Who Here Has Expensive Hobbies and/or Toys

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Fragrances/Parfums

Spent about 3g's on bottles over the last year. Wifey loves it and it's nothing like going places and woman saying damn you smell good
Creed is the shit bruh. Especially Aventus and Santal. :yes:

AJoLfB.jpg

Bury1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fragrances/Parfums

Spent about 3g's on bottles over the last year. Wifey loves it and it's nothing like going places and woman saying damn you smell good
Thats another vice me and my wife have. We're fully stocked on Jo Malone and making a good dent in Tom Ford and Creed. Just starting to dabble in Guerlain (recently acquired 5th bottle in their line up). Not to mention the more common names at lower price points. After 200 plus bottles collectively we're still piling them up. Sheit, I still have a bottle or two that's easily over 30 years old. It is a good feeling when out and women says a brotha smells good, and I love it when momma smells nice (which really is all the time).

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Hunting... I love that shit. If my wife knew how much I'm spending on this shit, she'd take my black ass on the "Long Ride."

But, in my defense, when I bought the new freezer and filled it up full of meat, she was happy as Hell.

I'm preping for a goose and a wild boar hunt now.

IMG-1010.jpg

IMG-1085.jpg

IMG-1122.jpg

A13.jpg

drake1

Star
Registered
This is the bass I'm playing. Fender P Bass II. I Could have brought a $200 bass as a beginner but fuck dat shit. I don't want to ever have to trade shit in to upgrade. I'd rather buy some shit from the rip I can have forever and just get better with grade A equipment. Plus James Jamerson is my all time favorite bass player so it wasn't shit for me to drop $1500 on something he played to help create the Motown sound. Even fucked around and got the same color he rocked with. Shout out to @woodchuck for helping me along as well. Getting good tones on my slap technique too. :clap: :clap: :clap:

20210511-092150.jpg

ECVlQa.jpg

I have a Fender Jazz fretless bass, black with a maple neck and yes, Jamerson was that dude. Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller as well

Revel Salon Speakers......

McIntosh Mono MC1000 amps

McIntosh C52 Pre Amp

Been a musician and audiophile for quite some time

Coupla redbones too.....haha

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
This is the bass I'm playing. Fender P Bass II. I Could have brought a $200 bass as a beginner but fuck dat shit. I don't want to ever have to trade shit in to upgrade. I'd rather buy some shit from the rip I can have forever and just get better with grade A equipment. Plus James Jamerson is my all time favorite bass player so it wasn't shit for me to drop $1500 on something he played to help create the Motown sound. Even fucked around and got the same color he rocked with. Shout out to @woodchuck for helping me along as well. Getting good tones on my slap technique too. :clap: :clap: :clap:

20210511-092150.jpg

ECVlQa.jpg

Nice looking axe.
My friend has a 5 string Fender
and he's a bad boy with it. :yes:

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor

20210511-092150.jpg

ECVlQa.jpg
Bruh, I bought an old school Fafner Tube Amp, and paired it with a 4x10 EBS bass cabinet. I use a Schecter Diamond Series four string for now. But you best believe a Fender P-Bass is in my future.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I have a Fender Jazz fretless bass, black with a maple neck and yes, Jamerson was that dude. Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller as well

Revel Salon Speakers......

McIntosh Mono MC1000 amps

McIntosh C52 Pre Amp

Been a musician and audiophile for quite some time

Coupla redbones too.....haha
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TszpHx.jpg

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats another vice me and my wife have. We're fully stocked on Jo Malone and making a good dent in Tom Ford and Creed. Just starting to dabble in Guerlain (recently acquired 5th bottle in their line up). Not to mention the more common names at lower price points. After 200 plus bottles collectively we're still piling them up. Sheit, I still have a bottle or two that's easily over 30 years old. It is a good feeling when out and women says a brotha smells good, and I love it when momma smells nice (which really is all the time).

Good shit.

A few other houses that you should check out.

Eight & Bob
Le Labo
D&S Durga.

Also there's a Reddit page that does smaller decants of bottles so you don't have to spend money on a full bottle of a scent you may not enjoy after wearing it for awhile.

This brother is also a good watch for new upcoming fragrances

CybaCipha

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There used to be a fragrance thread I gotta look for it. Probably get some creed to mix with my molecule

Good shit.

Eight & Bob
Le Labo
D&S Durga.

Also there's a Reddit page that does smaller decants of bottles so you don't have to spend money on a full bottle of a scent you may not enjoy after wearing it for awhile.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sigma is a maker of enthusiast level (at best) lenses. I bought a couple, many moons ago, before I knew better. Replaced with Nikkor glass, which, while superior, is still inferior to the best: Fuji, Zeiss, Schneider, Rodenstock, and Leitz (for Leica).

Zeiss and fuji are generally the best, if you are buying new.

With all the adapters available, a 60 year old Schneider Xenon, or Zeiss Planar will blow any Sigma lens ever made out of the water, at less than half the cost of a new Sigma.

Fuji now manufactures the Hasselblad, AND, more importantly, the glass for Hasselblad.

Why? Planars (Xenon is Schneider's planar design) are sharp even at maximum aperture, across the image plane.
This is why they cost more, and are among the best.
1. Respect. You speak the truth with regards to good glass.

2. Props on your acquisitions. The better glass you have, the easier it is to get good shots right out of the gate. Its better to use great lenses than to have to fix digitally what was not caputred well....
BUT...
Before you take a full shit on Rokinon lenses, take into consideration the budget vs. project vs use case + camera used.
The Rokinon CineDSx lens kit can hit you for around $2k - $2.5k but you get your 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm and you get 1.5T stops out of that. If you are shooting an indie budget film on something like a Blackmagic URSA 12k or even the Pocket Cinema Camera 4k - 6kpro, you can get some fantastic results for the money. When editing in BRaw, you can work some miracles. I know a cat using the Sigma 12-35 Art lens + Blackmagic PPC4k that gets some really good footage. I think he just knows his camera and lens combo really well. That type of thing comes from getting lots of hands-on experience.

I think that is valuable to someone who plans to do indie, youtube content, etc. who don't storyboard their project and don't come up with shot lists. They need access and affordability and a Rikonon cine set or Sigma can get them there.

Not everybody is on that Sony Red or Arri + Zeiss budget, and while renting good shit is still better than "making it work" on big projects, its good to have some access when the budget is tight and something is better than nothing. Rikonon Xeen lenses are pretty decent, too btw.
Rokinon's biggest problem is its construction rather than its glass.

I myself think I'm gonna pick up that Blackmagic Broadcast G2.
I really want that new DJI Ronin 4D (game changer!) and the new Mavic 3 cine, but I'm afraid if I start down that path, I'll go down into a deep rabbit hole.

Bury1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good shit.

Eight & Bob
Le Labo
D&S Durga.

This is some good stuff, I'll give them all a look. Thanks for the leads and Bigbeard video. I just watched and subscribed to his channel.

FYI I spent quite a bit of time in Qatar (where I was introduced to Jo Malone), Iraq, Kuwait, and KSA. While living in those Arab countries over the years I often visited the local fragrance shops. As you might already know, I also purchased lots of perfume, cologne, oils, and incense unique to that region. More often than not the prices were so low I came back with enough to last most folks a couple of lifetimes. What can I say, maybe it's a borderline illness.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is some good stuff, I'll give them all a look. Thanks for the leads and Bigbeard video. I just watched and subscribed to his channel.

FYI I spent quite a bit of time in Qatar (where I was introduced to Jo Malone), Iraq, Kuwait, and KSA. While living in those Arab countries over the years I often visited the local fragrance shops. As you might already know, I also purchased lots of perfume, cologne, oils, and incense unique to that region. More often than not the prices were so low I came back with enough to last most folks a couple of lifetimes. What can I say, maybe it's a borderline illness.

Nah brother there's no limit on hygiene lol.

I woulda did the same thing because I'm presuming most of the fragrances were parfums so you really get more bang for your buck. Shit I got my eye on this 300 bottle of this old Dior formula that I know would be my go too

CybaCipha

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good shit.

Eight & Bob
Le Labo
D&S Durga.

D.S. & Durga Notorious Oud eau de parfum
for $143

Acqua di Parma Colonia eau de parfum
for $132

Aesop Hwyl eau de parfum
for 105

Tom Ford OUD

Last edited:

drake1

Star
Registered
Ay yo

I can see picking up a few more expensive hobbies after seeing this thread

did the 125 gallon saltwater thing for many years

Tom Ford oud wood I just got put up on

I thought I was done but after this thread I’m pretty sure I’m going to revisit some and get into some new ones

RC cars…….where will it end

What a thread!!

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

D.S. & Durga Notorious Oud eau de parfum
for $143

Acqua di Parma Colonia eau de parfum
for $132

Aesop Hwyl eau de parfum
for 105

Yeah they gotta sale on their site. I'm thinking about that Burning Barbershop but gotta hold off for cyber Monday to see if there's another deal that comes up

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm good with 9mm and if I need serious stopping power then 10mm is my go to. I'm looking at the new M&P in 10mm as my next pistol purchase. .45 has nothing on 10mm.

I just left the gym...and my partner that trains shooting and breach with SWAT..in my city...said...Naw...the .45 caliber shits on 10mm..when it comes to putting down your threat..in any situation. Close quarters.10 mm he said was a good hunting round. He also said, the only people to ever use it was the FBI..but they even dropped it.. MARINES even use a MEC SOC .45...brah

CybaCipha

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah they gotta sale on their site. I'm thinking about that Burning Barbershop but gotta hold off for cyber Monday to see if there's another deal that comes up
These are the cyber monday deals. Put them in the cart and you'll see the discount.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I just left the gym...and my partner that trains shooting and breach with SWAT..in my city...said...Naw...the .45 caliber shits on 10mm..when it comes to putting down your threat..in any situation. Close quarters.10 mm he said was a good hunting round. He also said, the only people to ever use it was the FBI..but they even dropped it.. MARINES even use a MEC SOC .45...brah
I respectfully disagree on 45 shitting on 10mm but he is correct on FBI dropping 10mm. They dropped it cuz a lot of their ppl couldn't pass shooting efficiency tests with them. That's what lead to the 40S&W coming into play as it was de-powered 10mm round that still packed more power behind it than the 9mm they were using at the time. They've since returned to using 9mm and the 40S&W is now a dying round while 10mm is having a resurgence in popularity.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
When you get a chance, look at the ballistics for both. You'll see that 10mm outperforms 45 in all categories. It's a lighter but faster round and packs a lot more energy behind it. The much slower speed of the 45 is what keeps it from being more effective. You can watch just about any video on youtube comparing them and you'll find the 10mm wins every time. 45 is a classic and always gets love especially if you like carrying a 1911 but that 10mm is a beast and the truth. 357 is 1 of the few pistol rounds that packs comparable power to 10mm

Last edited:

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I respectfully disagree on 45 shitting on 10mm but he is correct on FBI dropping 10mm. They dropped it cuz a lot of their ppl couldn't pass shooting efficiency tests with them. That's what lead to the 40S&W coming into play as it was de-powered 10mm round that still packed more power behind it than the 9mm they were using at the time. They've since returned to using 9mm and the 40S&W is now a dying round while 10mm is having a resurgence in popularity.

My boy said it was too strong...he said the .50ae.. Desert Eagle that I own as well...is slightly stronger...than a full load 10mm..brah

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When you get a chance, look at the ballistics for both. You'll see that 10mm outperforms 45 in all categories. It's a lighter but faster round and packs a lot more energy behind it. The much slower speed of the 45 is what keeps it from being more effective. You can watch just about any video on youtube comparing them and you'll find the 10mm wins every time. 45 is a classic and always gets love especially if you like carrying a 1911 but that 10mm is a beast and the truth. 357 is 1 of the few pistol rounds that packs more power than 10mm
.50 ae...brah..is that ONE

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
My boy said it was too strong...he said the .50ae.. Desert Eagle that I own as well...is slightly stronger...than a full load 10mm..brah
Yeah .50ae is stronger than 10mm. That's why Desert Eagles are so damn heavy. You need that weight to handle the recoil from it. 10mm was considered too strong for a lot of the FBI agents to pass their efficiency tests. That's why the 40S&W is sometimes called 40 Short & Weak or 10mm's lil bro.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
My cousin owns a Desert Eagle. He always wanted one but after he finally got it was kinda let down cuz it wasn't as fun to shoot as he hoped it would be. Plus good luck finding ammo for it. I still want one but I'd only get it as a collector's piece.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My cousin owns a Desert Eagle. He always wanted one but after he finally got it was kinda let down cuz it wasn't as fun to shoot as he hoped it would be. Plus good luck finding ammo for it. I still want one but I'd only get it as a collector's piece.
I got over 3000 rounds stored...I have owned a desert eagle since I was 16 years old....I'm now 43...brah..I got a White boy that reloads...my casings...as well...got my whole arsenal...brah

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm 325 elbows....that desert eagle...looks like a baby in my hand..very little recoil to me.. brah