The Chi Discussion Thread

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got into this show late.. Season 3's quality is a noticable drop from 1 and 2.

Still like the show though.
I'm curious have you been binge watching it? I'd probably have a different appreciation for it if I watched them back to back...

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I'm curious have you been binge watching it? I'd probably have a different appreciation for it if I watched them back to back...

I binged watch Seasons 1 and 2 before Season 3 started.

Then I started following the show week to week with everybody else.

I originally saw the first episode on Youtube but didn't like it at the time.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Right!
And plus Ronnie has been roaming around the same hood for damn near three years after Coogie died.
So now all of a sudden the dude is mad at him?
I can't wait until this shit is over.
How a homeless nigga got a fresh fit everyday

nigga said a name can be bad luck no, I nigga gettin killed behind you bbq joint on the first day is

so this nigga drivin a g wagon and don’t lock it, how the alarm ring tho

Kevin, your sis was raped chill nigga damn

bitch said she ain’t catch feelings yet she lookin real salty after the pawnshop ring was pulled out lol

shit trash, the wife and I just watch it to talk shit lol

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
It was crazy looking at Tiff's unenhanced ass and Lala's enhanced ass, me personally i'm still taking Tiff, how does Lala keep getting these acting gigs?

All Trig had to do to catch the 63rd st mob knucklehead running away was to get into the g wagon and run him down

With Emmett's track record "Smokey's" is prolly gonna be barely afloat 2 months down the line

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
I don't know if they will start a storyline next season on who killed Ronnie but It had to be one of Brandon's or Coogis cousins those to wasn't in the streets like that had to be a gang bangin cousin doing it off the strength of the bloodline.

Somebody needs to put one in Tracys neck she was the cause of 95% of Ronnies problem

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
Every week theres a poll featuring tracee ellis ross. You niggas are obsessed with that old bug eyed crazy bitch

I'm waiting on the episode next season when Tiff and Dom get into a fight over the business and Dom tells Tiff she gaggled the niggas ball bag in a kitchen.

And I bet once Poppa finds out his father ain't nothing but a Jesus hustler he will start to run in the streets a little bit especially if his pops does time.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm waiting on the episode next season when Tiff and Dom get into a fight over the business and Dom tells Tiff she gaggled the niggas ball bag in a kitchen.

And I bet once Poppa finds out his father ain't nothing but a Jesus hustler he will start to run in the streets a little bit especially if his pops does time.
Yeah he's getting arrested at the funeral according to the preview.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Season 3 of The Chi was brought to you by Black, Queer, Feminist, Intersectional Twitter. This whole season was a wash. The Keisha kidnapping was interesting but it was surrounded by too much nonsense. The fact of the matter is, they killed off the star of the show and the writers weren't good enough to dig themselves out of the hole.

At the end of Season 2, I sat at the edge of my seat pissed that I would have to wait a year to get more of this story. At the end of this season, I just checked the channel guide to see what else was on. The shit fell flat, and I'm sure they'll blame Covid or some other bullshit excuse, but truthfully I think it's because Lena had more input this season and judging by some of the other shows she's done (i.e. Boomerang) that's not a good thing.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
That's nothing. In season 1 he pulled a bud fresh off of the plant and rolled it up and smoked it. No drying or anything.

I said the same thing like how he gonna get it to stay lit? Yet they fucking smoking down tree limbs and shit. Fresh bud.Anyway The Ronnie black superhero shit was weak sauce man. And like they said about the other characters with no backstory is lazy bogus writing. How we gonna like them when they basically popped out of thin air to become major support characters. Then they kill the grandma who again is one good character. And why can’t Ronnie ever get his fuck on? Three women but you can’t get a complimentary dick suck? But the fags and dykes go all in. Man this show had so much potential but it’s pure fucking trash now. Went from A to C

Last edited:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
this show has the most non sexual sex scenes in TV history
this one was even worse than the douda/kandi scene

Man they woulda kicked me offstage that day. I’d have pulled Kandis panties to side and stuck my whole face in her pussy! Tongue too. Mfs would have been like CUT CUT get him the fuck off the set! And I’d have been like man do you know who this bitch is? Y’all play too fucking much! :rolleyes2:

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Man they woulda kicked me offstage that day. I’d have pulled Kandis panties to side and stuck my whole face in her pussy! Tongue too. Mfs would have been like CUT CUT get him the fuck off the set! And I’d have been like man do you know who this bitch is? Y’all play too fucking much! :rolleyes2:
That shit is funny.
But it's the reason why we didn't get a real season this year.
Although your scenario is a kinda rapey with humor, "Real nigga" shit is dead in the world right now.
They carving out a viewing plan that doesn't include anything that even resembles a man/woman relationship as shown before the millineum.

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
I'm just saying in the real world what gangstas would take orders from Trig a faggit now Otis giving him the key to the streets.

Douda probably going cut poppas fathers throat next season for being a rat

Keisha keeping a rapists baby :angry:

Season Finale was trash

were is Snowfall and the NFL season I'm over this dyke fag agenda

cartempire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They missed a whole opportunity with Jake dealing with his brother being with a man...smh they made Jonny Gil gay just because

Last edited:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Season 3 of The Chi was brought to you by Black, Queer, Feminist, Intersectional Twitter. This whole season was a wash. The Keisha kidnapping was interesting but it was surrounded by too much nonsense. The fact of the matter is, they killed off the star of the show and the writers weren't good enough to dig themselves out of the hole.

At the end of Season 2, I sat at the edge of my seat pissed that I would have to wait a year to get more of this story. At the end of this season, I just checked the channel guide to see what else was on. The shit fell flat, and I'm sure they'll blame Covid or some other bullshit excuse, but truthfully I think it's because Lena had more input this season and judging by some of the other shows she's done (i.e. Boomerang) that's not a good thing.
This. After season 2 I am out. The fuck were they thinking bringing in Johnny Gill fucking with a Tranny.:smh:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
This was overall a boring finale

They got Jake character being so ignorant about most things but so understanding/educated on the trans community, then his ass complains about washing 2 plates and 2 cups

So Tiff did get an abortion in between s2 and s3

Darnell 1 of the funniest characters this season, got them stolen suits and wedding gown and was setting up Emmett a side by side massage with happy endings for his bachelor party

Tiff in lingerie might've been the best sight seen this season on the show imo, no comment on the Syd the kid police stripper Jada got for her bachelorette party tho

:lol: at Kandi pretending like she was disappointed about losing custody of Jake when really its that she just doesn't like losing in general

Lena Waithe talking about not using that file b/c she's all about running a clean campaign yet was just handing Poppa's dad that envelope couple eps ago

That ending montage, tried to make it seem like a happy ending only to cut to Keisha and how her life got turned upside down

Douda: I need you to be my new man running the street side of my business interests

Trig: I ain't about that life anymore.

Douda: I'm replacing the CHIEF OF POLICE with my HEAD OF SECURITY

Johnny Gill: Ok, I'm in.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Tiff got a nice body, but what was the point of her wearing lingerie to her party, when everyone else was dressed normal? She looked good in it, but i just don't see the point.
Emmet doesn't have any friends?
I've had enough of the gayness, even characters no on-screen have to be gay?
Lena can't act.
So Douda is the mayor, but he's still gonna be selling drugs?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I haven't seen Emmett have a male friend or acquaintance other than Brandon, Hannibal, Coogie, Kev, his muslim homie he tried to flip sneakers with and Masseuse homey that smashed his moms if that counts.

Tiff got a nice body, but what was the point of her wearing lingerie to her party, when everyone else was dressed normal? She looked good in it, but i just don't see the point.
Lena can't act.

Cle Da YoungKingPin

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lena can't act.

Shit turned into Power im done with it

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I may binge watch Season 3 if we have power this week.

I was expecting more fall out from Ronnie's death

And I'm all of a sudden wondering what is the with the pro-life stance on keeping the child.