The Chi Discussion Thread

Who_I_AM

BGOL Original Veteran /C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Season finale next week. Mabey they’ll get one more season to close this shit up.
Looks like he survived.

Probably one of the better episodes of the season
They better fix this shit... and yes this episode was the best all season....
Dude is in a coma. Trig is going to have to kill Douda.

SideNote: That Tabitha Brown voice be doing thangs to me!

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I actually thought the opening to the episode was pretty funny
It brought back memories of me and a friend in our late teens driving around talking about girls we just broke up with while listening to Brian Mcknights One Last Cry. I remember us saying it was the song of the year and the girl that was in the car with us saying NO IT AIN'T!!
HILARIOUS

I think the show is preparing us to say goodbye to Jada

Why do the characters on some of these shows threaten known gangsters,mobsters,murderers and killers.Unless you are armed and about to take them out....DONT DO IT ! !

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man this entire season been 1 emasculated black man after another. Dudda got shot by a chick and Kandi is clearly primed to fuck him over, little Kev and Poppa, Emmitt, buddy dating the tranny. The female stud getting cheated on. Even ancillary characters are weak. Ole boy with the chick on Onlyfans... The fuck bruh???!!!
Don't forget Jemma's father. He won't check his daughter! And what about Emmits dad Darnell standing there after his lady admitted being with his son!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
It brought back memories of me and a friend in our late teens driving around talking about girls we just broke up with while listening to Brian Mcknights One Last Cry. I remember us saying it was the song of the year and the girl that was in the car with us saying NO IT AIN'T!!
HILARIOUS

Boys don't do that

You can tell a woman wrote it...plus them doing it to Jagged Edge, when they weren't even born yet

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Not a bad episode.

Read something online that really went over my head while watching the episode (apologies as I don't know the minor characters names).

Was Kev's new girl staying with the chick that's doing Only Fans? Kev's girl mentions that her brother is is out of town and she's staying with his girlfriend. That would mean her brother is on the run for murdering Only Fans chicks' brother. But it wouldn't make sense for Only Fans to be so cool.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
It brought back memories of me and a friend in our late teens driving around talking about girls we just broke up with while listening to Brian Mcknights One Last Cry.
9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WTF is this shit i just watched… this bitch Lena needs to be stopped

This is some true ass shit. I get that society has decided to normalize all forms of homosexuality, but she's taking this shit too far. The absence of positive strong black men is horrible and the gay shit is just too much. She needs to be stopped because shows like this have a lot of power to influence people. Even if you take those two things out of the equation, the writing is horrible. Cancel the show or get some new writers.

Who_I_AM

BGOL Original Veteran /C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
This chick Tiff is for the streets and if the writers have any skill they would write her out that way... they just passing her along in the world of weed.
She was told she was a jump-off and she embraced that shit.

The rest of the episode ain't even worth mentioning... Season 4 was a waste

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
What happened to Lala?
What happened to Darnell's other kids, I thought he had dinner every Sunday with all his kids and their mothers?
So the Mayor just left?
So they just gonna move this girl in?
Tiff is now Emmett?
Jason Weaver is funny.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Season 5 just confirmed on IG Live. It's a done deal!!
season5.jpg
How bad is season 5 gonna be?...Duoda was the worst portrayal of a big city mayor I have ever seen....woulda made more sense if they made him the mayor of a fake city but as the mayor of real life Chicago it was ridiculous

One good thing is that with Douda gone they are not stuck with that storyline from Jason Mitchell days so maybe they can do something with a clean slate...I suspect they will lean even more in the LGBT direction though

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What happened to Lala?
What happened to Darnell's other kids, I thought he had dinner every Sunday with all his kids and their mothers?
So the Mayor just left?
So they just gonna move this girl in?
Tiff is now Emmett?
Jason Weaver is funny.

This show is so stupid....:lol:

Tiff being the new Emmitt is probably the only real shit on the show. :lol:

In what world does a Mayor just up and leave. :lol:

Man according to the Chi Emmitt ain't got no other kids even though they made sure they forced that in on season 1.....now Darnell is a single man somehow...

I'm guessing maybe Lala dipped and went to go film something else? I know she's in BMF...

Damn this show retarded.....at least they gave my boy Jason Weaver some work. He truly should be doing more anyway.

They closed out tonight's episode as if there will not be a season 5

Man they should've......they didn't end on a cliffhanger....matter of fact they had their cliff hanger a few episodes back on who shot Douda lol...:lol:

Despite all of his simping, poppa's chick - who let's be honest, is no prize- still left him for promoting his podcast during her photoshoot.

But honestly all of them are simps just like the writers wanted.

Emmitt trying to find himself so I could somewhat give the writers a pass for that...I mean karma kind of hitting him.

What they've done to the kids on the show is criminal. Why the fuck is Kevin so goofy now?

That's one thing about this show the character development sucks.

The show feels its only due diligence is to make homosexuality acceptable. And if that' their MO....that's fine. ITs what you get when you have a show runner like Lena.

But to make all the men weak on the show.....black men at that.....that's some toxic shit for a black show runner.

thought the writers were setting jake & jemma up to get ambushed in that hot azz truck

Decent writing probably would've required that. This shit lazy as fuck.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How bad is season 5 gonna be?...Duoda was the worst portrayal of a big city mayor I have ever seen....woulda made more sense if they made him the mayor of a fake city but as the mayor of real life Chicago it was ridiculous

One good thing is that with Douda gone they are not stuck with that storyline from Jason Mitchell days so maybe they can do something with a clean slate...I suspect they will lean even more in the LGBT direction though

Shit is wild...

Maybe we shouldn't view this shit as Chicago? Maybe its some alternate universe?

This shit dumb man I can't stress it enough. :lol:

Man Atlanta and Insecure need to come the fuck back and save black TV because this some bullshit man.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Facts, it's impossible to view this being a true Chicago depiction... Like you said create a fake city or a smaller unknown city like they did in Pussy Valley with Mayor Tydell Ruffin of Chucalissa City...

I thought Young Simba was about to get shot after he handled that lil nigga, but nope next thing we know they at the house celebrating Jada... Now the Jada scene was dope, showed true Black unity amongst all the other fuckery they put on the show... Tiff a skeezer, bih was flirting with Shumpert in the middle of the party and no one bat an eye... I'm gonna stop here cause I run the list of dumb shit I noticed

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
matter of fact they had their cliff hanger a few episodes back on who shot Douda lol...:lol:
What was the point of that? It added nothing to the show. Does the mom know that he survived? Is she going to try again next season? Thickness telling him he loves her, really? Since when? So the Mayor is gone, police are gone... Now what.