Mayweather vs. Mosley-Who Wins?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Don't get me wrong, I think Floyd could've beaten Casa but Casa was that dude at lightweight during that period. Granted, the fight everyone was asking for was Corrales and Floyd and Floyd dished out one of the all time great ass whuppins ever witnessed. But technically speaking and experience wise, Casa was the guy who would've given Floyd the true test at lightweight. I also think Floyd could've beaten Kostya rather easily since he is way too disciplined to make the mistake that Zab did in getting cocky. Zab was whuppin his ass in tat first round and Floyd could've done that for twelve rounds against Kostya but when a dudes timing is that nasty.......I mean he threw that right hand on Zab and Sharmba where they were going to be and the punch and Zab/Sharmba, got there at the same time, timing like that is rare. Floyd prolly said "why risk it". We'll go up to welter. Also call me crazy but I sincerely think that Cory Spinks would've given Floyd a problem initially, probably wouldn't have ever beaten Floyd but Spinks was cute and slick and very fast and technically sound and a southpaw. That would not have been a money fight either, would've been like watching paint dry or a plant grow.

Freitas had donkey kick power in his punches when him, casa, and pbf had belts at lightweight. I honestly think they both would have given him trouble for the simple fact they never fought. The chico fight was not all pbf than it was chico's issues. He drained himself to drop weight and he was going to jail. It was very bad timing. Plus PBF was all in his head with that beating women drama which is just like the manny steriods stuff. Corey I agree would have and still would be pbf problems. But that is the type of fighters bf stays away from. Samething with kostya and Shane. To me both fighters could have handled themselves well against them. Kostya was a beast. He made everybody he fought pay a deadly price. He did jab his way to victory. He was hurting people.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Freitas and Kostya don't mean as much to me as Casa. Casayor slipped my mind. I think Casamayor was a problem that kept getting robbed. I think Kostya might have been the only real money out the three but after Hatton I lost a lot of respect for dude. Anyway, Floyd did beat niggas that got W's over niggas that these cat's lost to... Casamayor v Floyd would have been great.

Tim Bradley is that next dude, but honestly he doesn't need to fuck with Floyd or Manny.

How can you lose respect for him cause of one fight. Not only was he a unified champ he beat all the number one contenders. When you actually put yourself out they you can lose. plus he was slowing down and that young buck caught him. Ricky was on his game that fight and he was fighting at his weight class. That is something pbf didn't fight. Still history will easily see that ricky's win over kostya was greater than pbf over ricky for those points.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Shane Mosley did not make his debut at welter against Oscar but yeah, Oscar thought he was facing a smaller dude and would win easily. I don't think he was cherry picking against Hopkins. I don't recall Hopkins having shown any signs of being beatable at the time. Actually, when Oscar fought Hops, I finally had respect for Oscar. He seemed to be truly stepping up for a big fight without an asterisk next to it. I say finally but in reality he had stepped up in similar fashion against Trinidad and Quartey although his performances were not very good. I thought he drew with Trinidad and should have lost to Quartey. Anyway, fighting Hops when he did took balls. I was shocked that he was actually able to outbox Hops for several rounds and I was not impressed at all by Hops. He did what he had to do though when his trainer got in his ass about losing rounds. He said "fuck the boxing" mauled Oscar and got him out of there.

In general though, I think Oscar was one of the best cherrypickers of all time starting from the lightweight days. He made huge fights with a past his prime Chavez, fooled people many times into believing he was the real deal by destroying guys that had already been softened up by Tito Trinidad (Oba Carr, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga, Yory Boy Campas).

However, when it was time for Oscar to fight guys young and fresh like himself, Trinidad and Quartey, he was not blowing through those guys and in many eyes lost. That's why I can't sit here like the rest of you guys and say Floyd is the master of defense and would just easily beat everybody. Floyd should have to prove his so called mastery against young guys like Williams, Berto, Martinez, Pac, and even Cintron. Mosley is good but he is older and he was looking shot before the Margarito fight.

Like Buk says though, the Mosley fight isn't signed. This might all be moot and based on Floyd's history, I couldn't be too surprised if the fight with Mosley didn't come off.

I didn't think Hopkins was anything like shot when Oscar picked him but apparently Oscar did, especially looking as bad as he did in the most blatant robbery of his career: the Sturm victory.
He didn't step up in fighting Trinidad and Quartey. Those were battles of equals, like a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight would be (DLH-Trinidad would be most similar in scale).

No matter what you want to say, you can break down all the opponents Oscar has fought and say this or that about them, we can't do that with Floyd because he hasn't fought any in years so trying to put Oscar under the microscope is all well and good, just know that Floyd's resume STILL doesn't compare to Oscar's or Mosley's or Pac's. You guys can come up with a whole bunch of reasons and rationalizations for Floyd but the FACTS are that since lightweight, Floyd has fought no one of consequence and has straight DUCKED anybody who people perceived as a threat. Those are facts. And Quartey LOST when he got put down by Oscar in the last round. And Oscar fighting Chavez was about getting the support of the Mexican public, the rematch he wanted because Chavez straight disrespected him after their first fight and Oscar wanted to whup his ass. And as much as I love Pernell, he tried to win that fight with a jab and flashy defense. Most of the punches he landed were jabs. I would've been happy with a draw, but it was no highway robbery, not like say, Mayweather/Castillo. Where Jose clearly outlanded Floyd by landslide numbers in the second half and was robbed.
IT's funny, Oscar fights everyone and their moms and guys come up with reasons why it was bullshit. Floyd DOESN'T fight anybody and u guys give him a pass and even help come up with reasons why he shouldn't fight them, I don't get it. That nicca's a fraud, point blank end of story. And if he doesn't fight Mosley, that cat will just be a joke to me. And I disagree with u about Floyd would've fought all those guys because they were big money. You still don't understand that Floyd is in love with his record, he wouldn't risk it even for fifty million. Oscar fought and ko'd Vargas when Vargas was pumped full of steroids and knocking OScar across the ring with every shot. Why won't Floyd fight lil ass PAcman even if he is juicing? Pacman is a cheater in my eyes but Floyd is starting to look like a straight coward.

I agree that DLH and Pacquiao have flashier resumes but a lot of those fighters were not real threats. And Mosley's resume isn't as flashy and can't be considered better than Mayweather's. He's got two DLH fights, the two Forrest and Wright fights and the Vargas and Mayorga fights. That's two great fighters and some good ones (Oscar and Winky). He's got two fights with Wright and Forrest because he's stupid. There was nothing in his first loss to those men that said he would win a rematch but it got him a couple nice paydays. Vargas and Mayorga? Not when Shane fought them and neither was elite before.
There is nothing about not fighting a guy that you think is cheating. There is no "lil Pacman" compared to Mayweather since they're almost the same size.
Since it's hypothetical either way, I think it's clear that he would have fit at least a couple of those guys on his fight card (Not Hagler, he was middleweight). He loves his 0 but a guy who says "legacies don't pay bills" would take a Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns payday if available. He would have jumped at Duran, considering how vulnerable Duran was to mobile counterpunchers. Those were the guys fighting in football stadiums and on ABC and getting the commercials. That would have been the attraction. Plus back then, a loss didn't practically end your career. Boxing was more like MMA in the 80s. Hearns lost both of his BIG fights and is still revered. Paul Williams lost to Carlos Quintana and HBO dropped him and didn't air his next two fights (both first rd. kos in two different weight classes that would have shot his profile a lot higher and helped make him an attraction.
Floyd's resume at welter isn't as sparkling as it was at lightweight but that goes back to what I've always said about him sacrificing hardcore fan love for double digit million dollar payoffs.

merce77

Star
Registered
I didn't think Hopkins was anything like shot when Oscar picked him but apparently Oscar did, especially looking as bad as he did in the most blatant robbery of his career: the Sturm victory.
He didn't step up in fighting Trinidad and Quartey. Those were battles of equals, like a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight would be (DLH-Trinidad would be most similar in scale).

I agree that DLH and Pacquiao have flashier resumes but a lot of those fighters were not real threats. And Mosley's resume isn't as flashy and can't be considered better than Mayweather's. He's got two DLH fights, the two Forrest and Wright fights and the Vargas and Mayorga fights. That's two great fighters and some good ones (Oscar and Winky). He's got two fights with Wright and Forrest because he's stupid. There was nothing in his first loss to those men that said he would win a rematch but it got him a couple nice paydays. Vargas and Mayorga? Not when Shane fought them and neither was elite before.
There is nothing about not fighting a guy that you think is cheating. There is no "lil Pacman" compared to Mayweather since they're almost the same size.
Since it's hypothetical either way, I think it's clear that he would have fit at least a couple of those guys on his fight card (Not Hagler, he was middleweight). He loves his 0 but a guy who says "legacies don't pay bills" would take a Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns payday if available. He would have jumped at Duran, considering how vulnerable Duran was to mobile counterpunchers. Those were the guys fighting in football stadiums and on ABC and getting the commercials. That would have been the attraction. Plus back then, a loss didn't practically end your career. Boxing was more like MMA in the 80s. Hearns lost both of his BIG fights and is still revered. Paul Williams lost to Carlos Quintana and HBO dropped him and didn't air his next two fights (both first rd. kos in two different weight classes that would have shot his profile a lot higher and helped make him an attraction.
Floyd's resume at welter isn't as sparkling as it was at lightweight but that goes back to what I've always said about him sacrificing hardcore fan love for double digit million dollar payoffs.

Dave, I like you but after some of your comments here, I'm done discussing this subject with you. I can't believe you just said that Mosley's resume isn't better than Floyd's, apparently you are the only cat I know who's fixed himself to say that. Floyd's resume at welter: Judah, Mitchell, MArquez, Hatton and Baldomir, and 2 of those cats, Marquez and Hatton - are not welters. The niccas a joke, sorry, but no argument can be made for this dude. Peace.

Last edited:

merce77

Star
Registered
TOLD YA'LL.....

Mayweather balks at Mosley, Arum drafting Margarito-Pacquiao

A solid source inside Team Floyd Mayweather has just informed me that Money May is balking at fighting Sugar Shane Mosley and that is the reason for the holdup on the announcement of a May 1 or a May 8 bout between the two American ring stars.

“Floyd did the math and Floyd is saying, why should I take a potentially difficult bout against Mosley for $10 million or less when I get $40 million or more to fight Manny Pacquiao and that could be an easier fight to win,” the in the know person said Saturday night.

The source said that a heavy internal discussion and debate is going on in the Mayweather camp as to whether Floyd’s best bet might to be stay on the sidelines and let Pacman get past Joshua Clottey on March 13. Then the Mayweather camp could try to restart the previously failed negotiations to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao mega bout.

“Mosley does ok, just ok, on the PPV against Mayweather,” an HBO source said. “Whereas, Manny and Floyd can break all the records and do something approaching three million buys on PPV. Upside on Manny and Floyd, which is the hottest attraction to the public, is unbelievable while upside of Shane and Floyd is limited.”

Meanwhile, the always cagey Pacman promoter Bob Arum is already making his contingency plans beyond the March 13 Clottey bout at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington where reportedly 20,000 tickets were sold on the first day of general ticket sales (Saturday).

Someone familiar with Arum’s thinking and strategy said the head of Top Rank is making moves to line returning from suspension Mexican Antonio Margarito a viable post-Clottey foe for Pacman.

“Margarito will begin training on Monday in Oxnard, CA., with his new trainer, former world champion Robert Garcia. Garcia is headed back from the Philippines where his world champ Brian Viloria lost his title in Manila,” this source said.

Margarito will fight some “tomato can” opponent on the Clottey-Pacquiao undercard, his first fight since losing to Mosley last Jan. 24 in Los Angeles.

“Arum figures all is forgiven by the public once Margarito is back in the win column. Then in the wake of having 40,000, maybe 50,000 in the Cowboys Stadium for Manny against Clottey, he sells Jerry Jones a second Manny bout, a natural against the Mexican Margarito. That fills up Manny’s fistic calendar for 2010 and Floyd and Manny is bigget than ever for 2011,” this insider said.

“If nothing else, Arum will shrewdly use Margarito-Pacquiao as a diversion to get Mayweather to agree to less money, less drug testing, less everything so he can cash in against Manny,” the insider said.

In the meantime, should Manny-Floyd come to fruition, Arum can pacifty Margarito with a still red hot all Latin revenge bout, Miguel Cotto against Margarito.

This nicca is a clown, trying to decide between the least hardest fight, I could never respect this nicca as a fighter, gtfoh.:smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Now this nicca is walking away from a fight with Mosley because it might be tough and there’s less pay involved. This is pathetic. This cat and his fans who cosign him represent what's wrong with boxing. It's a fucking joke, and Floyd is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Dave, I like you but after some of your comments here, I'm done discussing this subject with you. I can't believe you just said that Mosley's resume isn't better than Floyd's, apparently you are the only cat I know who's fixed himself to say that. Floyd's resume at welter: Judah, Mitchell, MArquez, Hatton and Baldomir, and 2 of those cats, Marquez and Hatton - are not welters. The niccas a joke, sorry, but no argument can be made for this dude. Peace.

I'm speaking of his entire resume, much like DLH and Pacquiao. There's the victory over Leijas but no true standouts other than him at lightweight. He's fought Oscar and Forrest at welter (Forrest was good but he wasn't great) and then went up to jr. middle. When he came back he fought Collazo, Cotto, and Margarito (where he was a big underdog and it was meant to be an exhibition for Margs). With that he has one top fighter in his prime and that was Oscar. I take Oscar, though I've never liked him, over Judah but Floyd has a better resume at lightweight and his time as a super featherweight.

TOLD YA'LL.....

Mayweather balks at Mosley, Arum drafting Margarito-Pacquiao

A solid source inside Team Floyd Mayweather has just informed me that Money May is balking at fighting Sugar Shane Mosley and that is the reason for the holdup on the announcement of a May 1 or a May 8 bout between the two American ring stars.

“Floyd did the math and Floyd is saying, why should I take a potentially difficult bout against Mosley for $10 million or less when I get $40 million or more to fight Manny Pacquiao and that could be an easier fight to win,” the in the know person said Saturday night.

The source said that a heavy internal discussion and debate is going on in the Mayweather camp as to whether Floyd’s best bet might to be stay on the sidelines and let Pacman get past Joshua Clottey on March 13. Then the Mayweather camp could try to restart the previously failed negotiations to make the Mayweather-Pacquiao mega bout.

“Mosley does ok, just ok, on the PPV against Mayweather,” an HBO source said. “Whereas, Manny and Floyd can break all the records and do something approaching three million buys on PPV. Upside on Manny and Floyd, which is the hottest attraction to the public, is unbelievable while upside of Shane and Floyd is limited.”

Meanwhile, the always cagey Pacman promoter Bob Arum is already making his contingency plans beyond the March 13 Clottey bout at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington where reportedly 20,000 tickets were sold on the first day of general ticket sales (Saturday).

Someone familiar with Arum’s thinking and strategy said the head of Top Rank is making moves to line returning from suspension Mexican Antonio Margarito a viable post-Clottey foe for Pacman.

“Margarito will begin training on Monday in Oxnard, CA., with his new trainer, former world champion Robert Garcia. Garcia is headed back from the Philippines where his world champ Brian Viloria lost his title in Manila,” this source said.

Margarito will fight some “tomato can” opponent on the Clottey-Pacquiao undercard, his first fight since losing to Mosley last Jan. 24 in Los Angeles.

“Arum figures all is forgiven by the public once Margarito is back in the win column. Then in the wake of having 40,000, maybe 50,000 in the Cowboys Stadium for Manny against Clottey, he sells Jerry Jones a second Manny bout, a natural against the Mexican Margarito. That fills up Manny’s fistic calendar for 2010 and Floyd and Manny is bigget than ever for 2011,” this insider said.

“If nothing else, Arum will shrewdly use Margarito-Pacquiao as a diversion to get Mayweather to agree to less money, less drug testing, less everything so he can cash in against Manny,” the insider said.

In the meantime, should Manny-Floyd come to fruition, Arum can pacifty Margarito with a still red hot all Latin revenge bout, Miguel Cotto against Margarito.

This nicca is a clown, trying to decide between the least hardest fight, I could never respect this nicca as a fighter, gtfoh.:smh:

This is internet gossip. Put some names to it. Why even get into negotiations in the first place if those are concerns. They would have been from the beginning.
Don't crow too soon.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Now this nicca is walking away from a fight with Mosley because it might be tough and there’s less pay involved. This is pathetic. This cat and his fans who cosign him represent what's wrong with boxing. It's a fucking joke, and Floyd is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

Im going to hold my opinion until something is official. But if dude doesnt fight Mosley and fights someone like Campbell instead, Im done with him. With the fight with Pacman falling through and then Berto-Mosley being canceled, there is no legitimate reason for this fight not to happen. The money is there and both casual fans and real fans of boxing want to see it...

Do you have a link on that story..

merce77

Star
Registered
Im going to hold my opinion until something is official. But if dude doesnt fight Mosley and fights someone like Campbell instead, Im done with him. With the fight with Pacman falling through and then Berto-Mosley being canceled, there is no legitimate reason for this fight not to happen. The money is there and both casual fans and real fans of boxing want to see it...

http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-Boxi...lks-at-Mosley-Arum-drafting-MargaritoPacquiao

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Agreed. There is no reason for this fight to not happen. It's not like there's anything else on the horizon for either fighter and definitely no big money fights for Mayweather.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I really need to hear this from a more reputable source. If this is true it's really a wrap for PBF and his legacy. Plus, I really don't think Arum will fight him if he pulls a stunt like this...I believe it hurts the allure of a Manny fight if he does this...Dude needs a big win at this point, I don't think that Marquez bullshit will sustain him. Wouldn't be surprised if Manny fights Mosley instead.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
How can you lose respect for him cause of one fight. Not only was he a unified champ he beat all the number one contenders. When you actually put yourself out they you can lose. plus he was slowing down and that young buck caught him. Ricky was on his game that fight and he was fighting at his weight class. That is something pbf didn't fight. Still history will easily see that ricky's win over kostya was greater than pbf over ricky for those points.

Cause Kostya just gave up...

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Cause Kostya just gave up...

you got that right. I mean beating a unified champ in his division is an impressive feat. He not only beat him. Ricky retired dude. He made a unified champ quit in his division he dominated in. That is way more impressive than pbf having ricky move up into a weight class every boxing fan saw him struggle and beat him. I could be wrong, but to me that point is clear. Now ricky's career doesn't match pbf, but his biggest win trumps any fight pbf had.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you got that right. I mean beating a unified champ in his division is an impressive feat. He not only beat him. Ricky retired dude. He made a unified champ quit in his division he dominated in. That is way more impressive than pbf having ricky move up into a weight class every boxing fan saw him struggle and beat him. I could be wrong, but to me that point is clear. Now ricky's career doesn't match pbf, but his biggest win trumps any fight pbf had.

Yeah, you gotta give Hatton that one. Hatton really impressed me in that one and really got my respect because prior to that I thought of him as an overrated white bum. The part about the fight that I really enjoyed was when Kostya tried to use the roughouse tactics and Hatton matched everything Kostya did and refused to be bullied. There was a round where Kostya hit Hatton low and the ref stopped the action. As soon as the ref told them to start fighting, Hatton went straight at Kostya and blasted him with a huge and blatant shot to the nuts.

That was a very good fight and very impressive that Hatton could make Kostya quit on his stool and never fight again. He made that guy retire for good.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I'm sorry dude but that's bullshit. Hatton is/was a bum that smothered less skilled fighters so they couldn't get their shit off. Hatton fought Collazo and got exposed. Niggas is talking about weight but Collazo didn't overpower Ricky...Collazo is just a better boxer that got robbed. Hatton walks around at 180 and fights at 140... You guys want me to believe that with 7 more lbs this nigga can't fight on the same level, come on...:lol: Even when Floyd fought Hatton... he didn't overpower Hatton. Rickey just tried to walk in and he kept getting hit with clean shots. If the weight shit is an issue Hatton should have been considered the bigger stronger fighter because of his walking around weight.

Kostya had insane power, but he wasn't a skilled fighter either. Hatton win over him means nothing to me.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm sorry dude but that's bullshit. Hatton is/was a bum that smothered less skilled fighters so they couldn't get their shit off. Hatton fought Collazo and got exposed. Niggas is talking about weight but Collazo didn't overpower Ricky...Collazo is just a better boxer that got robbed. Hatton walks around at 180 and fights at 140... You guys want me to believe that with 7 more lbs this nigga can't fight on the same level, come on...:lol: Even when Floyd fought Hatton... he didn't overpower Hatton. Rickey just tried to walk in and he kept getting hit with clean shots. If the weight shit is an issue Hatton should have been considered the bigger stronger fighter because of his walking around weight.

Kostya had insane power, but he wasn't a skilled fighter either. Hatton win over him means nothing to me.

Have you ever competed in a sport where you had to make weight? Even Karate? For you to say 7 pounds means nothing is just amateurish and I really question your age and how long you´ve been following the sport of boxing.

Also, your argument about walk around weight is also amateurish and has so many holes in it that...I can´t even believe you said that. :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
yo man..this site is mad suspect. Look at the text under the Floyd picture and look at the comments after the article...

But the article is from a Philly newspaper. That's the only reason I gave only that article any weight, the others were maaaaaad biased against Floyd which is why I didn't bother.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
But the article is from a Philly newspaper. That's the only reason I gave only that article any weight, the others were maaaaaad biased against Floyd which is why I didn't bother.

But Ive got a feeling this fight is not going to happen... taking too long to even get a date...we will see... but man..this is the fight I have been wanting to see for years... if this fight doesnt happen :angry::angry::angry:

merce77

Star
Registered
But Ive got a feeling this fight is not going to happen... taking too long to even get a date...we will see... but man..this is the fight I have been wanting to see for years... if this fight doesnt happen :angry::angry::angry:

You and me both.:angry:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Like I said it is signed. Nothing would shock me more than the fight being signed. Well except for pbf making it entertaining to people that like slugfest and understand the weight matters.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Have you ever competed in a sport where you had to make weight? Even Karate? For you to say 7 pounds means nothing is just amateurish and I really question your age and how long you´ve been following the sport of boxing.

Also, your argument about walk around weight is also amateurish and has so many holes in it that...I can´t even believe you said that. :smh:

Actually I have, but we didn't have this bullshit that boxing has.... You competed at the weight you that weighted in at. You didn't have a nigga who weighs 147 and competes at 160 the night of the fight:smh:.

The weight than is again simple... There are 3 main things that come into play with changing weight:

1) Strength - The higher the weight there is a possibility that the fighter may have more natural strength and can handle punches with strength...But this shit isn't written in stone.

2) Speed - Moving up on down might fuck with your speed and make you sluggish... In most cases that is really affected because the weight isn't put on or taken off properly.

3) Condition - which pretty much has the same affect as speed.

If you know about weight it is always harder to make a smaller weight than a heavier weight.

If niggas walking around weight(The weight his body is more used to handling) is 180 it should be easier for him to transition into the higher weight of 147 over 140. Yes, we know Hatton gets out of shape, but that's his fault. It is also his fault if he decides to fight at a higher weight class. If you look at the his fights at welter his power and speed didn't seem to be affected at all and please don't try to argue speed because he was fighting faster fighters. The only case that can be made is for his conditioning in the Floyd fight, but I would argue that it had more to do with him getting completely out of shape between fights.Also these motherfuckers hire conditioning coaches and he is suppose to make sure he gets in shape/looses the weight properly during training.... so his condition is also his fault.

This is why I don't try to have arguments with you by the way. I gave my opinion and I have also explained it. You say my opinion is "amateurish and has so many holes in it", but you don't even verbalize how it is amateurish or explain any of the holes in it. Here's a clue you can start by arguing my premises and that is the text in the red.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Actually I have, but we didn't have this bullshit that boxing has.... You competed at the weight you that weighted in at. You didn't have a nigga who weighs 147 and competes at 160 the night of the fight:smh:.

The weight than is again simple... There are 3 main things that come into play with changing weight:

1) Strength - The higher the weight there is a possibility that the fighter may have more natural strength and can handle punches with strength...But this shit isn't written in stone.

2) Speed - Moving up on down might fuck with your speed and make you sluggish... In most cases that is really affected because the weight isn't put on or taken off properly.

3) Condition - which pretty much has the same affect as speed.

If you know about weight it is always harder to make a smaller weight than a heavier weight.

If niggas walking around weight(The weight his body is more used to handling) is 180 it should be easier for him to transition into the higher weight of 147 over 140. Yes, we know Hatton gets out of shape, but that's his fault. It is also his fault if he decides to fight at a higher weight class. If you look at the his fights at welter his power and speed didn't seem to be affected at all and please don't try to argue speed because he was fighting faster fighters. The only case that can be made is for his conditioning in the Floyd fight, but I would argue that it had more to do with him getting completely out of shape between fights.Also these motherfuckers hire conditioning coaches and he is suppose to make sure he gets in shape/looses the weight properly during training.... so his condition is also his fault.

This is why I don't try to have arguments with you by the way. I gave my opinion and I have also explained it. You say my opinion is "amateurish and has so many holes in it", but you don't even verbalize how it is amateurish or explain any of the holes in it. Here's a clue you can start by arguing my premises and that is the text in the red.

Well, I have no argument or problem with what you wrote in read. I agree with that. I don't agree with you when you say things like Floyd and Pac are the same size, that Marquez's effectivity at welter wasn't off in part because of him fighting at a weight not natural for him, and that a 7 pound difference in boxing doesn't matter. You didn't really address those issues.

Anyway, regarding walk around weight, it's such an intangible that there's no way you can say that a guy walks around at X amount of weight and should therefore be able to fight at X weight class. There are guys at 130 pounds that balloon up to 180lbs. There are welters that walk around at 180lbs. Fernando Vargas used to walk around at 190 to 200lbs while Bernard Hopkins was at around 183 between fights. There's no rule regarding the walk around weight issue as a fighter's walk around weight depends on their discipline and not necessarily their ability to fight in a certain weight class.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Just a quick comment not related to the argument above..but just in general... How does Hatton get so fucking out of shape. There is a difference between putting on a few pounds or getting a bit out of shape... man.. I posted a pic of him few months ago where he might have seriously been pushing 190... dude was a fucking BLIMP... does the mofo just stop training completely and just stuff his face with pizza and drink beer all day and do nothing...

merce77

Star
Registered
Just a quick comment not related to the argument above..but just in general... How does Hatton get so fucking out of shape. There is a difference between putting on a few pounds or getting a bit out of shape... man.. I posted a pic of him few months ago where he might have seriously been pushing 190... dude was a fucking BLIMP... does the mofo just stop training completely and just stuff his face with pizza and drink beer all day and do nothing...

Basically. Nicca prolly just eat and drink all day. Good news though guys, got this from the L.A. Times.....

De La Hoya: Mayweather-Mosley fight 'not too far' from getting done

Promoter Oscar De La Hoya said today that ongoing negotiations to stage a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Shane Mosley welterweight fight in May were "not too far away" from being completed.

"Is that fight going to happen? I'm confident it will," De La Hoya told reporters today as he promoted his Golden Boy Promotions' next "Fight Night Club" event featuring a main event between junior welterweights Victor Ortiz of Ventura versus Hector Alatorre Feb. 25 at L.A. Live's Club Nokia.

De La Hoya said Golden Boy Chief Executive Richard Schaefer was handling the negotiations between Golden Boy fighter Mosley and Mayweather, who retained the company to handle his crumbled talks last year with Manny Pacquiao.

De La Hoya, who lost to Pomona's Mosley in a close 2003 decision in which Mosley later admitted that he had unknowingly used designer steroids and energy-boosting EPO in the days before the bout, said he didn't foresee a spat over drug testing like the one that happened between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Mayweather's lead advisor has told the Times that any Mayweather opponent must submit to random blood and urine tests before a fight.

"I believe Mosley will raise his hand, and say, 'Take me to the lab,'" De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya, insisting that a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight "has to happen" down the road, said his company would push boxing commissions to institute tougher drug-testing policies like those instituted by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. He said trying to strike such a deal in the failed Mayweather-Pacquiao talks was "a good start" that ended as a "missed opportunity."

"You know what's happening out there: all these athletes are taking steroids," De La Hoya said. "I fought two guys on steroids [Mosley and Fernando Vargas]. It's dangerous.

"I would love to see [mandatory, USADA-like] testing to be mandatory. It's crucial. This is not like hitting a baseball or running a sprint. It's two guys bashing their heads in."

While he was at it, De La Hoya weighed in on Antonio Margarito's push to have Texas allow him to fight on the Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey undercard March 13 in Dallas. Margarito had his license revoked by California in February 2009 after it was found that he had plaster-caked inserts atop the knuckle portion of his hand wraps before he stepped into the ring to defend his world welterweight title against Mosley last January at Staples Center. With the inserts removed, Margarito suffered a ninth-round TKO loss.

De La Hoya said Margarito was "messing with someone's life" and shouldn't be let back into boxing unless he "comes clean."

This was posted about forty five minutes ago.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Basically. Nicca prolly just eat and drink all day. Good news though guys, got this from the L.A. Times.....

Promoter Oscar De La Hoya said today that ongoing negotiations to stage a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Shane Mosley welterweight fight in May were "not too far away" from being completed.

"

:dance::dance:

on another note...I agree with DLH on Margarito completely

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
DLH is so full of shit it actually makes me sick. I mean truly sick. How is it proven anywhere fighting a guy on steroids is dangerous? Where does he get this information from. Also unless all GBP fighters and opponents do this additional testing I will be impressed. He didn't ask JMM to do the test. And the only reason Mosley is doing it is because he testified he used clear. Using plaster is dangerous and we have than on record. Dude is a douche. Two years ago they said Mosley won't submit to additional testing against zab, but now that it is convenient gbp will have him do it.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

"Is that fight going to happen? I'm confident it will," De La Hoya told reporters today as he promoted his Golden Boy Promotions' next "Fight Night Club" event featuring a main event between junior welterweights Victor Ortiz of Ventura versus Hector Alatorre Feb. 25 at L.A. Live's Club Nokia.

De La Hoya said Golden Boy Chief Executive Richard Schaefer was handling the negotiations between Golden Boy fighter Mosley and Mayweather, who retained the company to handle his crumbled talks last year with Manny Pacquiao.

De La Hoya, who lost to Pomona's Mosley in a close 2003 decision in which Mosley later admitted that he had unknowingly used designer steroids and energy-boosting EPO in the days before the bout, said he didn't foresee a spat over drug testing like the one that happened between Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Mayweather's lead advisor has told the Times that any Mayweather opponent must submit to random blood and urine tests before a fight.

"I believe Mosley will raise his hand, and say, 'Take me to the lab,'" De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya, insisting that a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight "has to happen" down the road, said his company would push boxing commissions to institute tougher drug-testing policies like those instituted by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. He said trying to strike such a deal in the failed Mayweather-Pacquiao talks was "a good start" that ended as a "missed opportunity."

"You know what's happening out there: all these athletes are taking steroids," De La Hoya said. "I fought two guys on steroids [Mosley and Fernando Vargas]. It's dangerous.

"I would love to see [mandatory, USADA-like] testing to be mandatory. It's crucial. This is not like hitting a baseball or running a sprint. It's two guys bashing their heads in."

While he was at it, De La Hoya weighed in on Antonio Margarito's push to have Texas allow him to fight on the Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey undercard March 13 in Dallas. Margarito had his license revoked by California in February 2009 after it was found that he had plaster-caked inserts atop the knuckle portion of his hand wraps before he stepped into the ring to defend his world welterweight title against Mosley last January at Staples Center. With the inserts removed, Margarito suffered a ninth-round TKO loss.

De La Hoya said Margarito was "messing with someone's life" and shouldn't be let back into boxing unless he "comes clean."

This was posted about forty five minutes ago.

Ricky should be embarassed not proud of that shit. Fuck him.

I know Oscar wants this worse than anyone else. He has more stake in Mosley than he did in Pacquiao (though they're supposed to be "partners").

:dance::dance:

on another note...I agree with DLH on Margarito completely

Don't like DLH, but he's dead right on Margarito. He would be dangerous with the casts as/is but add to that Shane's propensity to sit in and trade shots could have been a tragic event.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Ricky should be embarassed not proud of that shit. Fuck him.

I know Oscar wants this worse than anyone else. He has more stake in Mosley than he did in Pacquiao (though they're supposed to be "partners").

Don't like DLH, but he's dead right on Margarito. He would be dangerous with the casts as/is but add to that Shane's propensity to sit in and trade shots could have been a tragic event.

I agree. But the nevada commision would have given him a lifetime ban. So they must not have found him at fault. Or am I wrong?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I agree. But the nevada commision would have given him a lifetime ban. So they must not have found him at fault. Or am I wrong?

I don't put any confidence in the Nevade Commission. They're bought and paid for by the casinos and hotels. Arum has much stroke with them and has for a long time.