Mayweather vs. Mosley-Who Wins?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
My issues with Floyd lie in his lack of any really credible opponents in the last 5 or 6 years which were by any account, his prime years. Dude wasted his prime years essentially fighting nobodies and dudes he could beat easily.

Cosign completely.. when he retired and was talking that greatest of all-time shit I was like this mofo is delusional.. how you gonna be the goat and you havent beaten anyone who was really all that great and in their prime...

Im writing him off if he takes one more bullshit fight when he only has probably 2-3 more fights left..

merce77

Star
Registered
No, I'm saying that Shane is past his prime and it is Shane's fault that the fight is happening now. Boxing is the niggas job, and the only thing I expect from any boxer is to try to be the best boxer you can be. The nigga wanted Shane in his prime... and Mosley ducked Floyd. Top Rank was bullshitting on a Cotto fight. You just saw the bullshit with the p4p fighter...but whatever.

I don't believe that bullshit about Mosley ducking Floyd and neither do most serious boxing writers. Forget about the video with Mosley talking that toothache shit. They could've fought years ago at 135 but Mosley had too much dough on the table vs DLH to risk it. A nicca who's nickname is MONEY, and ducked out of fighting Cotto or MArgarito so HE could get the paper vs Oscar should understand that. Look, it's quite simple, all I gotta know is this...... Floyd has fought NO ONE of consequence since his lightweight days, Mosley on the other hand, win or lose has fought a PRIME Oscar twice, Winky twice, Vernon(R.I.P) twice, Raul MArquez, Cotto, and MArgarito. Who's Floyd fought since lightweight? Now who has a history of ducking fighters again? Mosley? Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Shane who was scared since he has such a history of ducking dudes. C'mon son.

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
But niccas like Hearns, Leonard, McCallum, Robinson,

I dont think Floyd will ever be able to really ever be mentioned in the same breadth as those fighters really... he just wont have the resume. I mean..he would have to really close out his career with 4 superfights and clean house... because those guys have resumes over just 4-5 years that are >>>>> than Floyds entire resume...

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
, and ducked out of fighting Cotto or MArgarito so HE could get the paper vs Oscar should understand that. .

This is not really true though. Floyd put up a great offer to fight Both Margarito and Cotto.. the deal was to fight BOTH of them.. after beating Margarito he wanted a gauranteed fight with Cotto and Arun balked on the deal with the easiest way you can do.. underbid the deal... he didnt want the take the chance of Floyd cleaning out Top Ranks biggest draws back to back... then Arun created the Floyd running from Margarito myth to boost Margarito in the media..

merce77

Star
Registered
No, I'm saying that Shane is past his prime and it is Shane's fault that the fight is happening now. Boxing is the niggas job, and the only thing I expect from any boxer is to try to be the best boxer you can be. The nigga wanted Shane in his prime... and Mosley ducked Floyd. Top Rank was bullshitting on a Cotto fight. You just saw the bullshit with the p4p fighter...but whatever.

C'mon man, Foyd also called Winky out like he was really moving up to 154. Once Shane lost, Floyd got real quiet. I'll tell u this, I think ya'll niccas got most ya'll Mosley/Mayweather facts twisted because I speak to alot of writers and not one of them thinks that Shane was ever ducking Floyd. Floyd was just never a draw before he fought Oscar. And all that he/said she/said bullshit, is bitch shit. "he never wanted to fight me before"...and "he ducked me" is kiddy shit. That's not shit that champs do. If Floyd was a champ, he'd have shut the fuck up, manned up and just bust Shane's ass. That's the way to prove your point about being the best. But Floyd is mostly mouth. I love how the nicca mouth starts moving five miles a second when any media dude calls him on it.

So why don't you fight Shane Mosley?

"Oh you mean Shane that got five losses on his record."

So why don't you fight Pacman?

"He's on steroids. and he already has 3 losses"

So why won't you fight Cotto?

"Well LArry, I'm gonna retire from boxing, I'm not gonna let boxing retire me"

So Floyd why don't you fight journeyman X, he's undefeated in his 15 professional bouts and he's smaller than you?

"OK".

:hmm:

merce77

Star
Registered
This is not really true though. Floyd put up a great offer to fight Both Margarito and Cotto.. the deal was to fight BOTH of them.. after beating Margarito he wanted a gauranteed fight with Cotto and Arun balked on the deal with the easiest way you can do.. underbid the deal... he didnt want the take the chance of Floyd cleaning out Top Ranks biggest draws back to back... then Arun created the Floyd running from Margarito myth to boost Margarito in the media..

I don't trust anything Floyd says, that nicca is a snake and I never read anything like that in any official boxing stories. I've only heard that story from Floyd fans.
I saw this tho....

So Floyd, why won't you fight Cotto?

No mention of any offer he made whatsoever, why not mention that to Larry so the public knows the real deal. What you said sounds like an excuse by team Mayweather after he retired, to make him look less cowardly. That nicca has an excuse for everything.

Last edited:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
C'mon man, Foyd also called Winky out like he was really moving up to 154. Once Shane lost, Floyd got real quiet. I'll tell u this, I think ya'll niccas got most ya'll Mosley/Mayweather facts twisted because I speak to alot of writers and not one of them thinks that Shane was ever ducking Floyd. Floyd was just never a draw before he fought Oscar. And all that he/said she/said bullshit, is bitch shit. "he never wanted to fight me before"...and "he ducked me" is kiddy shit. That's not shit that champs do. If Floyd was a champ, he'd have shut the fuck up, manned up and just bust Shane's ass. That's the way to prove your point about being the best. But Floyd is mostly mouth. I love how the nicca mouth starts moving five miles a second when any media dude calls him on it.

"He's on steroids. and he already has 2 losses"

So Floyd why don't you fight journeyman X, he's undefeated in his 15 professional bouts and he's smaller than you?

"OK".

That last Mayweather question and answer thing you put sounds EXACTLY like Mayweather. In fact, I can't even tell if you just made it up or if it's from an actual interview.

Regarding Mosley, I vaguely remember talk of the bout many many years ago when Shane was hot and Floyd was not. I think Shane just said that Floyd should fight a few guys first and that they should meet up when the fight could be hot. I thought that was perfectly reasonable and not equivalent to ducking. I did think that Shane's toothache thing was lame.

Nevertheless, in the end, Mayweather is the owner of his own legacy. Mayweather once said something about him being undefeated and everyone else having losses because they're all fighting each other. He's so delusional he didn't even realize that he was admitting that he doesn't fight anyone.

Mayweather also strikes me as a guy that does not give an absolute FUCK at all about boxing fans. Meanwhile, the few fans that he does have will make any excuse in the book for him not fighting people. When backed against the wall, the excuse is Mayweather is so superior that he would just beat all these guys in the division anyway.

What's really humorous is how people can say he'd probably just beat all of the welterweights easily with his only true challenges coming at 154. I guess Mayweather's defense is really that superior because apparently he can beat people without even having to fight them.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I don't trust anything Floyd says, that nicca is a snake and I never read anything like that in any official boxing stories..

that was actually cosigned by multiple third parties... wasnt really floyd that pushed the story....

but at the end of the day... he still doesnt have the resume...and Margarito has always been an overhyped bum in my opinion...that would not have been a difficult fight for Floyd... but if you think Floyd is a snake..you have got to think Arun is the Devil

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

"He's on steroids. and he already has 3 losses"

"OK".

:lol::lol:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
One thing I will say is, Floyd has normally had negotiation issues with Fighters at the time of the potential fight had at least in the court of public opinion had a shot to beat him (please lets not go into the hindsight I knew he was a bum BS) Margarito, Cotto, Shane, even Oscar a little earlier, Manny...but, he had relatively easy negotiations with lesser fighters, which fights did appear to go through without a hitch (Judah, Baldomir, Brusseles, Gatti, etc). He did mention not fighting certain fighters because they had losses which made them not qualified to fight him, but he did fight Baldomir, Gatti, Judah, etc. who at the time he fought him had multiple losses.

That being said, again, even though as a boxing fan it does annoy me when ANY fighter does this, I cannot in clear conscience knock his hustle, if you can get it with the least amount of resistance, get it.:D

merce77

Star
Registered
that was actually cosigned by multiple third parties... wasnt really floyd that pushed the story....

but at the end of the day... he still doesnt have the resume...and Margarito has always been an overhyped bum in my opinion...that would not have been a difficult fight for Floyd... but if you think Floyd is a snake..you have got to think Arun is the Devil

I've hated Arum ever since his days with ODH. I'm glad Floyd got away and I'm happy to see the brother keeping his money that would've gone to Arum. Floyd is a snake but Arum is a fucking Anaconda. Ad for the record, I used to be a huge Floyd fan, but after he left lightweight it was all downhill from there. Try to imagine my chagrin at watching my favorite fighter fighting Henry Bruseles and Arturo Gatti, and Carlos Baldomir while trying to tell my fellow boxing fans that Floyd is the most skilled cat Ive seen. When he went forward with the Zab fight even after Zab had been universally embarassed by a journeyman, that was it for me. And to tell you the truth, Floyd is lucky to never have fought Shane at 135. He would've lost, Shane was practically unbeatable at that weight. Just as fast as Floyd, stronger and much more power.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I don't believe that bullshit about Mosley ducking Floyd and neither do most serious boxing writers. Forget about the video with Mosley talking that toothache shit. They could've fought years ago at 135 but Mosley had too much dough on the table vs DLH to risk it. A nicca who's nickname is MONEY, and ducked out of fighting Cotto or MArgarito so HE could get the paper vs Oscar should understand that. Look, it's quite simple, all I gotta know is this...... Floyd has fought NO ONE of consequence since his lightweight days, Mosley on the other hand, win or lose has fought a PRIME Oscar twice, Winky twice, Vernon(R.I.P) twice, Raul MArquez, Cotto, and MArgarito. Who's Floyd fought since lightweight? Now who has a history of ducking fighters again? Mosley? Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Shane who was scared since he has such a history of ducking dudes. C'mon son.

There is video footage of Mosley's toothache. Manny's bullshit is very public. Who should have Floyd fought at lightweight? Who did he duck at lightweight? Niggas act like everybody was jumping on the bandwagon to fight Floyd until after the De La fight. If Mosley isn't the dude, who should Floyd fight now?

merce77

Star
Registered
One thing I will say is, Floyd has normally had negotiation issues with Fighters at the time of the potential fight had at least in the court of public opinion had a shot to beat him (please lets not go into the hindsight I knew he was a bum BS) Margarito, Cotto, Shane, even Oscar a little earlier, Manny...but, he had relatively easy negotiations with lesser fighters, which fights did appear to go through without a hitch (Judah, Baldomir, Brusseles, Gatti, etc). He did mention not fighting certain fighters because they had losses which made them not qualified to fight him, but he did fight Baldomir, Gatti, Judah, etc. who at the time he fought him had multiple losses.

That being said, again, even though as a boxing fan it does annoy me when ANY fighter does this, I cannot in clear conscience knock his hustle, if you can get it with the least amount of resistance, get it.:D

I feel you on this, it's the fan side of me that gets truly irked with Floyd, but the business nicca side of me says "you'd do the same damm thing if you were him".:lol:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Hopkins career >>>>> all over Floyd.
Toney, as a pound for pounder fighter also >>>> Floyd.

Im not talking about personally like a fighter. That is pointless.

Im talking not appreciating their skillset as a boxer. If Floyd finishes his career against great fighters, he will rise up the list because you certainly cant criticize what he does in the ring as a BOXER...only about his lack of a good quantity of fights against great fighters.

But Buk.. you attempted to make the case that Floyd RAN against DLH when that makes me question how much your sentiment about Floyd makes you really not see the reality of things because that is almost laughable.

DLH was winning that fight until he stopped popping the jab after the 6th...but Floyd SMARTLY stayed away from the larger fighter who still had a powerful left hook and that could hurt him.. it would have been stupid for him to exchange punches with DLH.. he stuck and move... countered and moved....exactly what he was supposed to do... what sense would it have it made for him to exchange blows with DLH :smh:

DLH ran in the final rounds against Tito... Floyd just refused to fight DLHs fight... that is called Boxing IQ.

But if this fight doesnt get made with Mosley, floyd is done in my book if he doesnt fight Mosley and he fights some burger still hoping to set up a future Pacman fight and avoiding a competitive fight..

When I say PBF runs it is figuratively. Run as in running away from a fight. That is what he did in my eyes. He hid,covered up, ducked every chance for the fight to be interesting. It was a horrible fight.

merce77

Star
Registered
There is video footage of Mosley's toothache. Manny's bullshit is very public. Who should have Floyd fought at lightweight? Who did he duck at lightweight? Niggas act like everybody was jumping on the bandwagon to fight Floyd until after the De La fight. If Mosley isn't the dude, who should Floyd fight now?

Like I said, the facts I laid out are all I need to know. And I saw the toothache vid, I said don't even mention it since I saw it. But, still nothing but excuses, no fighting with anyone of consequence.

And for your information, he never fought the universally recognized best lightweight at the time, Casamayor. A southpaw who was slick and dirty and a great technician and much more experienced than Floyd was. The TOP guy, quite a shocker that Floyd would do something like that huh?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I feel you on this, it's the fan side of me that gets truly irked with Floyd, but the business nicca side of me says "you'd do the same damm thing if you were him".:lol:

cosign. Great business sense.... but completely kills his legacy... either he is delusional or doesnt really give a shit about legacy.. he definitely seems to be targeting the biggest fights-money with the least amount of risk and as a prize-fighter at this point in his career, I respect it... but at the same time, where is the risk in picking a challenger... that is why I was ready to cut him off if he fought Campbell especially with the Berto-Mosley fight being called off..

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Like I said, the facts I laid out are all I need to know. And I saw the toothache vid, I said don't even mention it since I saw it. But, still nothing but excuses, no fighting with anyone of consequence.

And for your information, he never fought the universally recognized best lightweight at the time, Casamayor. A southpaw who was slick and dirty and a great technician and much more experienced than Floyd was. The TOP guy, quite a shocker that Floyd would do something like that huh?

Yeah, I will admit I forgot about Casamayor... :eek: you are right.

merce77

Star
Registered
cosign. Great business sense.... but completely kills his legacy... either he is delusional or doesnt really give a shit about legacy.. he definitely seems to be targeting the biggest fights-money with the least amount of risk and as a prize-fighter at this point in his career, I respect it... but at the same time, where is the risk in picking a challenger... that is why I was ready to cut him off if he fought Campbell especially with the Berto-Mosley fight being called off..

:lol::lol:He was gonna fight the "galaxy warrior"?!?! The same guy who just looked like shit against fast, slick, Timothy Bradley? This just keeps getting better. It's like evidence falling right into a DA's lap. First Malignaggi, then Matt Hatton, then Nate Campbell. Man I'm seriously starting to doubt if Floyd will take this fight with Shane.:lol::smh:

Boxing is in a sad state mayne when the 2 p4p guys are a cheater and a cherry picker. And the media and fans cosign their antics. I feel bad for J.M. Marquez. Get rid of those 2 idiots and either him or BHOP are the p4p.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Man I'm seriously starting to doubt if Floyd will take this fight with Shane.:lol::smh:

There is absolutely no legitimate reason for this fight not get get made with Mosley. And I know mosley is willing to take a very favorable split for Floyd. If this fight does not get made, it will remove any doubt about Floyd avoiding top competition at WW...

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

On the real though fam, even though it appears they are fighting now, there is also video footage of Floyd being asked about fighting Shane shortly after Shane whipped Margarito's ass, and Floyd stated, "I'm retired", but a few weeks later it was announced he was fighting small assed Marquez....Same shit, Different Day...:D

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

I pointed that out a many times. He ducked him and frietas who were both undefeated. It was a joke. How do you leave with two undefeated guys asking you for a fight. Then skip Kostya. Which would have been ill. I give it to Zab, he may be an underachiever but at least he never ran from people. That fight against Kostya should have been against PBF.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
On the real though fam, even though it appears they are fighting now, there is also video footage of Floyd being asked about fighting Shane shortly after Shane whipped Margarito's ass, and Floyd stated, "I'm retired", but a few weeks later it was announced he was fighting small assed Marquez....Same shit, Different Day...:D

lol, yeah. Oh well. I just want to see how this turns out. The fight is not signed yet.

merce77

Star
Registered

I questioned it myself but gave my fav fighter the benefit of the doubt like Floyd would beat him easily like he did Coralles or Castillo in the rematch, until I heard his father talk about how many problems Floyd has with southpaws. Then I started to realize it was a calculated duckage. What's funny is that I don't think anyone can beat Floyd. But as we've seen with greats throughout the years, when you fight everyone, eventually you WILL lose. Unless your name is Marciano or Ricardo Lopez that is. I mean hell, even the great Sugar Ray Robinson lost to a couple white boys. Even the great Ali learned that Joe Frazier was no joke. Ken Norton would probably beat Ali nine out of ten times.

merce77

Star
Registered
BTW, since we're discussing boxing, I think Timothy Bradley is the future p4p and I also think he's Meldrick Taylor reborn. It's eerie how mch he reminds me of Meldrick. I heard him also mentioned as a possibe opponent for Floyd. Don't know how true it was but as talented as he is, I don't think he's quite ready for PBF.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I pointed that out a many times. He ducked him and frietas who were both undefeated. It was a joke. How do you leave with two undefeated guys asking you for a fight. Then skip Kostya. Which would have been ill. I give it to Zab, he may be an underachiever but at least he never ran from people. That fight against Kostya should have been against PBF.

Yeah but damn, Zab took a lot of ass whippin's though!!!:lol: Nigga had to leave Brooklyn and move out west because he lost ALL of his street cred!!!:lol::lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QX4VysAzRII&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QX4VysAzRII&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

merce77

Star
Registered
Yeah but damn, Zab took a lot of ass whippin's though!!!:lol: Nigga had to leave Brooklyn and move out west because he lost ALL of his street cred!!!:lol::lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QX4VysAzRII&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QX4VysAzRII&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He should've left Brooklyn a LONG time ago, it woulda helped his career. You can't keep one foot in the street and one in the ring. Zab always tried too hard to "keep it real". So much talent and so little discipline. I never thought much of Tszu's technical skills but dudes timing was impeccable. He was able to perfectly time and badly hurt 2 very slick and very fast dudes in Zab Judah and Sharmba Mitchell, I seriously think that's why Floyd avoided dude.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I questioned it myself but gave my fav fighter the benefit of the doubt like Floyd would beat him easily like he did Coralles or Castillo in the rematch, until I heard his father talk about how many problems Floyd has with southpaws. Then I started to realize it was a calculated duckage. What's funny is that I don't think anyone can beat Floyd. But as we've seen with greats throughout the years, when you fight everyone, eventually you WILL lose. Unless your name is Marciano or Ricardo Lopez that is. I mean hell, even the great Sugar Ray Robinson lost to a couple white boys. Even the great Ali learned that Joe Frazier was no joke. Ken Norton would probably beat Ali nine out of ten times.

Freitas and Kostya don't mean as much to me as Casa. Casayor slipped my mind. I think Casamayor was a problem that kept getting robbed. I think Kostya might have been the only real money out the three but after Hatton I lost a lot of respect for dude. Anyway, Floyd did beat niggas that got W's over niggas that these cat's lost to... Casamayor v Floyd would have been great.

Tim Bradley is that next dude, but honestly he doesn't need to fuck with Floyd or Manny.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Sorry dude.. You used to say insane shit. I barely paid your post any attention.:lol:

merce77

Star
Registered
Freitas and Kostya don't mean as much to me as Casa. Casayor slipped my mind. I think Casamayor was a problem that kept getting robbed. I think Kostya might have been the only real money out the three but after Hatton I lost a lot of respect for dude. Anyway, Floyd did beat niggas that got W's over niggas that these cat's lost to... Casamayor v Floyd would have been great.

Tim Bradley is that next dude, but honestly he doesn't need to fuck with Floyd or Manny.

Don't get me wrong, I think Floyd could've beaten Casa but Casa was that dude at lightweight during that period. Granted, the fight everyone was asking for was Corrales and Floyd and Floyd dished out one of the all time great ass whuppins ever witnessed. But technically speaking and experience wise, Casa was the guy who would've given Floyd the true test at lightweight. I also think Floyd could've beaten Kostya rather easily since he is way too disciplined to make the mistake that Zab did in getting cocky. Zab was whuppin his ass in tat first round and Floyd could've done that for twelve rounds against Kostya but when a dudes timing is that nasty.......I mean he threw that right hand on Zab and Sharmba where they were going to be and the punch and Zab/Sharmba, got there at the same time, timing like that is rare. Floyd prolly said "why risk it". We'll go up to welter. Also call me crazy but I sincerely think that Cory Spinks would've given Floyd a problem initially, probably wouldn't have ever beaten Floyd but Spinks was cute and slick and very fast and technically sound and a southpaw. That would not have been a money fight either, would've been like watching paint dry or a plant grow.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I questioned it myself but gave my fav fighter the benefit of the doubt like Floyd would beat him easily like he did Coralles or Castillo in the rematch, until I heard his father talk about how many problems Floyd has with southpaws.

This is why the Pacman fight was really intriguing to me... because of how Floyd struggled early against Zab Judah... dont know whether Zab just fell apart as usual or Floyd figured him out or a combination of that two AND Zab running out of gas as usualy but in the first 5-6 rounds it was VERY clear who was the faster boxer and he was sticking Floyd with FLUSH power shots.... then the typical Zab breakdown came... I want to see if that is a southpaw thing for Floyd...because Pacman, while not as fast as zab, is damn fast...but he throws punches from even more ackward angles and dude is not going to tire himself nor fall apart like Zab...

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Floyd has no heart and I challenge a Floyd fan here to prove me otherwise. Everytime he has had big challenges he's backed off. He folded against Castillo in the last 3 rounds because his hands were "hurting". Ya'll can say what you want about Gatti but thatmans heart was unquestionable. Dude WON fights with fucked up hands. Floyd has never put himself in a position where he had to prove his heart. Cats will come up with all kinds of reasons why he hasn't fought this guy and why he hasn't fought this dude - t comes down to one reason, Floyd has no heart. And if he's not careful, if this Mosley fight doesn't happen, it'll be anothr piece of evidence for my argument. Dude wants to go down as one of the greatest without ever having to prove it.
Also it's not up to any of you to validate a niccas fan status by saying if u ain't a fan of PBF or BHOP, then you're not a real fan - that's bullshit. I love boxing and I know great skills when I see it, but I'll be dammed if even some of Ali's best perforances weren't for the most part, boring as shit. But he took on the biggest an greatest challeges he culd even when people were saying he'd lose or get killed, or the guy was too young, or too big. I can imaginehow the media would've shredded a nicca like Floyd back in boxin's golden age. Can you imagine Floyd in a crop with Hearns, Leonard, Benitez, Hagler, McCallum. Man you would really have seen Floyd pull some excuses out of his ass then.......no heart and can't none of ya'll cats make a case against it with Floyds current body of work. If the Mosley fight falls apart, I wonder who he'll fight next, Malignaggi, MATT HATTON??!! Maybe he'll rematch with Henry Bruseles or call Sharmba Mitchell out of retirement.

LAstly, for all the cats that made the comment about Pac not fighting african american cats, I have a question - other than Zab and Chop Chop, name me a few brothers that Floyd has fought with - dude stays feasting on mexicans and white boys and that's a fact.

I don't question a guy's heart who's fighting with a broken hand. He's feeling it and using it, not me. Gatti won with one, good for Gatti. But Gatti didn't put himself in a position to prove his "heart", he was put there by circumstances and/or his opponent. Floyd hasn't had many opportunities to do so. Castillo tested him and he dominated him in an almost immediate rematch.
He does feast on a lot of Mexicans and White boys. I chalk that up to him playing the race game subtlely.
If he was an 80s fighter, he would have fought as many of those dudes as he could because they were money fighters. Him vs. Leonard or Hearns or Benitez would have been BIG fights on national television and closed circuit. The dude does big money, big exposure fights. I think he's sacrificed some hardcore boxing enthusiasts love for more crossover money. He talks a big talk but on 24/7, his uncle didn't say he was the greatest, he said it was Sugar Ray Robinson. The Mayweathers will always puff up Floyd's achievements but they seem to have a proper respect for what's come before (you just gotta catch off guard when the Bullshit Meter is off).
Enough talk about Malignaggi and M. Hatton. No one from Mayweather or Golden Boy camps ever mentioned either of them. The only people to even entertain this was those two guys. Floyd's only got 2-3 fights left in him, he's not going to waste on on either of these guys unless they do some really spectacular, high profile shit in the next 12 months.

So you're saying Mosley's best days AREN'T behind him. Do you say that so Floyd will look like he really did something by beating an old man? Floyd is a snake and to tell u the truth I don't think he gives a flying fuck about boxing or it's fans, I could never support a fighter like that. Maybe you can't compare Oscar and PBF skillwise but no question, Oscar took on all comers, his big fights were really events because he was always fighting dangerous dudes. Floyd is a cherry picker with a mouth and fans who are full of excuses but no substance. I mean when all is said and done, twenty years from now, when they look for a career defining fight, what'll it be? Corrales, that's it, that's all. No fight where Floyd had to dig deep, no fight where Floyd took on a dude everyone said could beat him and Floyd waxed that ass, no fight like that whatsoever because Floyd wouldn't take the challenges.

Okay, stop with Oscar. He's got a great, flashy resume but he was not always fighting dangerous dudes. With every Tito or Ike Quartey, there was a old ass Chavez or a past his prime Whitaker. When he fought Shane and Pacquiao, he was the bigger fighter and both guys were making they're debuts at welterweight. That guy was a master at perception and thought he was good at picking opponents at the right time ala Ray Leonard. The problem was he wasn't. He thought B-Hop was old and vulnerable and that he would get him like he did Chavez and Pernell. He was wrong. He never gave Ike Quartey a rematch, though he deserved it and never fought Winky Wright. Even after Wink became an HBO regular and valid ppv opponent, nada. Oscar's a cherry picker too just a bad one.

As for looking bad on career defining fights, everyone has one, just depends on the career and the eye of the observer. I think Floyd knows that and wants to get a couple more good wins and names on his record before his body completely breaks down on him. But that standard is too subjective for a fighter to consider. Paul Williams just had a hell of a fight with a dangerous opponent and instead of being elevated by some, he's been called "a fraud" and "exposed" (this isn't a universal line of thinking but it has popped up). You would think he got mollywopped by William Joppy or something. But if he just kept blowing through dudes, losing only a few rounds here and there, he would be vulnerable to a lack of "career defining fights".

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't question a guy's heart who's fighting with a broken hand. He's feeling it and using it, not me. Gatti won with one, good for Gatti. But Gatti didn't put himself in a position to prove his "heart", he was put there by circumstances and/or his opponent. Floyd hasn't had many opportunities to do so. Castillo tested him and he dominated him in an almost immediate rematch.
He does feast on a lot of Mexicans and White boys. I chalk that up to him playing the race game subtlely.
If he was an 80s fighter, he would have fought as many of those dudes as he could because they were money fighters. Him vs. Leonard or Hearns or Benitez would have been BIG fights on national television and closed circuit. The dude does big money, big exposure fights. I think he's sacrificed some hardcore boxing enthusiasts love for more crossover money. He talks a big talk but on 24/7, his uncle didn't say he was the greatest, he said it was Sugar Ray Robinson. The Mayweathers will always puff up Floyd's achievements but they seem to have a proper respect for what's come before (you just gotta catch off guard when the Bullshit Meter is off).
Enough talk about Malignaggi and M. Hatton. No one from Mayweather or Golden Boy camps ever mentioned either of them. The only people to even entertain this was those two guys. Floyd's only got 2-3 fights left in him, he's not going to waste on on either of these guys unless they do some really spectacular, high profile shit in the next 12 months.

Okay, stop with Oscar. He's got a great, flashy resume but he was not always fighting dangerous dudes. With every Tito or Ike Quartey, there was a old ass Chavez or a past his prime Whitaker. When he fought Shane and Pacquiao, he was the bigger fighter and both guys were making they're debuts at welterweight. That guy was a master at perception and thought he was good at picking opponents at the right time ala Ray Leonard. The problem was he wasn't. He thought B-Hop was old and vulnerable and that he would get him like he did Chavez and Pernell. He was wrong. He never gave Ike Quartey a rematch, though he deserved it and never fought Winky Wright. Even after Wink became an HBO regular and valid ppv opponent, nada. Oscar's a cherry picker too just a bad one.

As for looking bad on career defining fights, everyone has one, just depends on the career and the eye of the observer. I think Floyd knows that and wants to get a couple more good wins and names on his record before his body completely breaks down on him. But that standard is too subjective for a fighter to consider. Paul Williams just had a hell of a fight with a dangerous opponent and instead of being elevated by some, he's been called "a fraud" and "exposed" (this isn't a universal line of thinking but it has popped up). You would think he got mollywopped by William Joppy or something. But if he just kept blowing through dudes, losing only a few rounds here and there, he would be vulnerable to a lack of "career defining fights".

Shane Mosley did not make his debut at welter against Oscar but yeah, Oscar thought he was facing a smaller dude and would win easily. I don't think he was cherry picking against Hopkins. I don't recall Hopkins having shown any signs of being beatable at the time. Actually, when Oscar fought Hops, I finally had respect for Oscar. He seemed to be truly stepping up for a big fight without an asterisk next to it. I say finally but in reality he had stepped up in similar fashion against Trinidad and Quartey although his performances were not very good. I thought he drew with Trinidad and should have lost to Quartey. Anyway, fighting Hops when he did took balls. I was shocked that he was actually able to outbox Hops for several rounds and I was not impressed at all by Hops. He did what he had to do though when his trainer got in his ass about losing rounds. He said "fuck the boxing" mauled Oscar and got him out of there.

In general though, I think Oscar was one of the best cherrypickers of all time starting from the lightweight days. He made huge fights with a past his prime Chavez, fooled people many times into believing he was the real deal by destroying guys that had already been softened up by Tito Trinidad (Oba Carr, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga, Yory Boy Campas).

However, when it was time for Oscar to fight guys young and fresh like himself, Trinidad and Quartey, he was not blowing through those guys and in many eyes lost. That's why I can't sit here like the rest of you guys and say Floyd is the master of defense and would just easily beat everybody. Floyd should have to prove his so called mastery against young guys like Williams, Berto, Martinez, Pac, and even Cintron. Mosley is good but he is older and he was looking shot before the Margarito fight.

Like Buk says though, the Mosley fight isn't signed. This might all be moot and based on Floyd's history, I couldn't be too surprised if the fight with Mosley didn't come off.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Shane Mosley did not make his debut at welter against Oscar but yeah, Oscar thought he was facing a smaller dude and would win easily. I don't think he was cherry picking against Hopkins. I don't recall Hopkins having shown any signs of being beatable at the time. Actually, when Oscar fought Hops, I finally had respect for Oscar.

Yeah. I dont at all think that was a safe fight for Oscar. Bhop was on top of his game at the point and the bigger fighter...

merce77

Star
Registered

No matter what you want to say, you can break down all the opponents Oscar has fought and say this or that about them, we can't do that with Floyd because he hasn't fought any in years so trying to put Oscar under the microscope is all well and good, just know that Floyd's resume STILL doesn't compare to Oscar's or Mosley's or Pac's. You guys can come up with a whole bunch of reasons and rationalizations for Floyd but the FACTS are that since lightweight, Floyd has fought no one of consequence and has straight DUCKED anybody who people perceived as a threat. Those are facts. And Quartey LOST when he got put down by Oscar in the last round. And Oscar fighting Chavez was about getting the support of the Mexican public, the rematch he wanted because Chavez straight disrespected him after their first fight and Oscar wanted to whup his ass. And as much as I love Pernell, he tried to win that fight with a jab and flashy defense. Most of the punches he landed were jabs. I would've been happy with a draw, but it was no highway robbery, not like say, Mayweather/Castillo. Where Jose clearly outlanded Floyd by landslide numbers in the second half and was robbed.
IT's funny, Oscar fights everyone and their moms and guys come up with reasons why it was bullshit. Floyd DOESN'T fight anybody and u guys give him a pass and even help come up with reasons why he shouldn't fight them, I don't get it. That nicca's a fraud, point blank end of story. And if he doesn't fight Mosley, that cat will just be a joke to me. And I disagree with u about Floyd would've fought all those guys because they were big money. You still don't understand that Floyd is in love with his record, he wouldn't risk it even for fifty million. Oscar fought and ko'd Vargas when Vargas was pumped full of steroids and knocking OScar across the ring with every shot. Why won't Floyd fight lil ass PAcman even if he is juicing? Pacman is a cheater in my eyes but Floyd is starting to look like a straight coward.