Sony pulls Spider-Man out of MCU!!!!

BlackStar6870

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As well they should though. They introduced the perfect teenage Spider-Man to the masses. Sony’s last couple of attempts at a live action Spider-Man have been awful
Spider-Man homecoming sucked and Spider-Man far from home it was good because of Mysterio

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
With the Iron Man and Avengers film dying out, I was actually looking forward to carrying on with Spider-Man as the heir apparent to the MCU.

And I’m not a comic book guy at all. Im just a casual watcher but Holland is a big part of why I was invested. I really like the kid in this role. Much better than Maguire and Garfield.

Hope he can keep on being Spider-Man somehow.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I was actually looking forward to carrying on with Spider-Man as the heir apparent to the MCU.
Why can't it be BP that carries the MCU (not saying you feel that way)? We just had 6 white people lead it. Let Blade and BP handle the next go-round. BP was the highest grossing solo film because of us. We can continue to do that. We should be taking over the MCU with Monica and Valkyrie about to step up. Falcon got the shield.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Why can't it be BP that carries the MCU (not saying you feel that way)? We just had 6 white people lead it. Let Blade and BP handle the next go-round. BP was the highest grossing solo film because of us. We can continue to do that. We should be taking over the MCU with Monica and Valkyrie about to step up. Falcon got the shield.
Great point. Let’s start with the connection.

Personally, I didn’t have the character attachment to Black Panther the way I did with Holland and Stark. I had a different emotional connection to Black Panther from a real life standpoint, but that didn’t carry over into the characters role. That chemistry between those two, made it seem right (to me) that Holland carry the proverbial torch.

Black Panther was the rogue king who was enacting vengeance for his father which was right, but he had his sole agenda. The protege however, who was under Tony’s wing the entire time and that whole protege/mentor relationship, felt like the natural replacement after Tony’s death. Now I’m not saying that’s what’s gonna happen, just saying that’s how I felt about it.

That being said, I would be DEFINITELY be down for Black Panther to carry the MCU but he would have needed to be tied into the scripts a little more. Wish that would’ve happened from Civil War on with more involvement going forward in that regard, but in any case, if it were to happen, I’d be on board for it 100%.

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With the Iron Man and Avengers film dying out, I was actually looking forward to carrying on with Spider-Man as the heir apparent to the MCU.

Hope he can keep on being Spider-Man somehow.

They're most likely gonna set up the Fantastic 4 to be the new faces of the MCU

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor

The plot thickens.

So they're saying that KF won't be involved but they're okay giving up the 50%?

Man listen, the bad publicity from this shit alone has torpedoed any projects that don't have a huge Marvel stamp. The difference in production values in Sony Spidey and Marvel Spidey are enormous. After Homecoming, watching any other Spidey is like watching a high school AV club project. Even the first McGuire which for many years was considered the best.

And think about the villains. Only because Willam Defoe is such an outstanding actor did GG have any gravitas. The rest were cringeworthy. It's tough to do villains because we already know they're going to lose but on the whole, Marvel has done a very good job with their villains. They don't cast the 'hot' actor like Sony did with Jamie Foxx or Alfred Molina (!??). I won't even mention Dane DeHann. Shit mentioned him. Marvel casts damn good to excellent actors.

And what about his Stark-tech suit? Man Sony better wake the hell up. Or stick to electronics.

Last edited:

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Sony needs to negotiate exclusivity of ALL disney properties to PS game systems going forward give up the 50% revenue share of spiderman and call it a day.