The Chi Discussion Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Since Chi is my second home and Common is involved I thought the accent and music could have been more Chicago. I havnt heard anything about folks Moes or Joe havnt seen any footwork, no yelling of south side or naming of the neighborhood they’re in, no steppers type music even in the house party I figured I’d hear some type of chanting gangster shit. I almost think some of it was not shot in Chicago.

I like the show a lot however I think it could be more authentic.

Chance The Rapper and Vic Mensa :dunno:

Ep 2 doesnt air until 1/21.

Where did you see it?

How long have you been on BGOL :confused:

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
He's one of those characters that i find myself immediately rooting for
he's in one of those positions where his mom don't want to change who she is and feels entitled to move however and say whatever to her sons. he got a good woman beside him and tragedy strikes. he's not no street dudes but he's street smart. he's moving up in his career but knows that the police will not solve his brother's murder regardless if he give the info to the police. hard place to be in mentally. either way , whatever he does will eat up him for life. if he kill dude that shit eat him to his core and it will never bring him bro back no matter the fact that he exact revenge. if he let it go , it will fucked with him for life that the killer of his little brother is walking the streets and not paying the penalty for the taking young boy's life.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Since Chi is my second home and Common is involved I thought the accent and music could have been more Chicago. I havnt heard anything about folks Moes or Joe havnt seen any footwork, no yelling of south side or naming of the neighborhood they’re in, no steppers type music even in the house party I figured I’d hear some type of chanting gangster shit. I almost think some of it was not shot in Chicago.

When is the last time that you have been to chicago? Footwork?

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

inaint tripping but for u to say it wasnt filmed in the Chi, u must havent been round the entire chit-town! thye filmed on the southside northside and westside.. last episode at the restaurant dude supposed to work in was right around the corner from my moms house... so i dunno...

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
inaint tripping but for u to say it wasnt filmed in the Chi, u must havent been round the entire chit-town! thye filmed on the southside northside and westside.. last episode at the restaurant dude supposed to work in was right around the corner from my moms house... so i dunno...

Ok and everything else I mentioned?
When is the last time that you have been to chicago? Footwork?

December, Chatham, Gold Coast,WestLoop
And yes footwork.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Ok and everything else I mentioned?

December, Chatham, Gold Coast,WestLoop
And yes footwork.

i aint heard nobody yelling southside in a long time.. the show seemed change it to me authentic to me.. ijs.. house music being played i het ur point but hell i dnt even hear much of non of what u mentioned these days.. ijs..

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

BGOL Investor
If you disagree,cool! Maybe I set the bar too high, maybe the aunthenticity is there for you. Cool
its really not about disagreeing famo, the shit that you say is missing is not even prevalent to Chicago's culture right now...most of it was from the 90's. Thats why I asked when was the last time you been there.
i aint heard nobody yelling southside in a long time.. the show seemed change it to me authentic to me.. ijs.. house music being played i het ur point but hell i dnt even hear much of non of what u mentioned these days.. ijs..

exactly which leads me to believe that Chicago was his second home a loooooooong time ago!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I like this show.
I enjoy that the writer is actually from Chicago so she can bring some authentic things to it that outsiders could not.
All of the characters are compelling so far
Looking forward to seeing it develop then I can comment more.

KrafMatik

Rising Star
Registered
I enjoy the show. Couldn't they do without showing the young sisters bee stings though? Seems pointless.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

BGOL Investor
I enjoy the show. Couldn't they do without showing the young sisters bee stings though? Seems pointless.
WTF???

At least shes with a male.

Ep. 2 had 2 different gay female couples.

I can do w/o the fag shit.
I was jumpimg for joy when i finished ep 1 and no faggotry was displayed...I then looked up the show's creator and seen it was a dyke bitch...I knew at that point eventually the gay agenda would pop up sooner or later....BOOM two chicks kissing :smh:

Dope show still.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
damn 5 mins in .. is that a girl or boy...

damn hit us with that gender neutral shit off top?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
What I don’t like.

Black women with bumbass males

Damn near every black male is a predator or chump

Ol dude with the belly gsw is a trip.

Q look like the devil of the show

Reactions: BKF