Mayweather vs. Mosley-Who Wins?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fam, we share a lot of the same views but there is no way in hell there is any validity to any of Manny's statements concerning Steroids?!?!?! He is feeling the heat now, I guess because now that Shane has said 'Fuck IT! Test me!' he is looking a LOT more suspect with his resistance. That's one of the biggest ploys in the world, when you've run out of reasons and excuses, play stupid!!! :lol::lol:

I just pulled this one last week on my wife so I know that's the truth.
To me, it's never been about liking Floyd or disliking Manny just not seeing how Manny's excuses sound to real world ears. I said, and agreed with anyone that said, Floyd was bullshitting and trying to fuck with Manny with this (he probably has real concerns but that wasn't the primary issue)but he couldn't have thought dude wouldn't agree to testing and would not fight.

I love to play the devils advocate with these matters too, but I couldn't even co-sign with Manny on this!!! I for damn sure call bullshit, in Engish, Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol or whatever the fuck language he speaks!!! Bullshit is Bullshit!!! This is Bullshit!!! :lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't going at Merce... but Zef has to stop the bullshit. Buk had the decency to disappear, but this nigga is stretching the fabric of reality with this shit. First of all, I know niggas who can only speak broken english and they would be able to explain that phrase with no problem in their native tongue and in the most broken up English you would ever hear. The nigga isn't explaining the chemical foundation of any PED, he is simply explaining whatever or not he's fuck with them. If the nigga is getting tripped up on that he shouldn't be speaking period. Also I can't believe for one second that after all the bullshit with this situation that Manny's team would not step in if there was a misunderstanding about what he was trying to say. The whole team is trying to play innocent in this matter and the motherfuckers is buying the shit like it's Bush saying we need to go to Iraq. In this analogy Roach and Arum are Cheney and Rove... these niggas know way more than they are letting on.

Zef acts like this is Manny's first interview in English. It's not even the first interview on this subject. It's been Topic 1 since December and he's still bumbling around for at least decent sounding reasons.
I was giving Roach the benefit of the doubt since he and Manny only really seem to get together for training and maybe he didn't know but the more he talks, the more he looks like he's involved in hiding something.
Arum's just trash. Dude was openly defending Margarito after they found the illegal handwraps. Boxing will be better off once Arum and his ilk have gotten out of the business.

The only time a nigga will act like he doesn't know anything including the concept of the topic at hand is either hiding something or an idiot. I refuse the idea that nigga is an idiot because when he talks in English he doesn't come off that way unless he is talking about this issue. Also, after all this shit going down you mean to tell me that if you been accused of something for months that you didn't understand that you would not pick up a newspaper, a book, google it or even ask a motherfucker to get caught up on the issue.....:lol::lol::lol:

Say it again for the non-believers.

:

Exactly fam. Dude is far from dumb. Not having a formal education and being an idiot are 2 very different things. Manny is actually a smart guy but dude comes off like he has an extra chromosome whenever the whole PED issue comes up.

:lol::lol:

Off-topic, snowed in and my girl's giving me the evil eye, time to log off, I'll be back later. But I was thinking about making a "greatest robberies in boxing" thread. Can you guys give me an idea of some fights I should post up? I just finished uploading Whitaker/Chavez.

Don't let talking to us get you in trouble at home. We're cool and all but you can't come stay with me:D. You'd have to log on from the library or something.

DLH vs. Felix Sturm. Just a horrible, horrible rip off, of a fight and a decision. I was already rooting for Bernard to beat Oscar but when I saw that, I hoped he knocked him out.

You may have to differentiate between close fights that could go either way and a true robbery. I see Hopkins/Taylor I mentioned but that was more a close fight than a robbery where B-Hop came on strong late after giving away the first half of the fight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Casamayor vs. Corrales

Mayweather vs. Castillo I (I know I do a lot of defending of Floyd, but I saw the fight 20 times and Castillo would not let Floyd get his shit of like he normally does)

Toney vs Peter I is one of the worst robberies in modern boxing history:smh: Peter didn't win a round in my opinion.

I can't think any more right now.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Can you guys give me an idea of some fights I should post up? I just finished uploading Whitaker/Chavez.

since we are talking about professional fights so we can throw out the Jones Olympic gold medal fight, what fight can actually be a bigger robbery than this. Robbery suggest a clear cut winner that was robbed so a lot of fights are thrown out like DLH vs Trinidad (that although i though DLH won the fight..he did himself a real disservice by running the last 3 rounds so he almost deserved the shit)... but how many rounds can you actually give to Chavez.. maybe 2 if that :confused:

Sweat Pea was on the wrong end of a few robberies but you can argue that Chavez-Whitaker was the biggest robbery all of all-time..he beat Chavez into a fucking stew the ENTIRE fight and walked away with a fucking draw :smh::smh::smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Don't let talking to us get you in trouble at home. We're cool and all but you can't come stay with me:D. You'd have to log on from the library or something.

DLH vs. Felix Sturm. Just a horrible, horrible rip off, of a fight and a decision. I was already rooting for Bernard to beat Oscar but when I saw that, I hoped he knocked him out.

You may have to differentiate between close fights that could go either way and a true robbery. I see Hopkins/Taylor I mentioned but that was more a close fight than a robbery where B-Hop came on strong late after giving away the first half of the fight.

:lol::lol: I definitely agree with the ODH/Sturm fight, it was a disgusting rip off. And thanks for clarifying on the close fight/robbery difference, I'm with you. Some of the first few fights I selected were really clear cut though.

Casamayor vs. Corrales

Mayweather vs. Castillo I (I know I do a lot of defending of Floyd, but I saw the fight 20 times and Castillo would not let Floyd get his shit of like he normally does)

Toney vs Peter I is one of the worst robberies in modern boxing history:smh: Peter didn't win a round in my opinion.

I can't think any more right now.

Forgot about Toney vs Peter, what about Toney vs Griffin 1&2? Just horrible. I think Larry Merchant had that first fight scored 9-3 and Griffin gets the nod in his hometown. Not even a close fight.

since we are talking about professional fights so we can throw out the Jones Olympic gold medal fight, what fight can actually be a bigger robbery than this. Robbery suggest a clear cut winner that was robbed so a lot of fights are thrown out like DLH vs Trinidad (that although i though DLH won the fight..he did himself a real disservice by running the last 3 rounds so he almost deserved the shit)... but how many rounds can you actually give to Chavez.. maybe 2 if that :confused:

Sweat Pea was on the wrong end of a few robberies but you can argue that Chavez-Whitaker was the biggest robbery all of all-time..he beat Chavez into a fucking stew the ENTIRE fight and walked away with a fucking draw :smh::smh::smh:

Very true, even Mexicans were booing that shit. Whitaker/Ramirez 1 was right behind this fight though. I watched that fight just now and had Whitaker winning 10 rounds to 2.:smh: But the significance of the Whitaker/Chavez match was huge. At the time, P and J.C. were considered the 2 best fighters in the world. The fight was to determine who would be number one. It would be like Floyd and Manny fighting today, Floyd giving a clinic and getting robbed. Anyone who watched that fight knew Sweet Pea deserved the win that night. I'll pu it this way, I'd never seen Pernell lose a fight until he fought Trinidad and that was well after age and drugs had done him in. Even still, you could see the kind of lesson a young Pea would have given Tito.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
: I'll pu it this way, I'd never seen Pernell lose a fight until he fought Trinidad and that was well after age and drugs had done him in..

Exactly... sometimes people call robberies that arent really robberies because their favorite fighter loses a close fight that really could have gone either way. Pernell was literally robbed 3 times... even his opponents know they lost those fights..they werent even close :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Funeka vs. Guzman...this shit almost made me stop watching boxing!!!:smh:

Watched this fight with my dad and grandad at their crib.:lol: I laugh simply remembering how :angry: they were at that decision. "This is what's kiling boxing!!!", my grandad cursing the shit out of the judges. Caught them watching UFC a few times since then.:lol: It really was horribly disgusting though. Guzman showed mad heart but I had Funeka winning every round after the third.:smh:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol::lol::lol: I was wrong they came from another bullshit angle. Now this is a big leap of faith my dude. Not only is Zef assuming that it wasn't said in English and that the translation may be different(based on the differences of another language), but he is also assuming that a translator wouldn't clarify what was meant by the phrase and also that Manny's own English is so bad that he would not tell the difference between the two meaning of the phrase.

Man, you are just straight up stupid and ignorant and it takes a lot for me to just break down and call someone that but you definitely fit the description. I was never saying that Pac didn´t say what he said in English. I'm not even talking about translators. I'm talking about something that you obviously COMPLETELY misunderstood and failed to grasp because you probably only speak one language.

What I am talking about is how when a person doesn't speak English as a first language, they translate IN THEIR HEAD from their language into the best English they know how. What comes out of their mouths is often in English words but pieced together in the way that the person would say it in their language. If you still can't get it, then you go to an ESL teacher and asked them. You act like an ignorant fucking little kid with your comments. You don't know shit about life and you know even less about boxing.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Actually the literal translation of that isn't "I dont know what steroids are" - it's "I don't know anything about steroids."
What he said is in quotes as "I don't even know what a steroid is. I don't have any idea what that is." Plus you're assuming he was speaking Tagalog when he gave the interview which I would tend to agree, but it's still an assumption. If what he's quoted as saying is literally what he said, then I have to assume the rest of his statements concerning PED's and steroids was bullshit.

I think you missed my point just like Alaskan did but you came at me different so I will treat you differently.

I was humbly giving my opinion as a bilingual person that knows what it is to go through translating something in your head from your native language and then attempting to say it in a language foreign to you. One of the most common problems is that a person in this situation translates as if they were speaking their own language.

I was not assuming that Pac was speaking Tagalog. I was reasonably assuming that Pac was thinking in Tagalog, his native language, and translating into English.

I mentioned that I don't know Tagalog but that if the same questions were asked of a Spanish speaking person, the answer might come out the same just because of our style of speaking.

The average Spanish speaker would say "Yo no se nada de esteroides, yo no se que es eso" which literally translates into "I don't know anything about steroids, I don't know what they are". However, that literal translation would not really be what I was trying to say.

If anyone thinks that what I am saying is so far fetched and that I am "bugging", they most definitely don't speak more than one language and would not have the slightest clue about what the fuck I am talking about.

Me being bilingual, as soon as I heard Pac on the interview with Brian Kenny, I could tell the guy barely spoke English and could not take it literally when he said he did not know what steroids were.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I could see HOW this could be possible...but I dont think it works in the case.

I speak multiple language...Portuguese fluently and some spanish and some Arabic. Manny knows enough English to distinguish between saying I dont know what steroids are and saying something like I wouldnt use steroids, I dont know much about steroids, etc....

For instance..i could say in portuguese... Eu nao sei nada sobre esteroides... that is .(i dont know anything about steroids)... but that is WAY different from saying.... Eu nao sei o que os esteróides são (i dont know what steroids are)...

Manny just didnt learn English last month. This is a stretch. There was nothing unclear about the rest of his statements and nothing left up to intepretation

I dont buy it for a number of reasons.

However, he claims he is very conscious about what he puts in his body and is scared of needles,etc.... but when this PED issue was in the heart of the controversy...someone from his team said he didnt know what was being put in his body. The article was posted here.

It was a way of obsolving him...preemptively ... innonence by ignorance.

When you begin to connect the dots, it all seems a bit strange man..

same thing I commented on here

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=458711&highlight=ignorance+innocence
http://www.bgol.us/board/showpost.php?p=7659377&postcount=5

That's all I'm saying. I can also see HOW it could be possible. We disagree on whether he meant it or not but as a person that speaks more than one language, you understand where I'm coming from or the possibility at least. I've got no problem with disagreeing but at least you can think out of the box and see where I'm coming from.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Zef, if you read my post you would realize that I said your taking a leap of faith to believe that dumb shit... I didn't say it was impossible. Like I said before if this nigga can't explain the shit in English, his team should have another spokesman for him or correct any phrases that were misunderstood.

Niggas like yourself are acting like Manny is untarnished by this shit, but the nigga is still getting questioned about the same shit. At this point, after months of having to answer the same shit....How could Manny's team not have this shit together? The answer is that they want Manny to play stupid because motherfuckers will accept it or make excuses.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
it s funny.if you are a pbf fan and think manny is dirty then nothing can said to make you think otherwise. Same thing with manny fans. Me I honestly don't give a damn either way. I never wanted to see them fight anyhow. Dirty or clean it doesn't matter to me. I enjoy his fight just like I enjoy so many other fighters. I can't guess what manny was thinking. But what Z said makes sense to me for people that english is a second language and they don't speak it on the regular. Broken sentences happen all the time for people that don't have an adequate grasp of english. you can't compare a bilingual person with a person that really know one language and only rudimentary conversation skills with a second language.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
it s funny.if you are a pbf fan and think manny is dirty then nothing can said to make you think otherwise. Same thing with manny fans. Me I honestly don't give a damn either way. I never wanted to see them fight anyhow. Dirty or clean it doesn't matter to me. I enjoy his fight just like I enjoy so many other fighters. I can't guess what manny was thinking. But what Z said makes sense to me for people that english is a second language and they don't speak it on the regular. Broken sentences happen all the time for people that don't have an adequate grasp of english. you can't compare a bilingual person with a person that really know one language and only rudimentary conversation skills with a second language.

I totally agree with you but this is definitely a different scenario. It's not like Dude was giving him a spelling bee question or some shit...and I know damn well at this point, with all of the accusations and the 'LAWSUIT!!!" (how the hell are you going to file a lawsuit and not know what you are filing about and the cause of it?!?!?!) Dude has had some convo's with his team, associates, family, SOMEBODY!!! concerning this!?!?! For him at this point to say he doesn't know what they are...is just an out and out lie!!! If this was the day after Floyd initially made the testing request, I might buy it, but after what 1-2 months?!?! Dude knows whats going on...No doubt about it!!!:smh:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I totally agree with you but this is definitely a different scenario. It's not like Dude was giving him a spelling bee question or some shit...and I know damn well at this point, with all of the accusations and the 'LAWSUIT!!!" (how the hell are you going to file a lawsuit and not know what you are filing about and the cause of it?!?!?!) Dude has had some convo's with his team, associates, family, SOMEBODY!!! concerning this!?!?! For him at this point to say he doesn't know what they are...is just an out and out lie!!! If this was the day after Floyd initially made the testing request, I might buy it, but after what 1-2 months?!?! Dude knows whats going on...No doubt about it!!!:smh:

Tjervey, these niggas is accepting the bullshit just to argue. For months this has been the biggest issue in this niggas' career and at this point there is no excuse for this shit. It wasn't a topic that was pulled out the reports ass. Manny knew the shit was coming and had a prepared answer. You've notice that no one has come out to say it was reported incorrectly or that there was a misunderstanding, but I leave it to these "objective" niggas to explain every far fetch reason to accept bullshit.

merce77

Star
Registered
Damn, between this thread and the robberies thread, niccas are :angry: like a mufucca.:lol: Did ya'll catch the Valero fight on Showtime? Shit was good.:yes:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Damn, between this thread and the robberies thread, niccas are :angry: like a mufucca.:lol: :

Man.. I was mad for real.. I was almost ready to just smack the shit out of one of my Mexican friends and say... That was from Sweat Pea :lol:

Last edited:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Damn, between this thread and the robberies thread, niccas are :angry: like a mufucca.:lol: Did ya'll catch the Valero fight on Showtime? Shit was good.:yes:

I don't know why people are mad. Hell, I don't know why people can't let it go. The manny vs pbf fight is gone. the reason why doesn't even matter. It was never going to be a good fight anyways. I really hope shane wins because if that puts him in the same ring with manny it could be an epic and exciting match. I know there are people that love watching pbf fight. however a fight with manny and shane would be incredible.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Merce... I don't want to beg or anything, but do you have Darchinyan last couple of fights. Its hard enough to get Shobox super-middle shit off the net but anything else i damn near impossible.

Or maybe I don't know the right sites... if you got links to some good boxing resource I appreciate it. Either way I want to give you props in advance.

merce77

Star
Registered
I don't know why people are mad. Hell, I don't know why people can't let it go. The manny vs pbf fight is gone. the reason why doesn't even matter. It was never going to be a good fight anyways. I really hope shane wins because if that puts him in the same ring with manny it could be an epic and exciting match. I know there are people that love watching pbf fight. however a fight with manny and shane would be incredible.

That's a fight I'd love to see, and it's a fight that Freddie Roach sounds like he's not so sure Manny could win. I just don't see Shane getting by Mayweather.

Merce... I don't want to beg or anything, but do you have Darchinyan last couple of fights. Its hard enough to get Shobox super-middle shit off the net but anything else i damn near impossible.

Or maybe I don't know the right sites... if you got links to some good boxing resource I appreciate it. Either way I want to give you props in advance.

Here you go. And it's not beggin, it's requesting.

Vic Darchinyan vs Jorge Arce
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BZHAW1M

Joseph Agbeko vs Vic Darchinyan
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0C7NEAUH
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF91JMO7

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
That's a fight I'd love to see, and it's a fight that Freddie Roach sounds like he's not so sure Manny could win. I just don't see Shane getting by Mayweather.

Here you go. And it's not beggin, it's requesting.

Vic Darchinyan vs Jorge Arce
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BZHAW1M

Joseph Agbeko vs Vic Darchinyan
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0C7NEAUH
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF91JMO7

Thanks.

Shane vs Manny would be great, but I would not be surprise if everyone at GBP would request Olympic style drug testing before they fight Pac. Secondly I doubt that Shane will get past Mayweather if he couldn't get past Cotto. I'm still not sold on whether Pac will get past Clottey.

I find it very funny that cats on here constantly post comments in threads about Floyd when they don't even appreciate the niggas' skill.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Thanks.

Shane vs Manny would be great, but I would not be surprise if everyone at GBP would request Olympic style drug testing before they fight Pac. Secondly I doubt that Shane will get past Mayweather if he couldn't get past Cotto. I'm still not sold on whether Pac will get past Clottey.

I find it very funny that cats on here constantly post comments in threads about Floyd when they don't even appreciate the niggas' skill.

Golden Boy has the upper hand in that. Pac/Arum wanted to make the rubber match with Marquez, a GB fighter, but they wanted the blood testing.
If he beats Clottey, the Mayweather-Mosley winner is the best, and maybe only, option and random blood testing will be part of the negotiations.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Golden Boy has the upper hand in that. Pac/Arum wanted to make the rubber match with Marquez, a GB fighter, but they wanted the blood testing.
If he beats Clottey, the Mayweather-Mosley winner is the best, and maybe only, option and random blood testing will be part of the negotiations.

exactly... Manny put himself into a corner and I would not be surprised if he retires after fighting Clottey. Him might fight Margarito, but he will have t give in to drug testing if he want to fight a super fight.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
exactly... Manny put himself into a corner and I would not be surprised if he retires after fighting Clottey. Him might fight Margarito, but he will have t give in to drug testing if he want to fight a super fight.

Margarito??? :puke::puke:

They could fight to see who fucked Cotto the hardest.:D

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
yeah I know, but I'm pretty sure Berto is set to get the winner of Shane and Mayweather if Manny is still acting bitch made about the testing.

Ah, Mr. Berto. That guy is an x-factor. If Floyd wins and Manny's still not blood testing, he might be in line but he may need another big win on his resume to get that payday. If Shane wins, Andre should be first in line.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks.

Yeah, it's hilarious.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Ah, Mr. Berto. That guy is an x-factor. If Floyd wins and Manny's still not blood testing, he might be in line but he may need another big win on his resume to get that payday. If Shane wins, Andre should be first in line.

I don't agree.... if PBF beats Shane and Manny is still acting funny, who will Floyd fight besides Berto. Floyd won't risk the chance of Manny fighting Berto first. Plus I think Berto probably went to GBP, told them what he wants to do and probably worked out a deal for his return fight.

I never understood why people said Manny has more options because I see more logical moves at Welter for Floyd. PBF can fight the two biggest fights at welter and then go back to smaller name fighters if he wanted to. Manny will be playing catch up and have a limitation to who will fight him w/o the Olympic drug testing.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I don't agree.... if PBF beats Shane and Manny is still acting funny, who will Floyd fight besides Berto. Floyd won't risk the chance of Manny fighting Berto first. Plus I think Berto probably went to GBP, told them what he wants to do and probably worked out a deal for his return fight.

I never understood why people said Manny has more options because I see more logical moves at Welter for Floyd. PBF can fight the two biggest fights at welter and then go back to smaller name fighters if he wanted to. Manny will be playing catch up and have a limitation to who will fight him w/o the Olympic drug testing.

Absolutely, especially since Pac's now committed to fighting at welter. Welter isn't as deep as it was a few years ago. The depth is now, ironically, at lightweight.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yes, you are correct. So many boxers have stood up and said they will refuse to fight Manny without him taking Olympic drug testing. I can't remember any boxers that have said this but I'm sure you telepathically know who they are and what they will do. Great insight once again.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I'm making belief based on simple logic...

If your a big name contender to fight either of these guys, would you go for the pay day fighting a possible cheater or fighting a loud mouth. I think it is more likely that bigger name fighters in this weight range will be more concerned about cheating especially after seeing Cotto's career derailed by Margarito.

If your a hungry nigga, you would fight either one but I would prefer Floyd because if you win you can lay claim to being the only nigga to beat him.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Yes, you are correct. So many boxers have stood up and said they will refuse to fight Manny without him taking Olympic drug testing. I can't remember any boxers that have said this but I'm sure you telepathically know who they are and what they will do. Great insight once again.

Golden Boy has ruled out him fighting Juan Manuel Marquez without blood testing. That will probably apply to Shane Mosley as well if he beats Floyd Mayweather, so that's two right there. Pac thinned the field himself by committing to being a full time welterweight, cutting out Timothy Bradley as a potential opponent.