Rising Star
BGOL Investor
still dead @ “grobble”...isn’t that the sound the hamburglar made? :lol:

robble_robble.png
:giggle:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Melo would put the Sixers over the top he has a killer instinct is not afraid to shoot and with Ben Jimmy Butler/ Markelle driving they can kick it out to Melo he can knock down an open shot at 25-30 mins a game or in crunch time if Embiid is double down low. When they want to run a defensive set you substitute Melo with Wilson Chandler

Starters:
Fultz
Butler
Melo
Simmons
Embiid

J.J. Reddick
Wilson Chandler
Mike Muscala
Amir Johnson
T.J.McConnell
Add J.R. Smith or Korver

Rookies:
Shamet
Zhaire Smith
Melo isnt putting any team over the top....

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Melo isnt putting any team over the top....
Philly is half way between NYC and Baltimore his two hometowns plus being from BMore he will be a good veteran role model to help Markelle Fultz. He will be able to take all of the shots he wants en wants know parts of shooting the ball

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lots cats in here talking about stuff they don't know about.

Atl didn't get rid of Melo based on talent, they just used his contract. They were rebuilding and keeping costly veterans ain't part of the plan.

Melo is hated by crackas for his contract more than anything else and even that hate is misplaced. He did not take a max contract in NY, he left some money on the table to help the team, and it ain't his fault Phil gave him a no trade clause.

Dude is a collegiate champion and MVP of a Gold Medal Olympic team, and Jordan in his prime wouldn't have led them Knicks squads to a championship.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone with a brain knew this shit wouldn't work out. Melo is done. If he can't flourish in a Rockets offense that gives you the green light to do what you want? I don't know who he can play for.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Anyone with a brain knew this shit wouldn't work out. Melo is done. If he can't flourish in a Rockets offense that gives you the green light to do what you want? I don't know who he can play for.
if you watch their games he really doesnt have a green light
hes in the same position he was in last yr where he has to wait for someone to dribble the clock out and then he gets his shot
cp3 and harden both hold that bitch for 20 secs or more
thats just not what hes good at

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I like outsiders speculating on home team.

Melo ain't the problem. Defense is. The defensive coach had some personal issues to handle, so he retired at the end of last season. Since he's retired The owner has kept in touch with him and he's talked him into coming back at the end of the month after he's wrapped up things at home.

Also, Morey has come out publicly and said Melo is good and will remain with the team.

Melo has been a model teammate since being here. Bench, starting, don't matter... He's played and done what's asked of him. It's not fair to point to him and say he's the blame for the Rockets poor start. Niggas ain't shooting good and defense is ass. That has nothing to do with Melo.

It'll come around...

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
He can always come to Cleveland he can go for 60 every night.......

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Philly is half way between NYC and Baltimore his two hometowns plus being from BMore he will be a good veteran role model to help Markelle Fultz. He will be able to take all of the shots he wants en wants know parts of shooting the ball
I really dont care where Melo is from; that doesnt make a difference in his play. Hes not a good model for any young player and hes not taking as many shots as he wants; his game doesnt fit with Philly; and quite frankly his game isnt going to fit with any of these teams...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if you watch their games he really doesnt have a green light
hes in the same position he was in last yr where he has to wait for someone to dribble the clock out and then he gets his shot
cp3 and harden both hold that bitch for 20 secs or more
thats just not what hes good at

I mean he has a green light to shoot terrible shots if he wants to. Harden and Paul dominate the ball because they have to. That shit almost got them to the Finals. Melo just isn't a good fit. He's not a spot up shooter.

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
I like outsiders speculating on home team.

Melo ain't the problem. Defense is. The defensive coach had some personal issues to handle, so he retired at the end of last season. Since he's retired The owner has kept in touch with him and he's talked him into coming back at the end of the month after he's wrapped up things at home.

Also, Morey has come out publicly and said Melo is good and will remain with the team.

Melo has been a model teammate since being here. Bench, starting, don't matter... He's played and done what's asked of him. It's not fair to point to him and say he's the blame for the Rockets poor start. Niggas ain't shooting good and defense is ass. That has nothing to do with Melo.

It'll come around...
I think that defensive void is horrible with no Ariza or LBM to defend. I think the pick and roll will kill Houston against any decent big man at this point. Teams are putting CP3 and Tucker in that pick n roll and just abusing them. It doesn't help when Harden can also be pick and rolled to death. The other teams guards are forcing Capela to commit, then dumping to the man one pass away with no fear of weak side help lol. Montrezl Harrell destroyed houston......Montrezl fucking Harrell lol. Melo is not the problem, but he's not the solution either. Hes just as anemic on D, especially if his shot isn't falling. I think the tempo Houston want to hit, may be too fast for him making him the trailer on many plays, instead of getting some post work. Their defense can only get better I think, but teams are putting up numbers this year. I want to see them do better. Good win tonight on the Pacers. Looks like harden chuckin 3s and drawing fouls did it lol.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I think that defensive void is horrible with no Ariza or LBM to defend. I think the pick and roll will kill Houston against any decent big man at this point. Teams are putting CP3 and Tucker in that pick n roll and just abusing them. It doesn't help when Harden can also be pick and rolled to death. The other teams guards are forcing Capela to commit, then dumping to the man one pass away with no fear of weak side help lol. Montrezl Harrell destroyed houston......Montrezl fucking Harrell lol. Melo is not the problem, but he's not the solution either. Hes just as anemic on D, especially if his shot isn't falling. I think the tempo Houston want to hit, may be too fast for him making him the trailer on many plays, instead of getting some post work. Their defense can only get better I think, but teams are putting up numbers this year. I want to see them do better. Good win tonight on the Pacers. Looks like harden chuckin 3s and drawing fouls did it lol.
You do realize this was only game 12, right? Teams have to gel and get used to playing with one another.

Good point about tempo, as ariza did run the floor well. But the nigga only scored like 3 points in the last 7 quarters I read somewhere. I'll pass on that. Defense will come around I'm sure once that coach gets back. Until then we just need to find our shot and hold it down. It's a long season that's barely getting started...2 games under is nothing when you think of what's out in front of us.

We'll be fine

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Hell no. Don't do that to me fam. I don't want dat nigga at the Wells Fargo Center :smh:

FwYjSC.jpg

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hell no. Don't do that to me fam. I don't want dat nigga at the Wells Fargo Center :smh:

FwYjSC.jpg
Maybe I should have used the term Big Brother and not role model. Melo > Wilson Chandler/Mike Muscala/ Jonah Bolden
With all the B.S in Houston he is still 13.5 pts and 5.5 rebounds coming off the bench

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Per ESPN’s Tim MacMahon and Adrian Wojnarowski:

For the second straight night, Anthony was not with the team Sunday because of an illness, according to the Rockets.

Morey, who held a rare pregame news conference to address the situation with the struggling veteran forward, tepidly said he expects Anthony to play again when healthy.

“One of the reasons I’m here, besides it’s 10 games in, about, is I think there’s just a lot of unfair, like, rumors and everything going around about him,” Morey said before Sunday’s game against the Indiana Pacers. “He’s been great with us. As Coach [Mike D’Antoni] said yesterday, his approach has been great. He’s accepted every role Coach has given him — starting, off the bench, whatever it’s been.

“We’re struggling as a team, and it’s my job, it’s Coach’s job to figure this thing out. But from guy one to guy 15 — and I’ll put myself in there; a lot of this is on me right now — we’re not playing well. We’ve just got to figure it out. We’re evaluating everything.”

A starter for 15 seasons, Anthony’s been a reserve during his time in Houston and doesn’t look like he’ll be entering the starting lineup anytime soon if he ends up staying with the team.

According to league sources, the Rockets and Anthony had discussions this week about his role, which could be reduced even more if he remains on the roster.

“I know, like Daryl said, they’re exploring all options,” D’Antoni said. “With everybody coming back, it squeezes some things, and then we’ll see how it goes.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It Sure Sounds Like The Rockets And Carmelo Anthony Are Done With Each Other

Samer Kalaf

Today 12:41am
Filed to: HOUSTON ROCKETS
8Save
lsz2wqi7rmzf9w5ruwd5.jpg

Photo: Bob Levey (Getty Images)
Carmelo Anthony has missed the Houston Rockets’ last two games with an illness. The only cure for it sounds like a buyout.

Melo’s dreadful 1-for-11 performance in Houston’s loss last Thursday to the Thunder appears to have sparked a reevaluation from the Rockets, who signed him in August to a one-year, $2.4 million deal. Although Anthony prepared normally for Friday’s game against the Spurs, he was scratched, before the team reportedly sat him down for a “What are we?” conversation:

ad

On Sunday, Marc Stein of the New York Times reported that the team and Anthony would be parting ways in some fashion, which would be an odd way to treat a sick player:

Also before Sunday’s game against the Pacers, Rockets GM Daryl Morey tried to clear the air. He insisted that Anthony was ill, but somewhat tipped his hand when talking about the player in the long term. When Morey was asked whether Melo would finish the season on Houston’s roster, he said, “I would answer that the same as every player on the roster. We have to figure out ... everything.” Morey was adamant that the organization was “evaluating everything.”

It wouldn’t hurt to evaluate everything on the Rockets, because they look like crap. The team is 5-7, and as Morey said, everyone’s shooting poorly. Chris Paul’s at .385 through nine games. The GM might have not publicly said this was the end of the road, but according to ESPN’s Tim MacMahonlate Sunday night, the team is believing it as such:

Through 10 games, Anthony definitely hasn’t been great, and he’s had his minutes sapped by undrafted rookie Gary Clark. The role he wants doesn’t really exist for him in Houston. When the Rockets are done “evaluating,” perhaps they’ll decide that Melo’s mere existence is making everyone else worse, but man, what a fall from grace. This is a team that gave a chance to Josh Smith when he was one of the worst players in the NBA, and then brought him back the next season. Meanwhile, Carmelo Anthony’s being treated like he’s in hospice.