Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
for the record:

hayden christensen was also miscast and turned in an awful performance in the prequel trilogy.

also adam driver was awful as kylo ren in the sequel trilogy. there was an audible groan in the theater when he removed his helmet.

i am down with ole girl making that guap. but is miscast.

yup

but ain't no campaign to bully them.

and funny how those SAME fan boys were begging for Hayden to come back.

the thing is even if she was "properly" cast they gonna complain.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I more so meant what Disney did lol

Oh and see the game.

incels and weirdos HATE that he was cast in the first place

but but but

when they setting up he with Rey as love interest?

They NOW even MORE FURIOUS

but but but

they switch him to the Asian girl.

Oh OK now they happy

no no no no

the Asian chick is the problem

And well we hate Rey cause cause we hate girls.

So Disney crumbles to accommodate them fools

they STILL mad.

Was the movie bad?

Don't matter

the MINUTE they saw those FACES? they hated .

I can't debate with no one when THAT is their core reasoning.

synyster

Homegrown Sensei
BGOL Investor
How in thee fuck do you kill off The Grand Inquisitor so quickly and easily??? Plus as fine as the sister is, she's trying too hard. Doesn't seem natural doing her lines. Might sound strange but it comes off as acting, if that makes sense.

The Grand Inquisitor is in Rebels....which happens after this series. Either he survived or the one we see in Rebels is a different Grand.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Oh and see the game.

but but but

but but but

Oh OK now they happy

no no no no

they STILL mad.

Was the movie bad?

Don't matter

When the trailer came out and John Boyega took off his stormtrooper helmet the racism started. You literally had people saying Black people couldn't be stormtroopers.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When the trailer came out and John Boyega took off his stormtrooper helmet the racism started. You literally had people saying Black people couldn't be stormtroopers.

Kaboom

It was nothing about bad writing lazy writing woke agenda

Nope

It was racism and hate

Plain and simple

Those weirdos actually tried to use "star wars logic" to justify they bullsh*t

And those cacs are these dudes kings.

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Oh and see the game.

but but but

but but but

Oh OK now they happy

no no no no

they STILL mad.

Was the movie bad?

Don't matter

As someone who didnt mind the asian chic or Boyega I thought all three movies were garbage. Kylo Ren is up there with JarJar as the worst characters in Star Wars.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This episode was lit! Seeing Obi-Wan dealing with PTSD in real time. I’m truly interested in seeing how he progressed from this stage. And Vader ain’t playing about his revenge. He bout that choke life. Lmao! Obi-Wan didn’t wasn’t ready for that smoke (and fire). Lol

The fact that he hasn’t used his powers in 10 years, trying to stay low-key but then having to put many things at risk to save Leia, then he finds out that Anakin is alive which shook him deep to his core. All of that and people act like he’s supposed to come out whipping the lightsaber around like it’s nothing against a pissed off Vader who’s been using the dark side of the force this whole time. People just want to be mad to be mad.

And Leia is a smart ass hard headed kid. She’s supposed to piss you off. If you remember in Star Wars she low-key acted like that sometimes. Now, mofos to want to act brand new. SMH

Reva is still being fleshed out. Cut the sista some slack! Jesus Christ, some of you nig is insufferable. Lol! Everybody isn’t going to be Moff Gideon out the gate.

So, I like the series so far. I actually rewatched A New Hope last night. It’s interesting going back to watch the originals after watching these new shows and movies. Fills in quite a bit. 3 episodes left and

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
As someone who didnt mind the asian chic or Boyega I thought all three movies were garbage. Kylo Ren is up there with JarJar as the worst characters in Star Wars.

Honestly I didn’t like the prequels nor did I care much for the sequels after Force Awakens. They truly did not know what the fuck they were doing with the sequels. Bodega should’ve been force sensitive and a Jedi by the end. That would’ve been lit! Kylo “the Hoe” Ren wasn’t great and came off more like a whiny bitch. Lol! More like Joffrey with a light saber. Lol!

Honestly the prequels were only good when the animated shows dropped. Fleshed out things more. Absolutely nothing will fuck with the originals though.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
star-wars-rebels-darth-vader-gif-star-wars.gif

christop

Rising Star
Registered
Is this worth watching? I keep feeling like they are trying to expand on characters and events that literally have no more meat on the bone. I've largely been ignoring these star wars shows because of this.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Is this worth watching? I keep feeling like they are trying to expand on characters and events that literally have no more meat on the bone. I've largely been ignoring these star wars shows because of this.
Mandalorian --yes

Boba Fett - pass

Obi Wan - yes - so far

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
They had a black storm trooper in that scene. When they was looking for obi wan in that storage depot with the loading droid they also had a female storm trooper st that checkpoint. I can hear the neck beards whining and groaning in pain from a whole continent away.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm hoping it's more to it but is Reva trying to get close to Darth Vader to kill him? In my head there wasn't much of a reason to show the kids be killed again unless Reva was one of the kids and survived or had some relationship to someone who was killed there.

Double Toasted brought up a good point about the possibility of the racists comments allowing Reva to stay alive or be brought back to other shows/movies. The thought was Reva initially was not going to survive, but now the racists have put Disney into a corner. If Reva dies, it gives the appearance that Disney was bowing to the racists, so she has to live now. because I didn't believe Reva was really loyal to Vader, I thought she'd die too.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I'm hoping it's more to it but is Reva trying to get close to Darth Vader to kill him? In my head there wasn't much of a reason to show the kids be killed again unless Reva was one of the kids and survived or had some relationship to someone who was killed there.

Double Toasted brought up a good point about the possibility of the racists comments allowing Reva to stay alive or be brought back to other shows/movies. The thought was Reva initially was not going to survive, but now the racists have put Disney into a corner. If Reva dies, it gives the appearance that Disney was bowing to the racists, so she has to live now. because I didn't believe Reva was really loyal to Vader, I thought she'd die too.
If she was already slated to die this season, there isn't anything they can do to change it at this point. The season has already been shot. Her motivation seems ridiculously simplistic and nonsensical. She's killed the grand inquisitor to gain favor with Vader? It reminds me of Sons of Anarchy. When Juice stole drugs from the club, gave evidence to the cop, and killed a club member......so they wouldn't find out his dad was black? Which is still the dumbest character motivation in the history of film.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If she was already slated to die this season, there isn't anything they can do to change it at this point. The season has already been shot. Her motivation seems ridiculously simplistic and nonsensical. She's killed the grand inquisitor to gain favor with Vader? It reminds me of Sons of Anarchy. When Juice stole drugs from the club, gave evidence to the cop, and killed a club member......so they wouldn't find out his dad was black? Which is still the dumbest character motivation in the history of film.

The thought was she either survives this season or is brought back in another season, series or movie.

Characters are brought back from the dead all the time regardless of how much sense it makes. Boba Fet fill inside of a creatures stomach and magically survived. I don't know anything about the books however in the movie world im pretty sure tge character was considered dead at that time. In this very thread, people are stating that they don't believe a character could be killed so easily and the character may not be died.

I wasn't the biggest fan and someone correct me if im wrong, but on Power Kanan survived being left in a fire.from what I recall at the time people called bullshit on Kanan surviving the fire.

Unless they show Reva dying in a extreme way, the character can always be brought back.even this season, I don't believe it is un heard of for reshoots and edits to take place post production. To your point, it may not be likely given the short time frame, but it isn't hard to imagine Disney making the decision to save the character to enhance their public image with the last minute change.