First Look: DC's Shazam Trailer

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Okay I take back what I said there may be potential to this

I see they got djimon playing wizard, and it looks like it's going to be a 3 movie arc next one being black adam

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
"Teaser trailer".....???

The only thing getting teased is DC fans thinking one of their movies is gonna be a hit... the one that turns things around for them.

2 ininutes in.... this ain't it.….. and April 19..... 2019???.... DC must betting the farm on this.... with trailers this early being released…….will catch it on Netflix or something.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Its fine...(the little kids seem good)

I'm surprised the actor they picked who is usually really good, doesn't seem to CLICK here.

and the costume people should be ashamed.

at least in this trailer

I can't put my finger on it.

But it will do great with kids and families.

All that DARK stuff needed a break.

and i NEVER thought I'd see a big screen Captain Marvel...hold on TWO in my lifetime.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
from only watching the trailer, I think it went too far in the direction of being funny. Guardians of the Galaxy had a great balance between drama/levity. This trailer pushes too far imo.

Thor was absurd, but I feel like the chemistry and charisma of the cast pulled it off.

i ono bout this Shazam

and I am admittedly biased, I absolutely hate the "kid in an adult body" thing.

I understand it's a part of the character, though... I guess.

We will see though, It's only a trailer and they have several months before release.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah
It's not that
It's a character fit.

I think dark Superman is best period

Shazam isn't dark he's like this so we'll see.

we have had this debate before...

MY Superman?

Is the boy scout

He can have angst empathy anger conflict jealously guilt...

and STILL make him the light.

I like the actor playing him now is GREAT but I still haven't seen the character written properly in the Synder verse.

shazam is fun light

but there have been very successful versions that have shades of darkness

I definitely think this the direction to go

but I question the actor (solely based on this trailer)

Unfortunately Brandon Frazier and Nathan fillion aged out.

I was hesitant before. and the trailer is NOT reassuring.

Hopefully he can pull it off

cause if not?

the Rock is gonna BLOW him off the screen in the possible sequel

JazzyBenz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
not what I remember on Saturday mornings growing up...don't know...this comedy/funny angle...not feeling it...

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
we have had this debate before...

MY Superman?

Is the boy scout

He can have angst empathy anger conflict jealously guilt...

and STILL make him the light.

I like the actor playing him now is GREAT but I still haven't seen the character written properly in the Synder verse.

shazam is fun light

but there have been very successful versions that have shades of darkness

I definitely think this the direction to go

but I question the actor (solely based on this trailer)

Unfortunately Brandon Frazier and Nathan fillion aged out.

I was hesitant before. and the trailer is NOT reassuring.

Hopefully he can pull it off

cause if not?

the Rock is gonna BLOW him off the screen in the possible sequel

Well the main problem with everyone's analysis about the new superman is this.
HE isn't those things.
HE brings those things out in other people.
Whereas before he'd be like he is now but everyone else would be skipping to work while Zod and everything else was going down and we'd never see reactions outside of "Oh that's just superman" that made it FEEL like he was light.
In these renditions he hasn't been DARK AT ALL
the WORLD AROUND HIM IS DARK.
and for some reason people can't handle that. and that's funny as fuck to me.
The entire difference between this superman and the old ones is the world around him reacting differently to the emergence of a god

instead of "look in the sky there's a bird it's a plane no its superman woo hoo!"
it's
"fox news debate should there be a a superman?"
tons of people HATE him cause they haters
others worship him cause he is actually a god among men
and everything between.
its easy to be like people don't like HIM when really it's that they don't like the mirror held up to themselves

and to that i say DEAL WITH IT.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well the main problem with everyone's analysis about the new superman is this.
HE isn't those things.
HE brings those things out in other people.
Whereas before he'd be like he is now but everyone else would be skipping to work while Zod and everything else was going down and we'd never see reactions outside of "Oh that's just superman" that made it FEEL like he was light.
In these renditions he hasn't been DARK AT ALL
the WORLD AROUND HIM IS DARK.
and for some reason people can't handle that. and that's funny as fuck to me.
The entire difference between this superman and the old ones is the world around him reacting differently to the emergence of a god

instead of "look in the sky there's a bird it's a plane no its superman woo hoo!"
it's
"fox news debate should there be a a superman?"
tons of people HATE him cause they haters
others worship him cause he is actually a god among men
and everything between.
its easy to be like people don't like HIM when really it's that they don't like the mirror held up to themselves

and to that i say DEAL WITH IT.

OK you know what?

you broke that down nicely and your right

It is a dark world..

(and that classic Man of Steel Fight scene is STILL VERY under appreciated)

and in effect it is darkening Superman? (Is THAT what you saying) and he is the LIGHT in a dark world?

Cause it was the way he killed Zod (yeah I know he had no other option,i guess) but it was that and the father dying in the storm that just..

I don't know took me OUT of it.

and aint they kill Jimmy Olsen too?

Anyway I hear you, then I have no IDEA why the new Superman did not resonate with me even though I think Cavill does a GREAT job.

And i LOVE the way Synder wet BACK and put it together the world scared of superman some worshiping him and a COST for all his actions...LOVED that

but I still do NOT understand why it didn't CONNECT.

Hold on..

YOU are the writer and creator...

forget the hold dark light stuff.

WHY did Man of Steel BVS and Justice League

STORYWISE

NOT connect?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
OK you know what?

you broke that down nicely and your right

It is a dark world..

(and that classic Man of Steel Fight scene is STILL VERY under appreciated)

and in effect it is darkening Superman? (Is THAT what you saying) and he is the LIGHT in a dark world?

Cause it was the way he killed Zod (yeah I know he had no other option,i guess) but it was that and the father dying in the storm that just..

I don't know took me OUT of it.

and aint they kill Jimmy Olsen too?

Anyway I hear you, then I have no IDEA why the new Superman did not resonate with me even though I think Cavill does a GREAT job.

And i LOVE the way Synder wet BACK and put it together the world scared of superman some worshiping him and a COST for all his actions...LOVED that

but I still do NOT understand why it didn't CONNECT.

Hold on..

YOU are the writer and creator...

forget the hold dark light stuff.

WHY did Man of Steel BVS and Justice League

STORYWISE

NOT connect?

The not saving dad setup his entire existence. He made the ultimate sacrifice before anyone even knew what he could do. So from that point on he's had a turmoil inside of him every time he saves because he could have and should have saved his father but didn't because he trusted him. and listened to him. you know he thinks his mother hates him for it too right? it weighs on him and YET he still is there for us. he's a human being from midwest. he's american. he's a human man with god powers. to portray him as a droid is bullshit always was bullshit and idc what anyone has to say about it either.
what makes him the light is the fact that all of that is weighing on him and he STILL DOES IT. if that's not light and an example we can actually follow, then idk what is?

now with bvs people really just didn't like afleck as batman.
also there wasn't enough balance and they didn't flash the story out.
and with justice league it was rushed. they just wanted a 3 movie arc without taking the proper time to make it work.
honestly justice league shouldn't even be coming out until AFTER we've gotten these aquaman and whoever else movies..
even a solo batman film
like to be REALLY effective superman would have to be dead for YEARS meaning all of these people deal with a world that doesn't have him.. and then he returns in justice league 6 years later... but you can't do that
which also is why it was a mistake to kill him in the first place.
we needed 2 super man movies
2 wonder woman
1 aqua
then add a batman movie which plays the part of captain america meaning batman has flash and cyborg in it.
and then we assemble the justice league.

at the end of solo batman
those 3 are together. wonder woman shows up and says Steppenwolf is coming without saying his name.

we need him.
they argue about the morality of it
then we cut to his grave.
end movie justice league is setup.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The not saving dad setup his entire existence. He made the ultimate sacrifice before anyone even knew what he could do. So from that point on he's had a turmoil inside of him every time he saves because he could have and should have saved his father but didn't because he trusted him. and listened to him. you know he thinks his mother hates him for it too right? it weighs on him and YET he still is there for us. he's a human being from midwest. he's american. he's a human man with god powers. to portray him as a droid is bullshit always was bullshit and idc what anyone has to say about it either.
what makes him the light is the fact that all of that is weighing on him and he STILL DOES IT. if that's not light and an example we can actually follow, then idk what is?

now with bvs people really just didn't like afleck as batman.
also there wasn't enough balance and they didn't flash the story out.
and with justice league it was rushed. they just wanted a 3 movie arc without taking the proper time to make it work.
honestly justice league shouldn't even be coming out until AFTER we've gotten these aquaman and whoever else movies..
even a solo batman film
like to be REALLY effective superman would have to be dead for YEARS meaning all of these people deal with a world that doesn't have him.. and then he returns in justice league 6 years later... but you can't do that
which also is why it was a mistake to kill him in the first place.
we needed 2 super man movies
2 wonder woman
1 aqua
then add a batman movie which plays the part of captain america meaning batman has flash and cyborg in it.
and then we assemble the justice league.

at the end of solo batman
those 3 are together. wonder woman shows up and says Steppenwolf is coming without saying his name.

we need him.
they argue about the morality of it
then we cut to his grave.
end movie justice league is setup.

Cuz..

that was f*cking brilliant...SERIOUSLY

but do you think Snyder was able to SUCCESSFULLY CONVEY THAT?????!?!?!?

I think we can agree he did not

for WHATEVER reason.

So I don't want to be too hard on the audience.

you shouldn't need to do THAT much heavy lifting.

Say what you will..

Marvel movies transport you and get you fully engulfed in THAT UNIVERSE.

so I feel like they EARNED so much that people fell connected to the story from jump and can accept things and will ALLOW for deeper thought and meaning

EVEN when it may not even be THERE.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@largebillsonlyplease

So I showed your niece this trailer and ALL the others...

and she LOVED Shazam the MOST.

So they gonna get that 8 - 15 age range on LOCK.

easy.

She LIKED the Aquaman but she wanted to see it because of Justice League.

She wanted to see WW2 the next day...

but she SAVED money her OWN MONEY to see Antman and Wasp

and wants to pre order Infinity War 2 NOW.

Marvel got this kids trying to open 401Ks out here.