Now the triviality. Don't recast T'Challa and scrap Black Panther 2.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
While having breakfast this morning, I briefly thought that perhaps a potential actor to replace Chadwick could be John David Washington. He has the range and can do action. A bit short for the role though(5'9 to Boseman's 6'0). I have changed my mind.I'm thinking that perhaps they should scrap Black Panther 2 and not recast the role of T'challa. Wait till the next Avengers movie and have Shuri take over as the Black Panther. T'Challa could have retired, abdicated the throne and the title of Black Panther and went off to live with Nakia(Lupita Nu'Ongo') .Much like the late Paul Walker's Brian character did in the Fast and Furious franchise. I am perfectly fine if I never see the T'Challa/Storm thing onscreen.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Would be easier to bring Michael B Jordan back

Since they are gonna be exploring the mutliverse, he could be from an alternate universe where Zuri(Forest Whitaker) killed his father and T'Chaka took him home to be raised aling side his cousin. I'd prefer they not go this route. Just let Shuri have the role. Fiege was probably gonna do that anyway. My one regret,we got to see T'Challa the strategist but not T'Challa the super-genius.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I'd Rather They Have It Where Killmonger Didnt Actually Die and He Has to Step In and Become the Black Panther and Have a Story Of His Redemption and Welcoming Back Into Wakanda....Just My Two Cents

I'd rather they didn't go this route, but they were going that route with the version of Loki that Thanos killed in Infinity War. Not sure of the one that escaped in 2012 in Endgame and will be in the Disney Plus series is gonna be evil or grey area. I have a feeling they are leaning towards making aloki like Red Reddington on the Blacklist. Not reformed, but will help the good guys take out worse threats and if it suits his means.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Actually, in the MCU, Okoye as the Black Panther might be dope. Do you have to be a membe rof the royal family. Don't think so.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Use any reusable footage, make tchalla king of the dead, sort of ghost force like star wars and make the Shuri character Black Panther, I think it went like that in some comics.
:crymeariver: rip brotha Bosman, we will make sure you are honored the way you honored us in your life.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Black Panther’ was just another version of the Kemetic story of Osiris and Horus.

The plan all along was to have Letitia Wright/Shuri take the mantle to venerate the mother goddess. Same reason for a female VP.

‘Black Panther 2’ will be made.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I do not know about that. It wasn’t the plan all along. It is one if the many story arcs they can use.
‘Black Panther’ was just another version of the Kemetic story of Osiris and Horus.

The plan all along was to have Letitia Wright/Shuri take the mantle to venerate the mother goddess. Same reason for a female VP.

‘Black Panther 2’ will be made.

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This could have waited a week or so. Dude aint even cold in the ground yet

I know what you mean but:

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Painful as it is it is true. I think Disney knew over a year ago or possibly all along. They have a Plan "B". My guess is they will recast the role rather than write out the character. They have plenty of time to decide thanks to Corona.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Too soon to talk about replacing him. Damn people.
its a fucking conversation about a movie! Damn we can walk and chew gum at the same time. When did conversations on this board have a start and end date? People just expressing ideas.. nobody is saying anything disrespectful about CB, damn, be easy with the bullshit.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
its a fucking conversation about a movie! Damn we can walk and chew gum at the same time. When did conversations on this board have a start and end date? People just expressing ideas.. nobody is saying anything disrespectful about CB, damn, be easy with the bullshit.

Thanks.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shuri will be black panther and they're probably gonna bring back kilmonger..the question is..how do they explain tchalla's absense? It would be crazy if Chadwick already filmed scenes as tchalla explaining that knowing he was so sick and might not make it.man..i might have rooted for kilmonger but Chadwick is bp to me and ill miss the brotha.man..

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shuri will be black panther and they're probably gonna bring back kilmonger..the question is..how do they explain tchalla's absense? It would be crazy if Chadwick already filmed scenes as tchalla explaining that knowing he was so sick and might not make it.man..i might have rooted for kilmonger but Chadwick is bp to me and ill miss the brotha.man..
Simple...he doesn't come back from thanos snap. not everyone does

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

you good in my book. what's a week or two going to do? Ppl acting like he's not in a better place and won't live forever due to his movie roles. There's a .00001 chance BP2 is scraped and I'm sure they had back up plans. I thought they started filming some of it already but I'm not sure.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But didn't he come back in the last Avengers???
i can't remember..did he?

if he did then the explanation becomes real world....shuri could say there are some things even Wakanda technology hasn't solved yet...(dramatic pause as we all know what she's talking about)...

its not that hard to write around.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The Mouse already has, and is, and will be working on alternative scripts. Then they will float some "unknown sources" rumors out there to see what the public is okay with. Then they'll head down that path with modifications. It's that simple. They also could just end the franchise if they feel it's too unwieldy and have the remaining characters appear in various movies to fulfill their contracts. It's a sad fact of life but money makes the world go round.

The key is the prepublicity. They're going to have to get the public ready for whatever comes next. But they know all this.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
After Dr. Strange 2, multiverse of madness they can literally do anything.

One of the characters in the movie tells Wong and Strange they are in better shape in her universe and that pizza doesn't exist there.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Make Shuri the black panther. It would be the first movie with a black female lead to do a billion.

Also, do a tribute to Chadwick in the opening the way they did it for Stan at the beginning of Captain Marvel.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm fine if they recast the role. Have John David Washington pick up the role T'Challa.

If not, then as others have indicated just have Shuri become the new Black Panther.

Having Killmonger come back would be wack, especially with how much he fucked up Wakanda in the first BP movie.

This is all too early though, let his family and fans mourn....

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
marvel is good at casting, but recasting gonna be tricky, its gonna kind of like when heath ledger died. To me, nobody after him have done the joker role any justice like he did.