Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
I just want to elaborate on the light saber styles.

vader is unable to use most styles since Kenobi sliced him up. He just becomes the battering ram of power we see now.

however at the height of the Jedi there were several Masterr proficient at all styles except Vaapad. Anakin knows them all as well.

the “American ninja” style (as it was called here) is an actual saber style. During the original trilogy it was not shown because (at least known to the Sith) only Palpatine was alive to do them. You saw what he did to Savage and Maul…

we learn later that other Jedi survived the empire to bring those styles back, but the (understood at the time)remaining force users (Luke primarily) only knew the broad sword style fighting and primarily what we saw in the originals.

The movies do very badly with explaining this concept, and it implies that the flowing sabers styles are made up when they’re just primarily extinct. Until Ashoka and the other survivors return to the fold at least.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I really wanted to like this. But, Disney has officially taken Star Wars and fumbled every play.

The ideas were good, but the execution has been lacking.

Oh, and now......fire stops Darth Vader???
#dead

Episode was good except for the fire part, Vader could have jumped over or used the force to out it.

Storm Troopers cant hit a target 20 feet away.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
and Obi Wan lost everything in 10 years but how long was Yoda in self imposed exile and he could teach Luke to like an X-Wing out a swamp

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Dagobah was a planet strong with the Force -- shielding Yoda from other force users while also plugging him in to the force
- Vader rests on Mustafar for similar reasons

Last edited:

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
Dagobah was a planet strong with the Force -- shielding Yoda from other force users while also plugging him in to the force
- Vader rests on Mustafar for similar reasons

Yes, Dagobah and Mustafa let were both light side and dark side nexus points. They were immersed in the force and stayed fairly strong (Yoda) to a fucking hurricane (Vader).

Obi-Wans PTSD plus being cut off from the force for so long must have been torturous. If you pay attention, he was actually scared of using the force when all he had to do was plug back in. I want them to flesh that out more, hoping they do that.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
This. If
He let obi wan get away because he wants to torment him with fear and regret before he kills him Vader is sadistic.
If he lets Obi-Wan run around obviously spooked, then every other Jedi he encounters will be fucking shook.

if Fucking Master Kenobi has seen the demon, what does that mean for middle man Mediocre Mikey who just happened to be down at Dex’s for a burger when the temple was attacked and managed to get away?

Vader playing fucking chess with the Jedi. They fucking hunt themselves. Best line of the show besides the mention of Quinlan Vos passing through the Underground Railroad (the way).

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Yes, Dagobah and Mustafa let were both light side and dark side nexus points. They were immersed in the force and stayed fairly strong (Yoda) to a fucking hurricane (Vader).

Obi-Wans PTSD plus being cut off from the force for so long must have been torturous. If you pay attention, he was actually scared of using the force when all he had to do was plug back in. I want them to flesh that out more, hoping they do that.
I feel you. And yes, this makes sense. But, in all honesty, this is not what the show is presenting or implying. Both Obi and Luke are being made to be bumbling old fools who can't function without being saved by some woman.

Even cut off from the force, they ARE still jedi masters which is deeper than the force. Light saber skills are not lost. Courage and general common sense are not lost. Even when Luke and anikan were kids, they still were able to utilize the force naturally without anyone discovering them because it's always around.

Last edited:

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the trailer came out and John Boyega took off his stormtrooper helmet the racism started. You literally had people saying Black people couldn't be stormtroopers.

star wars is being re-polished for casual consumers. There is a lot of racism against black people on both ends for some weird reason. (Blacks bashing blacks).
But there were some things that were explicitly stated once upon a time in lore that storm troopers were always male, and white as per the emperors orders to make that regime more unlikable.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really wanted to like this. But, Disney has officially taken Star Wars and fumbled every play.

#dead
Episode was good except for the fire part, Vader could have jumped over or used the force to out it.

Storm Troopers cant hit a target 20 feet away.
He let obi wan get away because he wants to torment him with fear and regret before he kills him Vader is sadistic.
This. If

If he lets Obi-Wan run around obviously spooked, then every other Jedi he encounters will be fucking shook.

if Fucking Master Kenobi has seen the demon, what does that mean for middle man Mediocre Mikey who just happened to be down at Dex’s for a burger when the temple was attacked and managed to get away?

Vader playing fucking chess with the Jedi. They fucking hunt themselves. Best line of the show besides the mention of Quinlan Vos passing through the Underground Railroad (the way).
Actually I think he spared him because I don’t think he really wanted to kill him. It’s anakin coming out. Same as when he was fighting Ashoka. He never been able to control his emotions and I think this situation is very similar. It’s like he wanted to kill him but deep down really don’t. He could have easily killed him before the fire. So I think that’s what they were trying to show…

145evil

Rising Star
Registered

#dead
Darth Vader has an oxygen supply that's why he could go through the fire.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They must’ve hired the writers for Jason vs Freddy who made Jason scared of water , they said hey let’s make Vader scared of fire..that’s the only dumbass reason I can allow for the explanation of Vader giving up… one min hes dragging obi through fire, the next he no longer has the force and can’t drag obi no more… it was like they had Vader” go wait that is not my fire that was created , I can control only the fires I make and no others, my powers are suddenly weaker, losing power, losing power, troopers you must get me back to the ship to regenerate “

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:roflmao: :roflmao: She's so cute, I almost don't mind it. Excellent little actress too

dpa-american-singer-r-kelly-shows-thumbs-up-at-the-mtv-video-music-D3KT58.jpg

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I just want to elaborate on the light saber styles.

vader is unable to use most styles since Kenobi sliced him up. He just becomes the battering ram of power we see now.

however at the height of the Jedi there were several Masterr proficient at all styles except Vaapad. Anakin knows them all as well.

the “American ninja” style (as it was called here) is an actual saber style. During the original trilogy it was not shown because (at least known to the Sith) only Palpatine was alive to do them. You saw what he did to Savage and Maul…

we learn later that other Jedi survived the empire to bring those styles back, but the (understood at the time)remaining force users (Luke primarily) only knew the broad sword style fighting and primarily what we saw in the originals.

The movies do very badly with explaining this concept, and it implies that the flowing sabers styles are made up when they’re just primarily extinct. Until Ashoka and the other survivors return to the fold at least.
All of that shit wasn't conceptualized when George Lucas created star wars back then. Originally light saber battles was a mix of classical sword fighting and fencing with a little bit of samurai because Lucas based Jedi on samurai. All of that shit from the prequel era was wushu martial arts which ray park(Darth maul) was an expert in and most likely he chose that style to appeal to a newer audience.

Darkness's

Registered
I feel you. And yes, this makes sense. But, in all honesty, this is not what the show is presenting or implying. Both Obi and Luke are being made to be bumbling old fools who can't function without being saved by some woman.

Even cut off from the force, they ARE still jedi masters which is deeper than the force. Light saber skills are not lost. Courage and general common sense are not lost. Even when Luke and anikan were kids, they still were able to utilize the force naturally without anyone discovering them because it's always around.
To put it simply Jedi are only powerful when they are confident and at peace. Obi wan was dealing with PTSD and learning that Anakin was still alive had him shook. His own ouoio who was the most potentially powerful Jedi in the galaxy and is now turned sith and had grown stronger there is. I say I I wan was prepared to deal with that.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
How in thee fuck do you kill off The Grand Inquisitor so quickly and easily??? Plus as fine as the sister is, she's trying too hard. Doesn't seem natural doing her lines. Might sound strange but it comes off as acting, if that makes sense.

IkR? She just poked the saber through him like nigga what! AHHHH! Ok storyline continues like ok, we didn’t lose nobody or nothing? GTFOH

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
To put it simply Jedi are only powerful when they are confident and at peace. Obi wan was dealing with PTSD and learning that Anakin was still alive had him shook. His own ouoio who was the most potentially powerful Jedi in the galaxy and is now turned sith and had grown stronger there is. I say I I wan was prepared to deal with that.
Again, what you are saying if it was intentional and consistent would make perfect sense.

However, as a army vet and someone who works with vets with ptsd, I assure you, it doesn't just go away. Looking at the current version of Obi, unless they plan to add some type of intervention, how can they explain this current version then the version of Obi in Episode IV – A New Hope?? In New Hope he was fully connected to the force.

Also, how could he not know Vader was still alive? In Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, Yoda told Obi that Anikan was no more and that he is now Vader. Everyone in the universe knew/ knows about Vader.

The continuity is all messed up.

Darkness's

Registered
Again, what you are saying if it was intentional and consistent would make perfect sense.

However, as a army vet and someone who works with vets with ptsd, I assure you, it doesn't just go away. Looking at the current version of Obi, unless they plan to add some type of intervention, how can they explain this current version then the version of Obi in Episode IV – A New Hope?? In New Hope he was fully connected to the force.

Also, how could he not know Vader was still alive? In Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, Yoda told Obi that Anikan was no more and that he is now Vader. Everyone in the universe knew/ knows about Vader.

The continuity is all messed up.
He told obi anakin was gone when they was at the Jedi temple after order 66.this was before they fought on mustafar. Obi wan left Anakin for dead on mustafar when he burned from the lava he assumed he was dead he had no idea Anakin survived that . Before they fought he tried to bring Anakin back to his senses when Anakin chose violence obi wan ones there was no going back and he had to kill him. Also this is science fiction you're reading to hard into this and taking it too seriously like a neckbeard

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
He told obi anakin was gone when they was at the Jedi temple after order 66.this was before they fought on mustafar. Obi wan left Anakin for dead on mustafar when he burned from the lava he assumed he was dead he had no idea Anakin survived that . Before they fought he tried to bring Anakin back to his senses when Anakin chose violence obi wan ones there was no going back and he had to kill him. Also this is science fiction you're reading to hard into this and taking it too seriously like a neckbeard
Just going off of what is being put out. Trust me, I an far from the only one with a problem with this series. It has a 54% rating. Apparently, many others see what I see.