First Look: DC's Shazam Trailer

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
then I do NOT see why DC/WB doesnt do @largebillsonlyplease version (Matt reeves)

its CHEAPER, cleaner easier smarter and more CRITIC FRIENDLY.

OK it won't be a BLOCKBUSTER most likely

but there is something to be said for respectability

and art

and well just being GOOD.

OK I understand an R is tough but Deadpool and Logan proved its doable.

and its not like its THAT far a departure from the TRUE Batman.

but I really do NOT know what DC fans want right now?

and it isn't REALLY their fault.

Are we doing a CONNECTED universe?

Or continued stand alone films

I don't care myself I just want GOOD

I was VERY impressed with the tone and effects of Aquaman

this one if my kids are the judge will be a BIG family friendly film (and that is NOT a bad thing)

unfortunately Shazam came off as SILLY and I don't know if yo want to go THAT far.

and that suit?

its funny how a studio STILL doesn't realize how f*cking important something like that is.
they don't understand or even care to understand their customers
DC is floundering because of this
Star Trek franchise fell apart for this reason and still can't recover because of greed,
Star Wars might walk into the same quagmire if they keep seeking out balance of mass appeal vs "fan service" instead of just selling fantasy

Ok but honestly the ONLY time we REALLY got Bruce Wayne?

was Batman '66 and the Animated Series and Gotham (kinda)

I feel like a writer has a WHOLE LOT of heaving lifting to do to get that developed.

The audience doesn't REALLY know Bruce.

Bruce is the drunken Playboy

they don't know Matches Malone

and they don't know Batman ,,,the world's greatest detective either.

you got about 2 hours to do ALL that cuz...

good f*cking luck.
Marc Bernardin hads a great idea of a dark low budget batman in tandem with a blockbuster pg13

They should create 6 to 8 hours of content for the DC streaming service and Netflix following the rules in the bible of Batman animated series but using b or c story lines to form arcs that feed into a movie
gives world building and character development for Bruce and villains

People that never saw Firefly were still able to love Serenity...

Autobot8655

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man,.....just saw the Justice League (most of it at least) recently.

That shit was hot garbage. I cut it off during the last 15-20 minutes.

DC has some major work to do to compete with Marvel in live action films.

The Wonder Woman movie was dope as fuck though....

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit ain’t coming out til next yr so his flossing dance will be played out.....

I know that don’t have nothing to do with shit but I hate that dance so much ima pass on this shit.

I’m dead ass serious too

DC smh ‍♂️

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Marc Bernardin hads a great idea of a dark low budget batman in tandem with a blockbuster pg13

They should create 6 to 8 hours of content for the DC streaming service and Netflix following the rules in the bible of Batman animated series but using b or c story lines to form arcs that feed into a movie
gives world building and character development for Bruce and villains

People that never saw Firefly were still able to love Serenity...

tenor.gif

and even though you have NO IDEA what this show is?

same for veronica mars.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit ain’t coming out til next yr so his flossing dance will be played out.....

I know that don’t have nothing to do with shit but I hate that dance so much ima pass on this shit.

I’m dead ass serious too

DC smh ‍♂️
Wouldn't shock me if that part isn't even in the movie though. IT seems lately I see trailers and the shit don't even be in the movie.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
"improved" might be too much...
I agree that instead of producing art - its a calculated business - in this case they really don't understand their customers...

here is the problem imo - comic books / Star Wars are a new mythology...

in the past century - sentimental stories based on older myths and characters from Robin Hood, King Arthur, Gods of Olympus, 3 Musketeers, to Bible characters received films faithful to the source before creatives started trying to reimagine or improve for commercial purposes... No one is upset that every 10 years there will be a shitty reimagined 3 musketeers or robin hood, because the traditional story was already done well in an earlier film

Just like in the past many fans of comics & scifi today want to experience story telling that tries to match or exceed what they have read or seen through other more limited media.
Backlash is generated because today instead of the traditional story -in many cases they are getting market tested "entertainment" (guaranteed lo quality of creative writing) geared to at best attract a wider audience at worst pander to a social agenda
In the case of geeks there is going to be extreme minority (alt right geekdom)

Agreed

when they really should tackle the actual story. make an actual good story. and then fill in from there.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this shit is wack as fuck

on some greatest american hero done wrong bullshit

I would have been okay if this was the Greatest American Hero reboot. Based off the trailer it looks shitty! DC should just stick with anime movies as much as I want them to do well they still fall short.

"Believe it or not.... I'm walking on air....". :lol:

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I KNEW you were going to say that... :lol:

honestly fam..

this is a VERY difficult endeavor..

the general audience doesn't KNOW that version of Batman...

are they going to watch 2 hour two fisted detective film noir Law and Order procedural?

basically

Gotham Confidential?

with NO ORIGIN story?

you talking R rated?

you talking murders...with BLOOD.

REAL VIOLENCE

gravity? real world rules?

hand to hand, knives guns broken bones

No bulky armor and magic cape?

no funky colors crazy schemes and traps weird camera angles?

villains who SHOOT first?

actual dialogue?

and Bruce being PLAYBOY Bruce Wayne?

seeing Bruce being BATMAN without his costume on?

and you think AFFLECK can pull that off too?
yes I been said you could do that movie as riddler as the bad guy..make it like die hard 3 on some Simon says shit..have Batman run around the city trying to solve shit, going through obstacles, etc.. Best bet is to make it where even the audience don't know who the riddler is.. And at the end when you think Batman got the right guy they pull some saw ending kyser soze shit.. It's easy

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yes I been said you could do that movie as riddler as the bad guy..make it like die hard 3 on some Simon says shit..have Batman run around the city trying to solve shit, going through obstacles, etc.. Best bet is to make it where even the audience don't know who the riddler is.. And at the end when you think Batman got the right guy they pull some saw ending kyser soze shit.. It's easy

Well damn...

Batman meets Se7en

@largebillsonlyplease

Go.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not 7... More like die hard with a vengeance meets a pg-13 saw

Fuck Bruce wayne.. I want Batman 24/7 in this..give this movie like a 24-48 hr window where he got to go through the ringer nonstop...cause if he don't half of Gotham will die

I think 7 would work

Real detective work, seeing what makes batman the best psychological

Violent slow then hyper kinetic.

I think that's possible.

More adult.

You wouldn't want to see that?

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So now dc trying the Thor 3 angle with it being comedy
I was thinking Deadpool but Dead was funny and dark so:dunno: IDK. I honestly thought this was a joke or fan made trailer at first. Damn DC why cant you just copy after the freakin cartoons?:smh:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Well damn...

Batman meets Se7en

@largebillsonlyplease

Go.

I literally described talls scenario so we're thinking alike

You can argue about Superman maybe but only because of the bubblegum way he was introduced to the world which was bullshit imo.
(The 70s movies)
There is no argument to lighten Batman PERIOD.

They haven't gone full on dark in story yet. Nolan got the mood somewhat he got the visuals but the tones weren't as dark as they could be

Look either he is a maniac with morality or not

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think 7 would work

Real detective work, seeing what makes batman the best psychological

Violent slow then hyper kinetic.

I think that's possible.

More adult.

You wouldn't want to see that?
nope I want an action fucking thriller ...no love story, no boring was back story, or you being a rich playboy, nope an action end of your seat thriller, where Batman does thing right does thing wrong, and in the end when you think he succeeded he dosent.. Yes heroes can lose.. Make the villain unknown to the fucking end... Riddled should be a voice, words on the wall, text messages, for most of the movie

"You've been using your muscles and gadgets all your life to stop crime,but today I'm gonna test a tool that you hardly use, your brain"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
nope I want an action fucking thriller ...no love story, no boring was back story, or you being a rich playboy, nope an action end of your seat thriller, where Batman does thing right does thing wrong, and in the end when you think he succeeded he dosent.. Yes heroes can lose.. Make the villain unknown to the fucking end... Riddled should be a voice, words on the wall, text messages, for most of the movie

"You've been using your muscles and gadgets all your life to stop crime,but today I'm gonna test a tool that you hardly use, your brain"

you know what?

sadly in the context solely of the movies?

this is completely true

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

You can argue about Superman maybe but only because of the bubblegum way he was introduced to the world which was bullshit imo.
(The 70s movies)

They haven't gone full on dark in story yet. Nolan got the mood somewhat he got the visuals but the tones weren't as dark as they could be

cuz, any studio exec with half a mind hears you say this?

and doesn't hand you over 250K off spec?

:itsawrap:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

(The 70s movies)

I will NOT have you disparage in ANY way the first 2 Superman movies

RIP C. Reeves

Nope no damn way.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I disagree there

we have NEVER REALLY scene ANY of THAT Bruce on the big screen and its important and part of the legend and a crucial part of his arsenal.

and if played well would TOTALLY be an integral part of seeing the GREAT DETECTIVE Batman on the big screen.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I disagree there

we have NEVER REALLY scene ANY of THAT Bruce on the big screen and its important and part of the legend and a crucial part of his arsenal.

and if played well would TOTALLY be an integral part of seeing the GREAT DETECTIVE Batman on the big screen.
When you saw the movie commando did you think awww man I wish I would of saw more scenes of Arnold helping his daughter with her homework, making family dinners, telling his daughter how to do la u dry, teaching her how to drive, did you care to see more about him being a role model to his daughter? Nah save that lifetime movie shit for some Brady bunch movie I came to see commando kick ass and maneuver through shit.. Well that's how I need to see a Batman flick for once