Sony pulls Spider-Man out of MCU!!!!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You didn't like the portrayal of Electro and Rhino?
6784a1d6d914324ea20aea1c6472e779.jpg

:lol:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Apparently, it was Disney's fault,why the deal failed...:smh::smh::smh:

@fonzerrillii

@playahaitian

all spin
Sony stock price dropped yesterday - you think they weren't burning up the phones last night to change the narrative?
today I'm seeing various people saying - because of merch etc- Disney is greedy to want 50% financing and profit share

Like Sony ever made a Spiderman movie with the profit margins Marvel Studios gave them

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
all spin
Sony stock price dropped yesterday - you think they weren't burning up the phones last night to change the narrative?
today I'm seeing various people saying - because of merch etc- Disney is greedy to want 50% financing and profit share

Like Sony ever made a Spiderman movie with the profit margins Marvel Studios gave them

You think they should just straight up offer to buy Spider Man outright from Sony?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You think they should just straight up offer to buy Spider Man outright from Sony?
Sony wont/ cant sell -its share value is now tied directly to Spiderman license almost as much as Playstation
and after a decade of various moves Disney now has its foot on their throat - no matter how this goes Disney gets paid

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
all spin

Do I want Disney to have Spiderman..yes,but to ask a company to give you half of the profits on every Spiderman projects,including the spinoffs is crazy...And,even then Sony came back to the tables with a 70-30 deal and Disney turned it down.

Sony was willing to go half on production cost and give Disney a 70-30 deal but to ask for half of the profits on every Spiderman movie is crazy.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sony wont/ cant sell -its share value is now tied directly to Spiderman license almost as much as Playstation
and after a decade of various moves Disney now has its foot on their throat - no matter how this goes Disney gets paid

So Spider Man is still gonna be on Disney XD? They own Spider-Man's TV rights?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
If I own Spider-Man and Disney wanted 50% I'd be like fuck you Disney!!!

Sony came back to the table and said about a 70-30 deal and told Disney no profit sharing on the spinoffs but Disney turned it down...Sony was being very generous with them.

You got movie executives saying folks would have loss their jobs,if Sony did the 50-50 deal.

In,the video I posted it's was said the deal aint complete dead at the moment.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Sony came back to the table and said about a 70-30 deal and told Disney no profit sharing on the spinoffs but Disney turned it down...Sony was being very generous with them.

You got movie executives saying folks would have loss their jobs,if Sony did the 50-50 deal.

In,the video I posted it's was said the deal aint complete dead at the moment.

I can see how this can hurt both companies. Sony has to realize that the reason why Spider-Man was the first Spider-Man to do a billion dollars was because he was apart of the marvel cinematic universe.

Do you honestly think captain marvel would do a billion dollars if it was made by another company other than marvel studios ?

So yeah Sony can get back Spider-Man but we have seen there track record. They make garage meh movies which is the reason why they did the deal with marvel in the first place.

Also Disney is crazy to ask for 50% but I guess they do really give a fuck. Again they have the entire X-men Catalog which has about 2,000+ characters so they could give 2 shits about Spider-Man. They have X-men, fantastic four, etc...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Do I want Disney to have Spiderman..yes,but to ask a company to give you half of the profits on every Spiderman projects,including the spinoffs is crazy...And,even then Sony came back to the tables with a 70-30 deal and Disney turned it down.

Sony was willing to go half on production cost and give Disney a 70-30 deal but to ask for half of the profits on every Spiderman movie is crazy.
thats bullshit

Disney asked for 50 /50 on all projects Disney works on and co finances
in the middle of this mess we found out Disney let Feige work on Venom for free
Sony tried to spin it that Rothman fixed Feiges work in the movie - but anyone thats seen Rothman work at Fox knows that never happened

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I can see how this can hurt both companies. Sony has to realize that the reason why Spider-Man was the first Spider-Man to do a billion dollars was because he was apart of the marvel cinematic universe.

Do you honestly think captain marvel would do a billion dollars if it was made by another company other than marvel studios ?

So yeah Sony can get back Spider-Man but we have seen there track record. They make garage meh movies which is the reason why they did the deal with marvel in the first place.

Also Disney is crazy to ask for 50% but I guess they do really give a fuck. Again they have the entire X-men Catalog which has about 2,000+ characters so they could give 2 shits about Spider-Man. They have X-men, fantastic four, etc...

I understand about Sony,but Disney thinks just because they purchased Fox and been doing very well for a very long time. They think they can tell another company what to do with their product even,if that company hasn't been doing well for awhile.

Granted,Spiderman is a Marvel IP but it was sold to Sony and Sony have the right to turn down any deal that doesn't benefit them.

At the end of the day, Disney shouldnt be going around being greedy and demand a company should do a certain deal.

In the video I posted, it was said the deal aint complete dead. Hopefully, they can find a way to make a deal that works out for both of them.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I understand about Sony,but Disney thinks just because they purchased Fox and been doing very well for a very long time. They think they can tell another company what to do with their product even,if that company hasn't been doing well for awhile.

Granted,Spiderman is a Marvel IP but it was sold to Sony and Sony have the right to turn down any deal that doesn't benefit them.

At the end of the day, Disney shouldnt be going around being greedy and demand a company should do a certain deal.

In the video I posted, it was said the deal aint complete dead. Hopefully, they can find a way to make a deal that works out for both of them.
the vid you posted ignores alot of facts and business realities

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Apparently, it was Disney's fault,why the deal failed...:smh::smh::smh:

@fonzerrillii

@playahaitian

To be honest... if you go back and look at the production history of Spider-man Far from Home....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Far_From_Home

I can kind of see why Disney wanted a Bigger share.. After Homecoming Sony insisted on Far from Home dropping in 2019... But Disney didn't want that information mentioned because Spiderman gets Erased in Infinity war. They would have liked to have had the movie unannounced until after the Sequel to infinity war. Which makes sense because Marvel didn't say shit about their planned film release dates until after Endgame. From Marvel's standpoint... Sony could be seen as a wild card... Meaning Marvel would have to plan their phases around what Sony wants to do with Spiderman. With that type of risk.. I can understand why Disney would want a bigger piece of the action.

Plus Sony get's free advertising for their Spiderman movies when he is in the MCU.

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
all spin

All FACTS....

that's exactly why Sony is trying to flip the script on this..

Those stocks are going to continue to tank..

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sony Stock Drops After Breaking up With Marvel Studios on Spider-Man

By KOFI OUTLAW - August 20, 2019 06:22 pm EDT

• Sony and Disney have officially fallen out over the rights and profits to Spider-Man in the movies. Needless to say, the reactions of outrage from Marvel fans have been explosive; and now, it's looking like backlash to the announcement could affecting Sony's bottom line profits.

Analyst have observed a dip in Sony's stock price immediately following the breaking news that the studio was breaking ties with Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe. Check out the official figures in the chart below (measured at the time of writing this):

sony-stocks-fall-after-dc-marvel-split-1183914.jpeg

(Photo: Google)
    As you can see, Sony's stock price dipped by upwards of -0.060 for a price of $55.66 per share in the wake of the Spider-Man announcement - the lowest price for the day. It wasn't a huge loss at all, but could be the first real economic indicator of how unpopular this schism between Sony and Marvel is with fans.

According to reports, the new deal that Disney wanted to strike would have given Disney its stake in the Spider-Man franchise, while also bringing Sony's universe of Spider-Man movies such as Venom into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sony reportedly turned the offer down without so much as a counteroffer. Sony seems not to want to share its biggest film franchise, and instead preferred to keep the current arrangement intact, which sees Disney receiving an approximate 5% of each Spider-Man movie's first-dollar gross. Kevin Feige reportedly would have been willing to stay onboard the Spider-Man franchise if the two companies could have come to terms, but their fallout now makes that, at best, unlikely.

Marvel fans have already taken up the petition to make it happen anyway.

Upcoming Marvel Studios projects include Black Widow on May 1, 2020, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier in fall 2020, The Eternals on November 6, 2020, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings on February 12, 2021, WandaVision in spring 2021,Loki in spring 2021, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on May 7, 2021, What If? In summer 2021, Hawkeye in fall 2021, and Thor: Love and Thunder on November 5, 2021.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SNE/