Discussion: ESPN The Last Dance 10-Part Michael Jordan Documentary Series UPDATE: Early release due to coronavirus!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ESPN released a new teaser for 'The Last Dance' on Tuesday, detailing Michael Jordan's final season with the Bulls in 1997-98.

'The Last Dance' is a ten-hour project from ESPN and ABC, unveiling never-before-seen footage of Chicago's last run to the Finals with Jordan. Tuesday's teaser is an addendum to the documentary's trailer that was released on Christmas Day 2018.

The debut of 'The Last Dance' has yet to be announced, but ESPN noted the documentary will be released in 2020.

Watch the newest teaser below:

It's coming

Here's a look at "The Last Dance," a 10-part documentary which chronicles Michael Jordan and the '97-'98 Bulls, debuting in 2020. pic.twitter.com/0fpbOhPSQX

— ESPN (@ESPN) September 10, 2019
Jordan and the Bulls won their sixth Finals of the 1990s in 1997-98. Chicago defeated the Jazz in six games, with Jordan hitting the game-winning shot in the final seconds over Byron Russell.

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
10 part series for one season?

I’m hoping it’s just Jordan’s whole career from his perspective

chitownsfinest

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sources said the start date will be Sunday, April 19. It was originally slated for June.

That's gotta be the dopest show intro in history.

Crazy seeing Kobe in it. I'm old enough to remember that year. You did have a sense that u were viewing something you'd never see again. They were like a rock band everywhere they went.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Bron trolling niggas and they too dumb to see it. :lol:

Spida, Outlaw, and Truth punched their wives and kids when Cleveland won the chip in 2016. Dont project your stanning on me ladies. You 5-6 dudes and white people the only ones still excited about this.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im a knick fan...

We’re sorry to hear that...

x-files-apocrypha-scully-grave.gif

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Being as though I am from that area and I watched basketball religiously. I am not all that excited about this series. I guess it will be nice fill in the blanks about who was doing what and who was mad at each other, but I kind of don’t care anymore. It will be nice to see highlights of 90’s basketball, but that’s it. Also, what does Justin Timberlake have to do with anything related to His Greatness. I bet y’all don’t remember that Michael Jordan is a Que, which I am sure that’s what all the barking in the video is for.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Being as though I am from that area and I watched basketball religiously. I am not all that excited about this series. I guess it will be nice fill in the blanks about who was doing what and who was mad at each other, but I kind of don’t care anymore. It will be nice to see highlights of 90’s basketball, but that’s it. Also, what does Justin Timberlake have to do with anything related to His Greatness. I bet y’all don’t remember that Michael Jordan is a Que, which I am sure that’s what all the barking in the video is for.

You might be one of the rare people not excited to see the documentary.

NBA players who he played against in that era are most likely excited to see the documentary.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I knew Jordan was a Que but it sounds like thats how the bulls broke down their huddle before every game. I knew Cliff Levingston used to do it during the first three-peat.."What time is it? Game time!! Roooo

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
HI Tahara!!!!!

Hi Lola!!!

You stans think someone is jealous yall get a fluff doc every 5 years. You will never see Jordan on an NBA court ever again Doc. LeBron, Lillard, all these guys are active. Why would anyone watching them be envious of you Jordan stans living off 30 year memories? You and I both know, MJ would give ANYTHING to still be out there. And yourself, Outlaw Roc, tallblack, Spider, Lord sinister and all the other stans would sacrifice your families to see MJ and or Kobe back out there. It will never happen so I actually feel sorry for yall having to depend on ESPN for your fix. Tell them Doc to give us behind the scenes footage of MJ today as an owner. Let us see the genius at work! :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Nah thats yalls job. I can honestly say in all these years Ive called you, tallblack, Spider, Tim, and the others "Jordan dickriders", yall never been like " I aint no Jordan dickrider" or "niggas that dickride Jordan are gay". Yall know what you are, PROUD dickriders of a retired NBA player/disgraced owner. Not 1 of you is b1, and most aint even foundational. We see you!

I promise you 30 years after he retires Dr. Truth wont be demanding Steph Curry fluff pieces. He'll never love Steph as much as he crushes on Jordan. Dont matter how many rings he wins, nothing he does on the court will ever matter to him the way Mike does. If Steph retiring would make MJ active again, Doc would tell him to hang it up with the quickness. :lol:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Nah thats yalls job. I can honestly say in all these years Ive called you, tallblack, Spider, Tim, and the others "Jordan dickriders", yall never been like " I aint no Jordan dickrider" or "niggas that dickride Jordan are gay". Yall know what you are, PROUD dickriders a retired NBA player/disgraced owner.

I promise you 30 years after he retires Dr. Truth wont be demanding Steph Curry fluff pieces. He'll never love Steph as much as he crushes on Jordan. Dont matter how many rings he wins, nothing he does on the court will ever matter to him the way Mike does. If Steph retiring would make MJ active again, Doc would tell him to hang it up with the quickness. :lol:
maybe because we don't like saying the term "dickrider" as much as you. Do a search in here for the term and type in your name as the user and see how many pages come up. In all these years, i've never seen you say that you are NOT a Lebron dickrider. You couldn't avoid a thread about Jordan to save your life, who the fuck wakes up every day and runs to twitter to search "Jordan"? You, fucking loser.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
maybe because we don't like saying the term "dickrider" as much as you. Do a search in here for the term and type in your name as the user and see how many pages come up. In all these years, i've never seen you say that you are NOT a Lebron dickrider. You couldn't avoid a thread about Jordan to save your life, who the fuck wakes up every day and runs to twitter to search "Jordan"? You, fucking loser.

Nah yall just have no shame in dickriding this guy. You niggas got kids and shit still acting like teenagers over shoe nostalgia.

And I aint even post in this thread til I was called. Just shows how boring and irrelevant Jordans actual playing career is viewed now. He will never be mentioned without LeBron or me on this board. Jordan brand is just a club for Bron haters, cacs, and shoe stans. It doesnt even involve basketball anymore or xs and os. Dissing me is more exciting for you, Truth, and Spider than talking about Jordans career 40 years ago. Even in a thread about his fluff piece. :lol: