Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Scottie Pippen: ‘The Last Dance’ was about Michael Jordan ‘trying to uplift himself and to be glorified’

How accurate was the The Last Dance in showing what went on?
I don’t think it was that accurate in terms of really defining what was accomplished in one of the greatest eras of basketball, but also by two of the greatest players – and one could even put that aside and say the greatest team of all time. I didn’t think those things stood out in the documentary. I thought it was more about Michael trying to uplift himself and to be glorified [the series was co-produced by Jordan’s Jump 23 company]. I think it also backfired to some degree in that people got a chance to see what kind of personality Michael had.

Have you spoken to him about your opinion of series?
Yeah. I told him I wasn’t too pleased with it. He accepted it. He said, “hey, you’re right”. That was pretty much it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Scottie Pippen: ‘The Last Dance’ was about Michael Jordan ‘trying to uplift himself and to be glorified’

I don’t think it was that accurate in terms of really defining what was accomplished in one of the greatest eras of basketball, but also by two of the greatest players – and one could even put that aside and say the greatest team of all time. I didn’t think those things stood out in the documentary. I thought it was more about Michael trying to uplift himself and to be glorified [the series was co-produced by Jordan’s Jump 23 company]. I think it also backfired to some degree in that people got a chance to see what kind of personality Michael had.

Yeah. I told him I wasn’t too pleased with it. He accepted it. He said, “hey, you’re right”. That was pretty much it.

well did NOT expect that....

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

He sounds like Kyrie, a bitter bitch

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor

Told niggaz it was the equivalent of an Al Qaeda propaganda video and that's why i wasn't interested in it

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Told niggaz it was the equivalent of an Al Qaeda propaganda video and that's why i wasn't interested in it

All the white people up here seem to love it. I still havent watched and dont feel like I missed anything. This nigga just gave 130 mill to Gordon Hayward who cares what an old coon gotta say? :dunno:

I also enjoying seeing Jordan stans toss his best teammate ever under the bus. So when we explain to the seeds Michael Jordan and his fans are never loyal to Black people they believe it. Its a white people's brand.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Scottie signed that Jerry Jones style contract. 7 year 18 million was good in 91, by 93 and damned sure by 97 it was paltry

People have called mj a bitch for complaining about getting beat up vs the pistons.. Once the piston couldn't beat up the bulls they lost.. What does that say about your team? If nfl told the patriots they can't cheat anymore and they never won a super bowl again what does that say about the team? When Detroit was forced to rely on skill the bad boy era was over... Think about it

only issue i had was with the rodman episode, just felt like it aired backwards. started with him on the bulls, then ended with him on the pistons. but not a big deal.

These white people loved the doc. :lol:

TallCAC has like 80 posts in this thread. TimRoti got like 60, and Spider705 got like 50. The stans are loyal and dedicated.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

tenor.gif

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Salute Daddy Que
Nothing but props for his no patience having ass. I love that dude, he doesn't suffer fools or stupidity. I just got off the phone to tell him I am going to get them the Alexa with the video and he was like nah I am good. I told him we decided and the vote was unanimous and he is still trying to veto. Nah, you getting it, I will be there in August to set it up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nothing but props for his no patience having ass. I love that dude, he doesn't suffer fools or stupidity. I just got off the phone to tell him I am going to get them the Alexa with the video and he was like nah I am good. I told him we decided and the vote was unanimous and he is still trying to veto. Nah, you getting it, I will be there in August to set it up.

I LOVE IT BRO!!!!!

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cherish these times with him, friend. Cherish these times...