Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

Matt Beesy

Bgol Mod & Creator Of The Crypto Thread On Bgol
Super Moderator
First things first! In order to buy bitcoin or ripple sign up for Coinbase Here

Keep this thread clear of all hostility, and nonsense..... Do that on some other thread, Violators will receive one warning and then a 72 hour ban!

A bit of info for newcomers to this thread,

This thread was started on December 31st, 2016 when I introduced the idea of investing in Ripple to the BGOL family, Some scoffed at us people who took to it and a small amount of people actually followed through.... So far we have hugh returns if you invested at the beginning..... Ripple is still pretty cheap just a couple pennys per XRP (Ripples) so anyone can still easily invest.... While the thread is extremely long and full of great info everything you need to invest in ripple is contained within this first post. If you find you need any help just leave a comment and we will be happy to help you.

Here is a good guide to crypto currency..... it speaks about bitcoin but the general idea applies to ripple....

The Original Post From December 31st ,2016 is below....

When it hits the market it will sky rocket past bitcoin.... bitcoin has a lot of scalability issues.... This thing is golden.... I Got 60,000 of them right now that I bought for around $350.... If it only hits $60 I will make 3.8 million, its backed by major banks and institutions... Remember people got in early on Bitcoin when it was 11 cents per bitcoin now its $960 per bitcoin...

Now you know Google and the Major Banks are backing this one.... What are you going to do?

News Article CNBC
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/15/goog...-ripple-raises-55-million-from-big-banks.html

Last edited:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I'll bite but concerned that the banks are using this, wonder if they will keep it controlled. The reason bitcoin blew up is cause it's open, not controlled by anything. I worry about banks being behind all this. Cause everyone and the IMF reject Bitcoin for a reason.

Cause they can't control it. The people do. They don't like that...

Matt Beesy

Bgol Mod & Creator Of The Crypto Thread On Bgol
Super Moderator
Bitcoin is big because its not centrally controlled.... This isnt either. However it gives the banks the opportunity to get in before the rush and by up all the ripples for cheap.....

Last edited:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When it hits the market it will sky rocket past bitcoin.... bitcoin has a lot of scalability issues.... This thing is golden.... I Got 60,000 of them right now that I bought for around $350.... If it only hits $60 I will make 3.8 million, its backed by major banks and institutions... Remember people got in early on Bitcoin when it was 11 cents per bitcoin now its $960 per bitcoin...

Now you know Google and the Major Banks are backing this one.... What are you going to do?

News Article CNBC
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/15/goog...-ripple-raises-55-million-from-big-banks.html

Official Website
https://ripple.com/

Guide On How To Buy Ripple
https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/how-to-buy-xrp/

Here is a good guide to crypto currency..... it speaks about bitcoin but the general idea applies to ripple....

what has the value of ripples currency moved so far?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

News Article CNBC

Official Website
https://ripple.com/

Guide On How To Buy Ripple
https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/how-to-buy-xrp/

When is it due to hit the market?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Bitcoin is big because its not centrally controlled.... This isnt either. However it gives the banks the opportunity to get in before the rush and by up all the ripples for cheap.....
If it's not centrally controlled, what's the purpose of the ID ask?

Not knocking it, just trying to understand. Bitcoins anonymity is the biggest reason I use them. This seems like Google and big brothers response to BC..

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
Hmmm So say I want to put $75 in. I have to buy $75 of bitcoin then exchange the rate to ripple. My question is can I buy $75 worth when the price of one bitcoin is going for $900 plus before I can even exchange?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not available in NY yet...;o( They sent an email saying it's not approved in my area yet.

New York always be on that shit...

Grown adults cant even play online poker because of these parasites

I just want to know when this thing officially goes hard in the paint

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hmmm So say I want to put $75 in. I have to buy $75 of bitcoin then exchange the rate to ripple. My question is can I buy $75 worth when the price of one bitcoin is going for $900 plus before I can even exchange?

This is my main question. I will gamble a few dollars but the fact that you cannot straight up buy and have to buy bitcoin that is going $900 first gives me pause. @Pen N Pixel can you provide an answer to that question?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
This is my main question. I will gamble a few dollars but the fact that you cannot straight up buy and have to buy bitcoin that is going $900 first gives me pause. @Pen N Pixel can you provide an answer to that question?
Do you understand that you don't have to buy a full "coin"? You buy whatever you're paying for and it's a fraction.

Like a bitcoin, if you have $50 to purchase, then the fraction of a bitcoin is what you will be buying, for example .00732 of a bitcoin. That's not the current value, just showing you a number of how much you'd purchase.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Do you understand that you don't have to buy a full "coin"? You buy whatever you're paying for and it's a fraction.

Like a bitcoin, if you have $50 to purchase, then the fraction of a bitcoin is what you will be buying, for example .00732 of a bitcoin. That's not the current value, just showing you a number of how much you'd purchase.
I have to explain this process alot as well. Many are confused about BC's fractioning and think that when the current rate is at $950 or so, that that's what it costs. Not the case at all.