Steve Harvey Goes in on Monique.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Perhaps I'm understanding this wrong. What I'm trying to say that if she wants to be good at anything, all that wealth her parents amassed and pass on isn't gonna cut it. She's gonna have to put in the work at anything whether it's fashion, music, being a waitress or drawing the straightest line.

Harvey makes it seems as if simple generational wealth is the key to ensure his children's future, but he's missing the part of you wanting it as well.
that sounds good for working class people - and even then it falls short when you look at white families that keep land / property ownership for 4 generations or more

in this case you are mistaken though... true generational wealth for the kind of money Jay and Bey and even Steve have has nothing to do with how much work their children put in - thats the lie they sell us...
Its about building a perpetual system around their resources and assets - so that even 5 generations later the entire family is still wealthy and no single generation is able to deplete the resources

Ford Morgan Carnegie Rockefeller Vanderbilt, -more recently with smaller numbers - Mayer, Goldwyn,, Warner - none of their offspring are allowed to deplete the estate but they always have properties to live in and use but can never own, and will always have a living allowance, healthcare, and access to extra funds for emergencies

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that sounds good for working class people - and even then it falls short when you look at white families that keep land / property ownership for 4 generations or more - creating a safety net or resource to give the next gen a leg up

in this case you are mistaken though... true generational wealth for the kind of money Jay and Bey and even Steve have has nothing to do with how much work their children put in - thats the lie they sell us...
Its about building a perpetual system around their resources and assets - so that even 5 generations later the entire family is still wealthy and no single generation is able to deplete the resources

Ford Morgan Carnegie Rockefeller Vanderbilt, -more recently with smaller numbers - Mayer, Goldwyn,, Warner - none of their offspring are allowed to deplete the estate but they always have properties to live in and use but can never own, and will always have a living allowance, healthcare, and access to extra funds for emergencies
don't forget dupont.those children were fucking CRAZY and couldn't deplete that fortune...

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
that sounds good for working class people - and even then it falls short when you look at white families that keep land / property ownership for 4 generations or more

Still a bit muddled on this point here..

I get what you're saying and you're right, but I wasn't referring to the depletion of said generational wealth however. I was referring to the fact that if Blue, or any privileged kids, ever wanted to get to Carnegie Hall, there was only way they could do it and that was grind. Their assets and wealth would provide them the easy route of course, but there's still a grind behind it.

We're not able to wake up and just be a great singer, songwriter, dancer, film maker, entertainer, athlete, entrepreneur, philosopher, mathematician or astronaut, simply because you were given assets and resources. No one is excluded from practicing/putting in work to achieve a goal and that includes silver spooned kids. Again, it will def be easier for them of course, but necessity being the mother of invention, they're gonna have to put in work.

If Blue woke up one day and said, "I want to be the worlds leading mathematician...", she'd for sure have the resources available to her to accomplish that, but sitting in a fancy school with the best teachers, and a million dollar notebook, isn't going to substitute the work SHE still has to put in to become proficient in arithmetics. There's work that needs to be done.

And if she falls so be it, she'll always recover, but there's no escaping the grind for any of us.

Spoon fed or otherwise.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
whats your opinion of dave chappelle when he turned down 50 million from comedy central because of his integrity???

I love Chapelle.

Can you tell me how the two situations compare?

Cause i dont see it.

Monique has relationship issues with the wrong people.

See this is what I hate about where this is going.

Monique tries to tell her fans that its about black people. The reality is its about her and the few people who were down to hire her in the first place. Thats it. No one else.

Last edited:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
He didn't go in on shit. What he said was Coon it up until you are in a position to run shit.

But are you ever really in a position to run shit in Hollywood if there isn't a black Hollywood and distribution and theater network and streaming network? That means he's basically telling her to coon until she dies or retires. At best you do things your way and say fuck it.

I don't really get the cooning shit. There's no white people involved in this shit.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love Chapelle.

Can you tell me how the two situations compare?

Cause i dont see it.

Monique has relationship issues with the wrong people.

See this is what I hate about where this is going.

Monique tries to her fans that its about black people. The reality is its about her and the few people who were down to hire her in the first place. Thats it. No one else.
essentially both we're requested to do things or accept things that cross a boundary for them.

In the case of chappelle he was labeled difficult a few times apparently (the dress issue) labeled as playing the race card when they wanted to cast change to a white person and he disagreed. Offered 50 million to continue to do the kind of comedy he was no longer comfortable with.

dave was asked to cross lines he wasn't comfortable with and when he refused he was labeled crazy and difficult

mo was asked to cross a line she wasn't comfortable with and when she refused she was labeled difficult and bitchy.

Netflix made a low ball offer (11 million) to amy shumer...who turned it down and said I'm worth more than that.

Schumer confirmed that she requested payment beyond the initial amount offered and made it clear that she will not stand for being underpaid.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/24/amy-schumer-asked-netflix-for-a-raise.html

Shumer's issue with netflix went public and netflix gave her more money...NO ONE TOLD HER TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE WHAT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED.

Netflix made a lowball offer (500k) to monique who turned it down and said I'm worth more than that..

According to the terms presented in the contract Netflix offered Mo’Nique, it would own the copyright of the program and control all exhibition rights. It would own all audio rights. And basically? It would own Mo’Nique.

For 12 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be allowed to tape or negotiate another comedy special with anyone else. When that 12 months was up, Netflix would have dibs on her next comedy special, and she would be able to do one with someone else (HBO, for example) only if Netflix passed first.

For 24 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be able to crack any of the jokes she did in the Netflix special anywhere else, and when the 24 months were up—Netflix would have first dibs on those jokes, too.
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/mo-nique-wasn-t-lying-netflix-tried-to-play-her-1822647579

Monique's issue with netflix went public and black social media TOLD HER TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE WHAT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED.

Last edited:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
theres white people all over these issues

who do you think runs lionsgate?
who do you think runs netflix?

I saw the show. Steve or Monique were not addressing the Netflix or Lionsgate shit. It was about Oprah, Tyler Perry, and Lee Daniels. The shit y'all talking about is not related and people hollering coon? This was actually one of the realist things Steve has ever done.

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Classic Sgt. Waters..........
"He belittled his men, downgraded their self-worth to force them to act beyond themselves, in essence, he wanted to destroy self-hatred but displayed it in full to his own people."

caesar2.jpg

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
To no one's surprise, Monique turned on Steve just like she did Whoopi and virtually every other Black celebrity who has publicly offered advice and counsel.
Monique would probably tell Cicely Tyson to "suck her dick", so why would Denzel or Shonda Rhimes or Dave Chappelle or ANYBODY else even try to want to publicly "help". Who can honestly blame them from staying far, FAR away from this mess?

giphy.gif

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw the show. Steve or Monique were not addressing the Netflix or Lionsgate shit. It was about Oprah, Tyler Perry, and Lee Daniels. The shit y'all talking about is not related and people hollering coon? This was actually one of the realist things Steve has ever done.
oprah perry and daniels are the most recognizable names but not the only ones involved otherwise why did steve say "WE BLACK OUT HERE! " and "your husband can't be himself" when dealing with who? other black people???

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To no one's surprise, Monique turned on Steve just like she did Whoopi and virtually every other Black celebrity who has publicly offered advice and counsel.
Monique would probably tell Cicely Tyson to "suck her dick", so why would Denzel or Shonda Rhimes or Dave Chappelle or ANYBODY else even try to want to publicly "help". Who can honestly blame them from staying far, FAR away from this mess?

giphy.gif
dave chappelle?? the same guy who turned down 50 million dollars for his integrity?? the same guy who left a hit show because he had issues with comedy central?? the same guy they called drug addled and crazy and you didn't hear from for the next 10 YEARS??

that guy you think would tell monique to play the game??

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
dave chappelle?? the same guy who turned down 50 million dollars for his integrity?? the same guy who left a hit show because he had issues with comedy central?? the same guy they called drug addled and crazy and you didn't hear from for the next 10 YEARS??

that guy you think would tell monique to play the game??
I'm saying they have had no PUBLIC comment on Monique's situation after X years and will not likely have one now. Where did anyone (besides you) assume WHAT the advice might be?
:idea:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
it was white folks that started the difficult smear - It was Lionsgate that ran the oscar campaign for Precious -
they asked Mo to cover her own travel expenses to do junkets and events in Europe
later they gave her a budget to do events closer to the voting deadline but she couldn't do most
whether it was spite or prior bookings who knows but that was when the smear began

Later - post Oscars - O and Lee called Mo and told her she was being smeared in the various studios
Everyone knows no one works for free - and O and Lee both told Mo she was right and they would support her -
fast forward a few years later - one or 2 of Tyler Perry's producer had friction with Mo husband manager plus there are accusations of less than professional behaviour on set by both Mo's people and producers -
the production team not honoring riders in Mo's contract,
no trailer, no transit etc etc - basically a shit show

Lionsgate and Tyler asks Mo to suck it up - she says no

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
it was white folks that started the difficult smear - It was Lionsgate that ran the oscar campaign for Precious -
they asked Mo to cover her own travel expenses to do junkets and events in Europe
later they gave her a budget to do events closer to the voting deadline but she couldn't do most
whether it was spite or prior bookings who knows but that was when the smear began

Later - post Oscars - O and Lee called Mo and told her she was being smeared in the various studios
Everyone knows no one works for free - and O and Lee both told Mo she was right and they would support her -
fast forward a few years later - one or 2 of Tyler Perry's producer had friction with Mo husband manager plus there are accusations of less than professional behaviour on set by both Mo's people and producers -

Word? Thanks for the back story.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

giphy.gif
hqdefault.jpg

back in slave times Steve would a been the type of nigga begging to hold the whip and swing it for massa... help correct the uppity "ones"

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I feel her decision, but sometimes you need to be humble to move forward, Steve backed her In private but aired her out publicly, which I feel Is wrong, But all that I'm gonna take food out of families mouth to join your cause shit Is insane.

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
hqdefault.jpg

back in slave times Steve would a been the type of nigga begging to hold the whip and swing it for massa... help correct the uppity "ones"
Slavery was not a meme joke. You're trying too hard. :fuckyousay:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Slavery was not a meme joke. You're trying too hard.
it would take a certain unserious POV born of an unsympathetic view of the black experience to honestly see my statement in terms of memes....

:raccoon:

So more to the point of this thread: it seems you & Steve have much in common
You have got to be ignorant of black history in this country to even begin to imagine that there was ANY humor in that post...

keith6

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
essentially both we're requested to do things or accept things that cross a boundary for them.

In the case of chappelle he was labeled difficult a few times apparently (the dress issue) labeled as playing the race card when they wanted to cast change to a white person and he disagreed. Offered 50 million to continue to do the kind of comedy he was no longer comfortable with.

dave was asked to cross lines he wasn't comfortable with and when he refused he was labeled crazy and difficult

mo was asked to cross a line she wasn't comfortable with and when she refused she was labeled difficult and bitchy.

Netflix made a low ball offer (11 million) to amy shumer...who turned it down and said I'm worth more than that.

Schumer confirmed that she requested payment beyond the initial amount offered and made it clear that she will not stand for being underpaid.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/24/amy-schumer-asked-netflix-for-a-raise.html

Shumer's issue with netflix went public and netflix gave her more money...NO ONE TOLD HER TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE WHAT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED.

Netflix made a lowball offer (500k) to monique who turned it down and said I'm worth more than that..

According to the terms presented in the contract Netflix offered Mo’Nique, it would own the copyright of the program and control all exhibition rights. It would own all audio rights. And basically? It would own Mo’Nique.

For 12 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be allowed to tape or negotiate another comedy special with anyone else. When that 12 months was up, Netflix would have dibs on her next comedy special, and she would be able to do one with someone else (HBO, for example) only if Netflix passed first.

For 24 months after the special premiered, Mo’Nique would not be able to crack any of the jokes she did in the Netflix special anywhere else, and when the 24 months were up—Netflix would have first dibs on those jokes, too.
https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/mo-nique-wasn-t-lying-netflix-tried-to-play-her-1822647579

Monique's issue with netflix went public and black social media TOLD HER TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE WHAT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED.
giphy.gif

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol she turning on Steve Harvey too now?

And some peeps are going overboard, he didnt tell her to sell out.
damn can you read? how she turn on him??? she didn't make the video and he did tell her to sell out. Steve said fuck integrity get money. Did you miss that part????

giphy%20%286%29.gif

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
damn can you read? how she turn on him??? she didn't make the video and he did tell her to sell out. Steve said fuck integrity get money. Did you miss that part????

giphy%20%286%29.gif

She didnt make the video but she is retweeting it to all of her fans.

That means she co-signing it you moron.

Whether she agrees with him or not Steve sounded like he really feels for her and wants to help her. She said herself that they are family.

So why is she retweeting all those videos dissing him?

Last edited:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She didnt make the video but she is retweeting it to all of her fans.

That means she co-signing it you moron.

Whether she agrees with it or not, Steve sounded like he really feels for her and wants to help her. She said herself that they are family.

So why is she retweeting all those videos dissing him?

does retweeting something mean you 100% totally agreed???read her first caption dumb ass where does it say anything about dissing Steve???? it says and I quote "We deserve to love us better" how is that turning on Steve who was never with her 100% or he would of said what he said in private to her in public????

Second one reads "THIS IS FOR ANYBODY PUTTING MONEY FIRST AND NOT THE LOVE OF YOUR PEOPLE. I LOVE US FOR REAL!!!!!!" Not just Steve any coon loving nukka like you that thinks money is more important than integrity.

If that's how Steve feels how is it a diss and how did she turn on him??? remember Steve said she was right behind closed doors but said she was wrong on TV so how can you diss someone who clearly stated their position.

Only things Steve wants to help with is the shucking and jiving act. from his own mouth he said he can't go home and tell his people he turned down that check even though he knows he's worth 150 mill.

If that's the best advice you and Steve have then keep dancing duck ass sell outs.

tenor.gif

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
does retweeting something mean you 100% totally agreed???read her first caption dumb ass where does it say anything about dissing Steve???? it says and I quote "We deserve to love us better" how is that turning on Steve who was never with her 100% or he would of said what he said in private to her in public????

Second one reads "THIS IS FOR ANYBODY PUTTING MONEY FIRST AND NOT THE LOVE OF YOUR PEOPLE. I LOVE US FOR REAL!!!!!!" Not just Steve any coon loving nukka like you that thinks money is more important than integrity.

If that's how Steve feels how is it a diss and how did she turn on him??? remember Steve said she was right behind closed doors but said she was wrong on TV so how can you diss someone who clearly stated their position.

Only things Steve wants to help with is the shucking and jiving act from his own mouth he said he can't go home and tell his people he turned down that check even though he knows he's worth 150 mill.

If that's the best advice you and Steve have then keep dancing duck ass sell out.

tenor.gif

Yes, retweeting it means you agree.

Its like you retards never saw the Chappelle skit "When keeping real goes wrong".

Thats what Steve was trying to tell Monique.

You cant be all the way real (or be all the way you) in the workplace.

In her case, she gotta think about her money and her career before she goes on stage telling the crowd that her employers can suck her dick. She kept it real and it went wrong.

Now you tell me, other then Steve, who in the industry is trying to help her like that?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yes, retweeting it means you agree.

Its like you retards never saw the Chappelle skit "When keeping real goes wrong".

Thats what Steve was trying to tell Monique.

In her case, she gotta think about her money and her career before she goes on stage telling the crowd that her employers can suck her dick. She kept it real and it went wrong.

Now you tell me, other then Steve, who in the industry is trying to help her like that?
:lol:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well she did scary ass pussy. Once you have millions it shouldn't just be about the money anymore. It's only pussies like you and steve harvey that are afraid to lose that check and won't keep it real at work if you have too. You sound like the token brother at work that let them C.A.C tell you black jokes while saying their not racist all in the same breathe just to keep your job. Ain't nobody disrespecting me perioddddt at work or outside of work. Your picking up the pace, keep tap dancing for that check silly rabbit.

broadway-clipart-tap-dancing-453694-4669471.gif

Last edited:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Monique message is correct, but both of them are on bs. As for Steve, his comments about poor folks etc, he's obviously just happy to be in the house. Keep in mind that Steve Harvey is corny as fuck (imho...lol). He was the forgotten half of the Kings of Comedy. He's in the spot that Bernie wouldve been in if he were alive. Steve wont do or say anything to fuck it up for himself...because he doesnt have the talent nor clout to speak about real issues and not get fired by Whitey.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
“I take full responsibility for it, it came out my mouth, so I can’t say that I didn’t say it,” Harvey told PEOPLE. “But to people that really know me, I have lived my whole life as a man of integrity. So when I was referring to ‘integrity’ in that interview, I was talking about the method in which things were being done, and that is all it was.”

“I never questioned anybody’s principles or anybody’s causes,” he continued. “I was merely questioning, for the 50-minute interview, the method that she chose going about doing it — and I regret that looking back at it now, because that was a bad choice of words.”

Harvey said he hopes his young fans will understand where he’s coming from.

“I shouted out and it happened, I regret it, but I want young people, the kids that come to my camps, the young people that I mentor, the fans that really respect me, to know to just charge that one to my head and not to my heart,” he said. “Because in my heart, that is not what I have asked anyone to do. I have lived my whole life as a man of integrity, and I will stand on that, but I was really just talking about the method that they went about doing what they did, and that was it.”

:idea:

https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/s...ive-got-to-slow-down-when-im-talking.1039659/