First Look: DC's Shazam Trailer

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lucy Liu Joins Shazam! Sequel as Villainous Goddess and Sister to Helen Mirren’s Hespera
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer

182d879aa33f6c553895e813bb31fe86e9-12-Lucy-Liu.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Gary Gershoff/Getty Images
Hope Zachary Levi is prepared to go up against some Titans of Hollywood, because the pantheon of A-list bad guys in Shazam! Fury of the Gods just doubled. According to Variety, Elementary star Lucy Liu has ascended to the level of goddess, alongside Helen Mirren’s previously-announced Hespera, as the villainous Kalypso. While their respective deities, Variety writes, do “not have an obvious counterpart in DC Comics,” they are the daughters of Atlas in Greek mythology. The Titan is “one of the sources of Shazam!’s powers,” specifically stamina, alongside Solomon, Hercules, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury. Oh right, it’s an acronym!

Over on humanity’s side of the legendary feud is Zachary Levi, who returns as the franchise’s titular superhero, and Asher Angel, who plays Shazam!’s alter ego Billy Batson. The sequel will be helmed by returning director David F. Sandberg and written by Henry Gayden, with a scheduled release date on June 2, 2023. Personally, we can’t wait to see Lucy Liu back on the big screen and playing a ne’er-do-well. She was hair-raising in Set It Up, and that was just as an impeccably-dressed sports editor.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I KNEW you were going to say that... :lol:

honestly fam..

this is a VERY difficult endeavor..

the general audience doesn't KNOW that version of Batman...

are they going to watch 2 hour two fisted detective film noir Law and Order procedural?

basically

Gotham Confidential?

with NO ORIGIN story?

you talking R rated?

you talking murders...with BLOOD.

REAL VIOLENCE

gravity? real world rules?

hand to hand, knives guns broken bones

No bulky armor and magic cape?

no funky colors crazy schemes and traps weird camera angles?

villains who SHOOT first?

actual dialogue?

and Bruce being PLAYBOY Bruce Wayne?

seeing Bruce being BATMAN without his costume on?

and you think AFFLECK can pull that off too?

Ok but honestly the ONLY time we REALLY got Bruce Wayne?

was Batman '66 and the Animated Series and Gotham (kinda)

I feel like a writer has a WHOLE LOT of heaving lifting to do to get that developed.

The audience doesn't REALLY know Bruce.

Bruce is the drunken Playboy

they don't know Matches Malone

and they don't know Batman ,,,the world's greatest detective either.

you got about 2 hours to do ALL that cuz...

good f*cking luck.

Like I keep saying DC execs

I know yall lurking

@largebillsonlyplease just give this man the keys