to the good inside himself.

Nerds invented an entire universe outside of the trilogy because they wanted one.

But if you come at the movies thinking Obi Wan is a badass warrior and can't be weak and I want to see badass fight scenes, you miss the entire point.

It's about Obi Wan feeling he has failed, everything he believed in has failed and he failed his best friend/apprentice. All hope has gone out of the world. And now he's hiding so that he can survive to see through his final mission of training Luke when it's time.

THAT'S IT.

The only chance the Galaxy has is that the children of Anakin Skywalker may bring balance to the Force.

I think that's where people get disappointed. They're expecting the Avengers when they're getting a redemption drama.
Expansion of the universe was something Lucas himself did from jump. If he just made the original trilogy and that was it, then all of the stuff the fans want wouldn't be an issue.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Expansion of the universe was something Lucas himself did from jump. If he just made the original trilogy and that was it, then all of the stuff the fans want wouldn't be an issue.

It was 13 years between Jedi and Phantom Menace, so he didn't do it "from jump". There were books people wrote but Lucas didn't write any of them.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was 13 years between Jedi and Phantom Menace, so he didn't do it "from jump". There were books people wrote but Lucas didn't write any of them.
No he did not personally write any of expanded universe books, comics, video games and television shows. But it was his IP. He encouraged and in some cases financed the expansion outside of the movies. Fans didn't just create this expanded universe from their personal wants.

Last edited:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
No he did not personally write any of expanded universe books, comics, video games and television shows. But it was his IP. He encouraged and in some cases financed the expansion outside of the movies. Fans didn't just create this expanded universe from their personal wants.

He was making money fam. He let niggas go wild to make a profit.

Fans absolutely fueled that expansion.

I'm not against the expansion. It's fine. But also there should be a place for the original vision as well. I feel this series is that. But it also has ties to the expanded universe.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

I'm not against the expansion. It's fine. But also there should be a place for the original vision as well. I feel this series is that. But it also has ties to the expanded universe.
Some of those novels had phenomenal story arcs

2missedcalls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm still trying to figure out how the chase scenes made it in the show. That little girl doesn't look like she has ever been outside in her whole life. The director and cinematographer made bad decisions!
Everyone is saying this!
That little girl is slow as hell. Must be the director's grandaughter.

A scene in which a group of bounty hunters kidnap her has already become a joke among Star Wars fans, as Leia’s attempt to escape is amusingly slow, depicting the bumbling kidnappers repeatedly foiled by the tiny child lightly jogging through some trees.

This is followed by another scene that takes place in a densely packed city, where Leia runs away from Obi-Wan, who is also completely incapable of catching up to her slow gait.

New-Picture-84.png

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When Disney purchased Lucasfilms, they basically said the "expand universe" novels were not canon, I don't think they technically ever were, but I think that does not mean Disney writers can pick and choose who or what they want to incorporate (Grand Admiral Thrawn for example).

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone is saying this!
That little girl is slow as hell. Must be the director's grandaughter.

A scene in which a group of bounty hunters kidnap her has already become a joke among Star Wars fans, as Leia’s attempt to escape is amusingly slow, depicting the bumbling kidnappers repeatedly foiled by the tiny child lightly jogging through some trees.

This is followed by another scene that takes place in a densely packed city, where Leia runs away from Obi-Wan, who is also completely incapable of catching up to her slow gait.

New-Picture-84.png
That shit was ridiculous!!!!!!!

It was funny at the same time because it was so unreal that they were trying pass this off as believable.

Then that chase when Obi was chasing her through the town. She somehow gained 500 ft on him in seconds :lol:

Just silly.....

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

THAT'S IT.

I completely agree with your point about the trilogy.

But as a kid and younger fan, I didn't give a fuck about the redemption of Anakin/Vader. What was that? What fueled my passion was all the other shit. Luke, han, Chewy, Lando, and Leih. Bad ass vader. Wanted that Boba fett action figure that they banned.

That was my peers too. That's why we were begging our parents to take us to the movies and buy the shit. Years later, we were older when baby vader came out in 99, but we were there. And damn if I didn't know OGs wanted to see Yoda swinging that saber and fighting in that second film. I remember being on a porch off 131 when we found out yoda was going to get it in. Think that was 02. :lol: Still didn't care about redemption, more like vader becoming bad ass vader. How? And let's see him bust some heads.

Star wars is one of the biggest examples of 'the customer is always right' that there is. The creator made something, the fans made it into something huge. Something beyond probably what the creator could have imagined.

Yeah man, I'm a big kid when it comes to star wars. I feel some others are too. Guilty as charged. We always liked the action part of this along with the story. The 2 coexisting so well is what made star wars so special. Where the story is deep as fuck, but the action was also so memorable. What a combo.

What I remember most about that one recent star wars movie? The ending with Vader coming in and killing everyone. :eek2:Jesus. Can't remember shit else about the film.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The Indian chick helping Obi Wan and Leia had a clear shot on Vader.....but shot a stormtrooper instead :hmm:

Lolz great episode. Vader is being portrayed as he should; an unstoppable Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees force (no pun) of destruction....

Last edited:

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I completely agree with your point about the trilogy.

But as a kid and younger fan, I didn't give a fuck about the redemption of Anakin/Vader. What was that? What fueled my passion was all the other shit. Luke, han, Chewy, Lando, and Leih. Bad ass vader. Wanted that Boba fett action figure that they banned.

That was my peers too. That's why we were begging our parents to take us to the movies and buy the shit. Years later, we were older when baby vader came out in 99, but we were there. And damn if I didn't know OGs wanted to see Yoda swinging that saber and fighting in that second film. I remember being on a porch off 131 when we found out yoda was going to get it in. Think that was 02. :lol: Still didn't care about redemption, more like vader becoming bad ass vader. How? And let's see him bust some heads.

Star wars is one of the biggest examples of 'the customer is always right' that there is. The creator made something, the fans made it into something huge. Something beyond probably what the creator could have imagined.

Yeah man, I'm a big kid when it comes to star wars. I feel some others are too. Guilty as charged. We always liked the action part of this along with the story. The 2 coexisting so well is what made star wars so special. Where the story is deep as fuck, but the action was also so memorable. What a combo.

What I remember most about that one recent star wars movie? The ending with Vader coming in and killing everyone. :eek2:Jesus. Can't remember shit else about the film.
That shit was ridiculous!!!!!!!

It was funny at the same time because it was so unreal that they were trying pass this off as believable.

Then that chase when Obi was chasing her through the town. She somehow gained 500 ft on him in seconds :lol:

Just silly.....

yeah hollywood don't care about how silly something is or what longtime fans think as long as they can check the boxes for diversity