Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
man everything about this is fantastic….

the chick who is playing Leia is perfectly cast…
It’s like a completely do over for the horrible child acting that was in the phantom menace.

I love how this really does seem to set up why Ben Kenobi eventually broke down and trained Luke…

its also setting up his fight with Maul in Rebels…

i hate that this is a limited series…

they really could drag this out… at least another season..

also…. I dont know what we have to do…

but this shit fucking Set up A Starkiller series perfectly…

Especially with the drop about them kidnapping force sensitive children…

Starkiller needs his own damn show.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is ironic to me is that people are watching a fantasy show about magical wizards in space and then get upset over some minute thing about a girl not being fast enough as if any of this is applicable to the real world except the themes.

It doesn't matter if she is fast in the real world. Of course a little girl is not going to be able to do that.. the point of the scenes is to show she is gifted in the context of the show. Honestly, it does work within the story's framework. It's fantasy and basic storytelling about a character.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
What is ironic to me is that people are watching a fantasy show about magical wizards in space and then get upset over some minute thing about a girl not being fast enough as if any of this is applicable to the real world except the themes.

It doesn't matter if she is fast in the real world. Of course a little girl is not going to be able to do that.. the point of the scenes is to show she is gifted in the context of the show. Honestly, it does work within the story's framework. It's fantasy and basic storytelling about a character.

Bro and the fucked up thing is in neither case was she able to run away. She literally ran for 30 seconds each time before getting caught or cornered.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ok ep 3 was good overall,the black chick still cant act,she just happen to know exactly where they was in that town and then knew to move that 1 thing to revile the door THEN made it all the way to the other side without passing the kid and the Indian woman and beat lea to the end.....yea....... i just dont like her role but for people to send threats to her and call her ******* etc is uncalled for....her acting is bad but its not her fault they wrote the character in the show like that ....

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Bro and the fucked up thing is in neither case was she able to run away. She literally ran for 30 seconds each time before getting caught or cornered.
The kid is ten years old and a brilliant little actress, people complaining about her can just be ignored as your average basement dwelling neck beard, turn off the show, go paint your world of warcraft minitures and stfu. Lol

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

It’s like a completely do over for the horrible child acting that was in the phantom menace.

I love how this really does seem to set up why Ben Kenobi eventually broke down and trained Luke…

This is a little off topic but I really dislike rebels and I don't count it as canon even though it is. That show lost me at the second season when Yoda appeared and it oc ured to me that this is a Disney cartoon due to the art direction.its kid friendly compared to clone wars.it had a spark at first until they made Ezra force sensitive and he's the one that held the show back.

The show is bland and the locals are also dull and bland. I really loath lothal. Back to Ezra aka space Aladdin and he was nicknamed that rightfully so. I feel like he was more fun when he was just a thief and his job was to break into or infiltrate strong holds. Just like hers was the pilot man was the pirate zeb was the strong guy etc Ezra had the perfect role as a third then they made him force sensitive and he became a generic Jedi Padawan. Also he took the focus of the show away from man who I felt should've been the .win focus of the show. Another flaw of the show was that it was over saturated with unecessary guest appearances from popular star wars characters instead of crated it's own characters. It was over done between Lando, C3-PO and r2 , princess Leia, palpatine, captain Rex,wolfr gregor.and thrawn as a reoccurring villian which is why I believe the show was so popular. Also palpatine shows up. I really don't believe that Ezra was that much of a threat for palpatine to get involved.

This show couldn't hold up on it's own with all those guest characters and there's a couple that I left out. There were a few bka d filler episodes here and there but there are some things I did like such as the Jedi bendu, zebs, bo rifle which was also a cool weapon to use in star wars battle front etc but I'm rambling so.back.to.it. the main thing I dislike about rebels is it steps on and overcrowds continuity. Ezra was unecessary as a Jedi. He has slot of fans but to me he is the definition of overated. He's annoying like the martez sisters in season 7 of clone wars they did not have to.have him meet up with obi wan in the tattooine desert and obi wan and Darth maul should've never had that fight. They could've did that in a one shit live action obi wan Disney plus episode.ezra . Why did they need to have this 15 year old kid in the force when Luke is right around the corner? And speaking of stepping continuity with stupid retcons in the final episode they said hers was st that space battle if endor no just no.Rebels , the show Disney surplanted clone wars season 7 for and forced Dave filoni to make. Thanks but no thanks mouse.

*Disclaimer* if you like this show it's ok you have a right to your opinion.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, now they got Vader's slow ass popping up out of nowhere on some Michael Myers shit.
I noticed that goofy shit too.

One more huge issue. At the end of Ep.3, how does the Black chick go past the little girl in the tunnel or even know where the end of that tunnel was if she went around?

Maybe they will explain that in Ep.4.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They should recast Sha'Carri Richardson as Leia so these niggas can move on with their lives lmao.
giphy.gif

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

:lol: I'm waiting until all the eps drop, but damn, that sounds like what to expect. I just don't trust Disney with star wars. I know if it went down like described, someone in that writers room had to be thinking :confused::confused::confused: but was too afraid to say something.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
:lol: I'm waiting until all the eps drop, but damn, that sounds like what to expect. I just don't trust Disney with star wars. I know if it went down like described, someone in that writers room had to be thinking :confused::confused::confused: but was too afraid to say something.

Disney is not to be trusted - that's facts. They spent 60 Bil cash to buy Fox and now they're milking every IP they got to recoup the money.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
No he did not personally write any of expanded universe books, comics, video games and television shows. But it was his IP. He encouraged and in some cases financed the expansion outside of the movies. Fans didn't just create this expanded universe from their personal wants.
Which Disney threw out and declared non-canon a.k.a"Legends"

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just remember Leila= turtle running .. grown men = cheetah… but somehow turtle wins.. when you see it you will laugh at the unintentional comedy.. I mean everybody laughs at that shit

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Obi-wan was straight running - and Vader WALKED him down. :lol:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

you clearly don't remember the mountain lion plot in 24.

just stop it man.

:roflmao2:

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
Obi-wan wasnt running, he was stumbling around in fear... straight terror! couldnt event stand on his own 2 feet when he felt the weight of the Dark Side in Vader.

The thing that irks me is no Vader music when he appeared on screen - I kept waiting for it and they gave me nothing :angry: play the damn track you fucks!

(PS - Vader scared of fire)
(PS2 - theres a lot of bad acting on here, not just the sister, let that bitch live)
(PS3 - why is her name Moses? I aint calling her that fam)
(PS4 - cant wait for Quilan Voss or Qui-gon to show up)
(PS5 - still cant get one)

Mr. Lengthy

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Indian chick helping Obi Wan and Leia had a clear shot on Vader.....but shot a stormtrooper instead :hmm:

Lolz great episode. Vader is being portrayed as he should; an unstoppable Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees force (no pun) of destruction....
I thought so too, but then remember this is Vader maybe she was in the Empire long enough to know better than to try that.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
:lol::roflmao:LMBAO everybody keep calling her "that little girl" like she's a new character ...
I guess folks don't want her to be canon:giggle:
original.jpg
princess-leia-carrie-fisher-1108x0-c-default.jpg

:rolleyes2::dunno:...it's Princess Leia Organa , Luke's not so twin!

You know the original costar of the story, the one with the two cinnabons or dooky twist tie on her head?...the one who we already know how her story ends in movie and in real life RIP to C. Fisher...

I gotta stop assuming folks even seen the original these days....@ least call her " lil' Leia" :rolleyes: The fastest lil girl in that Galaxy!
:giggle::roflmao3::lol: jmo

Last edited: