NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
NBA refs are venturing into MLB umpire territory.... acting as if we're watching them instead of the players on the court

That game last night was something else.
Yelled at his teammate and got ejected
but look up the records it set. I couldn't even finish the game--- not because of calls going either way, but because the game wasn't going 30 seconds without a whistle on either side
unwatchable

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Told yall 3 years ago who he was. Yall called me a old hater tho.

The Greek Harden. :smh: 90-94 Bills.

Are we done with the 'next big thing' hype yet?

Shaq's constant hating has actually made me less engaged with Inside the NBA as a whole. In fact the whole show just seems off this year. Kenny and Enrie are the only ones who seems interested in the actual games being played.

Chuck and his bullshit guarantees minus whale be officially sponsored by Draft Kings at this point. And Shaq never has anything nice to say. Not about the current players, their guest hosts, or even the other anchors.

I wouldn't be mad if the show retired Shaq and Chuck and brought in some blood.
Shaq the last one need to be talking to these players about what they could be. 20 years ago on the board, I call him the big sour dough. He straight ate himself out being goat. Because shaq was a fucking force. But no, wanted to rap, wanted to act, and most of fucking all...wanted to eat. :smh:

That's what drove kobe crazy. All the greatness shaq was willing to leave on the table but damn if he would leave any food on the table.

Had shaq took his conditioning and the game more seriously, it would have been :eek::eek:

power lord

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Shaq the last one need to be talking to these players about what they could be. 20 years ago on the board, I call him the big sour dough. He straight ate himself out being goat. Because shaq was a fucking force. But no, wanted to rap, wanted to act, and most of fucking all...wanted to eat. :smh:

That's what drove kobe crazy. All the greatness shaq was willing to leave on the table but damn if he would leave any food on the table.

Had shaq took his conditioning and the game more seriously, it would have been :eek::eek:
Yeah shaq became an all-time great with C effort

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member

I wouldnt mind shaq being a dick every now and then if he could take it
but when youre super sensitive as he is...nah you just cant say anything like that to these players
if it was reversed he'd have an emotional breakdown

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I think that's the biggest misunderstanding casual fans have with the Kobe/Shaq beef. Kobe never disliked playing with Shaq. He just wanted Shaq to take shit more seriously instead of depending on his natural size and strength advantages.

And like you said, had Shaq took his conditioning as seriously as Kobe, that shit would have been scary. The only thing that would have been able to stop the Lakers at that point would have been injuries.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think that's the biggest misunderstanding casual fans have with the Kobe/Shaq beef. Kobe never disliked playing with Shaq. He just wanted Shaq to take shit more seriously instead of depending on his natural size and strength advantages.

And like you said, had Shaq took his conditioning as seriously as Kobe, that shit would have been scary. The only thing that would have e been able to stop the Lakers at that point would have been injuries.

Yeah

There whole thing seemed to be that Shaq wanted respect because he was Shaq. Where as Kobe expected him to also lead by example. But because Shaq was so naturally gifted, he could goof off or play hard at times.

If Shaq had Kobe's mentality he would be getting Wilt numbers.

It's like how we say, man if I was 7 foot tall or 6'8, what I would do in the NBA.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
That game last night was something else.
Yelled at his teammate and got ejected
but look up the records it set. I couldn't even finish the game--- not because of calls going either way, but because the game wasn't going 30 seconds without a whistle on either side
unwatchable
Yeah I think I read something where the crew chief called 50+ fouls... shit was crazy I hate seeing games like that... it seems like every other day somebody come to this thread talking about officiating... and it's just as bad if not worse on twitter... the nba needs to fix that because refs aren't supposed to have this much of an impact on the game...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Dude is just :smh:

Like the shit he said about Rudy.

He's gotten a pass for the shit he says, because of Charles who takes all the bullets.

Shaq seems a lot more malicious

It's not like he played a long time ago and we don't remember his career

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yeah I think I read something where the crew chief called 50+ fouls... shit was crazy I hate seeing games like that... it seems like every other day somebody come to this thread talking about officiating... and it's just as bad if not worse on twitter... the nba needs to fix that because refs aren't supposed to have this much of an impact on the game...

It's bad because if you call it a certain way then it clearly favors a certain team.

Teams that run fluid offenses and teams that like to get a rhythm going---which independent of us is actually 98% of the NBA it ruins their efforts and pretty much handicaps them

meanwhile, teams that can only thrive when they feast on scraps and slowed paced so they don't get talented etc specifically like the knicks it favors them

I'd be happy with somewhere in the middle but it was clearly one way and that 50+ fouls stat was with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter lmao
50+ fucking fouls in 3 quarters

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@jack walsh13 thanks we needed a C
He's a very solid defender. Can get in foul trouble at times but is a supreme shot blocker. :yes:

fFjzPW.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Draymond Green technical when yelling at James Wiseman rescinded, source says
play
3:48 PM ET
Nick Friedell
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
The NBA has rescinded Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green's second technical foul from Thursday night's loss to the New York Knicks, a league source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

The quick reversal does not come as a surprise given that Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after the game that Ben Taylor, the game's crew chief, admitted at halftime that second-year official John Butler thought Green was yelling at him and made a mistake by giving the forward his second technical foul. Green was actually yelling at teammate James Wiseman for not being in what he thought was the right position on the floor, but Butler got confused and ejected the veteran forward.

Green, who picked up his first technical of the game with 4 minutes, 2 seconds left in the first quarter after arguing too long with the officials, received his second with 1:04 left in the second quarter after turning the ball over on a pass directed to Wiseman.

On his way back down the floor, Green's voice boomed through a near-empty Chase Center as he appeared to air out his frustration at the rookie. When the whistle was blown and Green was assessed his second technical, Kerr and several members of his staff tried to explain to the officiating crew that the ire was directed at the rookie center. Green pointed to Wiseman and tried to explain what had happened as Warriors guard Stephen Curry pleaded the case as well before Green ultimately left the floor.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Kerr: Officials admit Green ejection was mistake
But after listening to Green bark at various points throughout the night, hearing his frustration one more time caused Butler to mistakenly blow his whistle.

"At halftime Ben Taylor came out and told me that it was a mistake," Kerr said after the game. "That John Butler didn't realize that Draymond was yelling at his teammate. He thought he was yelling at him."

Speaking to a pool reporter after the game, Taylor said the technical was assessed for "profanity that was deemed to be directed at the official." Taylor said they did not consider rescinding the foul after hearing the team's explanation.

For his part, Green was surprised that the officials didn't overturn the call.

"I'm just a bit confused," Green told The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears. "Officials can meet and make a decision on any call throughout the game, but when it comes to a technical that was clearly the wrong call, due to an official assuming I was talking to him when in fact I wasn't, that can't be overturned? Maybe it's time to take a look at that rule. I would love clarity on why that's the rule, if in fact it is a rule."

Curry also wanted to know whether officials could review an ejection in the future under similar circumstances.

"It's pretty self-explanatory," Curry said of the questionable second technical. "He's been very vocal with James. I know he had already gotten a tech early in the game and obviously mindful of that, he was just talking to his teammate. The refs got confused. And I don't know what the rules are in that situation when it's pretty clear who he was talking to, and I don't know if you can take it back in the moment, but it was pretty glaring that he was talking to his own teammate and kind of unfortunate that it got confused, so move on."

Green has repeatedly praised Wiseman for the talent he has shown, but his propensity for getting upset at the rookie has been clear at times. The same kind of exchange happened after a Green turnover in Wednesday night's win over the San Antonio Spurs; Green yelled at Wiseman that he wasn't in the right position on the floor.

Wiseman acknowledged after Thursday's game that he "messed up on the play" that led to the Green turnover. Like many inside the Warriors' locker room, he was surprised Green was ejected.

"Really just because I was trying to get a post-up, but [Green] threw it too early," Wiseman said. "And just one of those moments where he was like 'Catch the ball!' or something like that. But that's all really. I don't understand the situation, like why the ref did that, but I guess it's basketball. ... That was a weird moment."

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I tried to tell some of these Cavs fans about Sexton....
He going to be hanging 30 on a playoff team and folks will still say :yawn: " Meh, he might be lucky to be a star in this league. He's too small!!!"

It's crazy to have a team with such a small backcourt, but loaded at the big position. But damn if this ain't a nice squad that just needs time to come together. Gilbert so stubborn and wants to win so bad that he will pay these cats. That's the good thing.