Mayweather vs. Mosley-Who Wins?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Are you saying that Floyd is not a master of true defense but uses his God given above average reflexes and quickness to move out of the way of punches? I've heard that Roy Jones' defense was bad for this very reason although Jones rarely got touched for about ten years which is an irony in itself.

Jones has zero defensive technical ability. He did really truly on being freakishly quick.

Jones doesnt even do basic things like keep a hand up...at least one..to protect his head and he is paying for it now that the speed is gone.

Floyd has masterful defensive techniques and speed-reflexes are not even the key. Floyd actually wins on his defensive ability.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You alluded to something in an earlier post I think. I think it was you....talking about how floyd relies on his shouldroll-reflexes to avoid a lot of shots but that probably wouldnt work so well against someone like Williams.

Although Sweat Pea had RIDICULOUS reflexes.even better reflexes than Floyd IMHO.. he definitely was much more mobile in terms of lateral movement around the ring....and Williams would have been throwing a bunch of punches at straight air from a distance where I think Floyd would give Williams much more of a target (i guess) if he didnt change his style..

No, it wasn't me. I don't think Floyd is so one dimensional or stupid that he would try to shoulder roll Williams. He'd probably fight him like he did Corrales, darting in and out.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Sergio is nice but Paul doesn't need that fight. I love to see PBF quit fighting small guys and since he sat back and let all the top guys fight each other he really needs to move on. the cotto fight is not appealing anymore. Clottey is the best available fighter outside Shane and he is fighting Manny. PBF had his chance to rule the WW and decided against it. Shane career looks like one that he avoids challenges. He'll I love to see him test 154. There really is no fight other than Shane in 147 that is interesting. And him fighting shane probably will suck because pbf won't engage dude. 154 is where he can cement his legacy.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
No, it wasn't me. I don't think Floyd is so one dimensional or stupid that he would try to shoulder roll Williams. He'd probably fight him like he did Corrales, darting in and out.

He was only able to fight chico that way because chico was weak from dropping weight to meet pbf and his pending jail time. If they fought at chico's weight he would have had to do his normal cover up shit.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Jones has zero defensive technical ability. He did really truly on being freakishly quick.

Jones doesnt even do basic things like keep a hand up...at least one..to protect his head and he is paying for it now that the speed is gone.

Floyd has masterful defensive techniques and speed-reflexes are not even the key. Floyd actually wins on his defensive ability.

Hey, Tjervey was the one that said Floyd relies more on reflexes and using angles to get out of the way rather than "technique".;)

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Hey, Tjervey was the one that said Floyd relies more on reflexes and using angles to get out of the way rather than "technique".;)

Floyd has worked on using his God given gifts to perfect HIS style of defensive posture. To say that he is not one of the best all time in regards to defense is not smart. He definitely is an all time great primarily because it is very difficult to perfect his style of defense. The closest fighter in this generation to have this style down pat was a prime Chris Byrd. Dude was fun to watch because he was a phone booth-but you can't hit me type fighter.
The difference between Floyd and RJJ is Roy never really worked on the fundamentals of the game, so when he reflexes started to slip, those split second misses or fraction of an inch misses started connecting on his ass!!!! Floyd is different in that I truly believe he could fight at a high level for a very long time because he is so damned fundamentally sound...regardless of how I feel about his fight selection, etc. I do believe it is going to take a fighter fighting a damn near perfect fight to beat him.

Never said he didn't have defensive technique...actually, I said and believe he is one of the greatest defensive boxers of all-time...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Sergio is nice but Paul doesn't need that fight. I love to see PBF quit fighting small guys and since he sat back and let all the top guys fight each other he really needs to move on. the cotto fight is not appealing anymore. Clottey is the best available fighter outside Shane and he is fighting Manny. PBF had his chance to rule the WW and decided against it. Shane career looks like one that he avoids challenges. He'll I love to see him test 154. There really is no fight other than Shane in 147 that is interesting. And him fighting shane probably will suck because pbf won't engage dude. 154 is where he can cement his legacy.

I already spoke on this but you can keep wishing on a star with that.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I think it was buk...:lol: at nobody going back and just looking.

:lol::lol::lol: Werd!!!!!!

I eat enough shit on this site fucking with You, Upgrade Dave and the rest of Yall niggas to get roped into that shit!!!! I was like fuck this...Imma search this motherfucker and find my EXACT quote!!!!! Sheeiiitt!!!

:lol:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

I was just replying to your reply...I wasnt saying that you made the original statement :lol::lol:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol::lol::lol: Werd!!!!!!

I eat enough shit on this site fucking with You, Upgrade Dave and the rest of Yall niggas to get roped into that shit!!!! I was like fuck this...Imma search this motherfucker and find my EXACT quote!!!!! Sheeiiitt!!!

:lol:

You still didn't find the exact quote but it's all senseless anyway.:D

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
lol, you guys are fools. who gives a rat's ass about how somebody feels about pbf. you guys are so freaking sensitive.

Represent+Volume+1+front.jpg

DJ TLM – REPRESENT VOLUME 1

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
lol, you guys are fools. who gives a rat's ass about how somebody feels about pbf. you guys are so freaking sensitive.

Nah Dude, Brothers on here are real touchy about Floyd Man!!!!:lol:
Dude's had me checking my mailbox and changing IP addresses and shit for a minute, editing Mayweather posts and shit, posting with trepidation like a motherfucker!!! :lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I predict that Floyd will fight and beat Shane Mosley and the he will take on Berto. Manny will probably retire if he can't Berto first.. or he will cave to Mays...

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I predict that Floyd will fight and beat Shane Mosley and the he will take on Berto. Manny will probably retire if he can't Berto first.. or he will cave to Mays...

Not enough in Berto for PBF. He will fight Manny and Manny will take the tests. Theory...Manny wants an interim fight because IF he is using, he wants to get one fight in against a tough but not to strong of a puncher type like Clottey to gauge himself and get his body to adjust. Once he sees how he fairs without the Juice, he will have no reason to dodge this situation with Floyd. I also don't think if he has been juicing, he did it until he made the move to welterweight, maybe even as far back as the Diaz fight, which is why he didn't look as dominate as he should have even though he beat him handily. All about timing, I think the request caught his camp off guard so he had to figure out a way to chill this fight for now, and give himself enough time to work his magic...:D

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Not enough in Berto for PBF. He will fight Manny and Manny will take the tests. Theory...Manny wants an interim fight because IF he is using, he wants to get one fight in against a tough but not to strong of a puncher type like Clottey to gauge himself and get his body to adjust. Once he sees how he fairs without the Juice, he will have no reason to dodge this situation with Floyd. I also don't think if he has been juicing, he did it until he made the move to welterweight, maybe even as far back as the Diaz fight, which is why he didn't look as dominate as he should have even though he beat him handily. All about timing, I think the request caught his camp off guard so he had to figure out a way to chill this fight for now, and give himself enough time to work his magic...:D

You might be right but it's a big gamble against Clottey. After the Mosley fight I can already see a million articles about how Shane is past his prime. I already see analyst hinting at it. The next thing will be that Floyd doesn't fight welters in their prime and Berto is the best fit for that. Even if he fights Pac first, I can see the match up for Floyd v Berto.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
lol, to bad your theory has no one shred of proof to make plausible. Honestly I am tired of talking about that dude.

Kid+Cudi.jpg

Kid Cudi - Nasa Music 2 Space Dreams

100120063739666997.jpg

Drake & Lil Wayne Official White Label

merce77

Star
Registered
Floyd has no heart and I challenge a Floyd fan here to prove me otherwise. Everytime he has had big challenges he's backed off. He folded against Castillo in the last 3 rounds because his hands were "hurting". Ya'll can say what you want about Gatti but thatmans heart was unquestionable. Dude WON fights with fucked up hands. Floyd has never put himself in a position where he had to prove his heart. Cats will come up with all kinds of reasons why he hasn't fought this guy and why he hasn't fought this dude - t comes down to one reason, Floyd has no heart. And if he's not careful, if this Mosley fight doesn't happen, it'll be anothr piece of evidence for my argument. Dude wants to go down as one of the greatest without ever having to prove it.
Also it's not up to any of you to validate a niccas fan status by saying if u ain't a fan of PBF or BHOP, then you're not a real fan - that's bullshit. I love boxing and I know great skills when I see it, but I'll be dammed if even some of Ali's best perforances weren't for the most part, boring as shit. But he took on the biggest an greatest challeges he culd even when people were saying he'd lose or get killed, or the guy was too young, or too big. I can imaginehow the media would've shredded a nicca like Floyd back in boxin's golden age. Can you imagine Floyd in a crop with Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Hagler, McCallum. Man you would really have seen Floyd pull some excuses out of his ass then.......no heart and can't none of ya'll cats make a case against it with Floyds current body of work. If the Mosley fight falls apart, I wonder who he'll fight next, Malignaggi, MATT HATTON??!! Maybe he'll rematch with Henry Bruseles or call Sharmba Mitchell out of retirement.

LAstly, for all the cats that made the comment about Pac not fighting african american cats, I have a question - other than Zab and Chop Chop, name me a few brothers that Floyd has fought with - dude stays feasting on mexicans and white boys and that's a fact.

Last edited:

merce77

Star
Registered
You might be right but it's a big gamble against Clottey. After the Mosley fight I can already see a million articles about how Shane is past his prime. I already see analyst hinting at it. The next thing will be that Floyd doesn't fight welters in their prime and Berto is the best fit for that. Even if he fights Pac first, I can see the match up for Floyd v Berto.

So you're saying Mosley's best days AREN'T behind him. Do you say that so Floyd will look like he really did something by beating an old man? Floyd is a snake and to tell u the truth I don't think he gives a flying fuck about boxing or it's fans, I could never support a fighter like that. Maybe you can't compare Oscar and PBF skillwise but no question, Oscar took on all comers, his big fights were really events because he was always fighting dangerous dudes. Floyd is a cherry picker with a mouth and fans who are full of excuses but no substance. I mean when all is said and done, twenty years from now, when they look for a career defining fight, what'll it be? Corrales, that's it, that's all. No fight where Floyd had to dig deep, no fight where Floyd took on a dude everyone said could beat him and Floyd waxed that ass, no fight like that whatsoever because Floyd wouldn't take the challenges.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
]
Also it's not up to any of you to validate a niccas fan status by saying if u ain't a fan of PBF or BHOP, then you're not a real fan - that's bullshit.

No it is not. Im a fan of boxing..not of boxers. I made a very critical thread of Floyd after his first retirement because of his statements about being an all-time great despite the weak resume.

You dont have to be a fan of a boxer to appreciate his boxing skills.

If you dont appreciate the skillset of Bhop or Floyd, you cant be taken seriously as a fan of BOXING. Those two cats, despite their styles, are technically superior than 99 percent of boxers anyone will see their entire lives.

You dont have to like their style of boxing... but to say someone like Floyd has won by running is less than disingenuous.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Floyd has no heart and I challenge a Floyd fan here to prove me otherwise. Everytime he has had big challenges he's backed off. He folded against Castillo in the last 3 rounds because his hands were "hurting". Ya'll can say what you want about Gatti but thatmans heart was unquestionable. Dude WON fights with fucked up hands. Floyd has never put himself in a position where he had to prove his heart. Cats will come up with all kinds of reasons why he hasn't fought this guy and why he hasn't fought this dude - t comes down to one reason, Floyd has no heart. And if he's not careful, if this Mosley fight doesn't happen, it'll be anothr piece of evidence for my argument. Dude wants to go down as one of the greatest without ever having to prove it.
Also it's not up to any of you to validate a niccas fan status by saying if u ain't a fan of PBF or BHOP, then you're not a real fan - that's bullshit. I love boxing and I know great skills when I see it, but I'll be dammed if even some of Ali's best perforances weren't for the most part, boring as shit. But he took on the biggest an greatest challeges he culd even when people were saying he'd lose or get killed, or the guy was too young, or too big. I can imaginehow the media would've shredded a nicca like Floyd back in boxin's golden age. Can you imagine Floyd in a crop with Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Hagler, McCallum. Man you would really have seen Floyd pull some excuses out of his ass then.......no heart and can't none of ya'll cats make a case against it with Floyds current body of work. If the Mosley fight falls apart, I wonder who he'll fight next, Malignaggi, MATT HATTON??!! Maybe he'll rematch with Henry Bruseles or call Sharmba Mitchell out of retirement.

LAstly, for all the cats that made the comment about Pac not fighting african american cats, I have a question - oter than Zab and Chop Chop, name me a few brothers that Floyd has fought with - dude stays feasting on mexicans and white boys and that's a fact.

I was goin to reply..but I don't care. Niggas feel how the feel. I think the nigga will never win some niggas over.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Maybe you can't compare Oscar and PBF skillwise but no question, Oscar took on all comers, his big fights were really events because he was always fighting dangerous dudes. .

If he doesnt finish his career with top notch competition... Mosley, Pacman, etc... as Ive stated, he wont be judged well by history. He simply wont have the resume to stand the test of time.... being undefeated doesnt mean shit without having several wins against other Great boxers in their PRIME..

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I was goin to reply..but I don't care. Niggas feel how the feel. I think the nigga will never win some niggas over.

Yeah. I try not to get into these debates anymore...you can already see the Mosley excuse. If mosley still has his speed, there is no excuse for him.

ALSO, Mosley avoided fighting Floyd for years so this is no case of Floyd running from Mosley... Mosley is one of my favorite fighters of all time... but when you in his position,you gonna be begging for the big money fight when you dont have the status to sell one yourself..

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
No it is not. Im a fan of boxing..not of boxers. I made a very critical thread of Floyd after his first retirement because of his statements about being an all-time great despite the weak resume.

If you dont appreciate the skillset of Bhop or Floyd, you cant be taken seriously as a fan of BOXING. Those two cats, despite their styles, are technically superior than 99 percent of boxers anyone will see their entire lives.

You dont have to like their style of boxing... but to say someone like Floyd has won by running is less than disingenuous.

that's your opinion. Hopkins is one of my favorite fighters. And I can watch Toney fight all day and night, but that is me. Doesn't shit except I like those cats. If someone want to take my opinions and not being valid cause I don't like pbf or sweet pea, but like leonard and the mongoose then so be it.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
So you're saying Mosley's best days AREN'T behind him. Do you say that so Floyd will look like he really did something by beating an old man? Floyd is a snake and to tell u the truth I don't think he gives a flying fuck about boxing or it's fans, I could never support a fighter like that. Maybe you can't compare Oscar and PBF skillwise but no question, Oscar took on all comers, his big fights were really events because he was always fighting dangerous dudes. Floyd is a cherry picker with a mouth and fans who are full of excuses but no substance. I mean when all is said and done, twenty years from now, when they look for a career defining fight, what'll it be? Corrales, that's it, that's all. No fight where Floyd had to dig deep, no fight where Floyd took on a dude everyone said could beat him and Floyd waxed that ass, no fight like that whatsoever because Floyd wouldn't take the challenges.

No, I'm saying that Shane is past his prime and it is Shane's fault that the fight is happening now. Boxing is the niggas job, and the only thing I expect from any boxer is to try to be the best boxer you can be. The nigga wanted Shane in his prime... and Mosley ducked Floyd. Top Rank was bullshitting on a Cotto fight. You just saw the bullshit with the p4p fighter...but whatever.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
that's your opinion. Hopkins is one of my favorite fighters. And I can watch Toney fight all day and night, but that is me. Doesn't shit except I like those cats. If someone want to take my opinions and not being valid cause I don't like pbf or sweet pea, but like leonard and the mongoose then so be it.

Hopkins career >>>>> all over Floyd.
Toney, as a pound for pounder fighter also >>>> Floyd.

Im not talking about personally like a fighter. That is pointless.

Im talking not appreciating their skillset as a boxer. If Floyd finishes his career against great fighters, he will rise up the list because you certainly cant criticize what he does in the ring as a BOXER...only about his lack of a good quantity of fights against great fighters.

But Buk.. you attempted to make the case that Floyd RAN against DLH when that makes me question how much your sentiment about Floyd makes you really not see the reality of things because that is almost laughable.

DLH was winning that fight until he stopped popping the jab after the 6th...but Floyd SMARTLY stayed away from the larger fighter who still had a powerful left hook and that could hurt him.. it would have been stupid for him to exchange punches with DLH.. he stuck and move... countered and moved....exactly what he was supposed to do... what sense would it have it made for him to exchange blows with DLH :smh:

DLH ran in the final rounds against Tito... Floyd just refused to fight DLHs fight... that is called Boxing IQ.

But if this fight doesnt get made with Mosley, floyd is done in my book if he doesnt fight Mosley and he fights some burger still hoping to set up a future Pacman fight and avoiding a competitive fight..

merce77

Star
Registered

No doubt, I agree with you, anone who says that Floyd wins by running doesn't know what they're watching. Floyd is a boxer with a tremendous skill set. My issues with Floyd lie in his lack of any really credible opponents in the last 5 or 6 years which were by any account, his prime years. Dude wasted his prime years essentially fighting nobodies and dudes he could beat easily. At no time has homie said, I'm gonna challenge the biggest baddest nicca in the division. At no point has he said, "you know what? I'm gonna PROVE to the fans that I'm the bes by wiping out welter and then moving up and challenging the best nicca at superwelter". He'll never do that, too much danger. But niccas like Hearns, Leonard, McCallum, Robinson, even more recently with cats like Oscar and Mosley, all sought out the biggest challenges, EVEN if they lost. Floyd seems to think that because you have zero losses on your record, that makes you great. Tell that to Ali who retired with 5 losses and is considered "the greatest". Lotta mirages and smokescreens with Floyd but very little substance.