Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Re-read the steps to buy....it says you can't buy XRP straight from USD. You have to buy XBT first and convert it to XRP

For those who had / have difficulty understanding HOW to make a purchase.
the order of operations are as follows:
Take your USD..... buy XBT (bitcoins) first and convert it to XRP (ripple).

so it would seem like you need a minimum of $1,000.00 to buy ripple /XRP.

If Im wrong please correct me. Im doing my best trying to make sense of this shit. Im not gonna miss out on this shit like I did with the bitcoin in the beginning!

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
My two cents is if you're gonna buy the coin, buy the stock in Ripple as well. Personally think the stock will be more lucrative than the coin.

that's what I'm tryna look @

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My two cents is if you're gonna buy the coin, buy the stock in Ripple as well. Personally think the stock will be more lucrative than the coin.
:eek2::yes: the no look pass.......:money:
magicpass.gif

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
The stock is NOT public.
Oh ok. So what's your take on it.

I don't see how this can move much for us regular peeps to see any profit. What the banks clearly would want is stability not movement. And if "they" are controlling this, then how we gonna profit.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh ok. So what's your take on it.

I don't see how this can move much for us regular peeps to see any profit. What the banks clearly would want is stability not movement. And if "they" are controlling this, then how we gonna profit.
Interesting point...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
My other fear is the only way to exchange this to another currency or value is Bitcoin. It's all great that it hit $1,000 overnight per BTC...

BUT... you have to exchange bitcoin for Ripple. So lets say you have 100 Ripple you just bought with your thousand dollar worth of bitcoins and in a few months bitcoins drop in price, but ripple stays the same, you have to now convert your ripple back to a lesser bitcoin then back to USD. You just took a loss.

This to me seems like more of a long term investment, as banks use this as a means of settlement between themselves. This is similar almost to something stable as Gold or Silver. But doubt there will be any overnight millionaires like Bitcoin when it started.

But I could be wrong. I'm not trying to deter anyone, really looking for a sound investment thought.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My other fear is the only way to exchange this to another currency or value is Bitcoin. It's all great that it hit $1,000 overnight per BTC...

BUT... you have to exchange bitcoin for Ripple. So lets say you have 100 Ripple you just bought with your thousand dollar worth of bitcoins and in a few months bitcoins drop in price, but ripple stays the same, you have to now convert your ripple back to a lesser bitcoin then back to USD. You just took a loss.

This to me seems like more of a long term investment, as banks use this as a means of settlement between themselves. This is similar almost to something stable as Gold or Silver. But doubt there will be any overnight millionaires like Bitcoin when it started.

But I could be wrong. I'm not trying to deter anyone, really looking for a sound investment thought.
good point...

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster

With this scenario, you actually saved yourself money because the ripple you bought for a thousand is still worth a thousand, so you would just buy a thousand worth of bitcoin to convert to USD with the Ripple. No loss here.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
With this scenario, you actually saved yourself money because the ripple you bought for a thousand is still worth a thousand, so you would just buy a thousand worth of bitcoin to convert to USD with the Ripple. No loss here.
How is it still worth 1k?

you got USD to BTC to XRP
then exchange it back months from now
so XRP to BTC to USD

if Bitcoin drops in price, so does the value of your conversion back to USD. You're at a loss. Doesn't mean I have 10,000 XRP and I convert it back to same BTC which now buys me back half of what I got it for (if bitcoin dropped to $500) in the first place, I'm screwed. You don't see that?

The whole fact that on their site they keep using the words fiat currency on their site to me speaks volumes as well.

Last edited:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
if Bitcoin drops in price, so does the value of your conversion back to USD. You're at a loss. Doesn't mean I have 10,000 XRP and I convert it back to same BTC which now buys me back half of what I got it for (if bitcoin dropped to $500) in the first place, I'm screwed. You don't see that?

Dude, if Bitcoins drop in price you would get more Bitcoins when converting back. There's no lost here. If you can't understand that this isn't your thing.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Dude, if Bitcoins drop in price you would get more Bitcoins when converting back. There's no lost here. If you can't understand that this isn't your thing.
You're right, my bad., didn't think I'd be getting more of the other coin to the current value in USD. Went over my head.

Side note, already at Tier 3 level for those looking to sign up with Kraken

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man listen there are a few of these alt coins/cryptocurrency

out there that are on the verge of blowing up....

I wouldnt jump on this one right away without doing a little homework and waiting till it hits a few bucks..

bitcoin.png
Bitcoin $16,396,233,242 $1,020 16,078,837 BTC $203,760,000 2.34%
ethereum.png
Ethereum $730,246,927 $8.34 87,519,497 ETH $14,907,800 1.08%
litecoin.png
Litecoin $229,695,266 $4.67 49,155,704 LTC $14,052,000 3.53%
ripple.png
Ripple $229,438,791 $0.006314 36,337,298,649 XRP * $1,057,540 -1.31%
monero.png
Monero $220,168,130 $16.10 13,674,105 XMR $9,958,570 19.10%
ethereum-classic.png
Ethereum Classic $125,634,928 $1.44 87,470,621 ETC $2,766,420 4.34%
dash.png
Dash $82,085,421 $11.74 6,994,565 DASH $3,713,580 5.63%
maidsafecoin.png
MaidSafeCoin $45,021,317 $0.099483 452,552,412 MAID * $583,652 3.47%
augur.png
Augur $43,181,270 $3.93 11,000,000 REP * $240,808 3.25%
steem.png
Steem $37,966,306 $0.165334 229,633,992 STEEM $60,965 2.03%
nem.png
NEM $31,290,390 $0.003477 8,999,999,999 XEM * $65,871 0.61%
factom.png
Factom $25,899,462 $2.96 8,753,219 FCT * $1,111,790 1.85%
iconomi.png
Iconomi $25,870,146 $0.297358 87,000,000 ICN * $183,399 -8.67%
dogecoin.png
Dogecoin $24,019,306 $0.000223 107,557,477,540

Last edited:

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ok I'm confused.
Do you have to be tier 3 in order to use USD purchase XBT to convert into XRP?
Or can you purchase XRP at tier 2?

Soufboy

Rising Star
Registered
Subbing this, I was in a computer networking training course a couple years ago and the instructor was ranting about ripple to everybody and saying how he bought as much as he could afford to cause he believed it'll be the next big thing.

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you understand that you don't have to buy a full "coin"? You buy whatever you're paying for and it's a fraction.

Like a bitcoin, if you have $50 to purchase, then the fraction of a bitcoin is what you will be buying, for example .00732 of a bitcoin. That's not the current value, just showing you a number of how much you'd purchase.

Thank you for clearing that up for me @Mixd

cokely_muhammad

Student of Kogalee_Muhammad
Registered

What is the stock symbol on this? I want to look this up in my TDAmeritrade account.

Elijah Muhamad will bless you for this :hmm:

cokely_muhammad

Student of Kogalee_Muhammad
Registered
For those who had / have difficulty understanding HOW to make a purchase.
the order of operations are as follows:
Take your USD..... buy XBT (bitcoins) first and convert it to XRP (ripple).

so it would seem like you need a minimum of $1,000.00 to buy ripple /XRP.

If Im wrong please correct me. Im doing my best trying to make sense of this shit. Im not gonna miss out on this shit like I did with the bitcoin in the beginning!

Wait Nigga, you tellin me that I gots to put in $1,000 Dollis for this boowallshit!?! :angry:

MrBee

Fat broads need NOT apply
Registered
I moved bitcoin I had from my Coinbase wallet over to Kraken. If you have bitcoins in another wallet somewhere, that's another option instead of waiting to be verified for Tier 3
Is this verified? because ill just go that route and pass on tier 3 verification...