Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only excuse that makes sense is that both times, he thought he was going to die without having to finish him off. The first time makes sense, though this time death didn't seem as imminent.
1st one yes ok but the 2nd nah not buying it. It’s just shitty writing! They could have easily did something like maybe the ground fuck both of them up; so that obi had to escape without knowing or knowing that Vader lived. But to have a chance to kill him and help in the fight and don’t :hmm: They keep fucking this up:smh:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My nigga what are you talking about?

In many cases your enemy is not readily apparent and it is not all about a staged simplistic match, here as an OG (Darth Vader) he is drawing on his experience and teaching with his flashbacks. He is defeating enemies before a physical battle takes place and had already planned out his battle with Reva.

It looks like they took things from Goodfellas where Tommy was promoted to made man status, than killed for what he did to another made man. Reva was done up in the same way.

Did you really believe I did not see it youngling?

Star-wars-why-darth-vader-didnt-use-his-own-lightsaber-vs-reva.jpg

Physically dominating a seal before mounting them is common in nature. This is no longer the case which is causing many problems. There are many law enforcement or prison guards caught up with rape charges because they had to physically restrain women, you should call for female backup and let her handle it. They should take time off to cool off and deal with the trauma that was inflicted on you. It is just a matter of time before another Derek Chauvin attacks a seal in front of somebody iPhone. For men, it is physical domination than death, the women get the light saber.

Meanwhile Obi-Wan is effeminately manipulating Reva towards what he wants.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yes I've watched the entirety of it twice. It's good. Almost as good as clone wars. Bad batch is good. Those short animations that just came out a few months were good. It's just the live shows and movies I'm cool on. Can't take anymore...
mando & tales of the jedi
and- what if- from Marvel

canceling Disney+ until then

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
skip ObiWan... just watch Rebels
It's too late. I'm already watching and can't turn away from this shit like a trainwreck. These weak ass white hippies have to realize them and small kids(and even that ain't always true) are the only ones physically intimidated by human females. This Reeva shit is a fucking joke.

And no, I'm not against female characters. That jedi who was with Anakin in Clone wars is a bad ass character who needs her own show not done by Disney. Ventress was great too.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It's too late. I'm already watching and can't turn away from this shit like a trainwreck. These weak ass white hippies have to realize them and small kids(and even that ain't always true) are the only ones physically intimidated by human females. This Reeva shit is a fucking joke.

And no, I'm not against female characters. That jedi who was with Anakin in Clone wars is a bad ass character who needs her own show not done by Disney. Ventress was great too.
Asoka, Amidala, Ventress, Satine, Sabine, Hera, BoKatan, etc

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This show was not needed at all. If they were going to do fan service things the least they could have done is had a better story. I don't know when my Disney+ subscription is done but I won't be renewing at this point I wouldn't even buy Disney stock.
Yeah, at this rate, even the :yes: "sticking it to incels" bros will stop fucking with Disney shit sooner or later. Stories are clearly secondary to Disney. So is respecting fans and iconic characters. I just want Disney and Netflix as far away as possible from anything I like.

This 'fuck fans' attitude is rampant in comics and Hollywood. I'm in my 40s and never experienced such hostility to fans who built up all these IPs.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Decent season ender, just didnt like that they cut between the Vader/Obi Wan fight and the Reva/Owen/Beru/Luke chase shit.

I mean, we know Owen/Beru/Luke make it out fine. There were no real stakes there. They should have just focused on the Vader/Kenobi battle.

And the rush of the Third Sister turning back to the light was too fast. Wish it were drawn out in a longer series but within two episodes? That was lame.

I grabbed all the episodes thanks to Slam and may just edit them alm into one movie.

I'd give the season a 7 out of 10.

Last edited:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Decent season ender, just didnt like that they cut between the Vader/Obi Wan fight and the Reva/Owen/Beru/Lukenchase shit.

I mean, we know Owen/Beru/Luke make it out fine. There were no real stakes there. They should have just focused on the Vader/Kenobi battle.

And the rush of the Third Sister turning back to the light was too fast. Woah it were drawn out in a longer series but within two episodes? That was lame.

I grabbed all the episodes thanks to Slam and may just edit them alm into one movie.

I'd give the season a 7 put of 10.
I wouldn't mind seeing that edit

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
My nigga what are you talking about?

I was griping about Star Wars showing the younger Jedi learning a few skills than defeating the much older person. It looks like they are restoring balance to the force based on my comments.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is showing how us OG defeat you in battle before a physical one even takes place. This is what you saw with Obi Wan in hiding and not confronting Reva initially. I like watching Star Wars, it is a major source of delusion for whites; helps me understand their psyche.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Finishing ep 6 now.

I don't know all this Star Wars canon shit. I'm in it to see things get blowed up.

I was entertained. I'm assuming Vader or an underling taught Reeva some Jedi shit. I like how they pulled the family circle together with how all the characters are intertwined over the years.

Reeva was a confused Black Lesbian. She don't know what side she wants to be on.

Didn't appreciate a lot of that "you belong in the gutter" shit but Star Wars always has some unnecessary social commentary.

Love all these AMBIENT soundtracks. Music is best part of the experience.

Mandolorian
Boba Fett
Obi Wan

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Finishing ep 6 now.

I don't know all this Star Wars canon shit. I'm in it to see things get blowed up.

I was entertained. I'm assuming Vader or an underling taught Reeva some Jedi shit. I like how they pulled the family circle together with how all the characters are intertwined over the years.

Reeva was a confused Black Lesbian. She don't know what side she wants to be on.

Didn't appreciate a lot of that "you belong in the gutter" shit but Star Wars always has some unnecessary social commentary.

Love all these AMBIENT soundtracks. Music is best part of the experience.

Mandolorian
Boba Fett
Obi Wan

She's conflicted. I think the parallels between her and Anakin/Darth Vader are interesting in that Reva became a Sith or Inquisitor to get close to Darth Vader and chose to go back to the Light Side, while Anakin/Darth Vader chose to go the Dark Side and the next time we see him in a New Hope he's fully Darth Vader.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st one yes ok but the 2nd nah not buying it. It’s just shitty writing! They could have easily did something like maybe the ground fuck both of them up; so that obi had to escape without knowing or knowing that Vader lived. But to have a chance to kill him and help in the fight and don’t :hmm: They keep fucking this up:smh:
TRUE !! That would have worked better. Final fight on An unstable planet with massive quakes.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obi Wan Kenobi Season 1 Episode 6 Good ending(?) to the series. I feel like i got just all the right amount of everything but i would have loved another 30 minutes. It hit some good notes and some just felt like filler and lackluster. Im ok with the series ending here but if a season 2 happens there are definitely paths the story can take.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
It is showing how us OG defeat you in battle before a physical one even takes place. This is what you saw with Obi Wan in hiding and not confronting Reva initially.

I am trying to break it down for the weak, Princess Leia causes the physical battle between him and Anakin due to her youth and inexperience. He was avoiding conflict, defeating the hunt for him by the empire like an OG. They had spent a decade or more looking for him.

It reminds me of Boosie choosing to leave Louisiana to avoid gun battles with his foes. I am constantly avoiding conflict with cars chasing me by gay men, defeating them before any physical confrontation takes place through various tactics.

Pensive-Princess-Leia.jpg

Him getting weak after 'retiring' from being a Jedi is what happens to professional athlete that retires. He gains his strength after getting back in the game. It was the reason that Vader was able to defeat him easily the first time - equivalent to taking on Shaq or Michael Jordan after they have the game, they would eventually regain their old form, and defeat their young foes.

The AARP was putting heat on Disney and they stop maligning us in their movies.