Melo Out of Houston Very Soon!!!!!!!

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hell no... Where ever Melo goes that team is sure to underachieve.

And he would slow the development of Kuzma and Ingram. The Lakers aren't great defensively as it is already... adding a negative defender in Melo makes them even worse.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Its beyond Melo, CP3 been straight garbage this year. Like I said in the NBA thread, he fleeced the he hell out the Rockets with that max contract. No way in hell you give a point guard almost 34 years old that type of money.

It was a low risk gamble with Melo, so I don't knock the Rockets kicking the tires on him.

Plus CP3 guaranteed to disappear in playoffs with those pnut brittle and glass wheels and hamstrings he got. He ain’t fooling nobody

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
Sure, he fell short of his goal of a NBA championship. And the last 2-3 years weren't ideal. He has had a great career on every level of basketball. I hope he's given the opportunity to retire on his own terms. And not be pushed out of the league.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dude let Dantoni finish him :smh:. Talk about some old school mafia get back. Melo should have known better, for only 2.5M.

Dantoni is such a vengeful motherfucker, they won't even just release him, they are going to hold him till Dec. 15. That's cold ass fuck.
Well at least he made over 100M, has a few Gold medals and single handed brought Syracuse a chip.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Dude let Dantoni finish him :smh:. Talk about some old school mafia get back. Melo should have known better, for only 2.5M.

Dantoni is such a vengeful motherfucker, they won't even just release him, they are going to hold him till Dec. 15. That's cold ass fuck.
Well at least he made over 100M, has a few Gold medals and single handed brought Syracuse a chip.

no one can convince me that d’antoni isn’t cheesing hard as hell on the inside over this shit...no one...now all of a sudden they’re cleaning up the warriors...granted curry is out but still

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rockets offense running a lot more fluid the past couple games. This is the offense we saw last year. The whole team was playing like shit the first few weeks, it wasn't just Melo but there is a noticable difference that their defense has gotten way better since he left. If Melo is not knocking down shots, he's a major defensive liability.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Melo needs LA not the other way around, I agree.

Its a moot point cuz according to 1 "Jordan/Iverson turned Warrior" stan on BGOL no one wants to play with LeBron or the Los Angeles Lakers. They want to play in San Fran with Steph getting paid crumbs to win him a chip. :giggle:

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Philly needs the scoring if you combine Ben Simmons with Carmelo you get Lebron James.
You now have great perimeter defense and a rim protector add in Wilson Chandler on ball defender . Melo fits perfect for a 6'10 point guard that will not shoot. He can stop those long 21-0 or 7 min scoring droughts.
Carmelo is a better player than all of the following old stiffs no one is blackballin
Kyle Korver
Kevin Love
Serge Ibaka
Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitski

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Philly needs the scoring if you combine Ben Simmons with Carmelo you get Lebron James.
You now have great perimeter defense and a rim protector add in Wilson Chandler on ball defender . Melo fits perfect for a 6'10 point guard that will not shoot. He can stop those long 21-0 or 7 min scoring droughts.
Carmelo is a better player than all of the following old stiffs no one is blackballin
Kyle Korver
Kevin Love
Serge Ibaka
Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitski

Im sorry, bruh, you lost me here.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Kyle Korver
Kevin Love
Serge Ibaka
Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitski

can’t front...I’m intrigued by the prospect of melo going to philly

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Kyle Korver
Kevin Love
Serge Ibaka
Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitski

Hold up, Serge? You sure about that? In theory, Melo is better. But I don't believe he's more effective than Ibaka at this point.

Kevin is toast. Dirk and Vince are "company guys."

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
he’s earned it @ this point...that’d be sick...all the “he’s washed” up talks would immediately transform into “how unfair” is that
that's how it goes. people will forget he just got cut.
he'd be good on the 2nd unit and it would be a situation where he wouldn't feel like he should be starting like he probably felt in houston
that's no disrespect to houston but melo in his mind probably felt he was better than the 3 and the 4 man that were in front of him
he knows he ain't better than kd or draymond at this point in his career so he'd feel good doing his scoring and that's it also no pressure come in score then go sit down

if swaggy p could do it im confident melo could

Reactions: LSN

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that's how it goes. people will forget he just got cut.
he'd be good on the 2nd unit and it would be a situation where he wouldn't feel like he should be starting like he probably felt in houston
that's no disrespect to houston but melo in his mind probably felt he was better than the 3 and the 4 man that were in front of him
he knows he ain't better than kd or draymond at this point in his career so he'd feel good doing his scoring and that's it also no pressure come in score then go sit down

if swaggy p could do it im confident melo could

But at this stage in his career he's not better than Bell, Iggy, Mckinnie or Livingston who should see the floor before Melo. If Melo goes to GS, the only time he plays is if a reserve is out or there's a blowout, you think he's gonna be cool with that?

Why would the Warriors be seriously interested in him with their team loaded at his position?

Father time has caught up with him and a lot of cats think he can still give a team starter numbers. If Melo can humbly accept that he's not a star anymore like Vince Carter has, he can be a role player for somebody. I don't think his pride will allow that though.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
But at this stage in his career he's not better than Bell, Iggy, Mckinnie or Livingston who should see the floor before Melo. If Melo goes to GS, the only time he plays is if a reserve is out or there's a blowout, you think he's gonna be cool with that?

Why would the Warriors be seriously interested in him with their team loaded at his position?

Father time has caught up with him and a lot of cats think he can still give a team starter numbers. If Melo can humbly accept that he's not a star anymore like Vince Carter has, he can be a role player for somebody. I don't think his pride will allow that though.

If hear on gs he comes in with the 2nd unit to score then sits down it's easy money and most of all no pressure

I don't think it'll happen nor do I actually want it to happen
Just theoretically if he was to join

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im sorry, bruh, you lost me here.
It's a stretch but Ben can pass, defend, rebound and run the fast break. The one missing aspect is a mid range or 3pt shot. What I was trying to say is by adding both of their skill set together you will have the equivalent of Lebron.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Is this it for Melo?
‘You’re not going to get better in two weeks, you’re going to get older in two weeks. It’s a young guy’s league.’

UP NEXT FROM SPORTS
AP_18276118936747-e1542369867231.jpg

Houston Rockets forward Carmelo Anthony prepares to play against the Memphis Grizzlies during the first half of a preseason NBA basketball game Oct. 2, in Birmingham, Alabama. Butch Dill/AP Photo
BY MARC J. SPEARS@MARCJSPEARSESPN
November 16, 2018
HOUSTON – Two former Houston Rockets hung out near the locker rooms after their old team routed the Golden State Warriors 107-86 on Thursday night. One was Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady, the other was former defensive player of the year Marcus Camby. Both have differing opinion on the future of Carmelo Anthony, the 10-time All-Star with the street cred whose career is at a crossroads.

McGrady recently said on ESPN’s The Jump that Anthony should retire. But Camby begged to differ.

“He has a couple great years left,” Camby said. “I personally feel he got a bad rap on things. Coming here to Houston was a tough offense to play in when you’re not a spot-up 3-point shooter. I hope he continues to play.”

The Rockets bid farewell to Anthony on Thursday by announcing he would not be returning to the team. A source said the Rockets will likely waive the 10-time All-Star soon if his agent, Leon Rose, can’t locate a team that is interested in Anthony.

Anthony, who has a career scoring average of 24 points per game, scored two points on 1-of-11 shooting in his last game as a Rocket on Nov. 8. Could it be Melo’s last game ever?

ADVERTISEMENT
“It’s whatever he decides,” former NBA guard and current Houston Rockets player development coach John Lucas told The Undefeated. “His legacy is intact. What I shared with him was knowledge from the view of an older player. Do I sell my soul to continue to play a game that may not love me the way I love it still?”

Anthony has the 19th-most points in NBA history (25,551) and is third among active players. Picked two spots behind LeBron James in the 2003 draft, Anthony has been a lightning rod since his cornrow days in Denver Nuggets powder blue. His scoring mentality throughout the years, in particular, has often been a topic of debate.

Still, Anthony’s resume stacks up with Rockets stars Chris Paul and 2018 NBA MVP James Harden. It just didn’t work in Houston after so much fanfare over his arrival.

A source said the Rockets were worried Anthony was a bad fit as far back as their voluntary camp in the Bahamas in late August. The Rockets already had the necessary scorers in Harden, Paul and Eric Gordon. What they needed was a spot-up 3-point shooter who could get back on defense. In short, the Rockets needed Trevor Ariza, who departed for the riches offered by the Phoenix Suns as a free agent last summer. Out of sync offensively and being picked on by foes defensively since Melo arrived, Houston knew it had a problem.

“It was like a cloud,” one Rockets source said. “It wasn’t a fit. [coach] Mike [D’Antoni] was put into a bad spot.”

D’Antoni said it was hard to part with a star who has never been waived before.

“We all wanted it to work. It just didn’t happen,” D’Antoni said. “And you feel bad for it, but to say, ‘Now we gotta do our jobs, and we gotta make some hard decisions.’ And the one thing I just didn’t ever want to disrespect was him or his career, going in the Hall of Fame. And you try to do the best thing and you don’t make all the right decisions for sure. But he was great, and we tried to make it work, it just didn’t work out.”

Rockets center Nene was Anthony’s teammate with the Denver Nuggets when Anthony was a rookie. A longtime starter and the only remaining active player from the 2002 NBA draft, Nene said he adapted to a backup role as a necessity to keep his NBA career alive.

Dominique Wilkins: ‘Father Time don’t wait for no one, man’Read now
For Anthony to revive his NBA career, Nene believes his former colleague has to change his game.

“Melo has always been a great player, legendary, a Hall of Famer,” Nene said. “But it’s like having a beautiful picture that is supposed to be a puzzle. It doesn’t matter how beautiful the picture is if the puzzle doesn’t fit. Melo is still a great player. He just didn’t fit here. It’s hard.

“He can still play in this league. I can only speak for myself and what happened with me. It’s all the same. When you’ve been in the league, you have to understand that time goes. Things change and you got to change yourself. A lot of older players like Vince Carter change themselves and accept new [styles]. I accepted a new [style], too.”

Several NBA stars such as James and Dwyane Wade wondered if Anthony was the Rockets’ scapegoat for the team’s poor start. But for anyone listening, the Rockets coaches and executives strongly state that Anthony was professional and willing to accept any role.

On Nov. 9, the decision to let Anthony go had been made. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey met with Anthony that day in San Antonio to give him the bad news, a source said. Anthony took the news like a “punch in the gut,” but remained professional, a source said.

Before departing from the Rockets for good, Anthony spoke to Lucas, who has mentored NBA players for decades. Lucas had even told his son, Minnesota Timberwolves assistant coach John Lucas III, that it was time for him to retire at age 34 from the NBA because he wasn’t good enough anymore. Lucas said he had a heart-to-heart conversation with Anthony about the keys to succeeding in the NBA as an elder statesman.

“The ego of wanting and ego with the game is hard,” Lucas said.

Perhaps it was for the best. Could you really see Anthony getting consistent DNP-CDs? Could you see Anthony playing just five minutes? That would have been the case had he stayed. It was bad enough that he lost his spot in the rotation to an undrafted two-way player in Gary Clark. Moreover, Anthony was asked to come off the bench after starting the first 1,054 games of his career.

The Rockets believed that if the popular star got DNPs and low minutes, it could have resulted in a distracting media fascination daily, a source said. Sources added that D’Antoni felt pressure to play the six-time All-NBA selection just because of his superstar status.

The Rockets are 3-1 since moving on from Anthony.

“He has such a big shadow, a big name that gets a bad rap,” Lucas said of Anthony. “It’s not him. It’s his aura. He could have accepted any role. But thing is, when you get to be an older pro, you get caught up in the business of basketball and the game of basketball.

“So, when your career starts to wind down, i.e., Karl Malone, i.e., Gary Payton, i.e., a lot of greats who begin to move around, you figure out how important that it is. You’re not going to get better in two weeks, you’re going to get older in two weeks. It’s a young guy’s league.”

Stay undefeated with our culture newsletter
If another opportunity does arise for Anthony, he needs to ask himself if it’s worth it. It is hard to fit into a new team a month into the season or even later. And don’t forget his struggles with the Oklahoma City Thunder last season, too. One Western Conference team executive said don’t be surprised if a team doesn’t show interest in Anthony until after the trade deadline on Feb. 7, 2019.

Others are more optimistic.

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green believes there is an NBA team out there for his old USA Basketball teammate that will be a better fit. Anthony previously turned down the Miami Heat and also the Portland Trail Blazers twice, sources said. As for Green’s Warriors, a source said the two-time defending champs have no interest despite having a roster spot open.

“Of course, he can still play in this league,” Green said. “There is no doubt in my mind.

“He’s still Melo.”

And that’s the heart of the matter.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If hear on gs he comes in with the 2nd unit to score then sits down it's easy money and most of all no pressure

I don't think it'll happen nor do I actually want it to happen
Just theoretically if he was to join

I think it could work...

he could really be Olympic Melo on golden State

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think it could work...

he could really be Olympic Melo on golden State

Melo holds the ball too long

and he never learned to shoot off the pass instead of off a dribble

He has had open shots the past two years, he just missed them