Now the triviality. Don't recast T'Challa and scrap Black Panther 2.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
bp-death.gif

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
just sharing

Will Black Panther ever be the same without Chadwick Boseman?

Here’s the real question: do you want to see more of Black Panther in the MCU? If you want to honor what someone worked for, then you pick up the torch, and you run it forward.
main-qimg-36d5347f3b1d968289d6349018be07f2

If the role is recast and another Black Panther movie is made, obviously, give a really wonderful shout out to Chadwick Boseman in the start or end credits, (he did a great job with the role), and move forward. The character existed before Boseman, and the hero can last after his passing. That’s the great thing about a legend… it makes you more than just a man.

main-qimg-505f2e1ca24d72014547d6945b673408

… or so I’ve heard.

That’s the great thing about a well-written character… fantastic actors will line up to play them.

main-qimg-6afe91227a3bc580ec36fb866bfbfcdc

Chadwick Boseman was a slam-dunk. He was perfect for the role: he looked like a king, had the physique of a warrior, and amazing acting chops.

main-qimg-6497dc362ff22eda18f2ac2f54007a12

… and as an actor, I’m not taking anything away from the work he did by saying there are other actors who could bring something to the role. They would be different, but could also be really good.

Omari Hardwick

main-qimg-cf40d159fd934f0540c1310edb646d94

Shemar Moore
main-qimg-6762246d21806197abacd3ea9dc37323

Trevante Rhodes

main-qimg-37b5ef7bd6bb7a6abec7b35a3fc71345

John David Washington

main-qimg-ff4321f2bb23fd1cb76895ad99e08ccf

…and there’s literally THOUSANDS OF OTHER ACTORS who potentially could fill the role and amaze us!!!

That’s the job of actors. For instance… a lot of people didn’t think this guy:

main-qimg-dbe3fcd05a38c1e4618980fd83ee3328

… could transform into this guy:

main-qimg-be037ccba18fb1b736ce46f029d6eb18

… and win an Oscar for it.

***Edit - I had someone comment that it was inappropriate to use Ledger’s Joker here, since he was supposed to be in the third film but died before it could be made, and Nolan decided to simply leave the character out from the third installment. However, I’d argue Ledger is still a perfect example to use here, since not one, but THREE actors stepped up to finish “The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnussus” on Ledger’s behalf in his role. ***

So ask yourself:

“If I loved Black Panther as a character, wouldn’t I like to see more of him? And if that’s so… who would pick up his flag and follow?”

That’s not disrespectful to Boseman in the slightest; letting his work die with him would be.

main-qimg-70052cf260d7a2f1a333e79d0df73948

Rest in peace, Mr. Boseman. You’re a stronger and tougher man than I’ll ever be… fighting colon cancer for years on top of having the most successful period as an actor in your life…! I can’t even imagine the strain.

You were amazing, and you ARE MISSED.

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
Nobody should consider takin that role as a replacement.
Those shoes are way too big to fill. Boseman is the only black panther/t'challa .

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
just sharing

Will Black Panther ever be the same without Chadwick Boseman?
Here’s the real question: do you want to see more of Black Panther in the MCU? If you want to honor what someone worked for, then you pick up the torch, and you run it forward.
main-qimg-36d5347f3b1d968289d6349018be07f2

If the role is recast and another Black Panther movie is made, obviously, give a really wonderful shout out to Chadwick Boseman in the start or end credits, (he did a great job with the role), and move forward. The character existed before Boseman, and the hero can last after his passing. That’s the great thing about a legend… it makes you more than just a man.

main-qimg-505f2e1ca24d72014547d6945b673408

… or so I’ve heard.

That’s the great thing about a well-written character… fantastic actors will line up to play them.

main-qimg-6afe91227a3bc580ec36fb866bfbfcdc

Chadwick Boseman was a slam-dunk. He was perfect for the role: he looked like a king, had the physique of a warrior, and amazing acting chops.

main-qimg-6497dc362ff22eda18f2ac2f54007a12

… and as an actor, I’m not taking anything away from the work he did by saying there are other actors who could bring something to the role. They would be different, but could also be really good.

Omari Hardwick

main-qimg-cf40d159fd934f0540c1310edb646d94

Shemar Moore
main-qimg-6762246d21806197abacd3ea9dc37323

Trevante Rhodes

main-qimg-37b5ef7bd6bb7a6abec7b35a3fc71345

John David Washington

main-qimg-ff4321f2bb23fd1cb76895ad99e08ccf

…and there’s literally THOUSANDS OF OTHER ACTORS who potentially could fill the role and amaze us!!!

That’s the job of actors. For instance… a lot of people didn’t think this guy:

main-qimg-dbe3fcd05a38c1e4618980fd83ee3328

… could transform into this guy:

main-qimg-be037ccba18fb1b736ce46f029d6eb18

… and win an Oscar for it.

***Edit - I had someone comment that it was inappropriate to use Ledger’s Joker here, since he was supposed to be in the third film but died before it could be made, and Nolan decided to simply leave the character out from the third installment. However, I’d argue Ledger is still a perfect example to use here, since not one, but THREE actors stepped up to finish “The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnussus” on Ledger’s behalf in his role. ***

So ask yourself:

“If I loved Black Panther as a character, wouldn’t I like to see more of him? And if that’s so… who would pick up his flag and follow?”

That’s not disrespectful to Boseman in the slightest; letting his work die with him would be.

main-qimg-70052cf260d7a2f1a333e79d0df73948

Rest in peace, Mr. Boseman. You’re a stronger and tougher man than I’ll ever be… fighting colon cancer for years on top of having the most successful period as an actor in your life…! I can’t even imagine the strain.

You were amazing, and you ARE MISSED.
I font see shemar Moore as black panther. Thats way off. R.i.p. Chadwick Bozeman. Also loved his work 8n get on up. Iys not just panther wr lost. A talented actor. They shiwed black panther on that last nigjt anf while watchng it I was thi bling hes gonna be really hard to replace.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
its a fucking conversation about a movie! Damn we can walk and chew gum at the same time. When did conversations on this board have a start and end date? People just expressing ideas.. nobody is saying anything disrespectful about CB, damn, be easy with the bullshit.

If you two clowns don't see a problem with discussing his replacement when the man hasn't even had a proper burial then you're fucking lost. There's no saving you clowns. Carry on fools.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man fuck y'all for this thread. Its gonna come a time where we gonna have this discussion but it don't feel right to have that shit less than 24 hours after Chadwick died.
Why not? This is not a shot but If you can’t handle this topic then you should not enter the thread. But you want to shut down the entire thread because you can’t handle it?

if you need time to mourn then do so but it is not our responsibility to manage your emotions.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you two clowns don't see a problem with discussing his replacement when the man hasn't even had a proper burial then you're fucking lost. There's no saving you clowns. Carry on fools.
It’s not the responsibility of the board to manage people’s emotions. If they can’t handle this topic they should not enter.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why not? This is not a shot but If you can’t handle this topic then you should not enter the thread. But you want to shut down the entire thread because you can’t handle it?

if you need time to mourn then do so but it is not our responsibility to manage your emotions.
Not about my emotions it’s just respect. Has nothing to do with me I just personally find it fucked up that someone can pass away and a few hours talking about replacing him as if he didn’t exist. Our culture is far more respectful than that. Y’all can do what y’all want. Not advocating for a thread shut down but I just expected more. But go ahead and do y’all.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bitchass niggas
Fam dead less than a day
And niggas want to.talk about replacements
Why give a rip if you only care about the character?
What you are doing is projecting your emotions of hurt and pain on other BGOL fam
Unnecessarily. If this topic is to early for you to discuss just comeback when you are emotionally right. But to project feelings on other BGOL fam is wrong.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s all I can say man is do y’all. If they don’t see nothing morally off about it then fine. The discussion will happen at some time but I didn’t expect for it to happen hours after he passed.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not about my emotions it’s just respect. Has nothing to do with me I just personally find it fucked up that someone can pass away and a few hours talking about replacing him as if he didn’t exist. Our culture is far more respectful than that. Y’all can do what y’all want. Not advocating for a thread shut down but I just expected more. But go ahead and do y’all.
Those are emotions. You are projecting your feelings on people unfairly. Look at what you typed. “Talking about replacing him as if he didn’t exist” That is projecting your emotions because no one is this thread feels that way. The only one felt that way is you. But you are trying to justify your feelings by trying make others the villains.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those are emotions. You are projecting your feelings on people unfairly. Look at what you typed. “Talking about replacing him as if he didn’t exist” That is projecting your emotions because no one is this thread feels that way. The only one felt that way is you. But you are trying to justify your feelings by trying make others the villains.
No you just feel guilty. Nobody called anyone villains. I said what I said man. I didn’t point fingers at anyone so if a hit dog wants to holler that’s on the dog not me.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No you just feel guilty. Nobody called anyone villains. I said what I said man. I didn’t point fingers at anyone so if a hit dog wants to holler that’s on the dog not me.
You can’t imply that people don’t care about Chad just because they are not sitting in a corner crying all day. That’s unfair fam. Do you not understand part of the grieving process is being around people who are going through the same thing. Fans talking about carrying on a franchise and project that the brotha made iconic is not only therapeutic but the highest level of respect. Real fans that truly loved Chad will never let this franchise die. So yes his replacement is important but also conversing with other fans is therapeutic

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
You can’t imply that people don’t care about Chad just because they are not sitting in a corner crying all day. That’s unfair fam. Do you not understand part of the grieving process is being around people who are going through the same thing. Fans talking about carrying on a franchise and project that the brotha made iconic is not only therapeutic but the highest level of respect. Real fans that truly loved Chad will never let this franchise die. So yes his replacement is important but also conversing with other fans is therapeutic

I 100% agree with you. You speak the truth. But OP bumped his old thread and people got in his ass because he was on some, "I told y'all Chad was sick" shit. He apologize then started this thread. Some people just don't understand boundaries. Don't protect this clown Bro. I didn't mean to come at you like that. But OP is in this shit for comments. He's disrespectful and just feeding his social media fix. He don't give a fuck about Chad.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I 100% agree with you. You speak the truth. But OP bumped his old thread and people got in his ass because he was on some, "I told y'all Chad was sick" shit. He apologize then started this thread. Some people just don't understand boundaries. Don't protect this clown Bro. I didn't mean to come at you like that. But OP is in this shit for comments. He's disrespectful and just feeding his social media fix. He don't give a fuck about Chad.
Oh I see. Respect

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
not by movie standards. Remember, the challenge to become Black Panther was open to anyone.

i just rewatched last night in homage.

It was specifically stated in the movie that the challenge had to come from a royal blood line.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i just rewatched last night in homage.

It was specifically stated in the movie that the challenge had to come from a royal blood line.
In the first challenge scene, they specifically stated it was open to any tribe that wanted to put up a challenger to the throne, no mention of royalty.

changed my answer on this one. I thought Killmonger was exercising his right to challenge outside the challenge window, due to his lineage.

Last edited:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
The narrative that you shouldn't talk about someone immediately after their passing is kinda stupid. As long as it isn't disrespectful its giving the deceased permanent life. Some of you ninjas are killing the man twice. Its ok but maybe yall should log off for a day or two until your emotions settle.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
BTW Shuri should be the next black panther. Its already written that way in the comics. Shit BP2 is about to do 3 fucking billy lol

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Merge this thread with the BLack Panther thread. This is all recycled shit some things are verbatim.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Without a re-cast we probably won't get Namor into the storyline, was hoping for the battle of 2 kings Wakanda vs Atlantis