Steve Harvey Reflects on Heated Argument with Mo'Nique: 'I've Got to Slow Down When I'm Talking'

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just say "no". Or don't respond. and move on.
LOL
Monique doesnt have a history of being g difficult?

Fuck outt here

And I would not do business with someone that doesnt value my 20+ years and my skillset.

I would either create my own or shop my product elsewhere...

I would negotiate a deal I can agree with and feel like pays me what I'm worth, or u would continue touring and hit up outlets that value my product

I would not call for a boycott because I don't like what I was offered. It would make me look weak.
I said this before....

Dude we live in an era of the PILE-ON...meaning when someone tells a story about some bad shit a person did...then 40 other people come out the woodwork and make their claims about shit that happened decades ago...ask cosby and spacey and weinstein about the pile on...

Monique's made about 20 movies and a career thats over 25 years.....WHERES OTHER STORIES ABOUT HER BEING A BITCH AND DIFFICULT TO WORK WITH??

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
So basically he has to set his dial to low-speed cooning from time to time. Aight we got it

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you dint like the terms, dont take thenjob...

But you think for a moment that Burger King wants someone that is willing to post about rats in thenkitchen of a competitor.... you're a fuckin fool.

Once you burn the bridge, you can be surprised if others raise their bridges to protect them.
dude (still going with analogy) the bridge was burned the second you said ...sorry i can't come in on my day off...no I really can't.. you keep skipping over the part where they decided to dead your career that next second after no left your mouth..

this is why she made the connection with harvey weinstein... ashley judd and mira sorvino's career were affected the second they said no to lettin him fuck... they were labeled bitchy and difficult and do not work with after that...so calling him a fat piece of shit after that isn't making things worse when you look at the bigger picture..

again monique was told she was blacklisted AFTER the fact...THEN she went on her offensive.

this reminds of this scene

even this one..

Last edited:

biggboye5000

Rising Star
Registered

tenor.gif

Their conversation was between a tactful person who lacks intergity (Steve) trying to explain tactics to a person of integrity (Monique) who lacks tact.

-Monique had the heft to create her own lane out right but lacked the tact to strike while the iron was hot.

-Steve is a sound tactition but needs to shut the fuck up on all things that have anything to do with integrity and character.

Nobody was going to learn anything that day.

*two cents*

I was with Steve EXACTLY right up to that integrity line. First word that came to my mind was "Sellout."

Define sellout? A person who will do ANYTHING that you ask of them for the right price. Hollywood is FULL of these type folks. And if you are a DUDE with this type of attitude if you get on your knees or bend over you will go very far especially in Hollywood. Steve tipped his hand right at that point. Showed what he was made of. Too late to walk it back now. Monique might not be perfect strategically or tactically but her integrity and principles are not in question.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol they have her a deal she did not like and instead of habdoing professionally she had a tantrum that culminated in thenshit show we all witnessed.

They didnt and cant dead her career. She can tour til the end of time with out Netflix Money. She could hve called up comedy central/showtime/hbo/hulu and or fuciin Kevin Hart who out out like 30nspecials in the last 3 years...

Stop it.

When she jumped out the window and showed her ass, thenshit hit the fan and I woildnt want to do business with her either.

dude (still going with analogy) the bridge was burned the second you said ...sorry i can't come in on my day off...no I really can't.. you keep skipping over the part where they decided to dead your career that next second after no left your mouth..

this is why she made the connection with harvey weinstein... ashley judd and mira sorvino's career were affected the second they said no to lettin him fuck... they were labeled bitchy and difficult and do not work with after that...so calling him a fat piece of shit after that isn't making things worse when you look at the bigger picture..

again monique was told she was blacklisted AFTER the fact...THEN she went on her offensive.

even this one..

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol they have her a deal she did not like and instead of habdoing professionally she had a tantrum that culminated in thenshit show we all witnessed.

They didnt and cant dead her career. She can tour til the end of time with out Netflix Money. She could hve called up comedy central/showtime/hbo/hulu and or fuciin Kevin Hart who out out like 30nspecials in the last 3 years...

Stop it.

When she jumped out the window and showed her ass, thenshit hit the fan and I woildnt want to do business with her either.
As far as the nexflix deal is concerned she did move on...she's at a LV residency now. I was talking about how she dealt with oprah and perry and the rumors and backstabbing they did.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

even this one..

Steve in a nutshell

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As far as the nexflix deal is concerned she did move on...she's at a LV residency now. I was talking about how she dealt with oprah and perry and the rumors and backstabbing they did.

Her movements are alienating her from the power base. He winning that oscar should have launched her into the stratosphere, but it didnt.

She has been but hurt and it shows.

You like how she has moved in this situation... cool

The folks that cut checks dont.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Her movements are alienating her from the power base. He winning that oscar should have launched her into the stratosphere, but it didnt.

She has been but hurt and it shows.

You like how she has moved in this situation... cool

The folks that cut checks dont.
oscars don't do that...the people who win oscars are usually people who are already on a stratosphere trajectory. When jen lawrence won her first oscar she was already booked up 3 or 5 films deep in the future including the hunger games.

if winning an oscars elevates you to the next level then wheres jen hudson or octavia spencer (who claimed netflix tried to lowball her) for the project theyre doing on madam CJ Walker

“I have to say, when I was negotiating my deal for ‘Madam C.J.,’ LeBron James had to intervene,” Spencer said. “So we need all our male counterparts to be in the fight with us.”

Octavia Spencer revealed that Jessica Chastain fought for her to make five times her asking salary on an upcoming film the two are doing together.

Why is this necessary that a man and white woman has to fight for a academy award winning black actress to get her just due???

Now I know what your going to say...she moved differently than monique...BUT mo was ALREADY black listed for just saying NO..before all the so called bridge burning language happened.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You missed my point

MINIQUE thought she would be launched.... it didnt happen and that's where the hard tonwork with shit originated.

But what ever

Steves advise was spot on, save from the.integrity line which I feel was a misstep.

He clearly cares for Mo, as do I... but she fucked this all up. Even if she choses not to own it.

Netflix lowballed her (they were wrong for doing so) Shit happens... but how you handle adversity is what will mark your life and or career.

As for black actresses being lowballed by Hollywood, that's a known issue... and it will take Male costars and CACs to step in and demand equal treatment and pay.

oscars don't do that...the people who win oscars are usually people who are already on a stratosphere trajectory. When jen lawrence won her first oscar she was already booked up 3 or 5 films deep in the future including the hunger games.

if winning an oscars elevates you to the next level then wheres jen hudson or octavia spencer (who claimed netflix tried to lowball her) for the project theyre doing on madam CJ Walker

“I have to say, when I was negotiating my deal for ‘Madam C.J.,’ LeBron James had to intervene,” Spencer said. “So we need all our male counterparts to be in the fight with us.”

Octavia Spencer revealed that Jessica Chastain fought for her to make five times her asking salary on an upcoming film the two are doing together.

Why is this necessary that a man and white woman has to fight for a academy award winning black actress to get her just due???

Now I know what your going to say...she moved differently than monique...BUT mo was ALREADY black listed for just saying NO..before all the so called bridge burning language happened.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You missed my point

MINIQUE thought she would be launched.... it didnt happen and that's where the hard tonwork with shit originated.

But what ever

Steves advise was spot on, save from the.integrity line which I feel was a misstep.

He clearly cares for Mo, as do I... but she fucked this all up. Even if she choses not to own it.

Netflix lowballed her (they were wrong for doing so) Shit happens... but how you handle adversity is what will mark your life and or career.

As for black actresses being lowballed by Hollywood, that's a known issue... and it will take Male costars and CACs to step in and demand equal treatment and pay.

this is from 4 years ago and it pretty much illustrates her point.. she didn't know she was blackballed until she was told..this is before netflix and before the fuck you oprah/perry/daniels tour.

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

this is from 4 years ago and it pretty much illustrates her point.. she didn't know she was blackballed until she was told..this is before netflix and before the fuck you oprah/perry/daniels tour.

She got mixed up. She was offered the role as cookie Monster, Not Cookie. On the real though... In what world would anyone offer the roll as cookie?

bgque12

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Monique got that Oscar it went to her head and thought she was a "star." And didn't have to do shit and she would have offers rolling in. In Hollywood you Have to play the game ESPECIALLY if they look like her! There are only a few roles that she could get. People tried to hip her to the game and she wouldn't listen... fuck her!!!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Monique got that Oscar it went to her head and thought she was a "star." And didn't have to do shit and she would have offers rolling in. In Hollywood you Have to play the game ESPECIALLY if they look like her! There are only a few roles that she could get. People tried to hip her to the game and she wouldn't listen... fuck her!!!
whats the game???

i'll wait

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She got mixed up. She was offered the role as cookie Monster, Not Cookie. On the real though... In what world would anyone offer the roll as cookie?
cookie was just a hardnosed chick that went to jail selling drugs to bankroll her baby father's record label...thats all the character is. the fact that taraji henson is hot is the only reason you associate sexy with the character.

Last edited:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Point blank she isn't funny and not worth more than the offer she was given.

Example, I have multiple gold and number 1 album credits to my name, but if I walked into a label and demanded 50K per track I'd get laughed out of the building. My shit is no longer hot in 2019 so if Kendrick said he'd pay me $2,500 for a track and take half my publishing either I can tell him to fuck off, or make the best track I can to gain some notoriety and get my name back in the public.

She chose to shit on the offer in public and exposed herself.

As far as Heave Starvy I have been telling you he was a bitch ass. He was a bitch when we met him in the early 200s's and he's a super sellout and coon today. If the sun doubled its ultraviolet output and only us melanin covered folks could go outside he would offer services to help skin us for CAC coats.

Fucking tombstone toothed demon

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
whats the game???

i'll wait

Part of the game, according to Whoopie, is doing promotion for free for your low budget projects.

As a family man myself, i respect the hell of out her for saying she had put time aside for her family and that comes first.

BUT... Hollywood is a favor for a favor type business.

At the same time, im sure you understand, if theres 5 of you working on a project but only 4 of you are willing to sacrifice and put in extra work, they gone look at the 5th one like he wasnt there for them.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Part of the game, according to Whoopie, is doing promotion for free for your low budget projects.

As a family man myself, i respect the hell of out her for saying she had put time aside for her family and that comes first.

BUT... Hollywood is a favor for a favor type business.

At the same time, im sure you understand, if theres 5 of you working on a project but only 4 of you are willing to sacrifice and put in extra work, they gone look at the 5th one like he wasnt there for them.
what low budget project was that? precious? the one exec produced by oprah and tyler perry?

if she did something that was detrimental to the project and had a negative effect then sure bad mouth her....but that didn't happen. So what your left with is motherfuckers power trippin.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
what low budget project was that? precious? the one exec produced by oprah and tyler perry?

if she did something that was detrimental to the project and had a negative effect then sure bad mouth her....but that didn't happen. So what your left with is motherfuckers power trippin.

Yeah she wouldnt go to France to promote the movie.

Chris Rock said they dont pay you to make a movie, they pay you to sell a movie.

There was no overseas promotion budget. The other actors did it and she declined. Like i said, im a family man, I get it, but in her business its apparently how shit gets done.

For you to say it wasnt detrimental is in hindsight. If your little no name movie is at Cannes but your biggest star isnt there to promote it, you doing it all wrong.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah she wouldnt go to France to promote the movie.

Chris Rock said they dont pay you to make a movie, they pay you to sell a movie.

There was no overseas promotion budget. The other actors did it and she declined. Like i said, im a family man, I get it, but in her business its apparently how shit gets done.

For you to say it wasnt detrimental is in hindsight. If your little no name movie is at Cannes but your biggest star isnt there to promote it, you doing it all wrong.
you troll badly:giggle::giggle::giggle:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

tenor.gif

Their conversation was between a tactful person who lacks intergity (Steve) trying to explain tactics to a person of integrity (Monique) who lacks tact.

-Monique had the heft to create her own lane out right but lacked the tact to strike while the iron was hot.

-Steve is a sound tactition but needs to shut the fuck up on all things that have anything to do with integrity and character.

*two cents*

Boom^^^

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
whats the best way to go about it then??

How would YOU handle these issues? Mind you you have 20+ years in the career, DON'T HAVE A HISTORY OF BEING DIFFICULT, performed your contractual obligations and was told by people you thought would deal with any conflict that you were not wrong....then those same people turn thier backs when the rumors start flying.

here's her netflix deal

According to the terms presented in the contract Netflix offered Mo’Nique, it would own the copyright of the program and control all exhibition rights. It would own all audio rights. And basically? It would own Mo’Nique.

For 12 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be allowed to tape or negotiate another comedy special with anyone else. When that 12 months was up, Netflix would have dibs on her next comedy special, and she would be able to do one with someone else (HBO, for example) only if Netflix passed first.

For 24 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be able to crack any of the jokes she did in the Netflix special anywhere else, and when the 24 months were up—Netflix would have first dibs on those jokes, too.
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/mo-nique-wasn-t-lying-netflix-tried-to-play-her-1822647579

man fuck that contract... Wouldve been zero negotations...telling me when I can work and when I cant...all that control of your situation naw I'm good

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Point blank she isn't funny and not worth more than the offer she was given.

Example, I have multiple gold and number 1 album credits to my name, but if I walked into a label and demanded 50K per track I'd get laughed out of the building. My shit is no longer hot in 2019 so if Kendrick said he'd pay me $2,500 for a track and take half my publishing either I can tell him to fuck off, or make the best track I can to gain some notoriety and get my name back in the public.

She chose to shit on the offer in public and exposed herself.

As far as Heave Starvy I have been telling you he was a bitch ass. He was a bitch when we met him in the early 200s's and he's a super sellout and coon today. If the sun doubled its ultraviolet output and only us melanin covered folks could go outside he would offer services to help skin us for CAC coats.

Fucking tombstone toothed demon

here's her netflix deal...you would take THAT DEAL??

According to the terms presented in the contract Netflix offered Mo’Nique, it would own the copyright of the program and control all exhibition rights. It would own all audio rights. And basically? It would own Mo’Nique.

For 12 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be allowed to tape or negotiate another comedy special with anyone else. When that 12 months was up, Netflix would have dibs on her next comedy special, and she would be able to do one with someone else (HBO, for example) only if Netflix passed first.

For 24 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be able to crack any of the jokes she did in the Netflix special anywhere else, and when the 24 months were up—Netflix would have first dibs on those jokes, too.
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/mo-nique-wasn-t-lying-netflix-tried-to-play-her-1822647579

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man fuck that contract... Wouldve been zero negotations...telling me when I can work and when I cant...all that control of your situation naw I'm good
you sound pissed off...outraged even..ALMOST like you'd go on IG and tell your fans not to fuck with netflix...

not saying thats a good move or one YOU would do...but as chris rock said

b4dd721a04f9e2c0df4e25f3feb2a3ed.jpg

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He spoke his truth. Everybody see who he is. He feelin the heat. Now he wanna try and walk it back.

Just be who you are bruh. If you about the money then just be about the money.

That pic where he was standin next to Trump...the look in his eyes...that's the real Steve. Sad and scared.
Yep. Steve let out who he really is and now that folks giving him the :hmm::hmm::hmm: side-eye.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
you sound pissed off...outraged even..ALMOST like you'd go on IG and tell your fans not to fuck with netflix...

not saying thats a good move or one YOU would do...but as chris rock said

b4dd721a04f9e2c0df4e25f3feb2a3ed.jpg

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
I wouldn't say boycott Netflix I prob wouldn't even talk about that shitty offer... If I did it would probably motivate me to release my own stand-up...maybe the best 1 to date... If my talent match consumer demand and make tons of bread off it...Id prob s hit on Netflix anytime I could after that... Offer me 500 g when a nig made over 5 mill suck my dic k Netflix... Prob be the name of the standup... " suck my dic k Netflix "

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member

tenor.gif

*two cents*
that actually pretty spot on

i still kinda think Steve is catching some undo heat for telling Mo' what she needed to hear....how he said might have been wrong but....

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
you troll badly:giggle::giggle::giggle:

You asked the question what game. I answered. Based on what Lee Daniels, Whoopie AND Monique all said themselves. But i suppose you know the business more then them or pretend to not understand english or whatever it is you trying to do.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You asked the question what game. I answered. Based on what Lee Daniels, Whoopie AND Monique all said themselves. But i suppose you know the business more then them or pretend to not understand english or whatever it is you trying to do.
there is a difference betweenShopping for a distributor at film festivals film promotion for a new release and doing awards campaigns

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
About her netflix deal, i support her not accepting it because she believes she is worth more. Thats her own career and her own time.

However, she can miss me with making this a black community issue. Her paycheck is not a community issue.

Also, Im just not convinced. Netflix is a business. Businesses will lowball the hell out of you when they arent bidding against anyone else. Is it discrimination? Not really.