Now the triviality. Don't recast T'Challa and scrap Black Panther 2.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
just sharing

Will Black Panther ever be the same without Chadwick Boseman?

Here’s the real question: do you want to see more of Black Panther in the MCU? If you want to honor what someone worked for, then you pick up the torch, and you run it forward.
main-qimg-36d5347f3b1d968289d6349018be07f2

If the role is recast and another Black Panther movie is made, obviously, give a really wonderful shout out to Chadwick Boseman in the start or end credits, (he did a great job with the role), and move forward. The character existed before Boseman, and the hero can last after his passing. That’s the great thing about a legend… it makes you more than just a man.

main-qimg-505f2e1ca24d72014547d6945b673408

… or so I’ve heard.

That’s the great thing about a well-written character… fantastic actors will line up to play them.

main-qimg-6afe91227a3bc580ec36fb866bfbfcdc

Chadwick Boseman was a slam-dunk. He was perfect for the role: he looked like a king, had the physique of a warrior, and amazing acting chops.

main-qimg-6497dc362ff22eda18f2ac2f54007a12

… and as an actor, I’m not taking anything away from the work he did by saying there are other actors who could bring something to the role. They would be different, but could also be really good.

Omari Hardwick

main-qimg-cf40d159fd934f0540c1310edb646d94

Shemar Moore
main-qimg-6762246d21806197abacd3ea9dc37323

Trevante Rhodes

main-qimg-37b5ef7bd6bb7a6abec7b35a3fc71345

John David Washington

main-qimg-ff4321f2bb23fd1cb76895ad99e08ccf

…and there’s literally THOUSANDS OF OTHER ACTORS who potentially could fill the role and amaze us!!!

That’s the job of actors. For instance… a lot of people didn’t think this guy:

main-qimg-dbe3fcd05a38c1e4618980fd83ee3328

… could transform into this guy:

main-qimg-be037ccba18fb1b736ce46f029d6eb18

… and win an Oscar for it.

***Edit - I had someone comment that it was inappropriate to use Ledger’s Joker here, since he was supposed to be in the third film but died before it could be made, and Nolan decided to simply leave the character out from the third installment. However, I’d argue Ledger is still a perfect example to use here, since not one, but THREE actors stepped up to finish “The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnussus” on Ledger’s behalf in his role. ***

So ask yourself:

“If I loved Black Panther as a character, wouldn’t I like to see more of him? And if that’s so… who would pick up his flag and follow?”

That’s not disrespectful to Boseman in the slightest; letting his work die with him would be.

main-qimg-70052cf260d7a2f1a333e79d0df73948

Rest in peace, Mr. Boseman. You’re a stronger and tougher man than I’ll ever be… fighting colon cancer for years on top of having the most successful period as an actor in your life…! I can’t even imagine the strain.

You were amazing, and you ARE MISSED.
Shemar moore ?!?! Oh come on now. He could play deathlok though. Mattter of fact they can use deathlok as a minor villian in a future sequel. Bp3 perhaps. They had a wbole platoon of deathloks in the bet animated series or they could use deathlok in the falcon and winter soldier show.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Much as I like Mike B, he doesn't need to become the black panther. He doesn't even have an accent lol. Whichever route marvel go, it should be interesting tho. And please stop naming ppl who already is in the MCU lol.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Much as I like Mike B, he doesn't need to become the black panther. He doesn't even have an accent lol. Whichever route marvel go, it should be interesting tho. And please stop naming ppl who already is in the MCU lol.
Dudes saying Sterling and Chiwetel. surprised no one suggested Don Cheadle or Anthony Mackie

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The Mouse is listening. They will not re-cast. Panther 2 will begin with a funeral and go from there. Shuri or Danai Jekesai Gurira (!!!).

Marvel moves forward, they rewrite to include real-world events and spin the story around them in a more-or-less credible way. They won't go back with some bullshit plot explaining why Panther is now xyz.

After the funeral Panther appears in a big action set-piece with an Avenger or two and when the dust clears, they all look at him like wtf? We thought you were dead. Then the mask comes down and it's.....!!!!!!!! That's a Marvel move through and through. Who the new Panther is will probably be a surprise reveal. But I can guarantee it won't be re-cast.

This in the Panther suit:

0c80b220e34560c4389627aa694d1af1.jpg

2cc1fbd620efbd4bdcb6e39363bab46c.jpg

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Hopefully Shuri
Screenshot-2017-11-10-at-12.33.18.png

29620f87c3e357c43928780a5be40d9d.jpg

Everything I've read points to this. And like @knightmelodic said BP2 will likely start with a funeral and the passing of the torch to Shuri...

But man it would be SUPER DOPE if as their doing the autopsy or preparing the body it morphs into a skrull and they just leave him as "missing"

What a way to kick off Secret Wars...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everything I've read points to this. And like @knightmelodic said BP2 will likely start with a funeral and the passing of the torch to Shuri...

But man it would be SUPER DOPE if as their doing the autopsy or preparing the body it morphs into a skrull and they just leave him as "missing"

What a way to kick off Secret Wars...
I don't think people want to see an autopsy scene of a character played by an actor who really died... that's disrespectful.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Mouse is listening. They will not re-cast. Panther 2 will begin with a funeral and go from there. Shuri or Danai Jekesai Gurira (!!!).

Marvel moves forward, they rewrite to include real-world events and spin the story around them in a more-or-less credible way. They won't go back with some bullshit plot explaining why Panther is now xyz.

After the funeral Panther appears in a big action set-piece with an Avenger or two and when the dust clears, they all look at him like wtf? We thought you were dead. Then the mask comes down and it's.....!!!!!!!! That's a Marvel move through and through. Who the new Panther is will probably be a surprise reveal. But I can guarantee it won't be re-cast.

This in the Panther suit:

0c80b220e34560c4389627aa694d1af1.jpg

2cc1fbd620efbd4bdcb6e39363bab46c.jpg
shes a soldier not royalty....if I'm not mistaken ( and I could be) but only certain people from the five tribes can challenge for the throne.

Meanwhile Mbaku is like

giphy.gif

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I don't think people want to see an autopsy scene of a character played by an actor who really died... that's disrespectful.
I may have said it wrong...
But just imagine them prepping the body (off camera) and somebody runs to get shuri and others because they HAVE to see something of great importance. They get there and on the table is a skrull.

Not necessarily an autopsy, but in preparation of the body it could be tastefully done i think. Is that better?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I may have said it wrong...
But just imagine them prepping the body (off camera) and somebody runs to get shuri and others because they HAVE to see something of great importance. They get there and on the table is a skrull.

Not necessarily an autopsy, but in preparation of the body it could be tastefully done i think. Is that better?
I get what you're saying and if Boseman hadn't died...if he just didn't want to do the character anymore or they fired in a contract dispute then I could see that playing out. But he died...so doing what your talking about goes beyond referencing his death i.e. a scene AFTER the memorial for Tchalla... references Chadwick Boseman's passing but to use it as a plot point and hint he may not be dead therefore the potential for recasting the part comes off as USING his death for the service a story.

Thats not going to sit well for many fans.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

there's a real example of that in the movie Game Of Death. Not only did they use Bruce Lee's passing as a direct plot point they even used footage of his funeral with him in the coffin in the movie. Looking back that shit was HELLA disrespectful.

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why complicate shit? Shuri is the only royalty to match (maybe eventually surpass) T'Challa's intellect. The physical attributes will come, dont worry about that. Let that bitch shine. I mean look at her in Endgame - she damn near aliean.

If you want to get crazy/complicated, resurrect Eric with a new purpose - but even this shit wont last long, if at all.

Mr. Lengthy

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
There are a few MCU movies coming out before BP2 is scheduled to drop. In anyone of those movies, they can have him die off screen (i.e. a news report in Spider Man, Captain Marvel, Shang Chi etc. )And at the same time announce if Shuri will take the mantle. BP2 can pick up right from there. They just need to come up with away for him to die in the MCU. Maybe that's how they bring in Galactus and the FF.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
They should not kill of T'Challa onscreen. Have him give up the mantle of the Panther and the throne to live a life of domesticity with Nakia. He uses the i.d. of Luke Charles and and Wakandan imaging inducing tech to look different when he's out and about.
i would like them to use shuri and then use black panther and storms son azari.
she will then train him

latest

Or perhaps a younger version of T'Challa's grandfather, Azzuri the wise, is somehow sent forward in time.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I bet they fucking do ...

greedy ass disney aint leaving a billion dollar movie on the table

they gonna fuck it up like they did Mulan being greedy ...:angry:

Just do what they did with Brian(Paul Walker's character) from FAST&THE FURIOUS. Leave him alive in the universe, but retired. Let's say that he gives up the mantle and the throne to marry her and live in a life of domesticity and charitable works. Like Prince Harry and Meghan. Perhaps T'Challa is using nano-tech in his body that disguises his features. He wakes up one day at home with no memory of who he is and the body of a dead female Skrull where Nakia's corpse should be... the mystery ensues.. then you could have a new actor who is T'Challa, but doesn't look like him nor know who he is.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yall doing too much to keep black panther from being a female lmaoo. In the books she gets to be the panther. This was gonna happen soon or later anyway. Its just gonna happen sooner than expected.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
shes a soldier not royalty....if I'm not mistaken ( and I could be) but only certain people from the five tribes can challenge for the throne.

Meanwhile Mbaku is like

giphy.gif

I don't think they've ever established she isn't royalty. Wouldn't be the first time someone was discovered to have the blood. All in all not a big deal.

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall doing too much to keep black panther from being a female lmaoo. In the books she gets to be the panther. This was gonna happen soon or later anyway. Its just gonna happen sooner than expected.

I ain’t trying to see a female black panther..... fuck it

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You can reboot the franchise...but THIS version of BP is Chadwick's... Put it this way if RDJ or Hugh jackman died and the NEXT movie they had someone in the suit people would be like...damn.

So recast 25ppl instead of 1? Don't need to reboot the franchise. They hadn't even started shooting this wasnt coming out until 2022. By the time it does enough time will have passed for it to be ok and they can still pay tribute. This isn't like heath ledger dying before batman drops

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So I looked him up and found his Instagram page..........not gonna happen. That's all I'm gonna say.
So he's gay?

I saw a few dancing and yoga pics.... and then he is like 4-5 inches shorter than Chadwick....

So yeah he won't work

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
So recast 25ppl instead of 1? Don't need to reboot the franchise. They hadn't even started shooting this wasnt coming out until 2022. By the time it does enough time will have passed for it to be ok and they can still pay tribute. This isn't like heath ledger dying before batman drops
Exactly. Marvel is good at casting also. All they have to do is take their time and choose wisely. One thing I want to say is nust because some of us want to find a replacement and keep the mcu continuity going etc doesn't mean we have no regard for Chadwick bosemans's legacy and how he brought black panther to life.

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:dunno: yeah, you’re right let’s make the only major African male superhero a woman. We’ll just tell male boys to look up to Luke Cage and backup Spider-Man.

So they gonna write T’challa out the books too to appease people, because Shuri don’t got any stories.

Shit let’s get Kamala a guest spot since she was the last thing Boseman talked about....