Samsung Galaxy Note 10

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, that's one of the phones I'm looking at. The thing is, I don't need a new phone. And since mine is paid off, I'm actually saving money (for once). If the next generation Galaxy S or Note doesn't come with some major camera and other upgrades it's adios Samsung. You're right, they had the chance to make the Note 10 something special and they wet the bed. I feel like I'm listening to apple telling me what a great new phone it is when it's basically the same phone with some tweaks. Samsung is going to have to earn my dollars this time.

The speed doesn't really bother me for what I use it for. I do know you can tell the difference tho. But to me, it's not like dialup or something so I'm good.

Actually, the new tablet looks like what I may cop. In my business, it's now no longer important to be flossing the newest, shiniest device. Functionality is more important.

Exactly, people always talking about how Apple does & Samsung this.

My last 3 phones have been Samsung, my current phone is a Note & one of my girl phones are a Note.

They didn't put the top of line components in it, but want the top of line money for it.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Side note:
Has anyone used that DEX software app?
And do you have to buy a separate laptop to plug your phone in? Doesn't look like you do though
Did the Note 9 or Galaxy S10 have that same DEX program?

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

You can use Dex with the Note 8.

I have a 1080P monitor, speakers with sub, mouse and Keyboard with a usb 3.0 hub. I love using that shit at home.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Exactly, people always talking about how Apple does & Samsung this.

My last 3 phones have been Samsung, my current phone is a Note & one of my girl phones are a Note.

They didn't put the top of line components in it, but want the top of line money for it.

And there you have it. The apple strategy - treat consumers like idiots.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
S11 getting this...

https://www-gizchina-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gizchina.com/2019/08/10/snapdragon-865-beats-everyone-in-the-first-test-on-geekbench/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.gizchina.com/2019/08/10/snapdragon-865-beats-everyone-in-the-first-test-on-geekbench/

SNAPDRAGON 865 BEATS EVERYONE IN THE FIRST TEST ON GEEKBENCH
ABDULLAHAUGUST 10, 2019

play.svg

A little less than a month ago, Qualcomm announced the Snapdragon 855+, a revised and corrected version – or better to say overclocked – of the chip that animated almost all top-end smartphones of the first half of 2019. Many of the manufacturers will adopt it for the last devices of this year, but in 2020 the score will change and the new melody will respond to the name of Snapdragon 865.

However, the next-generation SoC seems to be already well underway in its development process. Given that an alleged first test concerning it has just leaked into the network. In fact, on Geekbench, the Snapdragon 865 has started to show what it is made of, regulating the entire current competition in multi-core, the result is an excellent score of 12946. Even the Apple A12 Bionic chip, so far a reference point in the mobile sector, has managed to put it in difficulty, remaining at almost 2 thousand points behind.

Join GizChina on Telegram
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 on Geekbench
Snapdragon-865-Geekbench-Kona.jpg

Different speech in single-core. With the 4160, Snapdragon 865 points are not sufficient to affect the record of A12 Bionic (4700 points). And not even to surpass the new Samsung Exynos 9825 (4,500 points). Which is integrated in the Galaxy Note 10 series. However, the new Qualcomm SoC has run on a prototype device, updated to Android Q, so it still has huge room for improvement in view of the future full hardware and software maturity.

Read Also: Assistant can now read/reply to WhatsApp messages

Finally, we close with a clarification on the word Kona, which you see appearing in the header of the benchmark. Qualcomm should, in fact, launch two versions of Snapdragon 865. The first, called Kona, will integrate the new 5G Snapdragon X55 modem. Expected as the true step of entry into the 5G era. While the second will be without it (ie it will have a classic LTE modem) and will be called Huracan.

Last edited:

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 7 wasnt a big push. I'm not buying a note. Im going for the for the fold.
How much ram did the note 5 have?
How much did the note 7 have?

Getting the Fold also. If it wasn't coming out next month I would have gotten the 10+. I like to upgrade phones every year but with something like the Fold if this time next year they don't come out with a Fold 2 then I can't see going back to a smaller screen.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont know. I've bought every new note day 1 since the note 4 edge. But this time im just not motivated to upgrade from the note 9. Thinking i'm just gonna pay it off and keep it.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
He has nothing but apple products on his wall. iPhones and iPads.

It's the truth

Android geeks have become like so called Apple fanboys....meanwhile Samsung is doing the same exact shit following behind Apple...and silence

No headphone jack...no removable battery....small incremental upgrades....high prices

Dudes don't know shit about other Android companies and phones...

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's the truth

Android geeks have become like so called Apple fanboys....meanwhile Samsung is doing the same exact shit following behind Apple...and silence

No headphone jack...no removable battery....small incremental upgrades....high prices

Dudes don't know shit about other Android companies and phones...
What about the Note10+?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They should have kept the headphone jack on the 10+ at least. I rocked with them when they dropped the ir blaster, adjusted when they cut the removable battery, said ok, I'll get over the curved screen...but the headphone jack....man fuck this bullshit at $1,200, and it doesn't even have the 855+, latest processor

prolific1

Star
Registered
I was initially pissed off about the headphones jack. Then I thought about it. When was the last time I even used a tethered headphone? I can't remembered. Tethered headphones honestly feel real primitive to me. So I had to to check myself for being fake mad, when I actually don't give a fuck about anything tethered.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was initially pissed off about the headphones jack. Then I thought about it. When was the last time I even used a tethered headphone? I can't remembered. Tethered headphones honestly feel real primitive to me. So I had to to check myself for being fake mad, when I actually don't give a fuck about anything tethered.

I actually like them for flights...but that's it. I'm over it too