Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What’s to hear?

We all feel the same way, they should’ve manned up.

Yeah ok don't tell me listen again stop assuming everyone is like you actually being able to hold 2 separate individual opinions at the same time.

Most can't

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah ok don't tell me listen again stop assuming everyone is like you actually being able to hold 2 separate individual opinions at the same time.

Most can't

I’m pretty sure most people who know the situation think, “Hey, why doesn’t any of these guys just say they don’t want him on the team”?

I could be wrong. :dunno:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I’m pretty sure most people who know the situation think, “Hey, why doesn’t any of these guys just say they don’t want him on the team”?

I could be wrong. :dunno:

Keep in mind that alot of the big names in the sports media came to Jordan's defense so some of the comments are directed at them too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Clyde Drexler fires back at Michael Jordan after disrespect in 'The Last Dance'
By Daniel Canova | Fox News
close

Fox Nation's 'Guarding Jordan': Former NBA star Jeff Hornacek reflects on playing the NBA great
Portland Trail Blazers’ great Clyde Drexler was one of Michael Jordan’s longtime rivals during their playing days, and it was showcased during “The Last Dance” documentary.

In the docuseries, Jordan said that he was “offended” when he was compared to Drexler.
HORACE GRANT DENIES HE WAS SOURCE FOR 'THE JORDAN RULES' AFTER MICHAEL JORDAN'S CLAIM: 'LIE, LIE, LIE'
"I'm not saying [Clyde] wasn't a threat. But me being compared to him, I took offense to that,” Jordan said.
Drexler, one of the best shooting guards in the NBA during that era, fired back at Jordan.
“That’s Michael’s documentary so obviously it’s going to be from his perspective,” Drexler said during an appearance on SportsTalk 790. “Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. A lot of times guys didn’t like each other from other teams, but as you get older, you’ve got to get beyond all of that and show some love and some respect for the people you played with and against.
SCOTTIE PIPPEN IS 'BEYOND LIVID' ABOUT HOW MICHAEL JORDAN PORTRAYED HIM IN 'THE LAST DANCE'
“This is a team game, it’s not one guy,” Drexler added. “You can have 50 points and 40 rebounds, but if you lose, are you less of a player than anybody on the other team? No, it’s a team game. So I hate when people act like it’s an individual competition. I didn’t take 35 shots and get 20 free throws a night, so I wasn’t going to score 40 points a night.”

Drexler and the Trail Blazers fell to the Chicago Bulls in the 1992 NBA Finals, however, Drexler ended up winning a championship with the Houston Rockets in 1995.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Scottie Pippen is 'beyond livid' about how Michael Jordan portrayed him in 'The Last Dance'

Video
Former NBA star Jeff Hornacek on 'the one big key' to guarding Michael Jordan

Horace Grant isn’t the only former teammate of Michael Jordan who is unhappy with how he was portrayed in ESPN’s “The Last Dance." You can add Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen to that list too.

According to David Kaplan of ESPN 1000 in Chicago, Pippen, who won six NBA championships with Jordan and the Chicago Bulls during the ‘90s, is “so angry” and “beyond livid” at his teammate for how he came across in the documentary.
Pippen’s unhappiness derives from Jordan calling him "selfish" and that he "didn't realize what he was getting himself into" with the 10-part series that spanned five weeks.
"[Pippen] felt like up until the last few minutes of Game 6 against the Jazz [in the 1998 NBA Finals], it was just 'bash Scottie, bash Scottie, bash Scottie,'" Kaplan said.
HORACE GRANT DENIES HE WAS SOURCE FOR 'THE JORDAN RULES' AFTER MICHAEL JORDAN'S CLAIM

This report comes after Grant vehemently denied he fed author Sam Smith information about the team for his book “The Jordan Rules.”
Jordan made the claim during documentary and Grant got his chance at a rebuttal on Tuesday during an interview on ESPN 1000’s “Kap and Co.”
CHICAGO BULLS STILL TRYING TO FIND 7TH CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER MICHAEL JORDAN ERA

“Lie, lie, lie. ... If MJ had a grudge with me, let's settle this like men,” Grant told the Chicago-based radio station. “Let's talk about it. Or we can settle it another way. But yet and still, he goes out and puts this lie out that I was the source behind [the book]. Sam and I have always been great friends. We're still great friends. But the sanctity of that locker room, I would never put anything personal out there. The mere fact that Sam Smith was an investigative reporter. That he had to have two sources, two, to write a book, I guess. Why would MJ just point me out?”
Grant added that if you say something about Jordan, "he's going to try to destroy your character."
Grant confirmed a story from Smith earlier this month. Smith told KNBR that Jordan took Grant’s food away when the forward had a bad game. Grant said he didn’t take it lightly.
“Anybody [who] knows me, as a rookie, if anybody comes up and tries to snatch my food away, I'm going to do my best to beat their a--,” he said. “And believe me, back then, I could have took MJ in a heartbeat. Yes, it's true that he told the flight attendant, 'Well, don't give him anything because he played like crap.' And I went right back at him.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
“I said some choice words that I won't repeat here. But I said some choice words and stood up. 'If you want it, you come and get it.' And of course, he didn't move. He was just barking. But that was the story. But anybody [who] knows me, where I come from and what I stand for, come on, man. There's nobody in this Earth would ever come and try to take food off my plate and not get their rear ends beaten.”
Grant, who helped the Bulls to three of their championships, said he last spoke to Jordan about three years ago but wasn’t concerned whether they were still on good terms.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
"I didn’t take 35 shots and get 20 free throws a night, so I wasn’t going to score 40 points a night.”

:lol:

5-10 years from now people will look back at this doc as a turning point in the legacy of MJ. Dude threw teammates and contemporaries under the bus to project himself superior. A lot of guys that just went along caping for him as GOAT in the 80s and 90s are now realizing all that did was benefit him. Now they starting to say what they really feel and not protect his image like they all used to since it was "good for the game" back then.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Scottie Pippen is 'beyond livid' about how Michael Jordan portrayed him in 'The Last Dance'

Video
Former NBA star Jeff Hornacek on 'the one big key' to guarding Michael Jordan

Horace Grant isn’t the only former teammate of Michael Jordan who is unhappy with how he was portrayed in ESPN’s “The Last Dance." You can add Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen to that list too.

According to David Kaplan of ESPN 1000 in Chicago, Pippen, who won six NBA championships with Jordan and the Chicago Bulls during the ‘90s, is “so angry” and “beyond livid” at his teammate for how he came across in the documentary.
Pippen’s unhappiness derives from Jordan calling him "selfish" and that he "didn't realize what he was getting himself into" with the 10-part series that spanned five weeks.
"[Pippen] felt like up until the last few minutes of Game 6 against the Jazz [in the 1998 NBA Finals], it was just 'bash Scottie, bash Scottie, bash Scottie,'" Kaplan said.
HORACE GRANT DENIES HE WAS SOURCE FOR 'THE JORDAN RULES' AFTER MICHAEL JORDAN'S CLAIM

This report comes after Grant vehemently denied he fed author Sam Smith information about the team for his book “The Jordan Rules.”
Jordan made the claim during documentary and Grant got his chance at a rebuttal on Tuesday during an interview on ESPN 1000’s “Kap and Co.”
CHICAGO BULLS STILL TRYING TO FIND 7TH CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER MICHAEL JORDAN ERA

“Lie, lie, lie. ... If MJ had a grudge with me, let's settle this like men,” Grant told the Chicago-based radio station. “Let's talk about it. Or we can settle it another way. But yet and still, he goes out and puts this lie out that I was the source behind [the book]. Sam and I have always been great friends. We're still great friends. But the sanctity of that locker room, I would never put anything personal out there. The mere fact that Sam Smith was an investigative reporter. That he had to have two sources, two, to write a book, I guess. Why would MJ just point me out?”
Grant added that if you say something about Jordan, "he's going to try to destroy your character."
Grant confirmed a story from Smith earlier this month. Smith told KNBR that Jordan took Grant’s food away when the forward had a bad game. Grant said he didn’t take it lightly.
“Anybody [who] knows me, as a rookie, if anybody comes up and tries to snatch my food away, I'm going to do my best to beat their a--,” he said. “And believe me, back then, I could have took MJ in a heartbeat. Yes, it's true that he told the flight attendant, 'Well, don't give him anything because he played like crap.' And I went right back at him.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
“I said some choice words that I won't repeat here. But I said some choice words and stood up. 'If you want it, you come and get it.' And of course, he didn't move. He was just barking. But that was the story. But anybody [who] knows me, where I come from and what I stand for, come on, man. There's nobody in this Earth would ever come and try to take food off my plate and not get their rear ends beaten.”
Grant, who helped the Bulls to three of their championships, said he last spoke to Jordan about three years ago but wasn’t concerned whether they were still on good terms.

Quick question, did they use this in those shots with Scottie talking?

1-14-9-22-15-54-1m.jpg

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I would be mad too,if someone lied like that in a documentary..Payton never said he shut Jordan down. He said,he slowed him down which was a fact. Im not saying the Sonics would have won but I think the series would have gone to seven games....

I don't understand,why people believe every single word coming from Jordan's mouth...

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I don't understand,why people believe every single word coming from Jordan's mouth...

Cuz the media is heavily slanted in his favor since he's such a cash cow. The media also doesnt want any bad info on MJ out yet because all that shit will drop when he dies and they gonna monetize it then. His legacy isnt built to last after his death. It will be profitable to tear it apart then, watch.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
weak-sauce that 30 years later you just cant say..."yeah i said it"

For a man called the goat, money, black jesus, black cat...

Clowned EVERYONE

And produced a 10 hour documentary to do it on camera

He sure scared of a under 6 ft point guard from Chicago who has a winning record against him.

Cause TRUST zeke would have had no problem

Then and now

saying HE DID IT if it did.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I would be mad too,if someone lied like that in a documentary..Payton never said he shut Jordan down. He said,he slowed him down which was a fact. Im not saying the Sonics would have won but I think the series would have gone to seven games....

Just go check the numbers..

The glove DID have a major effect defensively

And apparently Jordan can do and say anything cause of those rings.

Russell was treated like shit in boston, gayle slandered kobe days after hos death, the painted nigg**, on lebron door, and clown Pip on the regular word to Future...

Guess their rings don't count the same.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Something that needs to be addressed

Players like zeke and Lebron did NOT have the privilege of a stable 2 parent home like Jordan.

That MEANS something

Cause don't let these folks talk about mental toughness and dismiss the mental stregth and will it takes for players like Lebron, Pippen, Rodman

to not only make it to the league

But to the hall of fame

Against a whole lot of odds MJ was blessed not to face

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Respect to MJ

For hanging in the air with his tongue out and switched hands to deftly avoid addressing kids killing each other for his overpriced sneakers.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Respect to MJ

For hanging in the air with his tongue out and switched hands to deftly avoid addressing kids killing each other for his overpriced sneakers.

There’s literally nothing he can do to stop that other than say, “Don’t kill over my shoes”.

People kill over dirty looks and stares.

But on a serious note, you aight man? You ain’t been right since...

giphy.gif
PoorSardonicBaiji-max-1mb.gif
0e090e940a5f6a478f59dd60d829506d.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You right CAC. There's nothing MJ could've done. People die everyday B. :lol:

I like this game! I can pretend to be white and you can pretend to be heterosexual.

So for 24 hours you can try to do what heterosexual men do! I know the gyms are closed but go outside and play basketball, and this time try not to put the ball in my our mouth!

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
We already know he said it.

What i dont get is why he keeps denying it.

Not a single one of these guys has the balls to say they asked for Thomas to not be there?
they don't hear you fam

All the players and the head coach were CHOSEN by Rod Thorn to be on the DreamTeam, there were NBA players and coaches that weren’t on the team but could’ve been but Rod Thorn didn’t choose them. Michael Jordan was the face of the NBA and because of that was the only player that Rod Thorn felt needed to be on the team so he did what he felt he needed to get Jordan on the team. If Scottie, Charles, David Robinson, etc...said they wouldnt play with Isaiah then he could’ve chosen someone else. Magic wasn’t even playing in the NBA and Bird was close to retiring so them not being on the team could’ve been explained away, MJ was needed and that’s why Isaiah wasn’t on there

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I like this game! I can pretend to be white and you can pretend to be heterosexual.

So for 24 hours you can try to do what heterosexual men do! I know the gyms are closed but go outside and play basketball, and this time try not to put the ball in my our mouth!

Its better if you are white. If you were black typing the bullshit you just typed then you'd be a coon. Plus you not verified and named yourself after a CAC. Prioritizing a shoe legacy over black life and acting like he can't say nothing, that bullshit aint gonna fly. Others did and took action. MJ is just a coward and dont care about black life like yourself. Retro sneakers staying relevant and "cool" is more important

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its better if you are white. If you were black typing the bullshit you just typed then you'd be a coon. Plus you not verified and named yourself after a CAC. Prioritizing a shoe legacy over black life and acting like he can't say nothing, that bullshit aint gonna fly. Others did and took action. MJ is just a coward and dont care about black life like yourself. Retro sneakers staying relevant and "cool" is more important

Nothing I just typed was race related so the term “Coon” doesn’t fit. Unfortunately you lack knowledge on Black related issues so you don’t even know that. Which shows again, that you type bullshit.

I was hoping to see some growth in your response since you were pretending to be heterosexual. I guess it takes a while to adapt.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Nothing I just typed was race related so the term “Coon” doesn’t fit. Unfortunately you lack knowledge on Black related issues so you don’t even know that. Which shows again, that you type bullshit.

I was hoping to see some growth in your response since you were pretending to be heterosexual. I guess it takes a while to adapt.

You dismissed death so easily and make excuses like he couldnt do nothing. So he can make a 10 part doc for you to ride his dick, or assert himself superior to todays athlete at the drop of a hat but to address the youth killing over his sneaker with his likeness is too much. :smh: And Im sorry no black man addresses homosexuality as much as you inject it, your whiteness always shows "Picasso".

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You dismissed death so easily and make excuses like he couldnt do nothing. So he can make a 10 part doc for you to ride his dick, or assert himself superior to todays athlete at the drop of a hat but to address the youth killing over his sneaker with his likeness is too much. :smh: And Im sorry no black man addresses homosexuality as much as you inject it, your whiteness always shows "Picasso".

No_to_fags.png

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is what Jordan's fanbase has devolved to. Only whites like Picasso and blacks detached from the black community are still fully throated defending this coons legacy. Defending coons is hard work.

Can you please show respect to us Black people by capitalizing the word “Black”?

It’s disrespectful to us, but you know that don’t you which is why you keep typing in lowercase. It’s the little things that expose you.

air-jordans-more-limited-in-2018.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Can you please show respect to us Black people by capitalizing the word “Black”?

It’s disrespectful to us, but you know that don’t you which is why you keep typing in lowercase. It’s the little things that expose you.

air-jordans-more-limited-in-2018.jpg

You arent black and arent verified. Ive never seen you speak on ADOS, which is odd because its been at the forefront of our community over a year. But you will speak at length about MJ. FOH. Why does a black person name themselves Picasso?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You arent black and arent verified. Ive never seen you speak on ADOS, which is odd because its been at the forefront of our community over a year. But you will speak at length about MJ. FOH. Why does a black person name themselves Picasso?

tenor.gif

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
All the players and the head coach were CHOSEN by Rod Thorn to be on the DreamTeam, there were NBA players and coaches that weren’t on the team but could’ve been but Rod Thorn didn’t choose them. Michael Jordan was the face of the NBA and because of that was the only player that Rod Thorn felt needed to be on the team so he did what he felt he needed to get Jordan on the team. If Scottie, Charles, David Robinson, etc...said they wouldnt play with Isaiah then he could’ve chosen someone else. Magic wasn’t even playing in the NBA and Bird was close to retiring so them not being on the team could’ve been explained away, MJ was needed and that’s why Isaiah wasn’t on there

Fam we dont need an explanation as to why MJ had all the power. We know why.

The only question is why does MJ lie about using his power to keep Isiah off the team even decades later.

All these other players sing the same song. Pippen has been the only one to be upfront about not wanting to play with Isiah. Everybody else says "well its the other guys who didnt like him".

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Cuz the media is heavily slanted in his favor since he's such a cash cow. The media also doesnt want any bad info on MJ out yet because all that shit will drop when he dies and they gonna monetize it then. His legacy isnt built to last after his death. It will be profitable to tear it apart then, watch.

And,then want to say Payton or anyone thats trying set the record straight is jealous of Jordan. Payton,Drexler and Isiah have nothing to be jealous about especially when they accomplished alot more than any their peers.

Watching this shit confirms how much of a hoe ass dude MJ was. Dude is a douche

Clyde Drexler had to come out and defend himself because of the documentary..He rarely comes out for anything.

Just go check the numbers..

The glove DID have a major effect defensively

And apparently Jordan can do and say anything cause of those rings.

Russell was treated like shit in boston, gayle slandered kobe days after hos death, the painted nigg**, on lebron door, and clown Pip on the regular word to Future...

Guess their rings don't count the same.

I know the numbers but people act like what he said was bullshit. Payton made Jordan work for his points. What's funny,Payton was the only person that made him score under his average in the Finals. People may say allowing 23.7 ppg in the Finals aint nothing but that's for other players but Jordan was averaging 30 ppg in the Finals.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And,then want to say Payton or anyone thats trying set the record straight is jealous of Jordan. Payton,Drexler and Isiah have nothing to be jealous about especially when they accomplished alot more than any their peers.

Clyde Drexler had to come out and defend himself because of the documentary..He rarely comes out for anything.

I know the numbers but people act like what he said was bullshit. Payton made Jordan work for his points. What's funny,Payton was the only person that made him score under his average in the Finals. People may say allowing 23.7 ppg in the Finals aint nothing but that's for other players but Jordan was averaging 30 ppg in the Finals.

^^^^^