Now the triviality. Don't recast T'Challa and scrap Black Panther 2.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
This is what I've been saying and it makes the most sense because I believe they start filming in January

Agree with you about Shuri..she needs to get on the killmonger plan

I think that's just how her body is, skinny and fairly shapeless. And judging from the scenes I've seen, she's none too athletic either. That can be overcome somewhat by stunt doubles but sooner or later...
I'll have to check out some of her other work but as I said, she just doesn't have the chops, the presence, to carry a major role IMO.
Lupita is a weird chick but she's got the body but she's kinda awkward too. Danai, ah, she's got the body and we've seen she's quite athletic.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
This is what I've been saying and it makes the most sense because I believe they start filming in January

Agree with you about Shuri..she needs to get on the killmonger plan

I read, had Chadwick not passed, they were tentatively scheduled to begin shooting in March 2021 depending on where we were with COVID-19.

Now that he's passed unexpectedly I doubt they'll shoot at all in 2021 since they are basically starting from scratch especially with the script they had ready.

I think late 2021, early 2022 at best to begin filming which may not be a bad thing since rushing this could kill the franchise.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read, had Chadwick not passed, they were tentatively scheduled to begin shooting in March 2021 depending on where we were with COVID-19.

Now that he's passed unexpectedly I doubt they'll shoot at all in 2021 since they are basically starting from scratch especially with the script they had ready.

I think late 2021, early 2022 at best to begin filming which may not be a bad thing since rushing this could kill the franchise.
Bruh - they knew Boseman was checking out when he did. If there are any delays it is because of other things.

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
New 'Black Panther 2' Details Emerge, Including Filming Date and Villain
BY DREW TAYLOR2 HOURS AGO

It's still happening.

Nestled in the Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision newsletter are new details about Marvel Studios’ upcoming Black Panther 2. For one thing, it seems to indeed be happening which is very, very weird considering the recent, tragic death of leading man Chadwick Boseman (yes, the first film made over $1 billion worldwide but come on). And while the original production start date of March 2021 is no longer happening, the production has only shifted slightly, to July 2021. It’ll still be filmed primarily in Atlanta (hopefully there will be another international jaunt a la the original’s trip to South Korea) – and what’s more, they might have locked down one of the movie’s villains.

THR is reporting that Tenoch Huerta, from Netflix’s Narcos: Mexico, is in talks to play one of the baddies in Black Panther 2. It’s unclear who he will be playing so comic book nerds, start your speculation. Coogler famously wanted Kraven the Hunter to appear in the first film but couldn’t unmoor the character from the clutches of Sony’s deal (Kraven was primarily known as a Spider-Man villain and is included in the contract). Maybe he can get his wish this time around?

Again, it’s unclear what Black Panther 2 will be this time around and if other actors will feel inclined to return (or run the risk of negating the ironclad contracts for their multi-picture deal). It’s an incredibly unenviable situation and while it’s clear why Marvel Studios thinks that they should continue with the franchise, at this point it still feels wrong, like something of a betrayal to Boseman’s legacy. We shall see what happens.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
New 'Black Panther 2' Details Emerge, Including Filming Date and Villain
BY DREW TAYLOR2 HOURS AGO

It's still happening.

Nestled in the Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision newsletter are new details about Marvel Studios’ upcoming Black Panther 2. For one thing, it seems to indeed be happening which is very, very weird considering the recent, tragic death of leading man Chadwick Boseman (yes, the first film made over $1 billion worldwide but come on). And while the original production start date of March 2021 is no longer happening, the production has only shifted slightly, to July 2021. It’ll still be filmed primarily in Atlanta (hopefully there will be another international jaunt a la the original’s trip to South Korea) – and what’s more, they might have locked down one of the movie’s villains.

THR is reporting that Tenoch Huerta, from Netflix’s Narcos: Mexico, is in talks to play one of the baddies in Black Panther 2. It’s unclear who he will be playing so comic book nerds, start your speculation. Coogler famously wanted Kraven the Hunter to appear in the first film but couldn’t unmoor the character from the clutches of Sony’s deal (Kraven was primarily known as a Spider-Man villain and is included in the contract). Maybe he can get his wish this time around?

Again, it’s unclear what Black Panther 2 will be this time around and if other actors will feel inclined to return (or run the risk of negating the ironclad contracts for their multi-picture deal). It’s an incredibly unenviable situation and while it’s clear why Marvel Studios thinks that they should continue with the franchise, at this point it still feels wrong, like something of a betrayal to Boseman’s legacy. We shall see what happens.

So you know they got a whole other Black Panther movie that we’ll never see now. :(

Maybe they reuse some footage from that one but sounds like they are shooting a whole different movie now.

Wish there was a way to see what that movie could’ve been.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
So you know they got a whole other Black Panther movie that we’ll never see now. :(

Maybe they reuse some footage from that one but sounds like they are shooting a whole different movie now.

Wish there was a way to see what that movie could’ve been.
coogler is going to shoot a rush movie.. bp franchise is a wrap

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Yeah it likely is. This what I said in the beginning following the passing of Chadwick. It’s a tough place for the franchise to be in. This why I say they should’ve been directly working a sequel as soon as they had the first movie written. It took too long, I know they had to tie in the endgame storyline but after the reception of BP a sequel should’ve been a priority.

Marvel has to either find another Black super hero to dignify take peoples minds off BP then fit a recast of BP later down the line.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
Fuck this shit. It abuses the good name of Africa; ignores the one that
is there to create a fictitious one so that some people can feel good.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
as a result of this deal with disney watch them throw a black king out of his throne and come in with our nubian princess

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Industry rumors have Rege-Jean Page as the next BP with some sort of transition between Shuri and Nakia. Now, with the TV shows it's possible this backstory will all happen there and the movie will be mostly action.

Remember we've had plenty of characters introduced in Marvel before and they've always done a good job. No reason to think this will be any different.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck this shit. It abuses the good name of Africa; ignores the one that
is there to create a fictitious one so that some people can feel good.

whoa whoa whoa, I feel like this should be explored more!
I understand what your saying but I still want you to elaborate

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
This is a prime example of why I have such a problem with casual Marvel and DC fans.

First, I would argue that there are sooooooo many other black characters of Marvel that can be used to fill the void of Black Panther. I can make a list if anyone is interested. The most obvious person to fill the void would be Blue Marvel. He could easily be brought into the MCU, because he has always been there. In fact, because of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, there is a perfect way to introduce him. Before Captain Marvel, the 60's, he was the only "active avenger." No one knew he was black because he wore a mask. However, the government discovered his identity, he was forced to retire because the government didn't want their savior to be a black man. It is a deep and interesting story. Now, what Marvel could do is this. In the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Buckey introduces Sam to Isaiah Bradley. The first super soldier and the real First Captain America. The US did him dirty etc. He is bitter. Sam is disgusted about this, but is now intrigued about what other racist history is being withheld. Using his skills a counselor, he befriends Isaiah Bradley who one day tells him about another black "superhero" that is actually infinitely more powerful than him and any of the other Avengers. He tells him the story of Adam Bernard Brashear aka Blue Marvel. Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new billion-dollar title has been introduced.

However, for those who feel adamant that Black Panther has to remain an integral part of the MCU, here are just a few people who became the BP and it is canon within this current universe.

• S’Yan - He is the most obvious choice. Why?? Because he is T'Chaka's brother. Yep, T'Chaka had another brother and in the comics, he became BP after T'Chaka died and eventually "gave" the title of BP to T'Challa when he was old enough to take the mantle.
  • Kevin Cole - He is a black police officer who "commandeered" a BP suit (long story.) He took on the role of the BP to fill the void because he knew how much BP meant to the people, particularly black people and black kids.
  • Shuri - We all know that this is sister. But, I am going to tell you why she would be the best choice. Shuri was adamant about not becoming BP. This in itself is a great story and has depth. However, it was one important person who finally convinced her to take up the mantle. Who??? It was no other than Ororo Munroe aka Storm. Yep, Storm. Fans would get a two for one and this could seamlessly weave in Mutants into the MCU.
  • Queen Veranke - This would be a one-off story. So, when T'Challa disappeared, a shapeshifter named Queen Veranke pretended to be BP and started the second Avengers Civil War. They could either keep the same or similar story or they could have a rogue Skrull do the same thing.

I shared all that to say...........chill on the recasting talk. Marvel has so many other options if they really want to keep BP in the MCU. It was unfortunate that we lost CB. But, I would rather his legacy remain intake and they just move on.

Again, I am a pure comic fan. I love both DC and Marvel. I just want good content.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rege-Jean Page Rumored to be MCU's New Black Panther

A story of progress: Regé-Jean Page

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
The new Tchalla should be nobody but John David Washington. It’s either him or Bust.
I Could Accept That...... But I Still Say Keep It In the Family..... Make It That TChalla Saved Killmonger and He Takes Up the Mantle to Redeem Himself and Finally Have a Proper Place in Wakanda :yes: