Samsung Galaxy Note 10

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Note 7 was the last real Note...

The new Note 10 is a S10 with a stylus.

The Note used to pack more power, bigger screen, battery & had different functionality when it came to the skin.

It even looked different than the S series on the inside.

It actually loses out to the S10+

Samsung has fucked up!

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The Note used to pack more power, bigger screen, battery & had different functionality when it came to the skin.

Samsung has fucked up!
Bet money....
They will sell a ton of them...
The Note10 plus is everything you just described..

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

I stopped using wired

headphones/earbuds years ago.

Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

Yeah I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and always listen to music, I think I’ve used my headphone jack maybe 3 times in 5 years. The last time i tried to use them I ended up just taking off my headphones because the wire kept getting in the way

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Yeah I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and always listen to music, I think I’ve used my headphone jack maybe 3 times in 5 years. The last time i tried to use them I ended up just taking off my headphones because the wire kept getting in the way

Yes.

The gym is the reason I went

wireless close to a decade ago.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bet money....
They will sell a ton of them...
The Note10 plus is everything you just described..

I'm sure they will, I'm opting out again this year.

I'm sure people will jump to other phones as well...

But... That wasn't the point I was making

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor

Samsung has fucked up!

I have to agree with this.

The battery issue got them so shook they started dialing back everything. They panicked. Everybody I know that had one loved the Note 7. They still sell them in other parts of the world. Now we're just getting watered-down, safe mode products a la apple.

There is nothing about this phone that makes me want to run out and drop a stack. I don't need, need the stylus. It's nice to have but I'll either cop an S10+ when they come down further or wait for the Note 11 or S11.

Seems like the odd-numbered Notes are the best ones.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Samsung has fucked up!
as far as I know s10+ doesn't have multi window nor popups
If I'm not wrong I'm sure I can find other functions they do not share

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
as far as I know s10+ doesn't have multi window nor popups
If I'm not wrong I'm sure I can find other functions they do not share

Has multi-window, that pop up/video is screen recording..

We will see when the dust settles, I'm moving more to the Pixel XL, will be my first

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Has multi-window, that pop up/video is screen recording..

We will see when the dust settles, I'm moving more to the Pixel XL, will be my first
Youtube (premium) etc can popup video or play full vids in thumbnail sized windows
note series has multi window display (not simple split screen like the S) that can be configured to be pop up windows for email and text messages etc that can be minimized to stay on top icons - or used for real multi tasking in the same manner demonstrated in the Fold or cascaded like Windows / OSx

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have to agree with this.

The battery issue got them so shook they started dialing back everything. They panicked. Everybody I know that had one loved the Note 7. They still sell them in other parts of the world. Now we're just getting watered-down, safe mode products a la apple.

There is nothing about this phone that makes me want to run out and drop a stack. I don't need, need the stylus. It's nice to have but I'll either cop an S10+ when they come down further or wait for the Note 11 or S11.

Seems like the odd-numbered Notes are the best ones.
Note 11 will just be an upgraded note 10.... You should probably wait on the 12.
Just out of curiosity though, exactly when did you spend any time with a note 10?

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Youtube (premium) etc can popup video or play full vids in thumbnail sized windows
note series has multi window display (not simple split screen like the S) that can be configured to be pop up windows for email and text messages etc that can be minimized to stay on top icons - or used for real multi tasking in the same manner demonstrated in the Fold or cascaded like Windows / OSx

Don't need gimmicks... I get what you're saying, but it's not the same anymore. One editor from Android Police in his closing..

If you're having a bit of "that's it?" feeling after reading this, I'm right there with you. It's gotten to the point where Samsung's large S-line phone brings most of its annual innovation to the table. The Note increasingly feels like it's getting the scraps. Certainly, there are improvements, but they're decidedly incremental. Maybe I'll feel better after spending some real quality time with the Note10+—maybe it needs to be fully experienced to be understood. But right now, I see another (very expensive) big phone in a world increasingly filled with big phones. It's going to take more than a nip-and-tuck to stand out.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/08/08/galaxy-note10-hands-on-first-impressions/

Last edited:

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Don't need gimmicks... I get what you're saying, but it's not the same anymore. One editor from Android Police in his closing..

If you're having a bit of "that's it?" feeling after reading this, I'm right there with you. It's gotten to the point where Samsung's large S-line phone brings most of its annual innovation to the table. The Note increasingly feels like it's getting the scraps. Certainly, there are improvements, but they're decidedly incremental. Maybe I'll feel better after spending some real quality time with the Note10+—maybe it needs to be fully experienced to be understood. But right now, I see another (very expensive) big phone in a world increasingly filled with big phones. It's going to take more than a nip-and-tuck to stand out.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/08/08/galaxy-note10-hands-on-first-impressions/
Opinions are like assholes...
Does he have a note 10+?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Note 11 will just be an upgraded note 10.... You should probably wait on the 12.
Just out of curiosity though, exactly when did you spend any time with a note 10?
Nah, word is the 11 is suppose to be a major upgrade overall. I'm still getting the 10 I don't give a fuck. I'll get the 11 when that comes too

7nJb0p.jpg

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor

We don't know that yet.

I don't need to spend time with the Note 10 to know it isn't a significant upgrade over my 8. In fact, it doesn't have two things I like - the HP jack and a card slot. The cameras haven't been upgraded, the UI may have a tweaked algorithm but we all know that only lasts until individuals put their own apps and shit into the phone and it slows down. All in all, not worth a grand to me. I'll keep my phone until the OS no longer upgrades. I feel no need to have the latest phone.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We don't know that yet.

I don't need to spend time with the Note 10 to know it isn't a significant upgrade over my 8. In fact, it doesn't have two things I like - the HP jack and a card slot. The cameras haven't been upgraded, the UI may have a tweaked algorithm but we all know that only lasts until individuals put their own apps and shit into the phone and it slows down. All in all, not worth a grand to me. I'll keep my phone until the OS no longer upgrades. I feel no need to have the latest phone.
Could have just said this in the first place.

NOTE 10 PLUS
  • Screen: 6.8-inch, 3040 x 1440 pixels
  • RAM: 12GB
  • Storage: 256GB or 512GB UFS 3.0, microSD expansion
  • Battery: 4,300mAh
  • VGA depth-of-field camera
  • 45w fast charge capable.
  • :dunno:
  • Empty to full in an hour or under is a reasonable target for a 45W charger.

Last edited:

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Could have just said this in the first place.

NOTE 10 PLUS
  • Screen: 6.8-inch, 3040 x 1440 pixels
  • RAM: 12GB
  • Storage: 256GB or 512GB UFS 3.0, microSD expansion
  • Battery: 4,300mAh
  • VGA depth-of-field camera
  • 45w fast charge capable.
  • :dunno:
  • Empty to full in an hour or under is a reasonable target for a 45W charger.

So what's your point? None of those specs are a huge step forward. Just like I said. Not like Note used to be, and I've been using them since 2. After the 7 Samsung stopped pushing the boundaries on the Note series. Like I also said. You want a Note 10? Fine. Buy one. I won't spend your money and how about you don't spend mine?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:WHERE’S THE GODDAMN HEADPHONE JACK? WTF HOW TOU GONNA MAKE A PHONE WITHOUT A FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK? WTF NOOO HEADPHONE JACK? AND DON’T GIVE NE NO SHIT ABOUT AN ADAPTER. I HAVEN’T USED WIRED HEADPHONES IN YEARS AND I DON’T PLAN ON BUYING THIS PHONE. BUT IT SHOULD BE A CRIME AGAINST CONSUMERS TO NOT HAVE A FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK. WHERE’S THE GODDAMN HEADPHONE JACK?

AND WTF IS UP WITH THAT UGLY ASS NOTCH CUTOUT ON THE SCREEN? THAT HAS TO BE THE UGLIEST SHIT EVER. A FUCKING HOLE PUNCH CUTOUT ON THE SCREEN? HOW THE FUCK CAN I WATCH VIDEOS WITHOUT NOTICING THAT SHIT. A FUCKING ASYMMETRICAL CUTOUT ON MY SCREEN? OTHER COMPANIES WILL MAKE COMMERCIALS CLOWNING THIS BULLSHIT. THIS.SHIT.IS. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
Welp, at least you tried.
The phone has wired type c headphones in the box with noise cancelling technology.

galaxy-note10_design_package-none_cover-lte.jpg
:yes:

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So what's your point? None of those specs are a huge step forward. Just like I said. Not like Note used to be, and I've been using them since 2. After the 7 Samsung stopped pushing the boundaries on the Note series. Like I also said. You want a Note 10? Fine. Buy one. I won't spend your money and how about you don't spend mine?
The 7 wasnt a big push. I'm not buying a note. Im going for the for the fold.
How much ram did the note 5 have?
How much did the note 7 have?

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
Welp, at least you tried.

:yes:
STARTING @ 1400 dollars that the LEAST Samsung can do. The whole point was to expose the HYPOCRISY.... so now 2 years after Samsung was running dumbass commercials about the “notch”the screen cut out is OK too? What am I supposed to do about headphones that I already own? Just like the 1st Galaxy that debuted in 2010....Samsung is years behind in the game. You seem to be kinda of dense when it comes to this tech stuff so let me make it more simple for you....

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
The 7 wasnt a big push. I'm not buying a note. Im going for the for the fold.
How much ram did the note 5 have?
How much did the note 7 have?

Bench tests and specs mean little once people start customizing their phones. Maybe the Note 7 didn't seem like a big push, but in the hand it was tremendous. Ask anybody who had one.

The speed of the phone has always been fine to me. As I said, they all slow down once apps and other shit are added. If I want a blazing fast phone I'd just root mine. Done.

I'm with you on the Fold. The only reason I have the Note 8 is because they gave it to me to replace my 7. I looked at other brands and I still am looking but I'm used to the Samsung skin now. Huwai, Google Pixel look very nice. Wait...forget Huwai. All phones have spyware and backdoors but I don't want my shit going to china where cybercrime is a government-sponsored activity.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
STARTING @ 1400 dollars that the LEAST Samsung can do. The whole point was to expose the HYPOCRISY.... so now 2 years after Samsung was running dumbass commercials about the “notch”the screen cut out is OK too? What am I supposed to do about headphones that I already own? Just like the 1st Galaxy that debuted in 2010....Samsung is years behind in the game. You seem to be kinda of dense when it comes to this tech stuff so let me make it more simple for you....

hqdefault.jpg
Aren't you one the same dudes that cry and moan when Android users show up in Apple threads?

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

hqdefault.jpg
Them commercials hurt you deep didn't they player.....:giggle:
2 years later.....my guy still furious.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bench tests and specs mean little once people start customizing their phones. Maybe the Note 7 didn't seem like a big push, but in the hand it was tremendous. Ask anybody who had one.

The speed of the phone has always been fine to me. As I said, they all slow down once apps and other shit are added. If I want a blazing fast phone I'd just root mine. Done.

I'm with you on the Fold. The only reason I have the Note 8 is because they gave it to me to replace my 7. I looked at other brands and I still am looking but I'm used to the Samsung skin now. Huwai, Google Pixel look very nice. Wait...forget Huwai. All phones have spyware and backdoors but I don't want my shit going to china where cybercrime is a government-sponsored activity.

Just a suggestion, take a look at the Pixel 4...

They've always had the best camera in my book, software is great too!

Note 10 should've had a 90hz display & the 855+

They took away a key feature & didn't add anything!

You can tell the difference between 90 & 60hz on the phone.

Last edited:

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
Aren't you one the same dudes that cry and moan when Android users show up in Apple threads?
I’m a convert :hmm: Where’s the headphone jack? Where are the SD card slots? Where’s the damn flash app? Why are they putting notches in my screen? Why are they doing all this Apple shit?

Them commercials hurt you deep didn't they player.....:giggle:
2 years later.....my guy still furious.
Nah...witnessing the HYPOCRISY is entertaining .

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m a convert :hmm: Where’s the headphone jack? Where are the SD card slots? Where’s the damn flash app? Why are they putting notches in my screen? Why are they doing all this Apple shit?

Nah...witnessing the HYPOCRISY is entertaining .
Wierdo....let go.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Just a suggestion, take a look at the Pixel 4...

They've always had the best camera in my book, software is great too!

Note 10 should've had a 90hz display & the 855+

They took away a key feature & didn't add anything!

You can tell the difference between 90 & 60hz on the phone.

Yeah, that's one of the phones I'm looking at. The thing is, I don't need a new phone. And since mine is paid off, I'm actually saving money (for once). If the next generation Galaxy S or Note doesn't come with some major camera and other upgrades it's adios Samsung. You're right, they had the chance to make the Note 10 something special and they wet the bed. I feel like I'm listening to apple telling me what a great new phone it is when it's basically the same phone with some tweaks. Samsung is going to have to earn my dollars this time.

The speed doesn't really bother me for what I use it for. I do know you can tell the difference tho. But to me, it's not like dialup or something so I'm good.

Actually, the new tablet looks like what I may cop. In my business, it's now no longer important to be flossing the newest, shiniest device. Functionality is more important.