"Stop telling women to smile" movement

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
I know right,people on here have active imaginations.. whatever they feel like you are in their head that's what you are to them I guess.

Anything that's said will get some chick tryna start a movement and playing a victim. I think the point is that she doesn't want anybody saying anything to her (unless you worth a millie I bet). But I've literally had the shit happen to me. I was in a horrible mood was down the street walking,and a chick who happened to be passing by said "damn,smile sometime boo" it wasn't the end of the world. I didn't need to start a movement,I wasn't judging her and no awareness was needed. It's actually considered kind in most places. Only a crazy can turn a kind gesture into something sinister.

I don't start a movement when it happens to me. This, just like many other things is just to bring awareness. It'd be nice if guys were decent human beings. But the majority of them are not. We deal with it. Her movement isn't going to DO anything. Not on a real scale, but hell if you can get 1 guy to realize that 'hmmm maybe i should take into consideration someone elses feelings'

I call that a win.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff is an old white man, not a black female
dont fall for the horse shit

cant believe these goofy broads dont know how transparent they are
if they dont wanna get hollered at then start lookin like the fat ugly bitches that nobody talks to

:lol: I love how i stay on your mind. ;)

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Re: "Stop telling women to smile" movement ft slam pics

The post isn't just about the smiling part. Alot of their posts are saying shit like don't speak to me if I don't speak to you and I'm not any affectionate nickname you wanna call me. I'm not outside for you to talk to me. Let me enjoy my day.

Please explain to me what's so wrong with this?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol::lol::lol:

but seriously in just observing people I noticed that women (particularity pretty women) behave like prey animals in the wild.
prey.jpg

how do you think you would feel if you lived in the knowledge that there is someone actively trying to "get" you all the time.:lol:
so full of self pity, feeling sorry for themselves... women need to understand and accept their role as prey, to male predators.

"There can be no pacts between men and lions, wolves and lambs can never be (friends)..."

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
:lol::lol::lol:

but seriously in just observing people I noticed that women (particularity pretty women) behave like prey animals in the wild.
prey.jpg

how do you think you would feel if you lived in the knowledge that there is someone actively trying to "get" you all the time.:lol:

Tryin' to get 'em all da time??! Hell, personally, I don't be even studdin' these hoes a lot of times. I got things of more importance to focus on. :dunno:

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't start a movement when it happens to me. This, just like many other things is just to bring awareness. It'd be nice if people were decent human beings. But the majority of them are not. We deal with it. Her movement isn't going to DO anything. Not on a real scale, but hell if you can get 1 guy to realize that 'hmmm maybe i should take into consideration someone elses feelings'

I call that a win.

Fixed.

And telling some1 to smile is as considerate as it gets. Being social is not selfish.

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
Women have said to me in the past, and I didn't get frustrated, but I do see how that could become annoying.

I never got into the "making passes at random women in the street" thing, personally. I wait until a woman makes extended eye contact or flashes me a smile before I try my luck.

most women think I'm a conceited asshole...bc I act like they don't exist until they make it very obvious they're interested.

and if nothing happens, fuck it bc my girl is at home & they shouldn't be tempting me anyway. :smile:

I am really thinking like I just logged onto bizarro girl online.

What the fuck is wrong with smiling?

Some young black women have a problem with smiling even at the suggestion of another?

How is it dehumanizing or offensive?

Grumpy ass folks spreading their bah hum bug ass attitude.

Now chicks want to be mean-mugging 24/7?

Soulless, bitter, broken ass young black folks.

c/s.

I think the attention whoring from fb, Twitter, etc has them all thinking they're the "next big thing." then when reality slaps them, they get mad at the world.

:dunno:

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Being social is saying good morning, afternoon, evening or some type of small talk not ordering a person to perform an expression :hmm:

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
men are going to be men...
what ever a woman likes or doesn't like, is her problem, not mine.

Can any of you over 35 even imagine this as a subject 10 or 20yrs ago? Now you got these girls being reaffirmed by skinny jean wearing metrosexuals or "men" raised in single parent households by their mothers grandmothers, older sisters and aunts.

A guy saying "good morning beautiful - I'd love to see your smile..." is dehumanizing? so Its better to just say "smile, bitch!" or "good morning cunt" and smack that ass or pinch a bit of boob?

1350660859443_5082818.png
This comment is ironic to me.

There's a group that says something similar about a different group, and if you read the same comment you made but made by them, you'd flip your shit.

Think about it.

And if you can't figure it out, you basically said 'can you believe women, having the nerve to say what they don't like and what annoys them, I wish it were the old days where they knew their place and shut the fuck up'

Sounds eerily familiar to anothe group that opines for the good ole days when a group they felt superior to would shut the fuck up and know their place.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Thirsty dudes create the illusion that women must make themselves less inviting... Less inviting women creates more thirsty dudes.... And so on, and so on..... This is a vicious cycle, that would only get worse if we continue the path that we are on..
This is nothing more than a case of self hate, where were our internal hate is transferred towards the people that look like us. By looking at our potential loved ones that look like us, as potential enemies, it only speaks in volumes the amount of hate that we have inside towards who we are as a people..
Don't believe me, just look how these same sisters shuck and grin every time they are in the presence of a white man, especially one with money and power..

NewyorkRealTalk

Rising Star
OG Investor
Being social is saying good morning, afternoon, evening or some type of small talk not ordering a person to perform an expression :hmm:

Ordering and flirtatiously suggesting are two different things.

Exaggeration.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Fixed.

And telling some1 to smile is as considerate as it gets. Being social is not selfish.

Women are more socialized in the americas towards 1 another and to men than the opposite. And this isn't about being social. And there's many different ways to be considerate of someone. Leaving them in peace is 1.

Thirsty dudes create the illusion that women must make themselves less inviting... Less inviting women creates more thirsty dudes.... And so on, and so on..... This is a vicious cycle, that would only get worse if we continue the path that we are on..
This is nothing more than a case of self hate, where were our internal hate is transferred towards the people that look like us. By looking at our potential loved ones that look like us, as potential enemies, it only speaks in volumes the amount of hate that we have inside towards who we are as a people..
Don't believe me, just look how these same sisters shuck and grin every time they are in the presence of a white man, especially one with money and power..

The middle of this post is truth. The other 2 parts are bullshit.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Re: "Stop telling women to smile" movement ft slam pics

Please explain to me what's so wrong with this?

so its basically wrong for any man to communicate w/ any woman unless he is spoken to first.

gtfo i will tell as many pretty bitter looking women to smile as i want. its a reminder to wipe that fuckin mean ass mug off her pretty face. fuck.... ur alive, ur walking, breathing, and working...which is more than alot of people can say so if i tell u to smile u better wipe that flat ass look off ur face and show some teeth.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Women are more socialized in the americas towards 1 another and to men than the opposite. And this isn't about being social. And there's many different ways to be considerate of someone. Leaving them in peace is 1.

The middle of this post is truth. The other 2 parts are bullshit.

The parts that you call bullshit, is how the white man pit the black man vs the black woman (at least one of the ways) its just another case of divide and conqueror and in the case of confusion, fear and disrepair we are programmed to look for a savior, and our savior has always been the white man, this is why so important to keep Jesus, Superman and most hero's in the media white... This shit is so subliminal yet it has deep real world implications..

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
holler_030112_m-600x450.jpg

Who would have thought that playful banter/introduction into a conversation with a woman- which is an important part of the courting process- would be seen as form of oppression.:smh:

As a man, you see a woman you find attractive, put your bid in, if she bites great, if not, on to the next. Hell we're all here cause some man "harassed" some women.:lol:

I swear, there are parts of the feminist movement that is ruining women.:smh:

The cruel irony is that this rule only applies to the cats that these chicks don't want to be approached by! SUPER NIGGAS NEED NOT ABIDE!!!:dunno::lol::smh::hmm:

"It's not sexual harassment if I WANT TO FUCK YOU."- A chick who approached me on the job...that I fucked.

*two cents*

Last edited:

NewyorkRealTalk

Rising Star
OG Investor
holler_030112_m-600x450.jpg

Who would have thought that playful banter/introduction into a conversation with a woman- which is an important part of the courting process- would be seen as form of oppression.:smh:

As a man, you see a woman you find attractive, put your bid in, if she bites great, if not, on to the next. Hell we're all here cause some man "harassed" some women.:lol:

I swear, there are parts of the feminist movement that is ruining women.:smh:

The cruel irony is that this rule only applies to the cats that these chicks don't want to be approached by! SUPER NIGGAS NEED NOT ABIDE!!!:dunno::lol::smh::hmm:

"It's not sexual harassment if I WANT TO FUCK YOU."- A chick who approached me on the job...that I fucked.

*two cents*

:yes:

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm tryin to think of some phrase or thing that white people say innocently that annoys black people off...its the same kind of thing.

But for real MOST dudes on here would be annoyed if some stranger said to them to smile out of the blue..

hell let a white person say that shit to you..how would you feel?

This. I know the sista who got it started. Artist by the name of Tatyana. Real dope sis. Her and her squad are not the man bashing or hating types at all. Just get tired of the street harassment they endure.

GhostWriter

Rising Star
Registered
I don't understand this approach at all.

I smile at most people I see and typically say hello or ask how their day is. I don't really go around asking women to smile, or anyone for that matter...most of the time, my smile makes them smile back.

Why not just smile at them and hope for the best?

NewyorkRealTalk

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't understand this approach at all.

I smile at most people I see and typically say hello or ask how their day is. I don't really go around asking women to smile, or anyone for that matter...most of the time, my smile makes them smile back.

Why not just smile at them and hope for the best?

As far as I've seen it's just a flirty way to grab attention. But the movement" is bigger than the smiling. Hit the link and read some of the posts.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This comment is ironic to me.

There's a group that says something similar about a different group, and if you read the same comment you made but made by them, you'd flip your shit.

Think about it.

And if you can't figure it out, you basically said 'can you believe women, having the nerve to say what they don't like and what annoys them, I wish it were the old days where they knew their place and shut the fuck up'

Sounds eerily familiar to anothe group that opines for the good ole days when a group they felt superior to would shut the fuck up and know their place.

Soo many mr sensititys...

Talk to your father about the responsibilities of a man... more of us need to be chauvinists - in the true sense of that word (look it up) not the fem slur. Stop the brainwashing and allowing women to lead men around by the collar... females and fags agenda to make us feel guilty because we ar3 MEN and we tend to behave like it.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I've discussed with some guys before here and there. This is generally their view. "You smile and it makes me feel better". As that's your purpose in life for men. You're just there... to make them feel better. That's your role in existence. They see nothing wrong with what they said. Men in general believe this. Maybe not overtly. But subconsciously. It comes off that way. The replies in this thread show this.

Had a thread about this awhile ago. Went as well as can be expected. It's hard for them to imagine that we're not all pieces of meat here to get their attention and want them.

lmao

On the other side this has happened to me before as well. A guy being a prick coming after me and another guy comes in and tells him to chill out. And i've had 1 who did know me and told them i was cool. Let me go.

I tell males all the time they have no understanding unless they can look outside themselves and see us as people instead of things there for just their benefit.

If you use twitter, the tweeters timeline is @FeministaJones. I don't agree with half the stuff she blogs about, but she has a huge following and always good participation and feedback. Even if I don't agree with something, I can pick up a new perspective or see what the group think is on something as I tend to be out of touch with a lot of foolishness that goes on. She has a large male following as well, and you don't get the hostility toward women that you see around here. I don't participate on twitter as much as I used to. I basically retweet folx now and read other folx timelines.

I didn't join in on the twitter harassment discussion as I really don't have any experiences to add, but the one thing that stood out to me was that even though there was widespread acknowledgement from the menfolx as having witnessed the behavior or having intervened by acting like they knew the woman, NO ONE ADDRESSED THE BEHAVIOR WITH THE GUY. Until men start addressing these men, the behavior is going to continue.

As far as the smile thing, this isn't anything new. I remember years ago someone wrote into Ann Landers or Dear Abby about men walking up asking to smile. Someone had just died or something and she didn't want to smile. I think the one trying to start a movement is overreacting, but like you said, if it causes someone to be a little more considerate, something good comes of it.

NewyorkRealTalk

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yup.. Straight feministic bullshit. She pushing hard on some unnecessary shit like don't speak to me while I'm out. And everybody giving dap and hi fiving.

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn there's some bitter ass women out there. each is own if they dont wanna smile who cares dont bring that negative shit to other women with positive energy tho. with me when i make eye contact with a female 9 times out ten they smile and speak or vice versa. i know everybody might not be having a great day but it never hurts to smile sometimes.

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What?

So because I dont walk around smiling all the time,

& at things that dont warrant me to smile, I may be miserable?

You display pretty unsound logic! Thanks, but no thanks for your

Most valuable insight.

Says the guy who branded people who smile randomly as "clowns" :rolleyes: