Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Hold on hold on now you bugging

Zeke and Joe and Mark and Vinnie

Primary skills were they were dirty?

Wtf bro you bugging

And you KNOW better

The WHOLE LEAGUE played like that too.

Exactly. That's how the league played and it didn't start with the Pistons. We could run with finesse teams too (like the Showtime Lakers).

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
never saw the 30 for 30... But Celtics wasn't really liked either.. That was the all cac team in people eyes.. It's actually why bird doesn't get all the respect he does cause to many black people he represented the enemy.. I think Celtics hands down was
The most hated team by black people.. All you use to hear is fuck that white boy.. People enjoyed Lakers cause they would serve them cacs.. I think more people like Celtics losing than the piston actually beating them that series.. Cause it was like fuck them cacs

tenor.png

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Injuries and expansion took starters from the squad. Teams lose... they had a hell of a run and beat teams better than the Bulls ever beat in the Finals.

Team was on the tail end of its run but we booted the Bulls out of the playoffs 3 straight years.. during our Prime, we washed the bulls :lol:
Zeke still crying in that car 3 decades later

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Hold on hold on now you bugging

Zeke and Joe and Mark and Vinnie

Primary skills were they were dirty?

Wtf bro you bugging

And you KNOW better

The WHOLE LEAGUE played like that too.
They actually said it in the documentary. Once they realized they couldn’t bully Pippen anymore they knew it was over. Bulls were on another level at that point.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
For the record? Trying to sell the argument that they (Celtics) did it too is also a pussy ass move. Be man enough to simply say you didn't like the muthafuckas and said fuck them.

I believe people were probably saying they understood why the Celtics did it because of how physical/dirty the Pistons were playing. The Pistons said they used to knock people out of the air and hack them, they even showed video of the Pistons and Celtics getting into fights after hacking Bird, McHale, and I think Robert Parrish broke Laimbeers nose in a fight too. There was real bad blood between them so people saw that different

So Sharpe's narrative is that Jordan is beyond being Coached an since Phil was actually coaching that's a knock against Jordan. What kind of stupid shit is that and why are so many muthafuckas buying into it?

Nah if you‘ve been watching the show, for years Skip has been the one who has been saying MJ was beyond being coached and that when MJ made those passes to Paxson and Kerr MJ was the one that drew the play up, claiming he covered every game for the Bulls back then so he knew With this documentary showing video of Phil telling MJ to find the open man and get his teammates involved Shannon was proving Skip had been lying all these years. There was another clip were Skip was talking about MJ being the MVP for like 4 different things in the NBA that year and Shannon said he was the MVP in all those categories but was bounced out the playoffs because the coach, Doug Collins, felt he could just give MJ the ball and let him do what he wanted, Shannon was pointing out it wasn’t until Phil got him to use his teammates that he started winning. It really all ties into there MILLION DEBATES about Lebron not always wanting to shoot the game winner and instead making the right play

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
the infamous Celtic series they played Celtics was up and salley infamously said some shit to the camera like it's aggressive time and either threw an elbow or a punch towards camera.. Detroit started beating the Celtics up the rest of the series and won.. It's why the Celtics walked off the court cause they didn't respect that dirty shit.. told you bird didn't give a fuck about zeke either cause he wore them piston colors
Wish i would have saved the link. Actually i think Jemele tweeted it too. But a yahoo story popped up on my phone earlier talking about the handshake stuff and said Boston was just as dirty as Detroit but Jordan cried about us so it made us dirty players.

Also said how they just try and glance over the Pistons time like the torch went from La to Boston and then to Chicago like we never had our hands on it. Boston was the darling of the 80s but never went back 2 back like the Pistons. Niggaz been hating on the D since the beginning of time. Guess that's why we created the "Detroit vs Everybody" then the world hopped on that wave and tried stealing it too like it wasn't ours

Edit: here's the story

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Glad you addressed it. This nigga trippin big time.
People have called mj a bitch for complaining about getting beat up vs the pistons.. Once the piston couldn't beat up the bulls they lost.. What does that say about your team? If nfl told the patriots they can't cheat anymore and they never won a super bowl again what does that say about the team? When Detroit was forced to rely on skill the bad boy era was over... Think about it

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
People have called mj a bitch for complaining about getting beat up vs the pistons.. Once the piston couldn't beat up the bulls they lost.. What does that say about your team? If nfl told the patriots they can't cheat anymore and they never won a super bowl again what does that say about the team? When Detroit was forced to rely on skill the bad boy era was over... Think about it
Or maybe the team was getting older. Niggaz getting injured. Losing players to expansion draft. But yea keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to so you can sleep at night with MJ still being your hero. He had to fight to get thru us. Not the other way around

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Or maybe the team was getting older. Niggaz getting injured. Losing players to expansion draft. But yea keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to so you can sleep at night with MJ still being your hero. He had to fight to get thru us. Not the other way around
is Bill laimbeer your hero? I liked the bulls quit it with that hero shit.. At first it was bulls beat pistons cause mj complained to the refs.. Now it's a billion other things.. Funny how people would say don't make excuses for the bulls but when it's their team on the temperature in the arena was 5 degrees warmer than normal.. BAd boy dynasty ended when it couldn't be dirty.. When John salley couldn't closeline people and actually had to score it was fail city for that team

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For the record, with all my heart and soul I still hate Bill Laimbeer!! Like if I was at the gates of heaven bout to walk in and seen Laimbeer on line I beat the shit out him on sight. If I was helping an old lady across the street and seen him I'm leaving her there and setting it on his ass!! If that duck faced cac delivered a Publishers Clearing House check to my crib I'm stabbing him in the doorway. I can't prove it but as a youth he was the face of white supremacy to me. He got a Klan robe in his closet!!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
For the record, with all my heart and soul I still hate Bill Laimbeer!! Like if I was at the gates of heaven bout to walk in and seen Laimbeer on line I beat the shit out him on sight. If I was helping an old lady across the street and seen him I'm leaving her there and setting it on his ass!! If that duck faced cac delivered a Publishers Clearing House check to my crib I'm stabbing him in the doorway. I can't prove it but as a youth he was the face of white supremacy to me. He got a Klan robe in his closet!!
Trust you ain't the only one.. That guy was the most hated cac in sports.. Nigs hated the Celtics but hated laimbeer more.. Fuck that cac..only reason why he didn't get his ass kicked more cause he was surrounded by tough ass black teammates

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
is Bill laimbeer your hero? I liked the bulls quit it with that hero shit.. At first it was bulls beat pistons cause mj complained to the refs.. Now it's a billion other things.. Funny how people would say don't make excuses for the bulls but when it's their team on the temperature in the arena was 5 degrees warmer than normal.. BAd boy dynasty ended when it couldn't be dirty.. When John salley couldn't closeline people and actually had to score it was fail city for that team
Nobody making excuses. We won our rings homie and had out to shine. But don't forget those pistons are 3-1 on the bulls

Last edited:

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
I believe people were probably saying they understood why the Celtics did it because of how physical/dirty the Pistons were playing. The Pistons said they used to knock people out of the air and hack them, they even showed video of the Pistons and Celtics getting into fights after hacking Bird, McHale, and I think Robert Parrish broke Laimbeers nose in a fight too. There was real bad blood between them so people saw that different

Nah if you‘ve been watching the show, for years Skip has been the one who has been saying MJ was beyond being coached and that when MJ made those passes to Paxson and Kerr MJ was the one that drew the play up, claiming he covered every game for the Bulls back then so he knew With this documentary showing video of Phil telling MJ to find the open man and get his teammates involved Shannon was proving Skip had been lying all these years. There was another clip were Skip was talking about MJ being the MVP for like 4 different things in the NBA that year and Shannon said he was the MVP in all those categories but was bounced out the playoffs because the coach, Doug Collins, felt he could just give MJ the ball and let him do what he wanted, Shannon was pointing out it wasn’t until Phil got him to use his teammates that he started winning. It really all ties into there MILLION DEBATES about Lebron not always wanting to shoot the game winner and instead making the right play

Meh. Shannon's motives for even mentioning this won't help his boy.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Im just trying to understand...

The same people complaining about the rules being changed and the game being less physical today...

Are out there cheering MJ for crying to David Stern about the Pistons being too rough with him and vilifying the Pistons for it.

How does that work?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

lmbaooo...

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Unsung hero is Tex Winter because the triple post offense was a major factor in that team's success and Jordan fought hard against it initially

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
John Salley: Magic, Not Jordan, was the Reason Isiah Thomas Didn't Make the Dream Team (Part 4)

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Meh. Shannon's motives for even mentioning this won't help his boy.

:roflmao2: :lol: Man the show is geared around talking about Lebron, if any subject from any sport during anytime of the year can somehow be twisted around to fit Lebron into it they will do it...lol

Im just trying to understand...

The same people complaining about the rules being changed and the game being less physical today...

Are out there cheering MJ for crying to David Stern about the Pistons being too rough with him and vilifying the Pistons for it.

How does that work?

Man there’s a difference between playing physical and playing dirty, the people that wanted it to be less physical just wanted the NBA to stop letting players try to purposely hurt other players when they’d push them out the air, elbowing them and throwing them to the ground, that’s dirty play not physical play. Thats what they wanted but the NBA went from one extreme to the other, went from letting players slam each other to letting players flop all over the court and get rewarded with free throws