The Chi Discussion Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I see Lena Waithe is from Chicago, but I don't really get a Chicago vibe from the show. It's seems to be any town USA. I wonder if that's because she's a woman, so her perspective is different.

I'm still giving it a shot, but the decision making on the show is a turn off for me. It's not believable at all.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
I see Lena Waithe is from Chicago, but I don't really get a Chicago vibe from the show.

The series is decent, imho. Not bad at all. But I feel you on the "Chicago vibe" being missing. When I saw the outfits and shit in the first episode I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Common worked on the show as well. But I think his influence was small. Also, ol girl is from Chicago, but from what ive heard she wasnt really "out here"; whereas she could paint a more a clearer picture of the culture.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
I see Lena Waithe is from Chicago, but I don't really get a Chicago vibe from the show. It's seems to be any town USA. I wonder if that's because she's a woman, so her perspective is different.

I'm still giving it a shot, but the decision making on the show is a turn off for me. It's not believable at all.
The faggot bitch stayed in Chicago as a small child but moved to Evanston for most her developmental years...so basically she is not from the Chi.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
that was the weakest block party i have ever seen... is that how yall really do it in chicago.

I see one of my other questions is being answered about the old head. could he really be the boys real father

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
When he pulled out Godzilla :roflmao2:

Fat girl story line sucks

How the fuck that cop not smell the weed :hmm:

Roney need to cut the nasty beard off, shit looks dusty

That bitch pulled some hoe shit, fuck her

“Oh you must be the dude who keeps callin”

Bitch nigga move

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered

Bitch nigga move
Shit he damn near homeless it don’t get no more dusty than they

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And that chi was lettin him smash, man wtf.

And now she know Q,

Oh how you gonna bite that man samich after you sold it to him
Man that was so fucked up how she did him though.
Dude done caught a body, and got shot in the stomach over this broad.
Then she flips the script saying "thats on you bruh I was just hurting at the time" :lol:
I almost fell out my chair laughing at that shit.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Man that was so fucked up how she did him though.
Dude done caught a body, and got shot in the stomach over this broad.
Then she flips the script saying "thats on you bruh I was just hurting at the time" :lol:
I almost fell out my chair laughing at that shit.
Bitch ain’t shit, nigga caught a body for kid that ain’t his

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Bitch nigga move

Yeah I don't know if the writers forgot they had them smoking weed or what...but a cop letting that slide? I highly doubt it.

Yep, that's who I think it is too....

the basketball player who got killed

Maybe grandson? Or am I misunderstanding who y'all talking about? Y'all talking about the old head right?

DEETZ181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Brandon played himself with Jerricka, he damn near started crying right there. I know that shit hurt but you can't let her see you like that especially in front of her new dude.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The faggot bitch stayed in Chicago as a small child but moved to Evanston for most her developmental years...so basically she is not from the Chi.
When is the last time that you have been to chicago? Footwork?

inaint tripping but for u to say it wasnt filmed in the Chi, u must havent been round the entire chit-town! thye filmed on the southside northside and westside.. last episode at the restaurant dude supposed to work in was right around the corner from my moms house... so i dunno...

Who is doing footwork in Chicago these days? And Joe been fazed out with Bro...so Chicago is your second home?

i aint heard nobody yelling southside in a long time.. the show seemed change it to me authentic to me.. ijs.. house music being played i het ur point but hell i dnt even hear much of non of what u mentioned these days.. ijs..

So you agreeing with me now or nah?