Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Outside of The Mandalorian, all the Disney Star Wars projects have been trash.
I completely agree.
Except...
rogue-one-line-up.jpg

Rogue One was totally fucking AWESOME!!!!
:bravo: :bravo::bravo:

- It was exceptionally well written.
- It featured a completely diverse cast.
- It was about a strong, likeable female protaganist.
-It was FAITHFUL to the Star Wars lore, characters and vision.

Last edited:

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I completely agree.
Except...
rogue-one-line-up.jpg

Rogue One was totally fucking AWESOME!!!!
:bravo: :bravo::bravo:

- It was exceptionally well written.
- It featured a completely diverse cast.
- It was about a strong, likeable female protaganist.
-It was FAITHFUL to the Star Wars lore, characters and vision.
It was halfway decent but I thought the story was just rehashed unoriginal bs. They had to rescue somebody and get some plans blah, blah, blah.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was halfway decent but I thought the story was just rehashed unoriginal bs. They had to rescue somebody and get some plans blah, blah, blah.
Dude; in my opinion, Rogue One is easily THE BEST Star Wars property as yet produced by Disney. :yes:

It's how a prequel SHOULD be done.
The story beautifully filled in the gaps of events I wanted to know about.
The Vader hallway scene is practically worth the price of admission alone. And the movie ending always makes me want to watch "A New Hope" right after because of the perfect way they seemlessly ended it.
:bravo:

Plus; I later learned there were elements in it that are directly connected to another show they produced that I thoroughly enjoyed:
rebelslogo.jpg

So yeah, for me, I couldn't have asked for a better film...:yes::yes::yes:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, yeah. Cody was the big one. I love the idea of Obi-Wan having a buddy on Tatooine. Like a secret buddy. So like the first time he goes into town, you see, Cody, and he’s following him through the streets and attacks him, takes him into an alley with a knife to his throat and says, “You’re dead.’”And then you realize, “Oh, no… Cody’s making a point.” Like, “Come on. You got to be more careful.”

And you realize, “Oh, Cody has now morphed from someone who was trying to kill him when we last saw them to someone who is now devoting his life to protect him.” Because by now he’s had the biochip taken out of his head, and now he realizes, “Oh my god, what I did was wrong.” And he has driven by guilt, as much as Obi Wan is driven by guilt. So you got these two kind of old warriors bickering like this old married couple, bitching about, “God, it was so much better when we had an army at our backs,” you know?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man, I had to come back to this. Because it is brilliant marketing with the 'incel' bullshit. Just unbelievable how it works. I been a fan of shit since the 80s, yet when Netflix/Disney shit on these IPs I'm supposed to cosign ALL the fuckery simply because the narrative is the ones who don't like it are white incels. :smh: Oh, and bad reviews from pissed off fans are now 'review bombs'. FOH

I swear some BGOL cats will watch transgender Wonder Woman just because the narrative will be incels are hot as fish grease. Yeah, it's that bad with some people. That's why I am hesitant to take reviews around here anymore. And with what these folks did with the amazon tribe, Robin, and Superboy, folks better not act like they won't try to pull some major fuckery soon.

By dividing fans, they win. And we ain't getting any strong black male characters out of this. Cats don't even realizing masculinity is toxic to these hollyweirdos.

Story just to the point. You come to see Obi, you get Obi.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve just started watching this series and enjoying it. Loving it but Obi-Wan seems like he’s living as a recovering drunk that’s slowly starting to recover his senses even though it looks like he’s about to have a stroke when the Force starts re-activating in him (the scene when he first starts to hear Vader breathing after he learns Anikin was alive was great).

Came to this thread and shiiiit I missed this whole discussion. :eek2: I’ll come back and read some of the posts.

I have seen one point that I think we all agree with…STAR WARS seriously fucked up Finn’s character. I still remember thinking/hoping he would be a long lost Force user that would train to be a Jedi. That preview in the Forrest with him holding a light saber was epic. There was also more chemistry between Rey and him vs Rey and Kylo. Now, I would want to see a Kylo Ren series because when he forced stopped the light saber blast…that whole seen was masterful (the sound staging bc in the theater I FELT that shit, the cinematography, the build up).

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’ve just started watching this series and enjoying it. Loving it but Obi-Wan seems like he’s living as a recovering drunk that’s slowly starting to recover his senses even though it looks like he’s about to have a stroke when the Force starts re-activating in him (the scene when he first starts to hear Vader breathing after he learns Anikin was alive was great).

Came to this thread and shiiiit I missed this whole discussion. :eek2: I’ll come back and read some of the posts.

I have seen one point that I think we all agree with…STAR WARS seriously fucked up Finn’s character. I still remember thinking/hoping he would be a long lost Force user that would train to be a Jedi. That preview in the Forrest with him holding a light saber was epic. There was also more chemistry between Rey and him vs Rey and Kylo. Now, I would want to see a Kylo Ren series because when he forced stopped the light saber blast…that whole seen was masterful (the sound staging bc in the theater I FELT that shit, the cinematography, the build up).

Star Wars Post of the Day

272003-middle.png

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Who did they have to rescue though? I remember Cassian andor set out to assisnate mins father but I don't remember any rescue.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Not really sure what they can do.

The series was mainly focused on Kenobi feeling beaten cuz of what happened to Anakin which resulted in him falling into a deep depression/PTSD.

He got his shit together at the end and focused on protecting Luke from Anakin.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Not really sure what they can do.

The series was mainly focused on Kenobi feeling beaten cuz of what happened to Anakin which resulted in him falling into a deep depression/PTSD.

He got his shit together at the end and focused on protecting Luke from Anakin.
Obi Wan learning he had a son with Dutchess Satine Kryze and finally meeting his son (Cal Kestis)... is a way to go.