Tariq Nasheed: "I do not support immigration"

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So you do agree with deterrents to illegal immigration.

Guess what? A deterrent is a WALL

You a just hear the word "wall" and think of the literal definition.

This is no more a made up controversy than it was when anyone else has talked about walls , from Clinton, to Obama, to anyone else.

And again, just because someone can be crafty and sometimes get through the the deterrent doesn't mean the deterrent shouldn't be there. We all have doors. Of course someone can break the lock -- so now we just get rid of the door? Of course not.
Sometimes you over talk.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Is that a serious question? Youre no longer an immigrant once you're accepted as a CITIZEN of that nation. That means by the laws of said nation, you are provided protections and benefits, you learn it's culture, languages, laws, etc... Same as citizens of Mexico or.any other nation. BTW , millions of "Mexicans" are already citizens of America and will continue to be. But for some semblance of order there's a Genesis of nationhood and a code that is written and agreed upon. Just like there has been.for every other nation past or present. This includes nations in Africa, Europe, Asia, any where you can think of.

This isn't divide and conquer. You were never United with anyone except the people in this country. Black people on America were SENT here by warring nations that were just as imperialistic as any german, Brit, Dutch, Portuguese, or Spanish you can think of. Quit trying to pretend there was ever some unified planet. If anything has what's coming, not what's already happened

Trump administration as revoked citzenship over domestic violence arrests that happened and we're resolved decades ago. There are no protections.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
That's why there is LEGAL immigration. Tons of it. The issue is ILLEGAL. There is already a ROBUST immigration policy, whereby millions every year show up here. Some of them make shit like Facebook, Amazon, Toyota, Hollywood, Microsoft, nuclear power, or some shit like that. Some just come and work at those places. Some don't. I don't think it's a stupid idea to know who's coming in and out of a place and have a procedure whereby they're acculturated. It's what everyone as far as the other empire, Mali empire, Ghana empire, anyone's ever done.

The whole issue at the border is because they are trying to stop legal immigration. Asking for asylum is legal. Trump and Stephen Miller are trying to stop it. DOJ tried to go around congress and make their own policy as to who qulalifies to request it, and a court struck it down.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
The whole issue at the border is because they are trying to stop legal immigration. Asking for asylum is legal. Trump and Stephen Miller are trying to stop it. DOJ tried to go around congress and make their own policy as to who qulalifies to request it, and a court struck it down.

Not talking about asylum.

No one is trying to stop legal immigration.

Millions come EVERY YEAR, And not just from Central America. But yes, a lot do, and no one has an issue with that. Asylum isn't the only way.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
The great Wall of China was in fact a pretty useful deterrent. The issue with that was waaay too much open territory to protect. You should use other walls , fortresses, moats, as examples. Here's an awesome example.

The citadel laferriere in haiti!

Henri Christophe had that shit built to make sure the French didn't bring their asses back and IT WORKED.

The great walls of Benin served well to protect that empire for a long time as well

Look we know that WALLS WORK, Which is why we have them on our own houses and communities. No, they're no perfect, but they do help in certain instances. We already HAVE walls which is why Mexicans don't just wandering into San Diego from Tijuana whenever they feel like it.

And yes, most illegals come in through the WALL, And overstay their welcome. But if there were walls in places there are currently not, there would ONLY be that kind of illegal immigration, which is a little easier to.keeo track of. Black people aren't being fooled into any trick except making arguments for people who don't give a shit about them, and are their voter replacements
You made a lot of references to Haiti.

Are you Haitian and a conservative? Because you sound as if you're for the wall, pro Trump and all that good stuff.

You really Mia Love?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
You made a lot of references to Haiti.

Are you Haitian and a conservative? Because you sound as if you're for the wall, pro Trump and all that good stuff.

You really Mia Love?
So instead of dealing with what I said and the truth in it, you're trying to add some other shit to it. I also mentioned the Benin wall. I must be a conservative from ancient Benin too huh? Gtfoh.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Millions come EVERY YEAR, And not just from Central America. But yes, a lot do, and no one has an issue with that. Asylum isn't the only way.
The president IS trying to stop it

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

If you think no one is trying to stop legal immigration you haven't been paying attention. Yes we have illegal crossings, but you do realize that Trump has been refusing entry to aslyum seekers and trying to make deals with Mexico to keep them there for months or years at a time instead of following our normal procedures?

Have you read any news in the past two years about caravans? Child separation and caging children? This is being done to people at the border who presented themselves for asylum even at the legal entry points. Why do you think folks have been raising hell the past two years? The Muslim ban was just phase 1. I've posted links in the past about the revoking of citizenship and the traffic stops. In fact I believe it was a Haitian man that was taken at one of the traffic stops.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
If you think no one is trying to stop legal immigration you haven't been paying attention. Yes we have illegal crossings, but you do realize that Trump has been refusing entry to aslyum seekers and trying to make deals with Mexico to keep them there for months or years at a time instead of following our normal procedures?

Have you read any news in the past two years about caravans? Child separation and caging children? This is being done to people at the border who presented themselves for asylum even at the legal entry points. Why do you think folks have been raising hell the past two years? The Muslim ban was just phase 1. I've posted links in the past about the revoking of citizenship and the traffic stops. In fact I believe it was a Haitian man that was taken at one of the traffic stops.
Yes I've missed all that. Yawn

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Oh. Well Tariq said anti immigration. That's because he's an idiot.

Lol no serious discussion can really be started on a premise started by him. I tried to turn it into something. ILLEGAL immigration no good. IMMIGRATION is good. But that has to be vetted.

Lol word on Tariq. Glad we agree on legal immigration as well. I feel like a broken record on the issue but I don't think Americans are generally ready to have a serious conversation around illegal immigration.

For one thing the "crisis" we're discussing is total bullshit... there is no crisis and the number of illegal crossings have been going down 15 years. Almost every element of the fantasy GOT style wall under discussion is contradicted by reality at every step. There are more modern and technologically savvy ways to improve security further and every pitch for the wall ignores the obvious problems a project at this scale entails. The Cato Institute with whom I disagree on many things actually had a great write up on this a little while back.

Illegal immigrants tend to make a pretty easy target, especially given that most people are law abiding and reasonably expect others to be as well. But this conversation never includes a frank look at the economic reality which lays the groundwork for illegal immigration in the first place (specifically of the Mexican and Central American variety)

No one is willing to work these jobs that illegals do (as was borne out in GA and AL when these States cracked down on employers). Moreover, we're unwilling to confront our own part in this mess as consumers who demand a race-to-the-bottom that drives the economic calculus that corporations cynically engage in at the behest of their shareholders. Most of the outrage around the issue feels dishonest and vacuous. Just another way for folks to absolve themselves of all responsibility for our shared situation while laying all ills of society at the feet of a nearly mythically awful group of "others". Theres the obvious racial and nativist appeal to these kind of anti illegal arguments which is off putting af as well.

Until folks are willing to have more nuanced convos I'm comfortable ignoring the current level of discussion as a bunch of white noise tbh.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So instead of dealing with what I said and the truth in it, you're trying to add some other shit to it. I also mentioned the Benin wall. I must be a conservative from ancient Benin too huh? Gtfoh.
You're so far gone, you don't realize, like his many supporters the true reason behind the "wall".

News flash, the wall is a deterrent for other policies being put into place. It was never about building a physical wall.

No one in their right mind thinks that a real terrorist or criminal is trekking hundreds of miles across a desert.

They fly in planes and get here by boats or student visas. Shit they can go to Canada and drive a car across. Or become a citizen somewhere else and come to the US and get a visa.

There 15 million ways to get to the US, ask the tons of European whites who come here illegally, but oh I guess it's ok for them to stay. White is right.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The great Wall of China was in fact a pretty useful deterrent. The issue with that was waaay too much open territory to protect. You should use other walls , fortresses, moats, as examples. Here's an awesome example.

The citadel laferriere in haiti!

Henri Christophe had that shit built to make sure the French didn't bring their asses back and IT WORKED.

The great walls of Benin served well to protect that empire for a long time as well

Look we know that WALLS WORK, Which is why we have them on our own houses and communities. No, they're no perfect, but they do help in certain instances. We already HAVE walls which is why Mexicans don't just wandering into San Diego from Tijuana whenever they feel like it.

And yes, most illegals come in through the WALL, And overstay their welcome. But if there were walls in places there are currently not, there would ONLY be that kind of illegal immigration, which is a little easier to.keeo track of. Black people aren't being fooled into any trick except making arguments for people who don't give a shit about them, and are their voter replacements
Is an actual physical wall cost effective?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lol word on Tariq. Glad we agree on legal immigration as well. I feel like a broken record on the issue but I don't think Americans are generally ready to have a serious conversation around illegal immigration.

For one thing the "crisis" we're discussing is total bullshit... there is no crisis and the number of illegal crossings have been going down 15 years. Almost every element of the fantasy GOT style wall under discussion is contradicted by reality at every step. There are more modern and technologically savvy ways to improve security further and every pitch for the wall ignores the obvious problems a project at this scale entails. The Cato Institute with whom I disagree on many things actually had a great write up on this a little while back.

Illegal immigrants tend to make a pretty easy target, especially given that most people are law abiding and reasonably expect others to be as well. But this conversation never includes a frank look at the economic reality which lays the groundwork for illegal immigration in the first place (specifically of the Mexican and Central American variety)

No one is willing to work these jobs that illegals do (as was borne out in GA and AL when these States cracked down on employers). Moreover, we're unwilling to confront our own part in this mess as consumers who demand a race-to-the-bottom that drives the economic calculus that corporations cynically engage in at the behest of their shareholders. Most of the outrage around the issue feels dishonest and vacuous. Just another way fir filks to absilce themselves of all responsibility for our shared situation while laying all ills of society at the feet of a nearly myrhically awful group of "others". There is an obvios racial and nativist appeal to these kind of anti illegal arguments as well.

Until folks are willing to have more nuanced convos I'm comfortable ignoring the current level of discussion as a bunch of white noise tbh.
Agreed. Of course there's no "crisis"

But it is an issue. It was when other presidents were in and it is now. How much do I care with it? Not much. I just don't base whether I'm for or against anything just because of what Trump thinks about something.

I think between what I said to you and a few others, I'm done talking about it. Tariqs goofy ass talking about it is the shitty hood way if bringing in that nuance.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're so far gone, you don't realize, like his many supporters the true reason behind the "wall".

News flash, the wall is a deterrent for other policies being put into place. It was never about building a physical wall.

No one in their right mind thinks that a real terrorist or criminal is trekking hundreds of miles across a desert.

They fly in planes and get here by boats or student visas. Shit they can go to Canada and drive a car across. Or become a citizen somewhere else and come to the US and get a visa.

There 15 million ways to get to the US, ask the tons of European whites who come here illegally, but oh I guess it's ok for them to stay. White is right.
That wall is trump's shrine.
something that will remain when he is gone.
It's to feed his ego.
Look at the Trump wall.
It's a legacy move.
His buildings will eventually be owned by others but no one can take away the wall.
2 birds with one stone because the white supremacists love it

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

That's right. I'm so far gone. I'm not following the rest of your tangent about white people and a that other shit. Good day.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
That wall is trump's shrine.
something that will remain when he is gone.
It's to feed his ego.
Look at the Trump wall.
It's a legacy move.
His buildings will eventually be owned by others but no one can take away the wall.
2 birds with one stone because the white supremacists love it
It's really nothing to do with a physical wall. It's about putting things into place. The wall is really a distraction, many just do not see or won't see until after things show their true purpose.

When things are resolved, it will be clearly evident. But I don't think this shut down will be temporary. We will see.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
It's really nothing to do with a physical wall. It's about putting things into place. The wall is really a distraction, many just do not see or won't see until after things show their true purpose.

When things are resolved, it will be clearly evident. But I don't think this shut down will be temporary. We will see.

It will be temporary. As soon as enough GOP donors put the pressure on the Senate. People don't have money for gas, groceries, medical costs, childcare. Parks and museums are closed. I spoke with a lady this week that had a planned vacation to Yosemite and she is only going because she can't get back her plane fare and hotel deposit. This is affecting regular businesses. Trump thinks just dems are affected. Farmers already screwed by his tariffs can't get loans and might lose everything. This country is a hot mess right now.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:bravo:

I am with Tariq Nasheed. Immigration has nothing to do with Black Americans. You'll have some blacks who try to use the black immigrants as an escape when the vast majority of the immigrants are not black. But, even those black immigrants I got my eye on now. Some of them come here and can be slick talking about Black Americans. They can be from the Caribbean, Africa or South America, or maybe Europe. For far too long I've been seeing and hearing these immigrants come here and shit on Black Americans when Black Americans opened the pathway for their bum ass.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
It will be temporary. As soon as enough GOP donors put the pressure on the Senate. People don't have money for gas, groceries, medical costs, childcare. Parks and museums are closed. I spoke with a lady this week that had a planned vacation to Yosemite and she is only going because she can't get back her plane fare and hotel deposit. This is affecting regular businesses. Trump thinks just dems are affected. Farmers already screwed by his tariffs can't get loans and might lose everything. This country is a hot mess right now.
The effects like this, aren't.
https://boingboing.net/2019/01/11/miami-airport-is-shutting-down.html

Over 50% of TSA are calling out daily. By Friday next week, many are going to start quitting. Essentially the TSA may be removed. Why and when were they put in place in the first place? Not 9/11? What did we have b4 they even became an agency?

There's many changes happening. Some just aren't temporary. Things are being done to bring about change.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
The effects like this, aren't.
https://boingboing.net/2019/01/11/miami-airport-is-shutting-down.html

Over 50% of TSA are calling out daily. By Friday next week, many are going to start quitting. Essentially the TSA may be removed. Why and when were they put in place in the first place? Not 9/11?

There's many changes happening. Some just aren't temporary. Things are being done to bring about change.

I'm not saying the effects will be temporary. People might lose their homes and farms and everything else. I just don't think they keep the government closed. I'm thinking 30 days max. Especially with FBI Trump news leaking. They are no longer covering for Trump, they are covering for a traitor working with a hostile foreign government against us.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I'm not saying the effects will be temporary. People might lose their homes and farms and everything else. I just don't think they keep the government closed. I'm thinking 30 days max. Especially with FBI Trump news leaking. They are no longer covering for Trump, they are covering for a traitor working with a hostile foreign government against us.
I wasn't talking effects either. There's changes coming to alot of things govt-wise

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Agreed. Of course there's no "crisis"

But it is an issue. It was when other presidents were in and it is now. How much do I care with it? Not much. I just don't base whether I'm for or against anything just because of what Trump thinks about something.

I think between what I said to you and a few others, I'm done talking about it. Tariqs goofy ass talking about it is the shitty hood way if bringing in that nuance.

You've dropped nothing but jewels.

Good to see a lot of brothas in this thread who aren't brainwashed and pushing back at the new liberal talking point lumping black people with illegal immigrants.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
You've dropped nothing but jewels.

Good to see a lot of brothas in this thread who aren't brainwashed and pushing back at the new liberal talking point lumping black people with illegal immigrants.

What's really crazy is when people don't get NUANCE, they get people like Trump... And Tariq.

And actually even this chick. AND Yvette lol.

These guys don't like what I say? Fine, deal with these folks then lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

sis...

they gonna reelect this man.

watch

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
What's really crazy is when people don't get NUANCE, they get people like Trump... And Tariq.

And actually even this chick. AND Yvette lol.

These guys don't like what I say? Fine, deal with these folks then lol.

If I've learned anything from politics in the past few years its that effective persuasion of large groups requires us vs them, good vs bad. All of the folks you mentioned use that effectively.

Nuance would get in the way of that.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
damn , i see peoples points but america is on an decline. Your investing less in your education of your children ,colloapsing decaying infrastructure, corrupt political system,etc you need immgrants to maintain your falsehood of power, fact is your not producing enough talented people, and these jobs many american think its below them to do . you got a focused china thats investing heavy abroad , and in its people. If america doesnt want imgrants , it needs to overhaul a lot inside its house and it will take decades
Sounds like you want to immigrate to China. Good luck with that.