Steve Harvey Reflects on Heated Argument with Mo'Nique: 'I've Got to Slow Down When I'm Talking'

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
there is a difference betweenShopping for a distributor at film festivals film promotion for a new release and doing awards campaigns

Im not sure what you are getting at. Cannes was in May and the movie was coming out in November, so it is promotion for a new release. From what I understand Cannes is a big deal and was a big promotion opportunity for the movie.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Im not sure what you are getting at. Cannes was in May and the movie was coming out in November, so it is promotion for a new release. From what I understand Cannes is a big deal and was a big promotion opportunity for the movie.
there is a difference betweenShopping for a distributor at film festivals film promotion for a new release and doing awards campaigns

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif
The game is one, you are not paid to act you are paid to advertise the movie. She said "fuck you" when iy came to promoting for the oscars and then she let her pissy attitude in meetings and started acting like she was the biggest star in the game. YOU DON'T TELL HOLLYWOOD WHAT YOU ARE AND AREN'T GOING TO DO.

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what low budget project was that? precious? the one exec produced by oprah and tyler perry?

Just to clarify: that shitty movie was made before Winfrey and Perry got on board. So, yeah it was low budget and looked like a low budget movie (judging it from the trailer...cuz I'll never watch it) . Winfrey and Perry helped bring attention to it.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just to clarify: that shitty movie was made before Winfrey and Perry got on board. So, yeah it was low budget and looked like a low budget movie (judging it from the trailer...cuz I'll never watch it) . Winfrey and Perry helped bring attention to it.
yeah but they would be by far the most famous people attached. Moreso than monique. And at the end of the day no actual negative effects were done to the film itself as still won a fuckton of awards.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
here's her netflix deal...you would take THAT DEAL??

According to the terms presented in the contract Netflix offered Mo’Nique, it would own the copyright of the program and control all exhibition rights. It would own all audio rights. And basically? It would own Mo’Nique.

For 12 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be allowed to tape or negotiate another comedy special with anyone else. When that 12 months was up, Netflix would have dibs on her next comedy special, and she would be able to do one with someone else (HBO, for example) only if Netflix passed first.

For 24 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be able to crack any of the jokes she did in the Netflix special anywhere else, and when the 24 months were up—Netflix would have first dibs on those jokes, too.
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/mo-nique-wasn-t-lying-netflix-tried-to-play-her-1822647579

To answer your question has it been a year since she declined this offer? So if she had done the show she would be free to do another special for more money?

Dude this is how the industry works for c level talent. Now nobody will hire her and she making herself look silly.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To answer your question has it been a year since she declined this offer? So if she had done the show she would be free to do another special for more money?

Dude this is how the industry works for c level talent. Now nobody will hire her and she making herself look silly.
ENT_SAYERS_MoNique.jpg

MO’NIQUE DOES VEGAS January 11-February 28; Thursday, 8 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 8 & 11 p.m., $49-$89.

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno: