BGOL Investor
Well we found out who
Yup. :smh:

SYZ6v2.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I love Melo...

But this is a lot more about HIS DECISIONS.

Forcing the Knick trade made the already shitty owner get involved and prematurely f*ck it up.

And the whole Jeremy lin thing right OR wrong looked bad.

Not listening to Bron or Paul and always looking to get paid and not long term defined him.

It's not ALL his fault cause he was a PURE hall of fame scorer...

But the game changed he didn't

Which confuses me cause Olympic Melo was dope as hell!

Last edited:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is always gonna get negative press cause he marched with the people in Baltimore BEFORE PUBLIC OPINION STARTED TURNING and wore hoodies for Trayvon.

That's when the press started calling him a malcontent. It didn't turn cool until wade and lebron joined in.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's easy as the leader to be like that's my guy he ain't the problem these rumors are crazy let's just get back to basketball lol

lets do a little bgol not podcast but blogcast (Straight Cash Homie) with Bills & Playa

a little sports psychology talk...

1. What is the big deal about coming off the bench in the NBA specifically? Where there is a long PROUD 6 man tradition.

2. Why do some players APPEAR to play no defense? Is it merely they lack the talent? Is it a lack of commitment? Is it a question of "saving" energy?

3. Why is Melo so damn good in the Olympics?

4. Do you subscribe to the old sports adage "Addition by Subtraction"? Can LOSING a quality player EVER make a team (in ANY sport) BETTER?

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Trevor Ariza was key to that team, as he was to the Lakers...

They key didn't do SHIT in that game 7 last year, and Luc didn't even play that series because of injury.

Besides Ennis was supposed to replace Ariza. D'Antoni was glowing over this dude talking about he's a lockdown defender how he's going to be an All-Star someday. And all that happened before Melo got there. Melo was actually brought in to replace Ryan Anderson, and he's more than done that.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Why is Carmelo Anthony so hated?
:dunno:

I'm just wondering. This thread and this whole rumor situation in general seems more about how much Melo is disliked vs actual basketball takes.

As a Rockets fan and someone who has watched games you can't blame the sluggish start on Melo. Yet he's being made out to be the scape goat.

Paul missed a few games for the fight
Harden missed a few due to injury
Went from top 10 last year to number 28 defensively this year
Field goal percentage one of the worst in the league

Tell me how ANY of that is Melo fault?

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
five teams in about 2 years
Knicks
OKC
ATL
Hou
Philly

horrible way to end a Hall of Fame of career but usually the end is hella messy

True. I can't recall in recent history when a Hall of Fame player went out like this without a significant injury. Just laziness/stubborness.

Let's just televise Lifetime Fitness games so we can get Hoodie Melo.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I'm starting to think I may be wrong...

There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

This dude might be on his way out, and I'd be pissed at the Rockets for doing it. You can't blame one player for the faults of your team when you're playing badly.

I just strongly dislike all the Melo hate. McGrady cock eyed ass said the nigga need to retire :smh:

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm starting to think I may be wrong...

There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

This dude might be on his way out, and I'd be pissed at the Rockets for doing it. You can't blame one player for the faults of your team when you're playing badly.

I just strongly dislike all the Melo hate. McGrady cock eyed ass said the nigga need to retire :smh:

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

I agree it's the social media conundrum where Twitter tells everyone how to think. There should not be this much hate towards Melo hell I'll take him as a Sixers.
Be honest and tell me who's a better NBA players and had a better career
Both players played at Allstar/Hall of Fame level
Each player was good at scoring and are now playing well past their prime. They both move team to team but only the one that is outspoken on social issues is being told its time to retire him.
Compare the career an
Current season stats between Melo and Vince Carter

Last edited:
Reactions: LSN

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LA should be his next stop. Lebron and Rondo (when he returns) can get him easy buckets in rhythm while keeping the tempo up.