Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Original Stormtroopers were volunteers who swore absolute allegiance to the Emperor and Empire. They are covering it in “The Bad Batch”.

Later they did the draft for children, similar to how Jedi drafted Padawans. That was shown in “Rebels”.

And as we saw in Episode 7, the Empire is not drafting top quality recruits with how we saw Finn depicted as a complete moron.

Maan Tariq Nasheed used to crack me up mocking Finn...REEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!! :lol:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
With the Grand Inquisitor taking a straight stab of the lightsaber.

Folks getting worked up thinking he is dead and Disney fucked up Canon. All we saw was him drop.

If folks been paying attention to Star Wars with everything from Episode 1 to Episode 9…how many mofos have we seen “Die” and come back?

Qui-Gonn died and came back thru the Force.

Darth Maul we saw get chopped in half and came back with mechanical legs.

Anakin was left to die with limbs cut off and caught fire, he came back with mechanical arms and legs and a protective suit.

Obi-Won gets cut down and joins the Force.

Fennec gets blasted and brought back with mechanical parts.

Cobb gets blasted by Cade Bane and we saw him in a tank and receiving mechanical parts.

Leia gets sucked out into the vacuum of space and should have instantly died and manages to pull herself back into the ship using the Force.

And Palpatine gets thrown down a shaft and returns in Episode 9.

Good chance The Grand Inquisitor was picked up and set up with mechanical parts allowing him to be seen in “Rebels”. Or he was Cloned.

We will find out.

This Palpatine in 9 is a Clone right?

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Once again, who did she elude? They caught her in 30 seconds. You niggas act like she was outrunning them for hours. How many seconds would be the acceptable amount of time before she was caught since 30 seconds was too long? lmao.

A toddler should never be able to out run a healthy adult for any amount of time. That YouTube real posted earlier pretty much sums it up. I think the problem is they pulled the same stunt twice. I doubt many people would've paid much attention to it if it was one scene. But they doubled down and had a second chase scene. This time out running Obi-Wun..lol. This may become a running joke(no pun intended:hmm:) if they have anymore scenes of her being chased.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I thought this was an interesting video by one of the premier voices of Star Wars Fandom on YouTube. I get what he's saying but I think that it's important to distinguish between Star Wars Culture and the "nerd" culture overall, when making characters different from their original incarnation..they spaz out and get in their feelings

Last edited:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
A toddler should never be able to out run a healthy adult for any amount of time. That YouTube real posted earlier pretty much sums it up. I think the problem is they pulled the same stunt twice. I doubt many people would've paid much attention to it if it was one scene. But they doubled down and had a second chase scene. This time out running Obi-Wun..lol. This may become a running joke(no pun intended:hmm:) if they have anymore scenes of her being chased.

So how many seconds? Also she's 10 years old.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
This Palpatine in 9 is a Clone right?

We saw him in episode 9 hooked up to life support.

I doubt he was a clone in episode 9. His aides must have retrieved him and they patched him together the same way Palpatine patched up Anakin into the suit.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I didnt not know this; I guess this was in the cannons because i havent heard it talked about much...

Picking up directly where Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith ends, follow Vader as he receives his legendary red lightsaber and witness Vader’s rise to power as a Dark Lord of the Sith!

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I haven't seen this at all. I don't know about all of the EU but this is the first time and "angry black woman" has been portrayed in Star Wars. Yeah I get it, but as I said in my earlier post, this seems to be a rule among all of the "younger" sith..its only six episodes so we'll see. btw, the grand Inq. was trying to put her in her place by telling her about where she "came from". I figured they were going to have a confrontation at some point, but I do agree about it being too soon for that..
My comment was directed at the angry black woman stereotype in film in general, not in Star Wars.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Star Wars makes a statement on racism after attacks on Moses Ingram

"If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist," reads the official statement on Twitter.
By Andrea TowersMay 31, 2022 at 11:45 AM EDT

Moses Ingram's debut as the lightsaber-wielding Reva in Obi-Wan Kenobimarked a stellar new character arrival to Star Wars. Unfortunately, not everyone felt that way.

In a series of Instagram stories following both the long-awaited Obi-Wan Kenobi premiere and the triumphant return of Star Wars Celebration in California, Ingram shared hurtful messages she'd received via Instagram stories. And on Tuesday, the galaxy far, far away officially made its stance on racism very clear by posting an open message in support of their new star.

"We are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family and excited for Reva's story to unfold," read the official statement via Twitter. "If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist."
In another tweet, the account doubled down on their messaging, adding, "There are more than 20 million sentient species in the Star Wars galaxy, don't choose to be a racist."

A similarly worded message was also posted on the official Star Wars Instagram account, along with a photo of Ingram at Star Wars Celebration.
Ingram's situation is sadly far from unique, as other prominent characters of color in the galaxy have become targets of racist comments including Kelly Marie Tran and John Boyega.

'Star Wars' makes a statement on racism after attacks on actress Moses Ingram

Moses herself responded to the criticism in her Instagram stories, acknowledging that there are "hundreds of racist messages."

"I also see those of you out there who put on a cape for me and that really does mean the world to me, because there's nothing anybody can do about this," she noted. "There's nothing anybody can do to stop this hate." While she admitted she wasn't sure what her goal was by coming forward with her thoughts, she went on to say, "I think the thing that bothers me is sort of this feeling that I just gotta shut up and take it. I just kinda gotta grin and bear it. And I'm not built like that."
Ingram went on to thank "the people who show up for me in the comments, in the places that I'm not gonna put myself" and then closed her thoughts with a sentiment the late Carrie Fisher would be proud of: "To the rest of y'all, y'all weird."

Moses Ingram as Reva in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi.'

| CREDIT: LUCASFILM LTD.
Earlier this month, Ingram opened up to EW about the impact of playing a prominent Black character in the franchise.
"I know it's going to mean a lot to a lot of people," she told EW. "It's important that when we turn on the TV, we see the world that we live in reflected back to us in what we're seeing. Representation is so important, and I feel so blessed that I get to be the vehicle that this character comes forth through. I am not worthy."
No matter what Star Wars fans think, the message from the galaxy is clear: everyone is supported and welcome.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

"If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist," reads the official statement on Twitter.

Moses Ingram's debut as the lightsaber-wielding Reva in Obi-Wan Kenobimarked a stellar new character arrival to Star Wars. Unfortunately, not everyone felt that way.

In a series of Instagram stories following both the long-awaited Obi-Wan Kenobi premiere and the triumphant return of Star Wars Celebration in California, Ingram shared hurtful messages she'd received via Instagram stories. And on Tuesday, the galaxy far, far away officially made its stance on racism very clear by posting an open message in support of their new star.

"We are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family and excited for Reva's story to unfold," read the official statement via Twitter. "If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist."
In another tweet, the account doubled down on their messaging, adding, "There are more than 20 million sentient species in the Star Wars galaxy, don't choose to be a racist."

A similarly worded message was also posted on the official Star Wars Instagram account, along with a photo of Ingram at Star Wars Celebration.
Ingram's situation is sadly far from unique, as other prominent characters of color in the galaxy have become targets of racist comments including Kelly Marie Tran and John Boyega.

Moses herself responded to the criticism in her Instagram stories, acknowledging that there are "hundreds of racist messages."

"I also see those of you out there who put on a cape for me and that really does mean the world to me, because there's nothing anybody can do about this," she noted. "There's nothing anybody can do to stop this hate." While she admitted she wasn't sure what her goal was by coming forward with her thoughts, she went on to say, "I think the thing that bothers me is sort of this feeling that I just gotta shut up and take it. I just kinda gotta grin and bear it. And I'm not built like that."
Ingram went on to thank "the people who show up for me in the comments, in the places that I'm not gonna put myself" and then closed her thoughts with a sentiment the late Carrie Fisher would be proud of: "To the rest of y'all, y'all weird."

Earlier this month, Ingram opened up to EW about the impact of playing a prominent Black character in the franchise.
"I know it's going to mean a lot to a lot of people," she told EW. "It's important that when we turn on the TV, we see the world that we live in reflected back to us in what we're seeing. Representation is so important, and I feel so blessed that I get to be the vehicle that this character comes forth through. I am not worthy."
No matter what Star Wars fans think, the message from the galaxy is clear: everyone is supported and welcome.

ya'll he man women haters happy?

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

John Boyega says hi Disney

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Niggas are watching a show about space wizards and laser swords but the the shit that they can't believe is that a little girl got away on foot...and never even thinking that maybe the Force was with her...considering who she is.
it's like they don't even watch star wars. Must be a bunch of casuals.
When Anakin was her age he was busting grown ass adults asses in podracing.

But hey you can sit there and be vexxed that some fictional aliens didn't have the amount of dexterity you thought they should have LMAO.

Like seriously who give a fuck. Dudes are some withered up bitter mothafukas if this is the shit that vexed the fuck out of you :lol:

Seriously, listen to yourself "Grown ass black man"

"Those goons were tripping over themselves. Literally. :hmm:
And that one guy ran into a tree branch... in the middle of broad daylight.... instead of ducking it. :hmm:"

All of the Leia chase scenes were MAYBE 1 minute of the 2 hours of show. And it has you mad as fuck lol.
don't forget that he built that pod from spare parts with the education of a slave, also flew a space ship and shot shit up at ten. But sprinting through woods and using the fact she was little to zig zag a couple of junkie space pirates is just too much.... What where they thinking? Lmao
So going through this thread, the shit that has BGOL pissed off.....

The women and girls...

:smh:

You niggas are the worst.
They're getting white boy nerd mad and it's hilarious. For every hater there's thousands who love star wars and what they've been doing with thier brilliant tv shows. The angry nerd cult should just go watch something they like... Star wars fandom is cancer.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor

These Cacs just think everything should revolve around them, hell when Finn was the first character seen in The Force Awaken trailer these Cacs head just exploded.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
The ending of episode 3 explained why he is on Tattoine. His primary purpose is to protect and defend Luke. Organa is to protect and defend Leia. Tattoine is located in the outer rim where the Empire does not have full control. Luke is more of a target than Leia, that’s why he was put in more of a secure, isolated location.

Organa did not do a good job protecting Leia, that’s why he came to Obi- Won.

Anakin can sense Obi is still alive and wants revenge. He tasked the Inquisitor’s to find him. From Reva’s behavior Anakin must have implied whoever finds him will get special favor. Most likely he just said that to motivate them.

The question is how did the Inquisitor’s know the link between Leia and Kenobi. Hopefully they explain that before the finale.
The Inquisitor knew of the link between Kenobi & Bail Organa. She just used Leia as bait to draw Kenobi out

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
for the record:

hayden christensen was also miscast and turned in an awful performance in the prequel trilogy.

also adam driver was awful as kylo ren in the sequel trilogy. there was an audible groan in the theater when he removed his helmet.

i am down with ole girl making that guap. but she is miscast.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Gonna have to stay out of the thread to avoid spoilers

Episode 3 debuts here soon.

When I watched the first two back to back, I noticed it was like watching a movie.

Gonna skip this week and watch episodes 3 and 4 later next week.

See you next week! :cool: