NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Gasol is done, he got a contract because he a big white dude. Gasol and Trez aren't an upgrade over Javelle an Howard to me. Hell, Howard did good as hell against the joker and it was a lot of times that he ran down the middle an sealed and did not get the pass, which would've been an easy 2 pts. Lakers should've kept Rondo an Howard.

An why did they resign the morris cat who thru the ball away in the finals :hmm:

Morris for the vet minimum?

and Javelle wasn't even playable in some series

and Horward and Javelle are capable of scoring 18 points a game?

Neither shoots as good as Marc and stretch the floor, much less passing

Giannis is a good (not great player). You can't be great without some semblance of a consistent jumper. Harden alluded to this a while back. LeBron had the same knock to a certain degree early in his career. While all his pussy ass fans were up in arms hearing the detractors LeBron took his ass to the gym and came back the next year shooting a helluva lot better. I'm not a huge fan of his but his "mindset" is built on piling up "Ws". If these borderline "great" players could figure THAT out they would actually BE great. Take all the rumors about Golden State. That team is founded on the premise of shooting. Can Giannis shoot well enough to be on that team and be as effective as he is in Milwaukee? I don't think so. There are better fits for him elsewhere. Hell, the Lakers are a better fit that GS in my opinion.

Far better than good.

And there have been a lot of great players without jumpers or who developed them late.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Timberwolves' Malik Beasley faces multiple charges after allegedly aiming a gun at a family outside his home
Beasley has been charged with drug possession and threats of violence

By Jack Maloney

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:17 pm ET1 min read

Getty Images
Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley is facing multiple charges of drug possession and threats of violence after an incident at his Minnesota home last month, according to police reports accessed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Both of those charges are felonies.
Early on Thursday afternoon, the Timberwolves released a statement which read, "We are aware of the charges involving Malik Beasley. We take these allegations seriously and will let the legal process run its course." Beasley's defense attorneys also made a statement, which read "we are cooperating with the law enforcement investigation and will carefully review the discovery in the coming days."
Per the complaint filed against Beasley, a family was stopped in an SUV outside his home, when he threatened them with a gun. When the police arrived, they found a large amount of marijuana in his home. Via the Star Tribune:

Beasley was arrested following the incident, but was released the same day. His girlfriend, Montana Yao, was also charged with a felony drug count.

The fourth-year guard was traded to the Timberwolves from the Denver Nuggets at the deadline last season. He is a restricted free agent this offseason.
Darn. :smh:

tiwEnw.jpg

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
Morris for the vet minimum?

and Javelle wasn't even playable in some series

and Horward and Javelle are capable of scoring 18 points a game?

Neither shoots as good as Marc and stretch the floor, much less passing

Far better than good.

And there have been a lot of great players without jumpers or who developed them late.
They got him for vet min, well that's good then. Must've been his brother contract I was thinking.
Marc ain't shooting shit, he just a big slow dude at this point. He ain't stretching shit, he prolly only shoot 3-4 times a game if that. He can pass though
Howard could easily avg 10-12pts if they give him the ball once he seals. That's good enough, and he's still athletic an his defense looked good in the playoffs.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Don't laugh. Woods game has come a long way and he's confident. Dude works hard. Maybe he is capable. We see a few guys every year step up and improve their games dramatically. He maybe that guy. Since he was with the Pistons last year no one payed attention to him. But I saw him. He game Embiid some work on the last game before the shutdown in Philly and I was impressed. Thats not easy to do. Let's see how it goes.

MPRID6.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
They got him for vet min, well that's good then. Must've been his brother contract I was thinking.
Marc ain't shooting shit, he just a big slow dude at this point. He ain't stretching shit, he prolly only shoot 3-4 times a game if that. He can pass though
Howard could easily avg 10-12pts if they give him the ball once he seals. That's good enough, and he's still athletic an his defense looked good in the playoffs.

Marc has been above a 35% three point shooter the past five years and was above 38% last year

and he is still a excellent defensive player

much less his passing

Howard could average 18?

And if Dwight is so desirable, why didn't Washington, Atlanta and Charlotte want him? Why is the only gig he could get was ten minutes behind a top three center?

Do you actually watch basketball?

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He got 2 rings without the Warriors? He "good" but at the end of the day so far he's shown he can only win when joining a 72 win team. Now he ran out East with Kyrie...let's see what he do out there.
I dont remember one player winning a ring without a great team and/or great players around them. So all that joining a 72 win team is just fan fodder. And I personally dont think hes gonna win with Kyrie. But KD resume speaks for itself.....

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Marc has been above a 35% three point shooter the past five years and was above 38% last year

much less his passing

Howard could average 18?

And if Dwight is so desirable, why didn't Washington, Atlanta and Charlotte want him? Why is the only gig he could get was ten minutes behind a top three center?

I think Lakers shoulda have kept Dwight. He was great against Denver. Hes also still an elite athlete and they will miss that aspect of what he brought defensively. Gasol will be useless against small teams.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't laugh. Woods game has come a long way and he's confident. Dude works hard. Maybe he is capable. We see a few guys every year step up and improve their games dramatically. He maybe that guy. Since he was with the Pistons last year no one payed attention to him. But I saw him. He game Embiid some work on the last game before the shutdown in Philly and I was impressed. Thats not easy to do. Let's see how it goes.

MPRID6.jpg

Playing in the pick and roll with Harden alone will make him put up good numbers. Capela got paid thanks to Harden.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered

much less his passing

Howard could average 18?

He take 3 threes a game an hit 1. I ain't impressed with that. How is he an excellent defensive player as you call it. I can tell you just got that shit from a headline cause his foot speed is nonexistent. He makes the Joker look like fast.
I said Howard can avg 10-12 earlier... got to read dude.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
Man....in today’s game Giannis is as dominate as Shaq. Let’s not play. The reason why people want Giannis to get a jumper is because people want him to be something he’s not. His dominance comes from attacking the rack and defense. He ain’t this Kevin Durant people want him to be. Surround him around shooters and a legit star and he gonna work. He need to come to Dallas KP and Luka will work for him....

Shaq had his weaknesses and so does Giannis. Back off and make him take a jumper. Game over.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They'll use Morris, Montrez or AD against those teams :dunno:

Howard had those same problems against Houston and Miami.
Morris and Montrez are NOT rim protectors. And neither are the athletic defensive presence that is Dwight. You dont want AD brittle ass playing that role more than you have too either. Look man, its ok to say they will miss Dwight. Rob letting him walk over 400k is malpractice and further shows how incompetent he is.

Gasol was good 4 years ago, he barely can move. He ain't no excellent defender no more :smh: They trying to hype him like this 2016
Yup. And he was overrated then too. Gave the cac DPOY when he didnt even make all defense 1st team.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Jokic slow as shit. HE ain't gonna gonna be a problem for the Lakers...let him get his 22-25 points...still ain't gonna be enough by himself.

Name them....who Jokic? KP? Nurkic? They ain't gonna kill you in the interior like prime Shaq, David Robinson, Olajuwon, etc.........these jump shooting big men.

IF they choose to not Dominate the paint then ok BUT let's not act like Jokic didn't show he can downright bully AD in the paint. Hell Dwight the only big that stood up to Joker. That was a good move by the Lakers coach but now Dwight gone.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Danny Ainge is a horrible fucking GM. He held out for an additional 1st round pick for a 30 year old injury prone white American max player who averaged 13 points during his stint in Boston? Wtf!?
I have a feeling that fucked over Miami too.
I think they might have been in on that deal trying to get Oladipo because that night one of the local reporters said the heat were working on a big trade with 3 teams involved and then nothing came to fruition.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont remember one player winning a ring without a great team and/or great players around them. So all that joining a 72 win team is just fan fodder. And I personally dont think hes gonna win with Kyrie. But KD resume speaks for itself.....
Its fan fodder? He joined the best team in the league what you talking about? Come on man I aint' one of these guys that knocks him for decision he did what's best for him but its a big ass difference between playing with Russell Westbrook and playing with the Warriors. Let's don't kid ourselves. The Warriors didn't need him to win a ring. He joined a dynasty.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shaq had his weaknesses and so does Giannis. Back off and make him take a jumper. Game over.
I agree and that's why he gotta jump ship. Go to a team where you can't back off and let him take a jumper...........Bucks are just too dependent on him and his skillset ain't what it needs to be to overcome it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IF they choose to not Dominate the paint then ok BUT let's not act like Jokic didn't show he can downright bully AD in the paint. Hell Dwight the only big that stood up to Joker. That was a good move by the Lakers coach but now Dwight gone.
Yeah but what Jokic gonna do? Go off for 50? Let him get his....where Jokic becomes deadly is when he's scoring and getting others involved as well.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a feeling that fucked over Miami too.
I think they might have been in on that deal trying to get Oladipo because that night one of the local reporters said the heat were working on a big trade with 3 teams involved and then nothing came to fruition.
Had y'all traded for that hurt muthafucka it probably would've hurt your team.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its fan fodder? He joined the best team in the league what you talking about? Come on man I aint' one of these guys that knocks him for decision he did what's best for him but its a big ass difference between playing with Russell Westbrook and playing with the Warriors. Let's don't kid ourselves. The Warriors didn't need him to win a ring. He joined a dynasty.
Doesn't matter what team he join, it doesn't change his impact on the game. And yes he join the best team and they got tremendously better because of him. They were great before him. They became historically great because of him. They became unbeatable because of him. So again all that rhetoric doesnt change anything about KD legacy....

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
Skip prays daily that KD can dethrone Lebron with the help of Kyrie. Kyrie, out of bitterness is basically saying Bron and Durant are interchangeable when he’s in the lineup. I don’t see it happening.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doesn't matter what team he join, it doesn't change his impact on the game. And yes he join the best team and they got tremendously better because of him. They were great before him. They became historically great because of him. They became unbeatable because of him. So again all that rhetoric doesnt change anything about KD legacy....

They didn't get tremendously better they won more games without him then with him. :lol: Revisionist history is a muthafucka.......

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Skip prays daily that KD can dethrone Lebron with the help of Kyrie. Kyrie, out of bitterness is basically saying Bron and Durant are interchangeable when he’s in the lineup. I don’t see it happening.
I don't see it either.....I ain't gonna pretend like I'm Lebron biggest fan but he's mastered how to be the professional NBA player. He essentially runs his own damn team, he got the cheat code on how to state relatively healthy......KD ain't mastered none of this shit yet as he's heading into his 30's.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They didn't get tremendously better they won more games without him then with him. :lol: Revisionist history is a muthafucka.......
U looking at regular season wins and not the playoffs :hmm: bro stop while your ahead. They had some historical ridiculous numbers when the games mattered. The team before him doesn't compare. I don't really care to post the numbers...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
U looking at regular season wins and not the playoffs :hmm: bro stop while your ahead. They had some historical ridiculous numbers when the games mattered. The team before him doesn't compare. I don't really care to post the numbers...
I'm looking at REGULAR SEASON AND PLAYOFFS....we excluded regular season now lol?

And you don't have to post the numbers fact is they won 73 games without him. Of course they got better without him they replaced Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant....why the hell wouldn't they get better? They didn't need him to win a ring though is my argument. He proved he couldn't beat them and they took him not to the Finals and got him rings not the other way around lol.

I like how we completely ignore what he did in OKC though lol......I guess his legacy wasn't around then lol.