Sony pulls Spider-Man out of MCU!!!!

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Marvel is pivoting away from Captain Marvel as the tentpole. At least Brie Larson. She just can't keep her mouth shut. They may bring in Rambeau's daughter and adjust the plots they've written for CM, but Brie is gone. She'll get cameos to fulfill her contract then adios.

Spidey won't be the tentpole either. He's not a leader; he's a loner who occasionally helps out a team.

Dr. Strange won't be the tentpole because, let's face it, that magic shit gets boring.

The New BP won't be the tentpole because it will take time to establish the narrative and we don't know how the actor will handle it.

That leaves...Deadpool. He's not a leader but he can appear in virtually any story with little effort at plot manipulation.
My guess is he'll support the next phase until Marvel can get FF and X-Men off the ground.

And I'm not so sure about Emily Blount and her husband as Sue and Reed. It's going to be at least a 10-year run (look how long RDJ and Jackman were there) and I don't know if they're that committed or young enough. We'll see.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Marvel is pivoting away from Captain Marvel as the tentpole. At least Brie Larson. She just can't keep her mouth shut. They may bring in Rambeau's daughter and adjust the plots they've written for CM, but Brie is gone. She'll get cameos to fulfill her contract then adios.

Spidey won't be the tentpole either. He's not a leader; he's a loner who occasionally helps out a team.

Dr. Strange won't be the tentpole because, let's face it, that magic shit gets boring.

The New BP won't be the tentpole because it will take time to establish the narrative and we don't know how the actor will handle it.

That leaves...Deadpool. He's not a leader but he can appear in virtually any story with little effort at plot manipulation.
My guess is he'll support the next phase until Marvel can get FF and X-Men off the ground.

And I'm not so sure about Emily Blount and her husband as Sue and Reed. It's going to be at least a 10-year run (look how long RDJ and Jackman were there) and I don't know if they're that committed or young enough. We'll see.

The only upcoming projects I care about are:Dr.Strange 2, Black Panther 2(though not as much without Chadwick), Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Shang Chi and WandaVision. I am 'meh' about everything else.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Tom Holland returned to the United States over the weekend, after wrapping production on his Uncharted movie in Spain, revealing that he'll now be filming Spider-Man 3 in Atlanta.

The 24-year-old actor was spotted in Barcelona last week, wrapping up production on Uncharted, where he plays a young Nathan Drake.

Holland took to his Instagram story on Sunday night, revealing he has landed in Atlanta where he's about to start making Spider-Man 3.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

38098776-9155931-image-m-14_1610847545720.jpg

38098786-9155931-image-a-21_1610848271345.jpg
38098784-9155931-image-m-20_1610848254234.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I saw that Tom Holland's brother is also in this? Is he a stunt double or is he playing another spider man?

Earlier today, Tom Holland was spotted on set in a new Spidey suit, but that isn't the only thing that's catching people's attention. Harry Holland, Tom's younger brother, was also seen on set. Could the younger Holland be the latest in a long line of rumored guest stars?

"Harry Holland is on set too it seems," @qLxke_ included in a thread of set photos. They also included a screenshot of a blurb that says, "While dressed up as Spider-Man, Tom leaped from car to car while filming with a young co-star." If the text is referring to Harry, the most likely scenario is that he's cameoing. However, a bigger role is always possible! That being said, we all know the Holland brothers are close, so we also wouldn't be surprised if Harry was just hanging out. Take a look at the photos below to decide for yourself:

It definitely looks like he's rigged for action! The set photos released today also hinted at a Christmastime setting, which makes sense considering the movie is slated to be released in December. ComicBook.com recently asked Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige about the new Spider-Man movie's connection to WandaVision and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and he gave a classic evasive answer with a few hints sprinkled in.

"The biggest clue is the title of the second Doctor Strange movie. That's the biggest clue of where the Multiverse of Madness is taking us and how we're exploring that," Feige said of the Sam Raimi-directed sequel, which is set to feature Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange and Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch. "It's surreal to me that we're talking about a Spider-Man 3. I worked on a movie called Spider-Man 3 many years ago directed by Mr. Sam Raimi. So this clearly, the shorthand of calling it Spider-Man 3 now, it's fine. We call it Homecoming 3."

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Spoiler for No way home similar to video in the no way home thread posted last week

OK you were warned...