NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Funny thing about all these rumors like 99% of them never come true....
I see i see, but reports came out he didn't want to go to LA. I just thought that was odd.

Rumors and reports are the samething and 99% of the time the analysts are making it up hoping it comes true. I’ve seen too to many of these analysts say “their sources said/rumors are/people are saying/its been reported” on a topic and for one another analysts will say their sources/reports/rumors said the complete opposite of the other and two neither one of them be right. They just make up shit hoping it’ll come true, if it does they pat themselves on the back claiming “I told you so” and if it doesn’t they act like they never said it and then just make up saying about another topic hoping that one comes through :lol: :hithead:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

wtf? I thought they were waiting to have even more cap room

Bam said F*CK that sh*t

PAY ME!

WOW

sidebar this is VERY inserting

word was they were getting all the Miami heat mob to get Bam to play good solider and WAIT for the payday

crazy cause even these white NBA stat nerds were like Bam get that money its a pandemic

is Riley losing influence?

cause REMEMBER this was one of the FEW bad things Bron said about Riley and Arison

that even Heat fans agreed with

these owners be getting stingy with the money crying luxury tax

when its convenient.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can't really count the time when they were competitive cuz free agency wasn't anywhere near what it is now but it was a potential option for players back around the time when LBJ left to go to Miami. STAT signing was a major player coding NY & Melo wanting to be traded there as well was a major player choosing NY though I think STAT signed for the ridiculous contract & Melo liked the idea of coming home
A few brief moments NY was the spot probably not since Riley...

That alan Houston chis childs larry johnson eras

We had a lot of money

There was a whole of promise

Even the Melo time kinda

But you right i knew during the Amare
signing Knicks lost it, just not a viable option anymore

I think someone is going to write a very detailed piece on this soon. Shocked it hasn't been done already

I'm thinking the Zeke era was the death knell?

I remember when Durant said no one wants to play in ny Knicks fans were furious...

But as we see now its true

I cannot dismiss Lebron influence

After that posse stuff from Phil Jackson?

It was like a curse on the garden.

The fact that it is this hard to pinpoint?

Is pathetic.

Dolonavirus been destroying this franchise infected with incompetence

The history of the New York Knicks' free agent signings
The Knicks have cleared enough salary cap space to sign two max contracts this offseason. Will this be the summer they finally succeed in bringing in top tier players?
By Kyle Irving

• url copied to clipboard
The Knicks missed on LeBron James in the Summer of 2010 but ended up with Amar'e Stoudemire [nba.com illustrations]
The New York Knicks sent shockwaves around the NBA last week when they traded Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks.
The deal that sent the young Latvian star to Dallas helped free their books of Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee's contracts, further proving their desire to sign not one, but two big names this offseason.
MORE: How does Porzingis fit with the Mavs?
This isn't the first time the Knicks have cleared cap space in an effort to bring superstars to The Mecca, though they have yet to be successful in their endeavours.
Knicks fans probably still have nightmares of the Summer of 2010. The Summers of 2015 and 2016 weren't ones to write home about either.
It has been 20 years since the Knicks last appeared in the NBA Finals in 1999. The laundry list of trades and free agency signings since that season is less than ideal for a big market NBA team.
With viewer discretion, that list can be found at the bottom of this article.
But with that being said, let's focus on the Knicks' biggest misses in the free agency market as well as trades and signings that did not work out.

knicks-020819-ftr-gettyjpg_128otb9yulivp1u5z1su2efdns.jpg

In 2001, New York signed sharpshooter Allan Houston to a six-year, $100 million deal after back-to-back All-Star seasons. Houston found personal success with the Knicks but never played in another playoff game (or All-Star Game) after inking his big contract.
In 2002, they sent Marcus Camby and the draft rights to Nene, who would later put together a solid NBA career, to the Denver Nuggets for Antonio McDyess.
McDyess was already coming off of an injury that caused him to miss the entire season prior when the Knicks chose to trade for him. He then re-hurt himself in a preseason game and only played in 18 games for the Knicks before they moved him again.
Fast forward to 2005 when their major offseason signing was Jerome James to a five-year, $30 million deal. James' best season in the NBA before that contract was averaging 5.4 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. In his four seasons in New York, he never played more than 9.0 minutes per game, averaging 2.5 points and 1.8 rebounds.
The Knicks went four offseasons without any crippling signings or trades, leading up to...
The Summer of 2010

james-bosh-wade_ra4g893v2ec9zblqqre1jnb4.jpg

The Knicks went into the 2010 offseason with hopes of signing some combination of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh or Joe Johnson.
They traded for Amar'e Stoudemire but failed to pair him with any of the aforementioned free agents.
As we all know, James, Wade and Bosh decided to team up in Miami, leading to two NBA championships. As for Johnson, he re-signed a huge deal with the Atlanta Hawks.
The Knicks filled the voids in their roster with a three-year, $25 million deal for Raymond Felton and a three-year, $9 million deal for Timofey Mozgov.
The following offseason, they signed veteran Jason Kidd to a three-year, $9 million deal after he helped lead the Mavericks to an NBA title. Kidd played one year on that contract before retiring.
The Knicks signed J.R. Smith to a four-year, $24.7 million deal in 2014 then signed Carmelo Anthony to a five-year, $124 million deal in an effort to build a Big 3 of their own in one of the following two offseasons.
Back-to-back offseason misses
That brings us to the 2015 offseason, where New York had their eyes set on three free agent big men to pair alongside Melo. They extended offers to DeAndre Jordan, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Monroe but went 0-for-3.
What did they end up with? Robin Lopez for three years, $60 million.
One offseason later, in 2016, when they couldn't get a meeting with their top free agent target Kevin Durant, they dispersed that money over three free agents.
They signed Courtney Lee (four-year, $48m), Lance Thomas (four-year, $25m) and Joakim Noah (four-year, $72m) while also trading Lopez, among others, for Derrick Rose.
So while the Knicks do have two max-contract slots available this offseason, only time will tell what they will end up doing with that money.
With Durant and Kyrie Irving in their sights, it will be intriguing to see if they will be successful in signing both of them or continue their streak of offseason misses.
All Knicks' offseason transactions from 1999-2019
All transactions were found via ProSportsTransactions.
1999 offseason
Signed
John Wallace - 3 years, $6.6 million
Latrell Sprewell - 5 years, $61.9 million extension
2000 offseason
Signed
Kurt Thomas - 3 years, $13 million
Traded
John Wallace and Donnell Harvey for Erick Strickland and Pete Mickeal
2001 offseason
Signed
Clarence Weatherspoon - 5 years, $27.5 million
Allan Houston - 6 years, $100 million
2002 offseason
Traded
Marcus Camby, Mark Jackson and rights to Nene to the Denver Nuggets for Antonio McDyess, the rights to Frank Williams and a second round pick
Signed
Frank Williams - 3 years, $2.7 million
Michael Doleac - 2 years, $3 million
2003 offseason
Traded
Latrell Sprewell for Keith Van Horn
Signed
Dikembe Mutombo - 2 years, $8.5 million
2004 offseason
Signed
Vin Baker - 2 years, $7.35 million
Traded
Othella Harrington, Frank Williams, Dikembe Mutombo and Cezary Trybanski for Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams
2005 offseason
Traded
Kurt Thomas and Dijon Thompson for Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson
Signed
Jerome James - 5 years, $30 million
2006 offseason
Signed
Jared Jeffries - 5 years, $30 million
2007 offseason
Traded
Steve Francis, Channing Frye and a second round pick to the Portland Trail Blazers for Zach Randolph, Fred Jones, Dan Dickau and Demetris Nichols
Sent cash to the Los Angeles Clippers for Jared Jordan
2008 offseason
Traded
Renaldo Balkman and cash to the Denver Nuggets for Taurean Green, Bobby Jones and a second round pick
Sent Frederic Weis to the Houston Rockets for Patrick Ewing Jr.
2009 offseason
Traded
Quentin Richardson and cash to the Memphis Grizzlies for Darko Milicic
Sent a second-round draft pick and cash to the Los Angeles Lakers for Toney Douglas
Re-signed
David Lee - 1 year, $7.5 million
Nate Robinson - 1 year, $4 million
2010 offseason
Traded
Cash to the Milwaukee Bucks for Jerome Jordan
Sent a second round pick and a $16.5 million trade exception to the Phoenix Suns for Amar'e Stoudemire
Sent David Lee to the Golden State Warriors for Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and two second-round picks
Signed
David Lee - 6 years, $80 million (then traded)
Raymond Felton - 3 years, $25 million
Timofey Mozgov - 3 years, $9 million
Roger Mason Jr. - 1 year, $1.4 million
2011 offseason
Nothing
2012 offseason
Signed
J.R. Smith - 2 years, veteran minimum
James White - 1 year, minimum
Jason Kidd - 3 years, $9 million
Steve Novak - 4 years, $15 million
Pablo Prigioni - 1 year, veteran minimum
Ronnie Brewer - 1 year, veteran minimum
Traded
Tony Douglas, Jerome Jordan, Josh Harrellson and two second-round picks to the Denver Nuggets for Marcus Camby
Sent Jared Jeffries, Dan Gadzuric, Kostas Papanikolaou, Giorgos Printezis, a second-round pick and cash to the Portland Trail Blazers for Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas
2013 offseason
Signed
Pablo Prigioni - 3 years, $4.5 million
J.R. Smith - 4 years, $24.7 million
Metta World Peace - 2 years, $3.2 million
Kenyon Martin - 1 year, veteran minimum
Traded
Steve Novak, Marcus Camby, Quentin Richardson and two second-round picks to the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani
2014 offseason
Traded
Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert and two second rounders
Sent Wayne Ellington, Jeremy Tyler and second rounder for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw
Signed
Carmelo Anthony - 5 years, $124 million
Jason Smith - 1 year, $3.3 million
2015 offseason
Traded
Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Atlanta Hawks for Jerian Grant
Sent a second round pick and cash to the Orlando Magic for Kyle O'Quinn and a second round pick
Signed
Aaron Afflalo - 2 years, $16 million
Derrick Williams - 2 years, $10 million
Robin Lopez - 3 years, $60 million
Kevin Seraphin - 1 year, $2.8 million
2016 offseason
Traded
Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, Jose Calderon to Chicago Bulls for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a second-round pick
Signed
Marshall Plumlee - 1 year, minimum
Brandon Jennings - 1 year, $5 million
Courtney Lee - 4 years, $48 million
Joakim Noah - 4 years, $72 million
Lance Thomas - 4 years, $25 million
Ron Baker - 1 year, minimum
2017 offseason
Signed
Luke Kornet - 1 year, minimum
Tim Hardaway Jr. - 4 years, $71 million
Ramon Sessions - 1 year, $3.2 million
Traded
Second-round pick and cash to the Sacramento Kings for general manager Scott Perry
2018 offseason
Signed
Mario Henzonja - 1 year, $1.6 million
Noah Vonleh - 1 year, $1.6 million

giphy.gif
Good info. Most NY free agent signings are mid to lower level guys. Only one was big was stat but that never panned out. I just think the media pushes this destination thing but it hasn't really been the case. Just like they use to push it fot LA as well; and that was also bullshit until LBJ got there. But i feel ya...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wtf? I thought they were waiting to have even more cap room

Bam said F*CK that sh*t

PAY ME!

WOW

sidebar this is VERY inserting

word was they were getting all the Miami heat mob to get Bam to play good solider and WAIT for the payday

crazy cause even these white NBA stat nerds were like Bam get that money its a pandemic

is Riley losing influence?

cause REMEMBER this was one of the FEW bad things Bron said about Riley and Arison

that even Heat fans agreed with

these owners be getting stingy with the money crying luxury tax

when its convenient.
They were only waiting just to see what Giannis would do. But the thing is if a player wants to go to a team it doesn't matter the cap space. Trust a deal will get done if that team wants that player....

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I keep hearing that and I'm unsure. Harrell and Gasol were two of the worst big man defenders in the league right now. One is too slow and the other undersized. Atleast McGee and Howard were able bodied and mobile enough for the big man. Don't let them see a Young Ayton in the playoffs. They will be in trouble
There really ain't no big men in the playoffs that's gonna be nightmares for them though. Let's remember they still got Lebron and AD. I also saw them use Markeiff Morris at the 5 at times.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They were only waiting just to see what Giannis would do. But the thing is if a player wants to go to a team it doesn't matter the cap space. Trust a deal will get done if that team wants that player....

I forget the specific benefit the team would have if Bam had waitied

but your 100% correct.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They would've have been able to straight up sign both. Now they have to do sign an trade most likely.
But it's still doable.

so question..

could OLD Pat Riley pull Bam aside and convince him to wait on a handshake

or have those days in the LEAGUE been finished

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There really ain't no big men in the playoffs that's gonna be nightmares for them though. Let's remember they still got Lebron and AD. I also saw them use Markeiff Morris at the 5 at times.

:confused:

Jokic was killing Harrell
Put Gasol in p&r with those guards out west:itsawrap:

Morris got killed on the boards at 5

AD could man the 5 but he hates doing it for long periods

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so question..

could OLD Pat Riley pull Bam aside and convince him to wait on a handshake

or have those days in the LEAGUE been finished
If he approached him with that “offer” it sends a message of another player who hasn’t logged a minute for your team being more important than one whose play was vital in the success they had this year

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Rumors and reports are the samething and 99% of the time the analysts are making it up hoping it comes true. I’ve seen too to many of these analysts say “their sources said/rumors are/people are saying/its been reported” on a topic and for one another analysts will say their sources/reports/rumors said the complete opposite of the other and two neither one of them be right. They just make up shit hoping it’ll come true, if it does they pat themselves on the back claiming “I told you so” and if it doesn’t they act like they never said it and then just make up saying about another topic hoping that one comes through :lol: :hithead:

POST OF THE MONTH CANDIDATE

:cheers:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Knicks are in the same boat the Clippers were in with Sterling. Until the ownership changes hands serious players won't consider it a desirable location.

The best thing that could happen in New York is TMZ getting a hold of a tape of Dolan sexually harassing a employee or dropping a couple N bombs. And I mean, just look at old grumpy CAC
james-dolan.jpg

There is NO way he hasn't said the N word at least once. TMZ fucking up.
Yeah soon as they get rid of him you will see the Knicks come back....but in a league where all the superstars are friends and shit? They know not to go there.
Serious question? When have the knicks ever been a desirable destination?

Perception is reality

NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY here?

I don;t know why specifically

but it isn't because there are not a TON of reasons.

When you see where and WHAT these middle line players are getting and going?

IT HAS TO BE PERSONAL.

we always BEGGING

LYny.gif

and it always ends up

giphy.gif

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:confused:

Jokic was killing Harrell
Put Gasol in p&r with those guards out west:itsawrap:

Morris got killed on the boards at 5

AD could man the 5 but he hates doing it for long periods

Jokic slow as shit. HE ain't gonna gonna be a problem for the Lakers...let him get his 22-25 points...still ain't gonna be enough by himself.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Perception is reality

NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY here?

I don;t know why specifically

but it isn't because there are not a TON of reasons.

When you see where and WHAT these middle line players are getting and going?

IT HAS TO BE PERSONAL.

we always BEGGING

LYny.gif

and it always ends up

giphy.gif
Its the owner. Just like in Phoenix. It always starts with these stupid ass owners....

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Glad the cac media finally admitting that Wade got fucked. The BGOL coon squad told me it was Bron fault.

It was Bron fault. He made D Wade and his agent opt out then he forced Riles not to pay him and pay Whiteside instead. White racism dont exist in the NBA. :lol: