Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Which Vader series is this...
They need to do a Vader series. Use the stuff from the comics
this would be a good series too

41u-Uuv-Gp8-LL-SX319-BO1-204-203-200.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obi Wan Kenobi gave me what I wanted this week even though I would have liked another 20 minutes. Plus there were some inconsistencies. Darth Vader at the height of his powers. More reflecting on his time as Anakin Skywalker and training with Kenobi and his connection to Reva.Ingrams acting actually improved in portions of this episode. I hope the conclusion is 90 minutes.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Obi Wan Kenobi gave me what I wanted this week even though I would have liked another 20 minutes. Plus there were some inconsistencies. Darth Vader at the height of his powers. More reflecting on his time as Anakin Skywalker and training with Kenobi and his connection to Reva.Ingrams acting actually improved in portions of this episode. I hope the conclusion is 90 minutes.
It is 90+

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
SPOILER AHEAD PLEASE DO NOT READ MY POST IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOST RECENT EPISODE!!

I don't get it :dunno::dunno: How was Vader able to stop that big ass ship with the force, but he couldn't stop the little muthafucka??:dunno::dunno:

That is the same shit I was thinking:lol: fucking ridiculous. Also a few episodes back Obi Wan escaped when the fire spread out. Vadar would be able too extinguish a little fucking fire or better just walk through that shit.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is how I be doing fools all the time, detecting their plots and shutting them down while looking aloof, these younglings need to watch this episode, so they don't try nothing.

Some of them see you lost a step and will try something.

He not even fighting her with a light saber :smh: :giggle:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
He not even fighting her with a light saber :smh: :giggle:

This complete domination of a seal after handicapping her in battle, giving her a weapon to fight. After realizing she is defeated, plunging my light saber into her. There is no romantic poetry or her saying I am ready.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What makes you think COINTELPRO won't see it coming?

Did you really believe that I did not see you stealing my IP youngling? You are of no further use...

Last edited:

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hard for me to believe that Vader never senses that he is very close to his own daughter. I guess he still has no idea that his kids are alive or were even born.

rpl6has6hk691.jpg

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SPOILER AHEAD PLEASE DO NOT READ MY POST IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE MOST RECENT EPISODE!!

I don't get it :dunno::dunno: How was Vader able to stop that big ass ship with the force, but he couldn't stop the little muthafucka??:dunno::dunno:
My first thought as well.

There have been so many logic gaps in this series.

Just lazy writing.:smh:

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor
Same niggas in here saying a show about space wizards isn't believable, have no problem with 2000 killers attacking John Wick one at a time so he could merc them all instead of them all shooting at him at the same time and ending the show after 5 mins lmao.

Nah bro that's not it......At least for me the reason why I'm down on the series is because not only is some of the shit they do unbelievable just in the most basic sense, but they even do shit that is completely inconsistent with the canon they've already established. So in the exact same scene Vader uses the Force to grab Obi Wan and drag him through the flames but 10 seconds later he can't grab him to keep him and ole girl from escaping?????? I don't think that's us being unfair to a show about space wizards, I think thats simply fans of that show saying hey if we're suspending our belief about this people with magical powers at least write the show in a way that makes sure those powers stay consistent as to how they were established so that when we watch the show, it makes sense.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Nah bro that's not it......At least for me the reason why I'm down on the series is because not only is some of the shit they do unbelievable just in the most basic sense, but they even do shit that is completely inconsistent with the canon they've already established. So in the exact same scene Vader uses the Force to grab Obi Wan and drag him through the flames but 10 seconds later he can't grab him to keep him and ole girl from escaping?????? I don't think that's us being unfair to a show about space wizards, I think thats simply fans of that show saying hey if we're suspending our belief about this people with magical powers at least write the show in a way that makes sure those powers stay consistent as to how they were established so that when we watch the show, it makes sense.

But my point is all these shows and movies do that.

As a fan of the original series and not much else in the Star Wars universe, none of this ever made any logical sense. It was a fairy tale, it was fun. A roller coaster ride. It's never been about power levels, and all the other stuff for me. But to each his own

But if you sit back and watch anything with an eye on pointing out every thing that doesn't make sense, if it's not a documentary, then you'll have lots to complain about.

Also, there is big money to be made shitting on shows and movies on youtube so you're going to see people throw up tons of negative stuff about everything. It gets views.

At the end of the day, it's just jokes, although I do find it funny holding every show and movie to the standard that everything that happens MUST make logical sense. You find that most of it doesn't.

For example, when Thanos had five of the stones he was embedding folks in rocks and tree limbs, hell with 4 stones he stringified people.

Yet instead of using the stones against Wanda, he tried to push through her powers. Why? And he could have turned Stormbreaker into flowers with the reality stone, yet he let Thor plunge it into his chest? Why?

Because it moves the narrative along. It made no sense in reality, nor in the canon of powers the movie had established. BUT people didn't sit around pointing it out because they were enjoying the movie. And dammit, there's nothing wrong with that.

Now folks talk about lazy writing, but they don't know anything about writing, really.

The writers of this show made something for people that are invested in the narratives of Obi Wan and Anakin. If you look at the show from that perspective, you'll enjoy it. It's not perfect, it has plot holes, but it is filling in the narrative of the story in my opinion.