How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

mimicman

Star
BGOL Investor
BAMM, here is one I never thought would happen. After almost 5 months of dialysis, my nephrologist told me Friday I no longer need to dialize!! Having the ports taken out this coming Wednesday! Been a long, hard battle and it's not over yet but I can say GOD IS GOOD!! Thank you to everybody on here for your prayers and well wishes!!!

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BAMM, here is one I never thought would happen. After almost 5 months of dialysis, my nephrologist told me Friday I no longer need to dialize!! Having the ports taken out this coming Wednesday! Been a long, hard battle and it's not over yet but I can say GOD IS GOOD!! Thank you to everybody on here for your prayers and well wishes!!!
You are blessed. :)

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

Wow, good for you bruh. Health is truly wealth, stay up :cool:

The stupidity is honestly overwhelming. :smh:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

GREAT NEWS FAMILY!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Great to hear, and continued best health wishes, MM.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cousin in Miami had his funeral last weekend. He was in the hospital for about two weeks before he died. Had another cousin that got in back in April and she recovered within a week or so. Crazy.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member

mimicman

Star
BGOL Investor
Has anyone heard of any caucasian people having to do dialysis because of Covid? I'm curious as I have not. Everyone I have heard of has been a person of color.
They say it effects blacks and other people of color harder. That has always sounded fishy to me

forest1965

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have approximately 430 days before I'm eligible to retire. I've been going into the office on Mondays, Wednesdays and teleworking the rest of the week. It's like once Wednesday is over, it feels like the weekend has started. It is a great way to transition into retirement. Now the only question is whether I'm going to retire in 2021 or will I stretch it out to 2022. My only Covid-19 drawback of having this schedule is the fact that when I'm off, everyone else is either home teleworking or or off themselves. Hey, I love my wife and daughter to death, however, I can use a vacation from both of them.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Has anyone heard of any caucasian people having to do dialysis because of Covid? I'm curious as I have not. Everyone I have heard of has been a person of color.
They say it effects blacks and other people of color harder. That has always sounded fishy to me

Isn't diabetes a lot higher in black communities, because of diet, obesity, and lack of medical care?

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
Well, I have one cousin from my uncle that I never met die from it she was young with health problems, I have another cousin she is just a straight gutta hood rat throwing kickbacks and hood smoke outs not thinking shit stink she got it but lived through it.

I gotta an uncle in the Ohio prison system were the coronavirus is fuckin shit up that I had to order mask for him to make sure he didn't check out before his parole date which is 10 years from now.

Other than that I have my mother who is 64 always doing old people shit forgetting her mask when shopping. letting every motherfucker come to visit her who have told her they were exposed to the virus from a 3rd and 4th party.

and for me when I step out so many people with no mask all up in each other faces laughing it up talking shit makes me sick.

I'm on edge I just can't comprehend why niggas need to hit the bar strip clubs with this shit in floating in the air the USA is fucked retarded and spoiled all about fun and bullshit and willing to die for the sake of fun.

This shit is fuckin with me I just can't see why people think shit is sweet, I am literally going underground until 2024

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Isn't diabetes a lot higher in black communities, because of diet, obesity, and lack of medical care?
You saying it’s more POC with diet obese and bad medical care?

cause those my 400+ life shows only show cacs in they death beds.

don’t fall for the hype of high blood pressure and shit.

cacs been dying long befeaux that shitty Rumor gat started.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Man the paranoia gets to you. I work my various locations inside and outside of my city. Inside Houston, everyone is masked up. When I'm in a "red county" (mostly Republican) they have no mask orders snd people refuse to wear them and will even clown you for wearing one.

Well, I have one cousin from my uncle that I never met die from it she was young with health problems, I have another cousin she is just a straight gutta hood rat throwing kickbacks and hood smoke outs not thinking shit stink she got it but lived through it.

I gotta an uncle in the Ohio prison system were the coronavirus is fuckin shit up that I had to order mask for him to make sure he didn't check out before his parole date which is 10 years from now.

Other than that I have my mother who is 64 always doing old people shit forgetting her mask when shopping. letting every motherfucker come to visit her who have told her they were exposed to the virus from a 3rd and 4th party.

and for me when I step out so many people with no mask all up in each other faces laughing it up talking shit makes me sick.

I'm on edge I just can't comprehend why niggas need to hit the bar strip clubs with this shit in floating in the air the USA is fucked retarded and spoiled all about fun and bullshit and willing to die for the sake of fun.

This shit is fuckin with me I just can't see why people think shit is sweet, I am literally going underground until 2024

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
One of our oncall workers had a coworker test positive on July 30th, and they had worked with them at that time (another location - same field). They found out about the coworker's positive test approximately 8 days later, shortly after working an oncall nightshift with us. Fortunately they were not feeling unwell & got tested to be sure, as per protocol. Fortunately they were negative (got their result in 1 - 2 days), and we have strict cleaning protocols at work & they would not have had direct contact with our clientele. Main concern being the cleaning & sanitizing of surface areas, etc. Manager notified staffing that would have had contact with them at shift exchange, as well as other staff on the roster.

We have 7 regular staffing, and approximately 12 - 15 on the oncall roster. Of the auxillary staffing, 3 - 4 people do the bulk of the shift coverage. Also, 2 of the part-timers pick up the occasional shifts as they have 24- and 32-hour lines respectively.

Our core regular staffing have been with the organization from anywhere between 10 - 20 years. Been with the org' for 16 years personally.

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Close cousin got it. He was the only one in the house that got it, his teenage son and wife didn't get it. They locked his ass up, brought him everything, food, whatever. He was in the bedroom for 2 weeks. Had some bad bouts with fever, said he was hallucinating, became emotional distraught from being locked in for that long. Luckily they have a big house.

My wife's 65 year old cousin died at home alone. Single man, but had a gf in another state. They talked everyday, save the day he didn't answer the phone. She called up his mom and brother. They went over, found him in the bed, gone. He was diabetic, high blood pressure, but was an active man, wasnt some fat jelly ass nigga, but yes he had some pre-existing issues. Shame he died alone. Luckily he was found within 24 hours. He had 2 kids. He was a good dude, coached basketball, he was loved. Went to the doctor twice, they sent his ass home with a zpack, never tested him. He was soft on wearing masks, from what I hear. Complained about being exhausted, fevers, coughs, but he could breath, so I guess thats why they didn't admit him to the hospital.

If you have family that live alone, be sure to go check them often, like call everything 3 hours or so. Take them food, all that.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
If you have family that live alone, be sure to go check them often, like call everything 3 hours or so. Take them food, all that.

Glad to hear your cousin recovered, and condolences re: your wife's cousin. Thanks for sharing their experiences.

Good point about checking in on people.

My dad's old school. Has never owned a cellphone, and thereby doesn't text. He's big on landline calls & email though. He checks in regularly with people as is ... often weekly & has been doing wellness checks by phone on countless people throughout covid times. Especially with his core friend group in that 60 - 75yo range, and remaining relatives primarily being 65 - 92yo. Especially with the 80 - 92yo relatives in the States, and in assorted provinces.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So, my receptionist caught it while she was attending a church retreat. I'm glad her girl snitched on her to me and I asked her to take a test before coming back to work....