Who Here Has Expensive Hobbies and/or Toys

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I've always been an audiophile since I was preteen and since then, my audio and video equipment is more advanced than most people are willing to go. But, since the 90s, one of my favorite hobbies has always been me installing high-end 12volt audio equipment into my autos. A couple of my friends and coworkers has often blasted me for spending about 6 grand in equipment in my current truck.

Well, my next truck should be delivered to me this spring and since it will be all electric, this will be the first install that I did not install myself. This company in Delaware specializes in high-end audio installs in EVs and his specialty is Tesla installs. We spoke a couple times and he is going to install my system and the ticket is up to 16K so far but it will probably be at least a couple more than that once we get thru some of my particulars, and this install is on a low end setup. The setup I want would cost me about 10 more grand. He will have my truck for about a week to a week and a half. The install will go down sometime early summer, probably June or so.

I have a friend that has about 30k wrapped up into getting his Harley chromed out and other accessories. Other people spend 20k on shit like paint jobs or rims.

Who here would do that? Who has expensive hobbies and toys? How far have/would you go to fulfill your hobby(s)?

Best-Car-Competition-Subwoofer.jpg

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've always been an audiophile since I was preteen and since then, my audio and video equipment is more advanced than most people are willing to go. But, since the 90s, one of my favorite hobbies has always been me installing high-end 12volt audio equipment into my autos. A couple of my friends and coworkers has often blasted me for spending about 6 grand in equipment in my current truck.

Well, my next truck should be delivered to me this spring and since it will be all electric, this will be the first install that I did not install myself. This company in Delaware specializes in high-end audio installs in EVs and his specialty is Tesla installs. We spoke a couple times and he is going to install my system and the ticket is up to 16K so far but it will probably be at least a couple more than that once we get thru some of my particulars, and this install is on a low end setup. The setup I want would cost me about 10 more grand. He will have my truck for about a week to a week and a half. The install will go down sometime early summer, probably June or so.

I have a friend that has about 30k wrapped up into getting his Harley chromed out and other accessories. Other people spend 20k on shit like paint jobs or rims.

Who here would do that? Who has expensive hobbies and toys? How far have/would you go to fulfill your hobby(s)?

Best-Car-Competition-Subwoofer.jpg

I had a nakamichi head unit and alpine amp in my first car. Probably 1.5K worth of gear but you couldn't tell 16 year old me shit. :lol:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Rather than having one major hobby / expensive toys, I have several interests and try to spend moderately in each one.

Added together though, I'm spending a few thousand each year.
Yeah, I'm honestly thinking because it's a great question. I'd say tech toys are my weakness. My interests rotate though. I also had to admit I had a problem collecting cryptos. It's like I don't want to buy shit else so it comes full fucking circle.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Pots/pans All Clad

Furniture I used to rock Ralph Lauren and Theodore Alexander. Now I’m on Christopher Guy.

How do you like your All Clad set? I started to buy a set a few years ago, but when I lifted the fry pans, the handle cut into my hand. It was uncomfortable to hold. I haven't been cooking as much anyway but ended up with an inexpensive Viking set.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I thought I'd be called a fool for blowing that much loot. I gave him 1k last week towards my install and to insure my place in line. He is booked up until May or June. He is drawing up several ways to go with different equipment and will email me the plans after thanks giving.

From looking at his videos, this Matt Schaeffer kat does some superior work. I look forward to doing business with him.

Last edited:

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How do you like your All Clad set? I started to buy a set a few years ago, but when I lifted the fry pans, the handle cut into my hand. It was uncomfortable to hold. I haven't been cooking as much anyway but ended up with an inexpensive Viking set.

You should have called me...and let me cook for you...and buy you a new set... bae

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm upset now...bae

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
GOLF. The new irons that I want for next season.
I like the idea of customizing my clubs.

The last set I got I customized the grips.

I dont know which golfer it is but there is one on tour who has all of his clubs (driver thru PW) the same legnth so he doesn't have to alter his swing or stance that much.

I like that idea and may try it with my next set.:yes:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
OP's the dude that rides around setting off everyone's car alarms....:lol:

sidebar: there's a dude that rides around my hood with a Harley..... doesn't use a full helmet with Bluetooth in it... got one of those half helmets.... be playing music louder than a fucking Rolling Stones concert so that he.... can enjoy it over the Harley sound

I had a nakamichi head unit and alpine amp in my first car. Probably 1.5K worth of gear but you couldn't tell 16 year old me shit. :lol:
Probably couldn't tell you shit now neither, unless someone was two feet away.... ur ears are shot.... what kind of deal did you get on your "Little Wonder" hearing aid??

:lol:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I thought I'd be called a fool for blowing that much loot. I gave him 1k last week towards my install and to insure my place in line. He is booked up until May or June. He is drawing up several ways to go with different equipment and will email me the plans after thanks giving.

From looking at his videos, this Matt Schaeffer kat does some superior work. I look forward to doing business with him.

Life is too damn short man. It's all about being happy. Someone might spend 3k on shoes, another buys a gaming computer for 5k, yet another person wants a new car every other year. As long as a person ain't got to rob or steal for it, fuck it. Live and be happy.

If you're at a point where you can spend a good chunk of change on what others call dumb AND not sweat it, you're successful. You made the right choices in life.

I recently bought both the new Google and Iphone. I don't even go anywhere. Then I bought a chromebook to go with my new google phone like a chick buys purse to go with the shoes. Just 2k spent on bullshit I didn't really need. Now I'm looking at drones and shitcoins. :lol:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Never realized how expensive guitars and basses can be until I started playing. I also understand why musicians have so many. Different tones depending on what you wanna play. Definitely an expensive hobby being a musician. Especially when you factor in things like amps and other accessories like foot pedals, headphones, wires, etc.

RgaSdx.jpg