The Chi Discussion Thread

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And it never stated he was beating her yet she had all those bruises on her, how u make it clear he raped /molested her but when he could've hit her for hitting him with the chair leg he didn't?

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Where is Brandon's shiny new food truck that Otis Perry bought?
That shit just disappeared in thin air.
Maybe Emmett and Lala can use that? :dunno:

That was the first thing I was thinking. Especially since Emmett done already worked on the mfer.
I think he even worked it alone one time. But I guess they want all Brandon shit to disappear like he and Coogi were never there

Not to make excuses for the writers but Kevin IS a teenager. Transitioning from JHS to HS.
Going back to that time in life, alot of shit was changing. No more streetlight curfews. Less adult supervision. Etc

Last edited:

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
the scene at the table was well acted, but the what caused it was just dumb. Even the dialogue was dumb, but the actors worked with what they had. That was the best part of the episode.

why didn't they look for her? why the fuck didn't you run when you got out the house the first time? why the fuck you keep choosing the wrong dudes to fuck with? Emmet who has like 5 kids. Your track coach, and then a drug dealer who runs a trap house. FOH. Tell Lena to write you a better storyline and stop making you into a stereotype.

Mayne all this and none of it wasn’t her fault. I could have swore Derrick Jaxn wrote her mommas speech.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I will not spoil Episode 9s ending. But all I'll say is I guessed the ending soon as the episode started. So when what happened happened in the end I was not surprised.
The way you worded this, is kind of spoiling it btw...
I already knew that kid was gonna kill Ronnie after he basically yelled “get your hands outta my pocket” (Malcolm X reference) during Ronnie’s speech. It was the exact same scenario. I saw it coming a mile away. Still fucked up how it happened tho.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck spoiling it. If you aint' seen it don't come in this thread I feel like but just in case someone want to cry I'll scroll down a bit.....

Why am I not surprised they killed off a black male on the show who wasn't gay or ignorant? His character been horribly written don't get me wrong but they didn't even want to allow him to even be on there. I haven't seen a show fall off this fast in a long time that had no reason to. This show had no reason to fall off.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Fuck spoiling it. If you aint' seen it don't come in this thread I feel like but just in case someone want to cry I'll scroll down a bit.....

Why am I not surprised they killed off a black male on the show who wasn't gay or ignorant? His character been horribly written don't get me wrong but they didn't even want to allow him to even be on there. I haven't seen a show fall off this fast in a long time that had no reason to. This show had no reason to fall off.
kill him off right after he became a hero and gave away some of his money. The show should end after this season. Do we really care about Emmet with baby momma drama, Keisha trying to get back to her old self and Kev suddenly falling in love? The campaign arc is horrible.

Jakes Brother before this episode: I came back to take you away from all this. I want to give you the life i didn't have.
Jakes Brother in this episode: Yeah, go steal from the most dangerous dude in Chicago. I'll wait right here for you.

and what the fuck made the audience or Ronnie for that matter think that kid was gifted? because she did what most kids with that toy did, put the fucking square peg in the square slot?

And why do the lesbians have so many pointless scenes and discussions? we get it, they are struggling with the kids, but how many times do we have to see them talk about it and then kiss or argue. Move the fuck on with the story.

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
For me actually, when they did away with "Q" Quentin that's when it went down hill for me. Y'all remember Q right? And what happened to the old OG dude in jail that Douda visited and brought him some pussy that's suppose to be running all the gang shit? What happened to that?

The OG from 21 Jump street

OIP.Vdz4G6Ccwg4TE8-0Q1FGKAHaK9

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Where Sonny at during all this? you'd think he'd pull up at the grand opening to cuss Emmett out or something

Smh at Kev running in Jordan 12s

Poppa's dad getting money from both campaigns, sounds like Douda setting him up with pussy too most likely what "Angela" was, he had to let Ronnie know he expecting his 10% as well, his congregation not even that big to really have influence in a mayoral race for a big city like Chi

Darnell got a new bluetooth earpiece had him feeling it to shoot his shot at Lala

Emmett wild proposing in front of his other 2 BMs there

Fitting Ronnie got caught lackin while he was with Tracy, she’s the one put the battery in his back to get revenge in the first place.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered

This shit was mad predictable The dyke producer ain’t even trying to hide her agenda against straight men. I can just imagine the demise she has in place for Douda.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
The only storyline that I care about is Emmet's... Lala's ass was the star for most of the episode, and Em's momma's ass wasnt far behind.

That was the longest drawn out murder in the history of murders

Sidenote: Did Sonny die?

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only storyline that I care about is Emmet's... Lala's ass was the star for most of the episode, and Em's momma's ass wasnt far behind.

Wouldn't surprise me if that have had him die offscreen and not talk about it. Still don't know how Brandon died, or y Tiffany wouldn't come to his funeral. Goofy writing bihh

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
no surprises, or i should say...if you look at most scripted cable television series, the 'big event' always happens in the show prior to the finale of the season, never the final episode. something was going to give.

shout out to lala's surgeon - she looks great

although kandi is a bit tasty as well. ol boy going to go ballistic as soon as he figures out that the file was taken out of his safe - i'd imagine only he and kandi had the password -

where do you go for a next season? storylines this year were about redemption - and there's been no continuity from the prior season. this could go in any direction

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
the ep wasn't that bad, but i'm beginning to wonder if this is just covid-19 starvation for content on my part

ronnie has been on the bottle, in the street, off kilter forever but has fine azz women (tracy, jada) checking for him

the kids have always been my favorite part of the show since the beginning...poppa is always good for a line or 2 each ep...and the kids are well cast...kevin and kiesha look like real brother and sister

it's going to end bad for my boy emmett...too bad, i wanted to see him win. but who hasn't let their johnson make bad decisions for them when they were younger?

Poppa and the actor who play his Dad have similar facial structure. They look like they are related in real life. Probably aren't.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lalas booty looked so fake but I would still like a peek
They just keep piling on to Kieshas trauma.
So all this time has passed and now someone comes for Ronnie on the streets?!?.....BAD WRITING !!
Ronnie had his redemption but I guess it was to much to ask for him to move on with his life and reunite with the beautiful Tracy
With characters fading away i doubt if this show will be back next year or if people even want it to.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Gonna echo the rest of yall and ask where is Sonny?...that's weird how he just vanished and lost his spot
RIP Ronnie...his story arc was complete but they could have just let him move on...shooting provided more drama but the effect was muted since the show has fallen off
Jake and Douda storyline is just odd
This feels like the last season of the show

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
kill him off right after he became a hero and gave away some of his money. The show should end after this season. Do we really care about Emmet with baby momma drama, Keisha trying to get back to her old self and Kev suddenly falling in love? The campaign arc is horrible.

Jakes Brother before this episode: I came back to take you away from all this. I want to give you the life i didn't have.
Jakes Brother in this episode: Yeah, go steal from the most dangerous dude in Chicago. I'll wait right here for you.

and what the fuck made the audience or Ronnie for that matter think that kid was gifted? because she did what most kids with that toy did, put the fucking square peg in the square slot?

And why do the lesbians have so many pointless scenes and discussions? we get it, they are struggling with the kids, but how many times do we have to see them talk about it and then kiss or argue. Move the fuck on with the story.

All the above. This shit trash. I don't care about none of these people.

It really makes no sense.

Like if you think about it....what was this season even about? It had no character progression......no character development....the storylines come and go.

It really feels like they rebooted this show and didn't tell anyone. Its a completely different show.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For me actually, when they did away with "Q" Quentin that's when it went down hill for me. Y'all remember Q right? And what happened to the old OG dude in jail that Douda visited and brought him some pussy that's suppose to be running all the gang shit? What happened to that?

The OG from 21 Jump street

OIP.Vdz4G6Ccwg4TE8-0Q1FGKAHaK9
Damn.........I forgot what even happened to his character.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
All the above. This shit trash. I don't care about none of these people.

It really makes no sense.

Like if you think about it....what was this season even about? It had no character progression......no character development....the storylines come and go.

It really feels like they rebooted this show and didn't tell anyone. Its a completely different show.
word, and the cops didn't get involved when a girl went missing, so i doubt they will get involved in the death of the dude that found her (Basically did their job and made them look even worse), who happens to be a homeless drunk.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit was mad predictable The dyke producer ain’t even trying to hide her agenda against straight men. I can just imagine the demise she has in place for Douda.

Oh yeah his is dead. I just don't know if it will be this season or next season. They write his character so bad that it just seems like its leading up for him to die and Lena's character to win the election.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
word, and the cops didn't get involved when a girl went missing, so i doubt they will get involved in the death of the dude that found her (Basically did their job and made them look even worse), who happens to be a homeless drunk.
You know what? I just forgot...what happened to the black chic with braids and the white cop? Got rid of them to make other characters more full time? I mean damn......this shit is frustratingly bad.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah I'm not even paying enough attention to the Emmitt storyline...how the hell did they make over Sonny's? Sonny got in Emmitt ass and just bowed out? Oh yeah after you had him have a heart attack...if you wanted to get him off the show why didn't you do it then?

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Yeah I'm not even paying enough attention to the Emmitt storyline...how the hell did they make over Sonny's? Sonny got in Emmitt ass and just bowed out? Oh yeah after you had him have a heart attack...if you wanted to get him off the show why didn't you do it then?
the owner (Lil Rel) of the property agreed to lease to Emmet.