First Look: DC's Shazam Trailer

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I disagree there

we have NEVER REALLY scene ANY of THAT Bruce on the big screen and its important and part of the legend and a crucial part of his arsenal.

and if played well would TOTALLY be an integral part of seeing the GREAT DETECTIVE Batman on the big screen.
When you saw the movie commando did you think awww man I wish I would of saw more scenes of Arnold helping his daughter with her homework, making family dinners, telling his daughter how to do la u dry, teaching her how to drive, did you care to see more about him being a role model to his daughter? Nah save that lifetime movie shit for some Brady bunch movie I came to see commando kick ass and maneuver through shit.. Well that's how I need to see a Batman flick for once

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When you saw the movie commando did you think awww man I wish I would of saw more scenes of Arnold helping his daughter with her homework, making family dinners, telling his daughter how to do la u dry, teaching her how to drive, did you care to see more about him being a role model to his daughter? Nah save that lifetime movie shit for some Brady bunch movie I came to see commando kick ass and maneuver through shit.. Well that's how I need to see a Batman flick for once

all that you saying though IS NOT BRUCE.

never has been in damn 75 years.

In the comics...Bruce is a valuable tool and a part of the Batman

remember

Batman didn't lose his parents in Crime alley

Bruce Wayne did.

Bruce CREATED Batman.

that is the engine the fuel the fire at the core of Batman.

without Bruce?

there is NO Batman.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

remember

Bruce Wayne did.

Bruce CREATED Batman.

without Bruce?

there is NO Batman.

We need a true duality movie there hasn't been one

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
done right Bruce Wayne still gets very little time ... absolutley no romance, a few corporate obligations -
more time would go to maintaining one or 2 of his cover identities - it would be him working with drug dealers gangsters pimps fences hitmen - picking and helping professional criminals stay in business - think of the kind of underworld networks in Heat

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
done right Bruce Wayne still gets very little time ... absolutley no romance, a few corporate obligations -
more time would go to maintaining one or 2 of his cover identities - it would be him working with drug dealers gangsters pimps fences hitmen - picking and helping professional criminals stay in business - think of the kind of underworld networks in Heat

Yup
Bruce and his cover identities showing off his intelligence to infiltrate.
And Also Batman putting the work in.
I mean it really is easily done and they haven't done it. Refuse to do it.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

remember

Bruce Wayne did.

Bruce CREATED Batman.

without Bruce?

there is NO Batman.
ehhh there is ONLY Batman-
Bruce Wayne died sometime after his parents were killed ... leaving only a person primarily obsessed with his personal form of vengeance- sometimes it lands on the side of justice - sometimes it helps the law
We need a true duality movie there hasn't been one
based on the best stories I've read- I wouldn't call it a duality - they never have the time to demonstrate how Wayne is just another cover persona for Batman- in many ways in his mind on the same par with Matches and other "masks" he wears as needed...

the real difference for Bruce is the efforts / love of Alfred and the rest of the Bat family... there is a very real difference between how he operates when left alone for a long time vs when he is surrounded by those that refuse to see him as only Batman

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
ehhh there is ONLY Batman-
Bruce Wayne died sometime after his parents were killed ... leaving only a person primarily obsessed with his personal form of vengeance- sometimes it lands on the side of justice - sometimes it helps the law
based on how II wouldn't call it a duality - they never have the time to demonstrate how Wayne is just another cover persona for Batman- in many ways in his mind on the same par with Matches and other "masks" he wears as needed...

the real difference for Bruce is the efforts / love of Alfred and the rest of the Bat family... there is a very real difference between how he operates when left alone for a long time vs when he is surrounded by those that refuse to see him as only Batman

Exactly
But that's also my point
The audience hasn't even been exposed to the fact that Batman isn't his cover, that's who he is. Bruce is the hobby

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Exactly
But that's also my point
The audience hasn't even been exposed to the fact that Batman isn't his cover, that's who he is. Bruce is the hobby

@ViCiouS

But see I think a good writer could really delve into that.

Bruce loves Alfred not Batman.

It was Bruce that saw that child who lost both his parents at the circus.

Bruce just proposed to Catwoman

Bruce is THERE.

he is a conscience, dark and broken as it might be.

Members of the Bat family know WHEN they ate dealing with Bruce or the Bat.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Getting of Batman(and by the way Bruce Wayne "died" in that alley and Batman was "born":D) and back to Shazam, the subject original thread, I hope it does well but there is something that irks me.

Okay, why did they have to make the wizard a black man. That begs the question you mean to tell you could NOT some one 'worthy' - from among you OWN PEOPLE?

Really:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:?

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shazam looks exactly like i thought it would be but i believe it will
have that kids dollars factor going for i

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

remember

Bruce Wayne did.

Bruce CREATED Batman.

without Bruce?

there is NO Batman.
Bruce is a Netflix series, Batman is a 2 hr movie... Remember ya disagreed with me b4 and dc was destroyed by bvs.. Remember I was the original person on here that thought that idea was stupid...and 95 percent of the board said I didn't know what I was talking about bvs was gonna be a hit... Look what happened... Save Martha bwahaaaa... Like I said a riddler movie with nobody knowing the bad guy until the end... A voice, writing on walls, newspaper cutouts, text or email(only thing you get from the riddler most of the movie) Batman running around die hard with a vengeance style trying to stop traps, going through obstacles, trying to save people, fighting some people...failing missions succeeding some missions...we never seen a Batman shot like that b4

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruce is a Netflix series, Batman is a 2 hr movie... Remember ya disagreed with me b4 and dc was destroyed by bvs.. Remember I was the original person on here that thought that idea was stupid...and 95 percent of the board said I didn't know what I was talking about bvs was gonna be a hit... Look what happened... Save Martha bwahaaaa... Like I said a riddler movie with nobody knowing the bad guy until the end... A voice, writing on walls, newspaper cutouts, text or email(only thing you get from the riddler most of the movie) Batman running around die hard with a vengeance style trying to stop traps, going through obstacles, trying to save people, fighting some people...failing missions succeeding some missions...we never seen a Batman shot like that b4

damn it

this is true.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
here's my thing.. I'm all for Shazam being light and funny.. just not stupid. and if it could help DC out of their emo funk the better...

shazam could be the one to let them know that they are not being the heroes they are suppose to be

right after supes and billy kick the shit out of each other

Last edited:

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
here's my thing.. I'm all for Shazam being light and funny.. just not stupid. and if it could help DC out of their emo funk the better...

shazam let them know that they are not being the heroes they are suppose to be

right after supes and billy kick the shit out of each other

Shazam is so underrated :smh:
This is one of my favorite fight scenes.
This and the one with Black Atom :yes:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I like it. The first one I have no problem with it being fun but he does eventually need to understand what he has to deal with as a hero. Especially once he runs into Black Adam.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Shazam! Director Trolls Fans Over Batman Forever Suit Comparisons

After fans started drawing comparisons between the popularly derided suit from Batman Forever and the suit from the upcoming DC superhero adaptation Shazam!, the movie's director, David Sandberg (Annabelle: Creation, Light's Out), didn't go down without a fight. In fact, he took to social media to troll a fan who pointed out the negative comparison.

Based on the comic book of the same name from writer Bill Parker and illustrator C.C. Beck, Shazam! centers around a young orphan named Billy Batson (played by Asher Angel) who is granted a number of magical powers that enable him to transform into a hero known as Captain Marvel (in early comics) or Shazam (in later comics). With the ability to transform into the much older superhero (played by Zachary Levi) simply by uttering the word, "Shazam!," Billy relishes in his newfound powers alongside his best friend Freddy Freeman (played by IT's Jack Dylan Grazer) until a greater threat - courtesy of Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (played by Mark Strong) - begins to interfere. And now that the first official images of Levi have surfaced, showcasing the hero's deliberately over-the-top ensemble, director David Sandberg took to social media to defend the movie's aesthetic choices to critical fans.

Related: Leaked Shazam! Footage Reveals First Look At The Superhero In Action

After some criticisms surfaced from fans regarding the design of Shazam's suit, Sandberg took to Twitter to troll the critics. One fan commented on a photo retweeted by Levi that revealed a hi-res shot of the actor in costume on the cover of EW. The fan's comment was specifically directed at Sandberg when he said, "jesus Christ. what the hell is this? David we thought ur gonna bring the DCEU back to the track. but this looks like BATMAN FOREVER S***." However, instead of taking the criticism to heart, Sandberg responded with a humorous slant:

The fan also took aim at the string of critical failures within the DCEU - including Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, and, most recently, Justice League - suggesting that Shazam! lost its chance to stand alongside Wonder Woman as a positive outlier in DC's extended universe. Meanwhile, Sandberg's sarcastic response might also loosely refer to the SNL feature-length movie Coneheads, in which Dan Aykroyd's alien character has two nipples on his behind.

Harsh criticisms from fans are inevitable with any comic book adaptation, but between the backlash against Joss Whedon's cut of Justice League, Man of Steel's handling of Superman, and the DCEU's interpretation of the Joker, DC has still managed to continue standing tall. Along with their misfires, they have successes (namely with Wonder Woman, as well as their perseverance to learn from their mistakes and pursue a new direction with their adaptations), and as long as the filmmakers behind the scenes have thick skin, they've got a shot at proving the DCEU isn't yet down for the count.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Aquaman Director James Wan Comes to Shazam!'s Defense

Earlier today, Shazam! director David F. Sandberg answered fans frustrated with the fact that there hasn't been a new trailer for the movie yet. When one fan pointed that Aquaman had multiple trailers by this time in its release schedule, Aquaman director James Wan stepped in and came to Sandberg's defense.

Wan recalled that, before Aquaman became the biggest DC movie ever, people were also making similar comments about the film. Wan pointed out that when Warner Bros. waited until Comic-Con International in San Diego to release the trailer, "people freaked out." He also brought up the negative response when Aquaman's release date was moved from October to December.

Wan made it clear that this is a no-win situation because Aquaman was accused of "showing too much," while Shazam! is accused of not showing enough. "Best thing you can do is ignore all the noise and distraction, and focus on your project and do your best," Wan finished. "That’s all you can do."

RELATED: Aquaman Is Officially One of the Highest-Grossing Movies Ever

Arriving April 5, director David F. Sandberg’s Shazam! stars Asher Angel as Billy Batson, Zachary Levi as Shazam, Mark Strong as Dr. Thaddeus Sivana, Djimon Hounsou as the ancient wizard Shazam, Grace Fulton as Mary Bromfield, Jack Dylan Grazer as Frederick “Freddy” Freeman, Ian Chen as Eugene Choi, Jovan Armand as Pedro Peña, Faithe Herman as Darla Dudley, Cooper Andrews as Victor Vásquez and Marta Milans as Rosa Vásquez.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
shazam-sivana-1.jpg

Shazam! Director Responds to Aladdin Comparison By Turning Dr. Sivana Blue

Despite Shazam!'s impending release, the film hasn't ramped up its marketing just yet. In response to a claim that this means he has something to hide, director David F. Sandberg offered a tongue-in-cheek response.

When asked on Twitter if Shazam!’s limited marketing was similar to Disney "hiding" Aladdin's blue Genie, Sandberg replied with a screenshot of the film that features a new look for the villainous Dr. Sivana.

“I guess it was just a matter of time before someone figured it out,” Sandberg quipped over the still. The scene is taken from the film’s first theatrical trailer, but changes the skin tone of Mark Strong’s Dr. Sivana to blue and adds a bit of genie-inspired hair.

ADVERTISING
RELATED: Shazam!'s Zachary Levi Still Wants to Join the DCEU Justice League

Shazam! is notable in its absence from marketing, especially given the success of Aquaman and the marketing blitz that accompanied it. The anticipated blockbuster is due in theaters in April, less than a month before another Captain Marvel graces the big screen. The last major news drop, including official stills and a theatrical trailer, was in December. Since then, we’ve only received a few small bursts of news, including merchandise tie-insand an announced sneak peek for Aquaman’s home video release.

Starring Zachary Levi, Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer and Djimon Hounsou, Shazam! is due in theaters on April 5th, 2019.